Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC = 1000$ in 2016  (Read 25036 times)
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:21:59 PM

Hard to say but with the numbers the way they have been lately it is not looking to good right now to peg that number to price of bitcoin. That is about double it's value of what it was 2 days ago.
Even without the recent Bitfinex hack I couldn't see the price come anywhere near the $1000 price level.

I think if we see the price reach $800 that we have done a very good job. Simply because there is still a good amount of selling pressure on the market.

Yeah $800 price is good to hold and I bet if we reach that price in coming months then majority of users will sell their coins to secure profits and I think that is the right thing to do.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:58:14 PM

Hard to say but with the numbers the way they have been lately it is not looking to good right now to peg that number to price of bitcoin. That is about double it's value of what it was 2 days ago.
Even without the recent Bitfinex hack I couldn't see the price come anywhere near the $1000 price level.

I think if we see the price reach $800 that we have done a very good job. Simply because there is still a good amount of selling pressure on the market.

Yeah $800 price is good to hold and I bet if we reach that price in coming months then majority of users will sell their coins to secure profits and I think that is the right thing to do.

That is right. I think $800 price could be achieved in a few months considering the price is just $550 now.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:28:05 PM

We're going to be stuck in $500-800 range for the foreseeable future. There's no new thing coming along for bitcoin, we can't even fix the tps limitation, in-fighting by the bitcoin core developers, no leadership, no vision for the future, it's just pathetic, the shape we're in. I think $600 is too high, given the fubar situation. I'm sure it's all going to go down soon.

eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:32:59 PM

That is right. I think $800 price could be achieved in a few months considering the price is just $550 now.

We should not be worry about the present crash as it was the effect of bitinfex scam,  but its recovering now and it will increase in coming days when people will start buying again.
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:40:24 PM

We should not be worry about the present crash as it was the effect of bitinfex scam,  but its recovering now and it will increase in coming days when people will start buying again.
yeah, the price is bouncing back right now, i think that we will reach the same prices in like a week or so and the price might even not stop growing then
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:54:22 PM

yeah, the price is bouncing back right now, i think that we will reach the same prices in like a week or so and the price might even not stop growing then

Yes, $800 seems a more realistic level, although we need to keep in mind that before the recent halving most of us were expecting a pump to the moon these days and our predictions failed drastically. So I have learned that it is better to keep a more conservative expectation taking into account the great unpredictability of this altcoin world.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:04:58 PM

Yes, $800 seems a more realistic level, although we need to keep in mind that before the recent halving most of us were expecting a pump to the moon these days and our predictions failed drastically. So I have learned that it is better to keep a more conservative expectation taking into account the great unpredictability of this altcoin world.

yeah if we have limited expectations then we will never get disappointed from bitcoin, but if you expect unrealistic value then you will surely get frustrated if you don't see that price.

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:43:08 PM

Not now from all that has transpired.
Maybe next year mate when the storm has passed for all who held before the halving happened.  Roll Eyes
potatopower

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:20:45 PM

well i doubt that it was a scam as it was just a theft, though i must agree that the price is going to recover, im not too worried about my investment in bitcoins, i hold

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:46:48 PM

well i doubt that it was a scam as it was just a theft, though i must agree that the price is going to recover, im not too worried about my investment in bitcoins, i hold

Yup and to be honest bitcoins seeks the support from the users like us and if we stand tall with it then we will be seeing much more powerful bitcoin in future.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:52:19 PM

We should not be worry about the present crash as it was the effect of bitinfex scam,  but its recovering now and it will increase in coming days when people will start buying again.

Let's hope the coins are not stolen by the owners of the exchange. Then it can be seen as a scam. If it turns out to be a real hack, then it's still the fault of Bitfinex as their security should be top notch. Other than that, the price will definitely recover. I am sure of that as the price has always gone up again after something really bad happened.
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:45:46 AM

Let's hope the coins are not stolen by the owners of the exchange. Then it can be seen as a scam. If it turns out to be a real hack, then it's still the fault of Bitfinex as their security should be top notch. Other than that, the price will definitely recover. I am sure of that as the price has always gone up again after something really bad happened.

I heard that the Bitfinex used the similar wallet system like some other exchanges, but there is no hack on other exchanges.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:58:22 AM

I heard that the Bitfinex used the similar wallet system like some other exchanges, but there is no hack on other exchanges.

They ran away with the cash. Wouldn't you be tempted to do the same thing if you already had an illegal company AND you got $65MN waiting there in the users' acounts? You would. This is very dangerous, and it seems like the owners lost it. Another few millionaires, getting rich from ponzi schemes.
richardsNY
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:24:11 PM

Exchanges using similar forms of storage of their coins isn't really the issue. We don't know yet how the hackers managed to get into their system to drain their wallets. Either way, hacks means that certain parts of their security are simply not secure enough, or there are serious holes in their code.

They ran away with the cash. Wouldn't you be tempted to do the same thing if you already had an illegal company AND you got $65MN waiting there in the users' acounts? You would. This is very dangerous, and it seems like the owners lost it. Another few millionaires, getting rich from ponzi schemes.

It will be really sad if it were the exchange owners stealing the coins of innocent people. What worries me more is that the users of their exchange are suffering a huge loss. So, if turns out that the owners of this exchange are the thieves here, they are still in charge and can also pull off another "hack" where they once again lose a huge load of coins.
vitod

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:28:27 PM

Exchanges using similar forms of storage of their coins isn't really the issue. We don't know yet how the hackers managed to get into their system to drain their wallets. Either way, hacks means that certain parts of their security are simply not secure enough, or there are serious holes in their code.

It will be really sad if it were the exchange owners stealing the coins of innocent people. What worries me more is that the users of their exchange are suffering a huge loss. So, if turns out that the owners of this exchange are the thieves here, they are still in charge and can also pull off another "hack" where they once again lose a huge load of coins.

Bitcoins are traceable the hacker who stole bitcoins can't get away with that sooner or later he will get caught. Now nobody even want that 1000 BTC giveaway unless the one who stole it and creating new accounts.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:45:23 PM

Bitcoins are traceable the hacker who stole bitcoins can't get away with that sooner or later he will get caught. Now nobody even want that 1000 BTC giveaway unless the one who stole it and creating new accounts.
i hope that he is going to get caught though there are occasions that they never get revealed and people never get their money back

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:34:55 PM

Price crashed after the bitfinex scam but now it has started to recover and we are seeing slow growth in the price, and I think $1k price is possible achieve at the end of the year.
richardsNY
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:16:08 PM

Bitcoin is traceable to a certain extend. The hacker(s) can simply mix their coins through various sites. Especially if it happens with small amounts. And if somehow the operators of the exchange are responsible for the theft, then believe me, they will not share any information on what addresses the coins are sitting in and have been transferred to.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:36:22 PM

Bitcoin is traceable to a certain extend. The hacker(s) can simply mix their coins through various sites. Especially if it happens with small amounts. And if somehow the operators of the exchange are responsible for the theft, then believe me, they will not share any information on what addresses the coins are sitting in and have been transferred to.

Yes and I don't think its easy to trace those coins which were hacked by the hackers as you said he will simply mix his coins, so the coins once lost are lost, it cannot be recovered.
BTC Loading

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

if you believe you can succeed

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:30:08 AM

Be ready!

i pray it happens because many of us here are waiting for that day so that we can sell and make good profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: