Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 833015 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:15:42 PM

// DEL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xorxor (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:05:50 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 01:46:57 PM by xorxor

GameCoin's ticker is now GME, the coin has been adopted by active and competent developers, and the 51% has been all but defeated with some changes to the difficulty algorithm.

The coin is now more agile and can easily survive even brutal hashrate drops with only minimal delay to transactions (fixing a problem plaguing most alts), as well as quickly adapting to a large hashrate spike to prevent abuse by bigger miners.

I think this post got lost in the shuffle, or was blatantly ignored. Either way I obviously may have a biased interest in whether this coin succeeds or not. I would still prefer that the public have the best information (latest) that there is available.

Please xorxor, add this to your list of coins under review, thanks.

-PoolMinor

Thank You for trying to help. It is very important for everybody to join forces in making this list complete.
I value every post like this.

If you look closely, gamecoin is on the list since it started. unfortunately under DEAD category.

I'll say it one more time. There has to be big inertia in coin movement between categories. We don't want jumps up and down every day.
thats why its hard to get out of DEAD category. It has been done, but it requires stable client, nice stable hashrate and buying support for some period of time. Well gamecoin is dead and not even trying.

There is a unofficial fork that uses the same blockchain, but:
1 - It's reviving dead on arrival coin with no blockchain to save.
2 - starting new coin od old dead blockchain = HUGE premine.
3 - coin has failed to synchronize hardfork updates and has problems with multiple forks fighting.
4 -
competent developers made  coin more agile
:

Code:
 // Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 4;
        // ... in best-case exactly 4-times-normal target time
        nTime -= nTargetTimespan*4;

left the 4* difficulty change

Code:
       nTargetTimespan = 2 * 60 * 60; // 2 hours
        nTargetSpacing = 2.5 * 60; // 2.5 minutes
        nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

but changed retarget to uberfast

that is heavy resonancing algo, already abused in other bad retargeting but more successfull clones.

5 - there is no  hashrate,
6 - there is no buying or eved google doc's "exchange" to view it.

As You can see I am not ignoring no one. I do a lot of research for every little coin.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:27:38 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 04:42:13 PM by jayo89

Can you clarify?  These two statements seem entirely contradictory.  How can there be a huge premine if there is no blockchain to save?

We adopted development of this coin not very long after the original "developer" (The one who didn't even bother/know how to swap out a few graphics and string constants) had departed.  Nearly all active members of this fork were active members of the original coin.
Perhaps we should modify our threat to remove the "unofficial" status to avoid confusion. (given that the original developer didn't do any actual developing)

All major hashpower and GME service providers and consistent users are on the same blockchain.  There is no fighting from what I've seen.

If you could at the very least correct Gamecoin's ticker to GME I'd be much obliged.  We'll get out of the dead category on our own steam Wink

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:03:45 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 01:47:21 PM by xorxor

Thank You for trying to help. It is very important for everybody to join forces in making this list complete.
I value every post like this.......

.......If you look closely, gamecoin is on the list since it started. unfortunately under DEAD category.
As You can see I am not ignoring no one. I do a lot of research for every little coin.

(...........)
Will there be a larger interest in this coin due to this post? I hope so, only time will tell.

Look at the number of views of this thread. I'm shure a lot of interest will appear.

I'm neutral on coins in the OP list, but mainly critical in the thread, to disencourage tries for promotion and it looks like it's helping.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:20:30 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 01:51:14 PM by xorxor

Can you clarify?  These two statements seem entirely contradictory.  How can there be a huge premine if there is no blockchain to save?

Of course I can:

1- a) There where no buing or using the coin until death, so no real value in the blockchain to save.
    b) Original mined coins where stolen in 51% that took most of the early mining - so mostly attacker gains from not restarting the chain.

2- a) Continuing saved a lot of coins mined in instamine and in 51% attack.
    b) Since no new blockchain, there is no way to tell if someone mined all the time BEFORE LAUNCH, possibly premining a lot.
    c) There is no longer "Coin Debut Rush" so reviving party can mine for free geting a mega-instamine for a long periond of time.

We adopted development of this coin not very long after the original "developer" (The one who didn't even bother/know how to swap out a few graphics and string constants) had departed.  Nearly all active members of this fork were active members of the original coin.
Perhaps we should modify our threat to remove the "unofficial" status to avoid confusion. (given that the original developer didn't do any actual developing)

Oh, You are 100% correct here sir. This was so bad....

All major hashpower and GME service providers and consistent users are on the same blockchain.  There is no fighting from what I've seen.

I'm sorry then, but I red it in Your revival thread OP....
quote:
"If you're getting "wallet out of sync" errors, this should solve it and ensure we're all on the correct blockchain."
I'm happy for You that the problem is over.
Quote from: xorxor
--bad sounding words--
There's no need to patronize like that.  I understand you have a big job here and it's frustrating, but it's hard to see someone as impartial when they give you a condescending tone when asking a polite question.

Oh, You are right. Now when I see what I Wrote it sounds terrible. I didnt ment to sound that patronizing. I changed the post not to.
I would appreciate for You to change the quote so I would not have to be ashamed of it.

If you could at the very least correct Gamecoin's ticker to GME I'd be much obliged.  We'll get out of the dead category on our own steam Wink

done, also added link to your thread.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 10:38:32 PM by Balthazar

[link removed]

Hm... BitBar and no NovaCoin... It seems quite strange, I think.
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:15:44 PM

----crapiest list link----

Hm... BitBar and no NovaCoin... It seems quite strange, I think.

Remove link to this crap, don't give it any credit.

someone copied my early work long time ago believing edited by everyone it would be superb. but he was mistaken badly.
1 there are only a few people that get what is going on.
2 there is a lot of work and resarch to do to really add or edit something
3 everybody has some agenda, has some coins in wallet.
5 everybody is biased.

well, when everybody is editing, You get crap like:
- tonal bitcoin troll-added by altcoin hater Luke-JR
- NVC removed by some LTC lover who dont get 110k was destroyed or is simply FUD'ing
- no actual work done since my work kopied.

please delete this utter crap link.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:06:49 PM

this is definitely one of the best threads on this whole forum
i am thinking of marking the coins on www.cryptocoincharts.info with majo/minor tags based on your list.
how often do you update the list?
solracx

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 08:24:22 PM

Any chance ZenithCoin (ZTC) gets listed?

In has been out for a week now... FTC got listed in an exchange in the same period!

Block explorer is here:  http://explore.zenithcoin.com  unlike most other coins, ZTC hosts and runs its own blockexplorer.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:04:27 AM

Interesting read but I don't see the point in all these clone currencies. Bitcoin and maybe litecoin is all thats needed.
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:35:22 AM

this is definitely one of the best threads on this whole forum
i am thinking of marking the coins on www.cryptocoincharts.info with majo/minor tags based on your list.
how often do you update the list?

Thank You, rare post's like this helps me going.

Update are immediate everytime something important changes. Additionally about once, twice a week for not important changes.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:55:37 AM

In has been out for a week now... FTC got listed in an exchange in the same period!

Block explorer is here:  http://explore.zenithcoin.com  unlike most other coins, ZTC hosts and runs its own blockexplorer.

Are all other blockchains of Zenithcoin dead?
Did you changed port or handshake?
Are they fighting or coexist?

solracx

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

-> I got no idea if those blockchains still exist.   two guys claim it does, but they must trade amonst themselves.

-> Geneisis block is different, protocol is different and ports are different.  Completely incompatible.

->  Like I said, I have no clue what these 2 guys are up to,  all I do know is the official ZTC coin started mining on 6/09/2013 and has been fine ever since. Check the block explorer.    These other guys... they just have some old source code they got compiled.  No block explorer, no services, no pool,  really nothing.   Just a bunch of newbies who didn't understand what test coins were.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:03:54 PM

Block explorer is here:  http://explore.zenithcoin.com  unlike most other coins, ZTC hosts and runs its own blockexplorer.

-> I got no idea if those blockchains still exist.   two guys claim it does, but they must trade amonst themselves.

-> Geneisis block is different, protocol is different and ports are different.  Completely incompatible.

->  Like I said, I have no clue what these 2 guys are up to,  all I do know is the official ZTC coin started mining on 6/09/2013 and has been fine ever since. Check the block explorer.    These other guys... they just have some old source code they got compiled.  No block explorer, no services, no pool,  really nothing.   Just a bunch of newbies who didn't understand what test coins were.

Thank You for your help. That's what I needed.
Update in the making, Zenithcoin is going to be added 100%

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:50:08 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 07:56:50 PM by xorxor

Guys, I have a problem clasifying argentum.

- premined  200000 in single ulrta-mega-block nr 1
- launch thread states " Fair launch: Block 0-500: 0 ARG "
- no mention of premine

Well, I just removed all negative description parts, don't want to start adding them again.

To avoid words like "scam" or "unfair", my proposition is : "hidden 200000 premine".

It shouldn't b just "premined clone"  , cause other preminers were fair about it.

edit:

got proof of premine announced

mineral

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:52:42 PM

Please, add this info to BitGem if relevant.

I have implemented a very simple 4Cs (Carat, Color, Clarity, Cut) gemstone model and a RPC method getgems for translating your BTG balance into especific gems.

BTC: 1BTGghTiiqz2mQCYP2AiSv5ec5kcvkaJXu
LTC: LfgarrrLJgkZMSUCeScgHatxyfQtiggN9Z
BTG: gTpTt8d9rSejXDm4QX5vrLtPkrXkpwbrDL
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:11:09 PM

A HUGE update.

So many things changed, that listing all of them makes no sense.

Most important:

-coins are now no more  in random order,
     top of the category are those that can easly jump up a category
     bottom of the category - about to be downgraded
-completely new look.
-threads linked under coin name
-removed  chronological list [left the link]
-consolidated "more info" section into main one, and removed.
-a lot of new coins
-a lot of new descriptions, edits, corrections

3btc

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:13:35 PM

And I like it! Most important thread ever! :bow: Thanks!

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
solracx

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:23:26 PM

Block explorer is here:  http://explore.zenithcoin.com  unlike most other coins, ZTC hosts and runs its own blockexplorer.

-> I got no idea if those blockchains still exist.   two guys claim it does, but they must trade amonst themselves.

-> Geneisis block is different, protocol is different and ports are different.  Completely incompatible.

->  Like I said, I have no clue what these 2 guys are up to,  all I do know is the official ZTC coin started mining on 6/09/2013 and has been fine ever since. Check the block explorer.    These other guys... they just have some old source code they got compiled.  No block explorer, no services, no pool,  really nothing.   Just a bunch of newbies who didn't understand what test coins were.

Thank You for your help. That's what I needed.
Update in the making, Zenithcoin is going to be added 100%

You want to mention that does not implement demurrage and 2.5 minute confirms.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:19:57 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 08:45:21 AM by xorxor

You want to mention that does not implement demurrage and 2.5 minute confirms.

Description shortened to make some place. Now I could add no demurrage and so I did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: