Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 833019 times)
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:22:03 PM

Which of the alt-coins are ASCI compatible? I know that many of them are not, but I am not sure which ones can be mined with ASIC.

Any sha256 coin should work? TRC, FRC, PPC for example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xorxor (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:55:09 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 12:23:13 AM by xorxor

I dont think bitgems comment is really fair. Bitgems have had a different goal from the start. The only idea they share with bitbar is POS and they are rare. The dev is planning ia innovation to bring gem like quality's and some sort of grading system to the gems, The client is in constant update with a real innovation in the works. I dont necessarily think it should be moved to the prospects category due to its low difficulty and hashrate but it should not be labeled as a bitbar copy Smiley

bitbar : a PoS + scrypt coin with PPC retargeting, but rare and started publicly , not in russian forum/ russian language / no binaries. "Bit" in name but "coin" gone
bitgem :a PoS + scrypt coin with bad retargeting, but rare and started publicly , not in russian forum/ russian language / no binaries. "Bit" in name but "coin" gone

hmmm....  really unfair for me to call it bitbar idea copy. "Dev is planning super duper big awesomeness for [insert name]" is not a quality or characteristic.

I was a little sad after removal of all description parts that could be understood as negative and removal od red font status. A lot of work and informativeness was lost. But thanks to You, I know it was necessary.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:57:13 PM

Which of the alt-coins are ASCI compatible? I know that many of them are not, but I am not sure which ones can be mined with ASIC.

BTC+NMC+DVC+IXC, PPC , FRC , TRC , BTE and some dying ones like I0C, RUC

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:48:59 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 09:54:22 AM by mullick

I dont think bitgems comment is really fair. Bitgems have had a different goal from the start. The only idea they share with bitbar is POS and they are rare. The dev is planning ia innovation to bring gem like quality's and some sort of grading system to the gems, The client is in constant update with a real innovation in the works. I dont necessarily think it should be moved to the prospects category due to its low difficulty and hashrate but it should not be labeled as a bitbar copy Smiley

bitbar : a PoS + scrypt coin with PPC retargeting, but rare and started publicly , not in russian forum/ russian language / no binaries. "Bit" in name but "coin" gone
bitgem :a PoS + scrypt coin with bad retargeting, but rare and started publicly , not in russian forum/ russian language / no binaries. "Bit" in name but "coin" gone

hmmm....  really unfair for me to call it bitbar idea copy. "Dev is planning super duper big awesomeness for [insert name]" is not a quality or characteristic.

I was a little sad after removal of all description parts that could be understood as negative and removal od red font status. A lot of work and informativeness was lost. But thanks to You, I know it was necessary.

I was not trying to say you were bad mouthing BTG just saying the description was not accurate. Bitgem was set out with a goal from the start. The developer has been hesitant with the details and honestly who knows if he will accomplish anything. Bitbar was pretty much a copy with a small block reward if I am not mistaken. I wish I could read the code more to see what is contained in the 5 updates that have been put out but we will see if it comes to anything.

I believe they are in the right section they are really the least know of of the most recent alts. The new label is just about perfect if it goes nowhere It could be labeled as a failed development or something.

The mobile site irritates me all I really read was purgatory then bitbar copy. Sorry for the hostility. Chrome is the only app that gets me off the mobile site for some reason.

EDIT: why is the bitgem re targeting bad. As I understand it it's 10min
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:35:45 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 11:13:13 AM by xorxor

I think you overreatcted to my statement. I was not coming in here yelling at you for saying it was a bitbar copy. I was just stating that the coin was launched as an expirement with the mentioned ideas. What does the launguage have to do witth anything? Binaries and source was available from the start. Are you saying because it's Pos+ scrypt and it removed the coin from the name it is a copy of bitbar?

(....EDIT: removed part of quote since You removed it.....)

Or LTC as BTC clone, tenebrix idea copy?

I was not trying to say you were bad mouthing BTG just saying the description was not accurate. Maybe you should just re label this is my personal opinion of alt coins. As you see no point in listening to others views

EDIT: why is the bitgem re targeting bad. As I understand it it's 10min

It's labeled bitbar idea copy. It is not a bitbar copy. It has different code. Bitbar was the first to have those characteristics, and bitgem has all of them and no others. Also, bitbar is much bigger thing, bad comparison to tenebrix and litecoin situation.

Bitgem has now a ppc copy of retarget[just checked the code], but It states  a 10 minutes retarget which is bad. It also has a bad PoS reward - left the original NVC pos-diff reverse proportional reward. for such a small number of BTG, diff is low,reward is enormus giving people 150% ROI [15000% of PPC] just about now - read the other forums. They don't even realize what is hapening. This is a broken thing, removed from cryptsy and coinchoose, soon to be mooved to dead.

Anyway, like I allways do - I preffer adding and listing others opinion If I cant persuade to mine. just to make this list as fair as possible.

So there You go - part you didn't like is removed.

/edited . removed part of quote

mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:43:06 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 10:01:25 AM by mullick

reward is enormus giving people 150% ROI [15000% of PPC] just about now - read the other forums. They don't even realize what is hapening. This is a broken thing, removed from cryptsy and coinchoose, soon to be mooved to dead.

I am curous as to what you meant about the russian forums? A m I missing something I honestly am curious. Thank you for changing it the list looks great. I wil edited my last post to reflect what I should have said

Edit: What do you mean about removed from cryptsy and coinchoose? bitgem has never had an exchange or even a block explorer. Are you talking about another coin there?
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:10:45 AM

reward is enormus giving people 150% ROI [15000% of PPC] just about now - read the other forums. They don't even realize what is hapening. This is a broken thing, removed from cryptsy and coinchoose, soon to be mooved to dead.

I am curous as to what you meant about the russian forums? A m I missing something I honestly am curious. Thank you for changing it the list looks great. I wil edited my last post to reflect what I should have said

Edit: What do you mean about removed from cryptsy and coinchoose? bitgem has never had an exchange or even a block explorer. Are you talking about another coin there?

The original POS+srypt is novacoin. This is a great job of well known , and one of the best dev's - Balthazar. But it was launched on russian forum where most people could'n find it. I did found it and I announced it on altcoins forum.

I'm definetely talking about the right coin. More likely Im mistaken but I was shure I saw big profitabilty od BTG once, impossible without listed on exchange, but that maybe was me calculating it myself from google docs ex. Im only human.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:03:52 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 01:07:38 PM by xorxor

(.... removed part I already qoted and responded...)
I believe they are in the right section they are really the least know of of the most recent alts. The new label is just about perfect if it goes nowhere It could be labeled as a failed development or something.
(...)

Ok, since You added something I will respond in a new post.

I cant name it "failed development" , because:
- Now that I understand most of the Code, my point of view is 90% [including 3 from minor and 5 from canditates] of them are underdeveloped.
- I just removed even slightest parts of description that might be considered negative. Stating 90% of them are crap would start SHITSTORM.

This list is a very delicate thing. I need, with help of everyone interested, to make is possibly most informative and complete, but not hurting anyone.
This is very important, no one to question its fairness, thats why I allways put some one else's sugestions before mine, of course if I cant persuade what I wrote is better. Moving things around this list can influence markets and can be percieved as a manipulation. This post is over 100K views, and we talk about real money here.

(...)
The mobile site irritates me all I really read was purgatory then bitbar copy. Sorry for the hostility. Chrome is the only app that gets me off the mobile site for some reason.

So You are only human too Smiley

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:22:30 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 03:33:27 PM by Balthazar

Quote from: xorxor
Stating 90% of them are crap would start SHITSTORM.
I think that sometimes we really need shitstorm. Just to remove shit from this forum, or move it to another place. But we need more precise definition of "shit". Roll Eyes
moltenmich

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:08:15 AM

Quote from: xorxor
Stating 90% of them are crap would start SHITSTORM.
I think that sometimes we really need shitstorm. Just to remove shit from this forum, or move it to another place. But we need more precise definition of "shit". Roll Eyes

Perhaps developing a standard to apply to the currencies. Currency devs can apply to be listed on this sticky and then people can analyze the coin to see if it qualifies to be listed. Other coins can still be discussed on the forum, and they can reapply after being developed farther/ gained adoption. But this way it really could make the board easier to navigate.

█ Professional Design & Multimedia █

michpalmer.com
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:40:34 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 07:58:51 AM by mullick

The original POS+srypt is novacoin. This is a great job of well known , and one of the best dev's - Balthazar. But it was launched on russian forum where most people could'n find it. I did found it and I announced it on altcoins forum.

BTW just saw your name on give me ltc stats. That hashrate is just rude.... You need to share  Angry

I'm definetely talking about the right coin. More likely Im mistaken but I was shure I saw big profitabilty od BTG once, impossible without listed on exchange, but that maybe was me calculating it myself from google docs ex. Im only human.

You must have calculated it from the google docs exchange. unfortunately Bitgem has been very quiet. No block explorer, no exchange, I funded the house account to get it on a gambling site But it Just got a forum yesterday. I really hope the dev comes through. Although it would be hard to top balthazar!

When you stated It was broken and people on the other forums didnt know what is going on it may have been me Sad If you are referring to cryptocointalk. I never really grasped the concept of pos. I have come along way in figuring it out. There really is little information to help understand it. Any way you could elaborate on what you meant? I am starting classes in a few months for programming at 25 years old Sad  but from what I can see there are little changes from nvc. I really like the idea of what the dev has planned. If he is unable to accomplish it I may make it my pet project when I get a good grasp on coding.
mineral

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 10:42:08 AM by mineral

Well, I just want to point out:

- BitGem are not broken at all . (-> What are you meaning, man?)

- Retargeting is 10 min. same than btb. Retargetting implementation is the same as PPC and NVC. It can be some bias when miners go out, but it is a normal adjustment.

- BitGem is is not an "LTC clone", just like the miriad of trillons of substring-replace copy-clones and people knows it. Of course, it has not got 1,250,000 of coins premined neither collect the 50% of reward of blocks to miners ...

- PoS is set up according to ammount money supplied. You can see the MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE, reduced 100%.  Code is forked of 0.4.1 of balathazar. which  has got a programmatic switch stake for 30 Jun.

- Added value of this crypto is planned when I have got a little time. I am planning a gem converter for doing conversions between gems value taking into account  properties susch as Carats, Cut, Clarity etc.

- No exchange ... BBQ was more than a year withoout exchange. FeaherCoin and Chinacoin are now forked  and in coma   ... The most important thing is to do a crypto interesting and provide some different development. Obviosly neither <LTC_clone_substring_replace>Coin of the exchanges did it. Yes did PPCoin and, in minor order, Novacoin. But all this is credited, of course, great merit of ppcoin and novacoin.

I hope to have clarified the points about bitgem present and further develpoment.

BTC: 1BTGghTiiqz2mQCYP2AiSv5ec5kcvkaJXu
LTC: LfgarrrLJgkZMSUCeScgHatxyfQtiggN9Z
BTG: gTpTt8d9rSejXDm4QX5vrLtPkrXkpwbrDL
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:22:32 PM

Good to see you here mineral. I was just looking through the code that I understand. Guess what is the timestamp. This thread. It that with NVC as well? Do others do this?

const char* pszTimestamp = "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.msg1502196#msg1502196
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:31:01 PM

It's from NVC.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

It's from NVC.

That's what I thought. It was just odd to find it there after just posting in this thread. The crypto world is a small place.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:01:22 PM

It's digitalcoin not digicoin, and it was not moved up suddenly. There were announcements each time we were ahead of schedule and a count down that was also updated in the thread title and thread. The proof of all of this is the digitalcoin thread.

corrected to digitalcoin.

don't tell me what I red and saw. I saw at least 2 edits of OP changing what coin will be and when.

You said diff 1
I asked how did you mined it?
you said "slowly" and then pasted a picture of 4x gigabyte 79x0 card rig. like you mined it on GPUS...
than you edited OP that actualy it will start @ diff 0.1 but there will be no reward until diff 1
you said launch is predicted around thursday or smth
next day, when I check forum, and coin is launched 4 times quicker with 0.00024 diff and rewards from beginnig.
post  #7 and OP edited again....

I did go neutral on it. just posting facts, not my opinion.

Just wanted to add bartibus did release 1 hour and some odd minutes earlier than his last stated launch time. We were asking the same questions. About why he sold the mining rights to the rig he was supposedly mining the diff. 1 genesis block with. The mining rights were for 1 week of worldcoin mining. 24 hours before launch or digitalcoin. You must have left right before the release
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:27:37 PM

It's from NVC.

That's what I thought. It was just odd to find it there after just posting in this thread. The crypto world is a small place.
I used it to see how many users checked source code before running the software.  Wink
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:40:58 PM

1 - BitGem are not broken at all . (-> What are you meaning, man?)

2 - Retargeting is 10 min. same than btb. Retargetting implementation is the same as PPC and NVC. It can be some bias when miners go out, but it is a normal adjustment.

3 - BitGem is is not an "LTC clone", just like the miriad of trillons of substring-replace copy-clones and people knows it. Of course, it has not got 1,250,000 of coins premined neither collect the 50% of reward of blocks to miners ...

4 - PoS is set up according to ammount money supplied. You can see the MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE, reduced 100%.  Code is forked of 0.4.1 of balathazar. which  has got a programmatic switch stake for 30 Jun.

5 - Added value of this crypto is planned when I have got a little time. I am planning a gem converter for doing conversions between gems value taking into account  properties susch as Carats, Cut, Clarity etc.

6 -  No exchange ... BBQ was more than a year withoout exchange. FeaherCoin and Chinacoin are now forked  and in coma   ... The most important thing is to do a crypto interesting and provide some different development. Obviosly neither <LTC_clone_substring_replace>Coin of the exchanges did it. Yes did PPCoin and, in minor order, Novacoin. But all this is credited, of course, great merit of ppcoin and novacoin.

I hope to have clarified the points about bitgem present and further develpoment.

1. people are getting weird rewards they cant explain, that seem a liitle high for well set PoS.

2. retargeting is 1 block just checked the code, and it aproximates  days of work  using 7*24*60 / 10 as number of blocks, to make adjustment speed similar to 7 days average. 10 minutes is block time or Target Spacing using names from the code.

3. yes, not LTC clone. a novacoin clone.

4 reduced 100% ? that means disabled. no its not disabled. just checked the code.

5 plans....

6 yup! ltc clones are all in resonance or coma, or will be, or just out of one. funniest thing is how they try to repair the thing.... instead of geting proper retarget algo they try funny things

mineral

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

1 - BitGem are not broken at all . (-> What are you meaning, man?)

2 - Retargeting is 10 min. same than btb. Retargetting implementation is the same as PPC and NVC. It can be some bias when miners go out, but it is a normal adjustment.

3 - BitGem is is not an "LTC clone", just like the miriad of trillons of substring-replace copy-clones and people knows it. Of course, it has not got 1,250,000 of coins premined neither collect the 50% of reward of blocks to miners ...

4 - PoS is set up according to ammount money supplied. You can see the MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE, reduced 100%.  Code is forked of 0.4.1 of balathazar. which  has got a programmatic switch stake for 30 Jun.

5 - Added value of this crypto is planned when I have got a little time. I am planning a gem converter for doing conversions between gems value taking into account  properties susch as Carats, Cut, Clarity etc.

6 -  No exchange ... BBQ was more than a year withoout exchange. FeaherCoin and Chinacoin are now forked  and in coma   ... The most important thing is to do a crypto interesting and provide some different development. Obviosly neither <LTC_clone_substring_replace>Coin of the exchanges did it. Yes did PPCoin and, in minor order, Novacoin. But all this is credited, of course, great merit of ppcoin and novacoin.

1. people are getting weird rewards they cant explain, that seem a liitle high for well set PoS.

After initial version, a switch reward was done, this could explain old clients got old rewards for a couple hours but it is far from much people getting rewards ... However, this was very time ago and rewards are 0.3-0.4 since  long time ago.

About PoS rewards  ... It is doubtful because current constant reward PoS is indeed  lower ... (check consant reward before 30 Jun).

2. retargeting is 1 block just checked the code, and it aproximates  days of work  using 7*24*60 / 10 as number of blocks, to make adjustment speed similar to 7 days average. 10 minutes is block time or Target Spacing using names from the code.

Retargeting setting are the same Novacoin, each block. No changes in it.

Code:
     int64 nActualSpacing = pindexPrev->GetBlockTime() - pindexPrevPrev->GetBlockTime();

// ppcoin: target change every block
    // ppcoin: retarget with exponential moving toward target spacing
    CBigNum bnNew;
    bnNew.SetCompact(pindexPrev->nBits);
    int64 nTargetSpacing = fProofOfStake? nStakeTargetSpacing : min(nTargetSpacingWorkMax, (int64) nStakeTargetSpacing * (1 + pindexLast->nHeight - pindexPrev->nHeight));
    int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;
    bnNew *= ((nInterval - 1) * nTargetSpacing + nActualSpacing + nActualSpacing);
    bnNew /= ((nInterval + 1) * nTargetSpacing);

if (bnNew > bnTargetLimit)
        bnNew = bnTargetLimit;

return bnNew.GetCompact();

3. yes, not LTC clone. a novacoin clone.

4 reduced 100% ? that means disabled. no its not disabled. just checked the code.

No expressed correctly here.

Because smaller amount BTGs related to PPC or NVC bulk, I set up PoS reward to 0.015 CENTs. Too low as for excesive PoS rewards as you say.

After 0.4.2.1 version I set PoW reward to 1-3 CENTS, what it be effective in Baltahzar switch skate of 30 Jun.

Original (NVC) PoS rewards are fixed 5 CENTS and progresive 1COIN, halved x64 diff.

5 plans....
Well not much excuses here. Perhaps I do it next week, at least for consoe command.

6 yup! ltc clones are all in resonance or coma, or will be, or just out of one. funniest thing is how they try to repair the thing.... instead of geting proper retarget algo they try funny things
Noone are the bitcoin creators or Balthazars in the first time, I suppose devs try save the blockchain as first goal.

Bitgem are working fine at the moment. I think PoS reward can be the discord point, but it is assumed original seetings were too much for a bulk of  20,000 -30,000 BTGs, so I resized to 0,015 and from 30 Jun, 1 -3 CENT.

BTC: 1BTGghTiiqz2mQCYP2AiSv5ec5kcvkaJXu
LTC: LfgarrrLJgkZMSUCeScgHatxyfQtiggN9Z
BTG: gTpTt8d9rSejXDm4QX5vrLtPkrXkpwbrDL
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:35:58 PM

It's from NVC.

I used it to see how many users checked source code before running the software.  Wink

Well unfourtunatly I dont know how to read the code and just try to pick up on what I can ( Human readable form ) Tha t is why I have mostly not mined new coins for a few days to let the community do what I can't/ With a few coins Such as CHN YAC and FTC I just ran the binaries on a vm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: