Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:52:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 ... 2268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3072981 times)
DodgyEnd
Copper Member

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

Im using the Lisk Nano wallet. What will happen after the rebranding?

Do I need to move my funds from Lisk Nano, or will those be transfered auto to the new "Lisk Wallet" after downloading It.

Will I still only need my passphrase to get access to the new Lisk Wallet after the rebranding?

I just want to be prepared so dont get any issues when rebranding is done 29th of February.

Anyone know already and can get me some info?

I'm sure this info will be available when we close in on the date of rebranding...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:23:38 PM

Im using the Lisk Nano wallet. What will happen after the rebranding?
Do I need to move my funds from Lisk Nano, or will those be transfered auto to the new "Lisk Wallet" after downloading It.
Will I still only need my passphrase to get access to the new Lisk Wallet after the rebranding?
I just want to be prepared so dont get any issues when rebranding is done 29th of February.
Anyone know already and can get me some info?

I'm sure this info will be available when we close in on the date of rebranding...

At Lisk, you only need your passphrase(s) to access your account from everywhere. That's all you need.
No files needed. No backups needed. Only your passphrase(s). It doesn't matter if you use Lisk Nano
to log in to your account or the web login or later "Lisk Desktop".
So, make sure you never lose your passphrase(s) or your LSK are gone forever!
crsbee

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:13:20 PM

Lisk already has a big market cap, but IMO this could be HUGE once the SDK is available and dapps are being built on base of Lisk. It feels a little bit like getting the chance of buying ETH for 8 bucks. Looking forward to see what 2018 will bring us.
nyanhtet

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bawga

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

Hello Liskers, here is keynote presentation from Berlin Meetup (Nov 22) in case you want.

https://lisk.io/docs/lisk-berlin-meetup-22-nov-17.pdf

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
Devasive

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:17:11 PM

Hi everyone,
My delegate devasive is now a 60% reward sharing pool! My next payout will be two days from now.

Be sure to vote for devasive (currently forging at rank 99) before the next payout (once per week on Monday) to begin receiving part of the 60% reward distribution!

Thank you for your support!

My proposal: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=241&p=2424#p2424
Samuray

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:05:38 AM

I think Lisk has to have some indepenent delegates also in forging position for a healthy ecosystem!
So, vote samuray! an independent delegate who is paying you the right Lisk rewards!
P.S. You will start getting rewards without the need to vote other delegates! - Thats the beauty of independent delegates😉

Links:https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=136&hilit=samuray
and http://lisk.samuray-pool.pw

artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:08:07 PM

I like this project. A great team and the technology itself. Waiting for the rebranding. I think the logo is still bad now. You need to make more attractive.

Now all the top altcoins grow. But LIsk while standing still. I think this is now the end of the year, impact after rebranding to expect good traffic. In General, I hope soon to the moon. HODL

High risk high payoff
yeyicheng2015

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

LSK is a block chain project focused on developers, and I, as a senior software development engineer, will continue to pay attention to this project Cool
fastfalcon94

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:46:46 PM

I'm a software developer too for a healthcare company. I've been accumulating LSK for the past few months. Probably half my portfolio is LSK. I think it has a good chance of success with the use of Javascript and sidechains. The only thing I really hate about it is the current voting system. Here's my thoughts on it.

- You can't divide 101/4 evenly. So if you want to use all your votes you end up wasting 1 whole LISK coin on 2 votes.

- There are hundreds of people who want to be delegates. They all have special requirements too. They all pay out different percentages. They all have different thresholds. Some are grouped together meaning in order to get the rewards you need to vote for these other people. Or you have to register elsewhere. It's very time consuming to try and figure out who to vote for. Currently we have a few different sites that all list delegates to vote for. We also have a lot of delegate advertising clutter on reddit and on this forum.

- The thresholds are not good for people who do not already have thousands of LSK coins. Maybe you are like me with a few hundred LSK coins. I could vote for someone and maybe earn 0.1 LSK a month. However it will take 10 months for me to accumulate 1 LSK which is the minimum threshold for that Delegate. Now I'll get 0.9 LSK when it's sent to me. Or worse case that delegate gets bumped out of the top 100 6 months later and now I've got 0.6 LSK sitting there that I'll never receive. I could vote for all the members in a pool. This would be beneficial as when I accumulate enough for the threshold I'll only eat a single 0.1 LSK transfer fee. But the pool could change around. Now they have a new member and I won't get my LSK unless I vote in the new member. It will cost me 1 LSK to change my vote which proably eliminates any earnings I would have accumulated.

- I think eventually we are going to have a monopoly of delegates. We will get to the point where a new delegate comes along. He/She has a better offer. Say they share 90% and people towards the bottom 101 share 80%. This person will never make it into the top 100. Voters have the mindset that they do not want to spend another LSK coin to change their vote someone in that only has a 10% better offer. They know it could take months/years before enough people changed their vote to get this person in. If you voted now you'd miss out on rewards from the 80% delegate. So eventually the top 100 will be pretty static. This could lead to more coin dumping by them at ATH like we've already seen.

How could they make it better? Here are some ideas that I had.

- Get rid of the cost per vote. Make it a one time fee that last a year. You can change your votes at anytime for free, but it gets locked in at a certain time of the month. Pro-rate any LSK fees. So if you join in august you only pay 4/12ths of the fee for the remaining year.

- Remove LSK transfer fees for elected delegates. Meaning if you were an elected delegate last month you can send LSK the following month without any fees. This will encourage immediate reward payments and benefit LSK votes who do not own thousands of coins. There would be no more threshold limit on when you are paid.

- Include delegate demographics in the wallet. I know Nano is going away and will be replaced with something better. Right now it just shows the delegate name. So you need to do your own research, check several sites, then play a matching game. The wallet itself could display this. It could show name, sharing percentage, rating, quick about me section (maybe on hover) etc.. Then you have a single source.

Now to prevent a monopoly it gets more difficult. Some potential ideas. All have pros/cons.

- Clear the votes after each month. Meaning don't auto-renew them each month. Let people re-vote. This will encourage involvement and make it easier for new candidates to become involved. I'm kind of hesitant about this last one as it goes against my 2nd point above (meaning it's a lot of work to research 100 delegates, let alone monthly), but I think if they included delegate demographic info in the wallet it would be reasonable. If they added sorting, filtering, and a "previous vote" column showing your last votes it wouldn't be too bad. You could sort/filter it however you like. If you see that 90 of the first 100 you already voted for last month, you'll probably select them again. Now if there are 10 new faces that fall in you sort criteria but you never voted for them before you may decide on changing your vote.

- Maybe give delegates a rest? Give them term limits. Or make it On again, Off again. This would be hard to enforce as they could just create a new account. You could propose a 6 month waiting period though to even get your name into the voting list.

- Hide realtime ranking? Don't show the voting results until after voting has ended. Right now if you see someone is high up in the list you are likely to vote for them as your vote won't make a real difference anywhere else.

Curious if anyone else has any thoughts on it. I haven't voted for anyone yet as it still doesn't seem worthwhile to me. I stand a better chance selling and re-buying in when it dips.
venoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:58:22 PM

I'm a software developer too for a healthcare company. I've been accumulating LSK for the past few months. Probably half my portfolio is LSK. I think it has a good chance of success with the use of Javascript and sidechains. The only thing I really hate about it is the current voting system. Here's my thoughts on it.

- You can't divide 101/4 evenly. So if you want to use all your votes you end up wasting 1 whole LISK coin on 2 votes.

- There are hundreds of people who want to be delegates. They all have special requirements too. They all pay out different percentages. They all have different thresholds. Some are grouped together meaning in order to get the rewards you need to vote for these other people. Or you have to register elsewhere. It's very time consuming to try and figure out who to vote for. Currently we have a few different sites that all list delegates to vote for. We also have a lot of delegate advertising clutter on reddit and on this forum.

- The thresholds are not good for people who do not already have thousands of LSK coins. Maybe you are like me with a few hundred LSK coins. I could vote for someone and maybe earn 0.1 LSK a month. However it will take 10 months for me to accumulate 1 LSK which is the minimum threshold for that Delegate. Now I'll get 0.9 LSK when it's sent to me. Or worse case that delegate gets bumped out of the top 100 6 months later and now I've got 0.6 LSK sitting there that I'll never receive. I could vote for all the members in a pool. This would be beneficial as when I accumulate enough for the threshold I'll only eat a single 0.1 LSK transfer fee. But the pool could change around. Now they have a new member and I won't get my LSK unless I vote in the new member. It will cost me 1 LSK to change my vote which proably eliminates any earnings I would have accumulated.

- I think eventually we are going to have a monopoly of delegates. We will get to the point where a new delegate comes along. He/She has a better offer. Say they share 90% and people towards the bottom 101 share 80%. This person will never make it into the top 100. Voters have the mindset that they do not want to spend another LSK coin to change their vote someone in that only has a 10% better offer. They know it could take months/years before enough people changed their vote to get this person in. If you voted now you'd miss out on rewards from the 80% delegate. So eventually the top 100 will be pretty static. This could lead to more coin dumping by them at ATH like we've already seen.

How could they make it better? Here are some ideas that I had.

- Get rid of the cost per vote. Make it a one time fee that last a year. You can change your votes at anytime for free, but it gets locked in at a certain time of the month. Pro-rate any LSK fees. So if you join in august you only pay 4/12ths of the fee for the remaining year.

- Remove LSK transfer fees for elected delegates. Meaning if you were an elected delegate last month you can send LSK the following month without any fees. This will encourage immediate reward payments and benefit LSK votes who do not own thousands of coins. There would be no more threshold limit on when you are paid.

- Include delegate demographics in the wallet. I know Nano is going away and will be replaced with something better. Right now it just shows the delegate name. So you need to do your own research, check several sites, then play a matching game. The wallet itself could display this. It could show name, sharing percentage, rating, quick about me section (maybe on hover) etc.. Then you have a single source.

Now to prevent a monopoly it gets more difficult. Some potential ideas. All have pros/cons.

- Clear the votes after each month. Meaning don't auto-renew them each month. Let people re-vote. This will encourage involvement and make it easier for new candidates to become involved. I'm kind of hesitant about this last one as it goes against my 2nd point above (meaning it's a lot of work to research 100 delegates, let alone monthly), but I think if they included delegate demographic info in the wallet it would be reasonable. If they added sorting, filtering, and a "previous vote" column showing your last votes it wouldn't be too bad. You could sort/filter it however you like. If you see that 90 of the first 100 you already voted for last month, you'll probably select them again. Now if there are 10 new faces that fall in you sort criteria but you never voted for them before you may decide on changing your vote.

- Maybe give delegates a rest? Give them term limits. Or make it On again, Off again. This would be hard to enforce as they could just create a new account. You could propose a 6 month waiting period though to even get your name into the voting list.

- Hide realtime ranking? Don't show the voting results until after voting has ended. Right now if you see someone is high up in the list you are likely to vote for them as your vote won't make a real difference anywhere else.

Curious if anyone else has any thoughts on it. I haven't voted for anyone yet as it still doesn't seem worthwhile to me. I stand a better chance selling and re-buying in when it dips.

I totally agree with you that is why i like the voting system of ARK more. Only 1 vote and you know the reward. The voting system of LSK and Shift are not clear to me, too difficult.
LiskPro.com

Activity: 245
Merit: 124

We love blockchain !

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:11:36 PM

Let's go to the moon.
CoinOverlord

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:13:00 AM

LISK is a shitty ass coin, I have over 100 LISK and I hate this shit.

I hate that you have to type in the entire passphrase to use the wallet. I hate how there are no updates. I hate how terrible the team is and how slow progress is going. I hate how dumb the supporters are because all they say is "LISK IS GONNA BE THE BEST" which they have been saying for several years but can't see its flaws because they are so deluded having supported vaporware for several years.

I hate how the voting delegate system is absolute garbage. I hate how unfairly the coins are distributed and how the super rich get richer. Everyone outside the top 10 wallet holders is basically a pawn as they hold a majority of the coins.

I hate LISK soooooo much. It's such a terrible ass coin but I still have some because I know idiots will buy them.
Bailo

Activity: 700
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:58:56 AM

LISK is a shitty ass coin, I have over 100 LISK and I hate this shit.

I hate that you have to type in the entire passphrase to use the wallet. I hate how there are no updates. I hate how terrible the team is and how slow progress is going. I hate how dumb the supporters are because all they say is "LISK IS GONNA BE THE BEST" which they have been saying for several years but can't see its flaws because they are so deluded having supported vaporware for several years.

I hate how the voting delegate system is absolute garbage. I hate how unfairly the coins are distributed and how the super rich get richer. Everyone outside the top 10 wallet holders is basically a pawn as they hold a majority of the coins.

I hate LISK soooooo much. It's such a terrible ass coin but I still have some because I know idiots will buy them.

You seem to be the biggest hater on this lovely planet.....
MrKillSwitch

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:49:02 AM

LSK has head&shoulders pattern on 1Day chart right?
boulie

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:54:52 AM

Hej hello everyone,

I’ve got a question about the voting and sharing system. A few (4) months ago I voted for 100 delegates, some of them claim to share some rewards and others I voted for don’t. The strange thing is that I haven’t received tokens yet from one of the delegates… Do I do something wrong or do I have to wait longer? Btw I believe in the Lisk project  and its team! Can’t wait until the SDK is ready for use!

Thanks!
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:25:12 AM

Hej hello everyone,

I’ve got a question about the voting and sharing system. A few (4) months ago I voted for 100 delegates, some of them claim to share some rewards and others I voted for don’t. The strange thing is that I haven’t received tokens yet from one of the delegates… Do I do something wrong or do I have to wait longer? Btw I believe in the Lisk project  and its team! Can’t wait until the SDK is ready for use!

Thanks!

There are a lot of conditions.... 1) Delegate must be in first 101 position to forge listk and pay voters, most delegate put a minimum payout, so until you don't reach the minimum they don't pay you, and last but not least, it also depends on how much lisk you have if you have 100 lisk it's hard to receive something in small time frame, if you have 1M lisk you will receive more often.

I have 10k lisk and with some delegates i receive a payout every 1 or 2 months.... just to give you an idea.

boulie

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

Hej hello everyone,

Thanks!

There are a lot of conditions.... 1) Delegate must be in first 101 position to forge listk and pay voters, most delegate put a minimum payout, so until you don't reach the minimum they don't pay you, and last but not least, it also depends on how much lisk you have if you have 100 lisk it's hard to receive something in small time frame, if you have 1M lisk you will receive more often.

I have 10k lisk and with some delegates i receive a payout every 1 or 2 months.... just to give you an idea.

Thanks cesmak for your fast response. The most delegates I voted for are in the first 101. I have around 1k lisk... is it possible that 1k isn’t enough and is there a possibility to find out what I can expect? I think it’s quite difficult to check if the delegates do what they say they do...
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:14:39 AM

Hej hello everyone,

Thanks!

Thanks cesmak for your fast response. The most delegates I voted for are in the first 101. I have around 1k lisk... is it possible that 1k isn’t enough and is there a possibility to find out what I can expect? I think it’s quite difficult to check if the delegates do what they say they do...

You can go here https://lisk.support/lisk-pending/ put your LISK address and that site will give you a summary of the situation, (for the delegates the site knows and are registered) better than nothing...

boulie

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:28:31 AM

Hej hello everyone,

Thanks!

You can go here https://lisk.support/lisk-pending/ put your LISK address and that site will give you a summary of the situation, (for the delegates the site knows and are registered) better than nothing...

Thanks again!
bmike

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:29:10 PM

Why do you need so many confirmations, the transaction speed as a result is very slow

ETH killer? i don't think so
Pages: « 1 ... 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 ... 2268 »
  Print  

Jump to: