Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2017, 12:22:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 726316 times)
DogtownHero

Activity: 70

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

LOL, funny that its never been stranded once, despite huge swells in difficulty and influxes and exoduses of hashrate. the retarget works perfectly. there is nothing broken about the ppcoin code.. i challenge you to try the coin before spouting your pompus opinions based in your own assumptions.

well, is it the right code than or not ?

problem is he deleted the original source code before he sent me the client. i decided to move forward any way with the 1 coin rewards. as a compromise, we premined 250 blocks. he got 101 blocks and my computer got 149 blocks. in the grand scheme of things, yes it was a premine but it was much smaller than the planned premine. the original block rewards were supposed to be 22.5 coins per block then gradually tapering down to .0777 coins per block. since the block rewards seem to be locked in at 1 coin per block i decided that premining 177,777 blocks would not only be unfair, it would be not feasible. as far as the diff retarget though, it works. i don't know if it was a line of bull he fed me but it seems to retarget gracefully on each block. we've had influxes of 120 m/h both ways and the coin just keeps chugging along. overall i'm happy with how it turned out. i like the idea of the proof of stake checkpoints and transaction based demurrage. one thing that bugs me is that the various source codes he has provided never compile for anyone on linux, which is a bummer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join the Crowdfunding Revolution ►► FundYourselfNow.com ◄◄ Crowdsale with
attractive rewards
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

LOL, funny that its never been stranded once, despite huge swells in difficulty and influxes and exoduses of hashrate. the retarget works perfectly. there is nothing broken about the ppcoin code.. i challenge you to try the coin before spouting your pompus opinions based in your own assumptions.

problem is he deleted the original source code before he sent me the client. i decided to move forward any way with the 1 coin rewards. as a compromise, we premined 250 blocks. he got 101 blocks and my computer got 149 blocks. in the grand scheme of things, yes it was a premine but it was much smaller than the planned premine. the original block rewards were supposed to be 22.5 coins per block then gradually tapering down to .0777 coins per block. since the block rewards seem to be locked in at 1 coin per block i decided that premining 177,777 blocks would not only be unfair, it would be not feasible. as far as the diff retarget though, it works. i don't know if it was a line of bull he fed me but it seems to retarget gracefully on each block. we've had influxes of 120 m/h both ways and the coin just keeps chugging along. overall i'm happy with how it turned out. i like the idea of the proof of stake checkpoints and transaction based demurrage. one thing that bugs me is that the various source codes he has provided never compile for anyone on linux, which is a bummer.

ok man, i'm sorry i know i messed up(irony) but i am still working on providing you with the right source code. problem is there are 7 different versions of the source and i didn't label them so i don't remember which version i used, and none of them seem to be building in the virtual machine no longer. i've asked justin to maybe take a look at it with me and see if he can compile it on a native window machine but he hasn't replied yet. i promise as soon as i get this sorted i will hook you up with the right source code. i feel really bad about this Dogtown, i really do. i owe ya one. if you want a refund of your btc i understand and will pay it back immediately if thats what you want

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
xorxor

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:10:56 PM

ok man, i'm sorry i know i messed up(irony) but i am still working on providing you with the right source code. problem is there are 7 different versions of the source and i didn't label them so i don't remember which version i used, and none of them seem to be building in the virtual machine no longer. i've asked justin to maybe take a look at it with me and see if he can compile it on a native window machine but he hasn't replied yet. i promise as soon as i get this sorted i will hook you up with the right source code. i feel really bad about this Dogtown, i really do. i owe ya one. if you want a refund of your btc i understand and will pay it back immediately if thats what you want

OMG thats ridiculous!!  LOL Cheesy

Let me know when the code will be found and published. I will move the coin again.

xorxor

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:29:56 PM

added:

ZcCoin, FreeCoin, Pennies, Paycoin , Redcoin

https://coinex.pw/

moved:

I0Coin moved from the dead to alive

some minor corections.

fellowdj

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:02:29 AM

Thanks xorxor! Great list Smiley

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 2170

BTC-e Divine Overlord, ask cryptodevil for details

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:41:09 PM

"Trollcoins" section should be added. Cheesy

novaco.in | Transparent Etherium mining pool (80 GH/s, DGM)
฿: 1QJ8RFiRKsJKmY8ZAjxfCUeBZXmjthK4Pk: 4RgnHWtnJWEyMhqhDdazW3Hdr7cx5ybF6i ETH: 0x5B475Febb3018f41d0Ac3C2f1A864bd102ab5a2E
r3wt

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:43:15 PM

"Trollcoins" section should be added. Cheesy

And while he's add it, why doesn't he add a "Scamcoins" section?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:40:59 PM

why doesn't he add a "Scamcoins" section?
Because it exists already. It was renamed to "Dead" a long time ago.

฿: 1QJ8RFiRKsJKmY8ZAjxfCUeBZXmjthK4Pk: 4RgnHWtnJWEyMhqhDdazW3Hdr7cx5ybF6i ETH: 0x5B475Febb3018f41d0Ac3C2f1A864bd102ab5a2E
r3wt

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:28:35 PM

why doesn't he add a "Scamcoins" section?
Because it exists already. It was renamed to "Dead" a long time ago.

that was an unfair joke targeted at NVC. i'm sorry i did that, you seem to actually be an ok dude despite the NVC premine. i shouldn't have been so rude to you after you have been so nice to me. Btw, you are doing great work repairing PHS.

r3wt

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:39:00 PM

one more thing xorxor, you forgot to list ANN, which is possibly the greatest crypto ever

this trolling is not even good enough for "not a coin" list. There were better troll-ann's and they are not on the list

sh*tcoin was my personal favorite...

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:25:53 PM

that was an unfair joke targeted at NVC. i'm sorry i did that, you seem to actually be an ok dude despite the NVC premine. i shouldn't have been so rude to you after you have been so nice to me. Btw, you are doing great work repairing PHS.
Thank you, but there is no premine exists in NVC. Anyone able to verify this fact using a block chain explorer and calculator. Of course, people are free to listen the ignorant or biased guys, but it's not a thing that our brains supposed to do. Smiley That's why I'm using the "Ignore" button instead of arguing with them and I recommend anyone to do the same.

xorxor

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 10:34:30 PM

6 new coins, and some changes coming into next update.

I have a proposition to change the categories, but first, I want to check the response :

1 Bitcoin

2 Litecoin

3 Major [ rest major and all current minor]

4 Minor [all current candidates]

5 Candidates [the current top paragraph of purgatory]

6 Purgatory [the rest]

Let me know what you think.

mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:54:46 AM

I think Litecoin is a declining currency and in a couple months will be overtaken by Primecoin.  I would not give Litecoin its own catergory.
xorxor

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 10:41:27 AM

I think Litecoin is a declining currency and in a couple months will be overtaken by Primecoin.  I would not give Litecoin its own catergory.

Maybe, who knows - I'm gonna change the list than. Right now it has more market cap that all other alts together.

r3wt

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:08:00 AM

Maybe, who knows - I'm gonna change the list than. Right now it has more market cap that all other alts together.

Well, you left out gamecoin. it was released about 3 months ago, killed, then resurrected a few weeks ago. it just got added to cryptsy. might wanna research up on it. not sure of the timeline/specifics

xorxor

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:14:01 PM

Well, you left out gamecoin. it was released about 3 months ago, killed, then resurrected a few weeks ago. it just got added to cryptsy. might wanna research up on it. not sure of the timeline/specifics

You missed it on the list!

- it was added immediately after relase
- it was moved to dead when died
- there was new link added to the description when tries to revive it started.
- I was actively helping dev's with the coin security in the new revival thread
- it is still on the list, with both original and revival thread links.

I know about this coin, It will be resurected on next update, with the 7 new coins I'm researching now. 

Thank You for your interest in the list.

r3wt

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

I know about this coin, It will be resurected on next update, with the 7 new coins I'm researching now. 

ah ok my bad, its listed as FTC instead of GME. thats weird

xorxor

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:36:35 PM

ah ok my bad, its listed as FTC instead of GME. thats weird

It was so bad clone, even the ticker was not changed.
original description was : "FTC Gamecoin . Yes, FTC... Clone so bad it was 51% - killed the first day"
 It is revived under new ticker GME.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:24:44 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess that we need a periodical contest or review. I.e. analogue for the Ig Nobel prize in the cryptos subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ig_Nobel_Prize

Because it will provide you an opportunity to make this list simpler by moving records about the unusual achievements (e.g. MMMCoin or SolidCoin) into another topic.

Petr1fied

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:01:56 PM

It was so bad clone, even the ticker was not changed.
original description was : "FTC Gamecoin . Yes, FTC... Clone so bad it was 51% - killed the first day"
 It is revived under new ticker GME.

It's no longer "Ongoing tries for revival", I think it pretty much qualifies for a successful revival now. Also the only thing remaining from it's FTC clone beginnings is the same genesis block, there are many checkpoints starting with block 1 on the legitimately mined chain and all clients older than GameCoin v0.8.1 are now blacklisted and cannot connect to contaminate the peers list.

Any chance it could at least get a promotion from dead/dying to The Purgatory and you could update the forum topic to the current topic?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.