Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:20:52 AM

when can we expect LISK to recover?

When the market recovers.

Also the expected open beta launch for Lisk (in 3 or 4 weeks) will help.

Look around bitcointalk...I don't have the thread off hand but the mt. gox trustee is dumping ...on each dump we hit a low...the trustee is clueless...I've read

that he has had offers to buy off exchanges from legit folk and that he would make more on an auction..but he seems to be panic dumping thus is mainly the

cause from the drop from 18k folk are saying. Thus since Nov 2017 or so...about $500 milion BTC have been dumped to USD and $1.9 Billion dollars to go!

sh*t we could be looking at 1,000 BTC again..if he panic dumps wrong.

So anyway, until this clears up ....we are looking at sideways at best or Jan 2017 $1,000 prices at worse ...till they clear this up...my fear is they have a

'deadline' to move BTC to cash..if that is the case...the whole works could go tulips....

what a cluster

thus LISK will have to stand on its own merits...and such.....because the link of price between alts like LISK is strong....we could be sucked into a downward

spiral of price...we have no control over...oh ....and with our luck the other shoe will drop with tether coin also....FML...

I think the Gox trustee has sold enough to pay off the debts, so may not sell anymore. Also now that he is been called out, if he does sell more, perhaps he will do it a more constructive method like you mentioned.

We can hope...unless he is giving advanced notice to relatives ..before he dumps as a mt. gox trustee...

Also, from what I heard of Japanese Bankruptcy...IF he pays off all the debts.....a portion will got to mark karpales....thus he probably will still be in the money as well

all we need now is the other shoe to drop on tether coin ...and it will be a party then! FML

Further...it is BANKRUPTCY ...I think ALL of the remaining $1.9 Billion has to be sold to USD, as a result...thus we are screwed....(why they call it bankruptcy..there is a

method to it...liguidate it all) again FML

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
egtrader

Activity: 247
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:11:00 AM

we lost more than 30% in one week i didnt know why!! the market act like crazy man
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:31:42 AM

we lost more than 30% in one week i didnt know why!! the market act like crazy man

Most Alt coins lost about that much and BTC ~17%. It is a correction. That is crypto with lots of FUD:

1) Mt. Gox BTC selling
2) SEC statements
3) Binance Via hack
4) Tax payment season in the US
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:49:15 AM

Most Alt coins lost about that much and BTC ~17%. It is a correction. That is crypto with lots of FUD:

1) Mt. Gox BTC selling
2) SEC statements
3) Binance Via hack
4) Tax payment season in the US

Rather have it all at once and then we head to the moon again Wink
I'm not even sure if the MtGox sales are really a big influence to the price but for sure it causes unrest on the market.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2217

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:16:28 AM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements
is FUD and has no influence?

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
MrSunshine

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

Yes, because they may define a dividend paying token like a Lisk, a security, thus it may need to be pulled from many exchanges. Most likely they will give exchanges a grandfather period to adapt and upgrade to allow securities.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:48:58 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

Yes, because they may define a dividend paying token like a Lisk, a security, thus it may need to be pulled from many exchanges. Most likely they will give exchanges a grandfather period to adapt and upgrade to allow securities.

IF they do that then we are all screwed on many coins in that AIRDROPPED FORKS like Bitcoin Cash BCH or Litecoin Cash LCC or any other forked coin would be a real mess...

at last count there are more than 20 BTC forks that payout...this would be ugly and a quick way to destroy crypto in the USA....as an example of above, I'd owe more than

$40,000 counting LISK in this from when the various forked coins worth hit the world (as an example BCH hit the world at $280 each) and of course the LISK staking and other

staking coins.

Everyone would have to sell main parts of main coin hoard of many crypto flavors....driving the price into the dirt for all coins, to catch up on if this stuff was suddenly taxable.

IRS guidelines in the USA as an example dumped on the world 10 days before April 15th, 2014, deadline and went back to 2009....pay asap, please Sad

anyway, if LISK staking is a problem to the SEC then forks of $$$ falling out of the sky on to my many blockchains is also a problem ...indeed much bigger...

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong...but that would toss quite the wrench into our plans for crypto..this worse case idea.(Hopefully my fantasy)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:32 PM

the world is a bigger than the USA.
MrSunshine

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:42:32 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

IF they do that then we are all screwed on many coins in that AIRDROPPED FORKS like Bitcoin Cash BCH or Litecoin Cash LCC or any other forked coin would be a real mess...

at last count there are more than 20 BTC forks that payout...this would be ugly and a quick way to destroy crypto in the USA....as an example of above, I'd owe more than

$40,000 counting LISK in this from when the various forked coins worth hit the world (as an example BCH hit the world at $280 each) and of course the LISK staking and other

staking coins.

Everyone would have to sell main parts of main coin hoard of many crypto flavors....driving the price into the dirt for all coins, to catch up on if this stuff was suddenly taxable.

IRS guidelines in the USA as an example dumped on the world 10 days before April 15th, 2014, deadline and went back to 2009....pay asap, please Sad

anyway, if LISK staking is a problem to the SEC then forks of $$$ falling out of the sky on to my many blockchains is also a problem ...indeed much bigger...

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong...but that would toss quite the wrench into our plans for crypto..this worse case idea.(Hopefully my fantasy)

Yea, worse case, but one more thing to worry about. Hopefully the US gov will be happy with the tax revenue from crypto and be cooperative with regulation (which is what I expect).
MrSunshine

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:44:27 PM

the world is a bigger than the USA.

Of course it is, but one countries FUD can have a big impact on valuations. Remember the China FUD.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:10:58 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

staking coins.

Yea, worse case, but one more thing to worry about. Hopefully the US gov will be happy with the tax revenue from crypto and be cooperative with regulation (which is what I expect).

From what I can tell.....murky as my view is....1/2 the tax folk in USA think LISK type STAKING is INCOME.the other threads I've read etc say NO...I did count lisk as income, as such in 2017 for taxes...my CPA said it was NOT..so I took it out

so toss a coin, remember nothing is clear tax wise in USA...the 2013 Tax Guidelines are pretty much it....and they are, as my CPA say, guidelines..not hard and fast solid rules yet.

As to the forked coins to my chain, that I had nothing to do with about $$$ on paper falling from the sky on to my blockchain address...er...my CPA says that LIKELY the IRS

will treat that as just ..I think she said like a 'stock split' and or growth ..so IF I don't spend any of it I"m golden

Everyone in USA is confused on how to follow tax law on crypto...it is very murky..this is why I spent $2k to the CPA last year, $775 for the taxes done..the other was guestions

on what to do with crypto and stuff like above....Main reason I paid the CPA this amount of $$$, was I damn well want to explain to SOMEONE, like a CPA what I'm doing and have

them think it is reasonable and also sign off on my income tax forms....(it is so lonely otherwise) ....so at least I can show my INTENT is good..even if they say someday I owe something...

or some such...it is quite the cluster

MrSunshine

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:21:38 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

staking coins.

From what I can tell.....murky as my view is....1/2 the tax folk in USA think LISK type STAKING is INCOME.the other threads I've read etc say NO...I did count lisk as income, as such in 2017 for taxes...my CPA said it was NOT..so I took it out

so toss a coin, remember nothing is clear tax wise in USA...the 2013 Tax Guidelines are pretty much it....and they are, as my CPA say, guidelines..not hard and fast solid rules yet.

As to the forked coins to my chain, that I had nothing to do with about $$$ on paper falling from the sky on to my blockchain address...er...my CPA says that LIKELY the IRS

will treat that as just ..I think she said like a 'stock split' and or growth ..so IF I don't spend any of it I"m golden

Everyone in USA is confused on how to follow tax law on crypto...it is very murky..this is why I spent $2k to the CPA last year, $775 for the taxes done..the other was guestions

on what to do with crypto and stuff like above....Main reason I paid the CPA this amount of $$$, was I damn well want to explain to SOMEONE, like a CPA what I'm doing and have

them think it is reasonable and also sign off on my income tax forms....(it is so lonely otherwise) ....so at least I can show my INTENT is good..even if they say someday I owe something...

Sorry, I strong disagree with your CPA. I did a lot of research and are sure DPOS is income. I entered it as other income. The IRS is going to want to know your cost basis and origin when you sell, what are you going to put down?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:24:17 PM

Would you really say
2) SEC statements

staking coins.

Sorry, I strong disagree with your CPA. I did a lot of research and are sure DPOS is income. I entered it as other income. The IRS is going to want to know your cost basis and origin when you sell, what are you going to put down?

when it hit the world...on my blockchain...but if you are correct ...I should be counting it as MINING...and if I count this a mining then ALL stuff that hits my blockchain is mining...

indluding forked coins (on btc can't even keep track of supposed paper profits when it hit the chain)

if I have to fix it after the fact I will ..with IRS ..but no clarity on this in any form...is it mining..is it just like a stock split (growth) what is it exactly

anyway, does not amount to much, if I do have to fix it some day on a clarification...on any IRS clarification they seem to go back to 2009 anyway ...

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:51:40 AM

Gonna pledge my vote on liskascend, 3,583,605 Lisk Pledged, 21,521,636 Lisk Still Required. Also like the Lisk.support Estimation Challenge and a chance to win ~ 100 USD in LSK.

Bazzzil86

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:56:55 AM

At CryptoCalendar a lot of events upcoming.  https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Lisk+%28LSK%29&SortBy=0

price should grow 10x!
MrSunshine

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:58:37 AM

Gonna pledge my vote on liskascend, 3,583,605 Lisk Pledged, 21,521,636 Lisk Still Required. Also like the Lisk.support Estimation Challenge and a chance to win ~ 100 USD in LSK.

Agreed, they seem like a transparent fair delegate, I pledged as well.
forensick

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:09:52 AM

How much does it cost to vote for lisk delegates?
Is there minum amount of lisk that I need to own?
david.Bauman

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:53:01 PM

https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Lisk+%28LSK%29&SortBy=0
lot of lisk events in march. It is a good news!!
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:47:56 AM

How much does it cost to vote for lisk delegates?
1 Lisk dude but you can vote for 33 delegates of your choice in the same time.
Is there minum amount of lisk that I need to own?
Nope but some delegates required voters to owned a specific amount of Lisk to get rewards on their forge delegates.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:51:06 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 08:27:52 AM by bitcoinbox

Lisk team is working hard.
Check out Github commit history of 577 cryptocurrencies based on most popular repo

https://cryptomiso.com/

The only thing that disapoint me is their communication on Twitter.
Pages: « 1 ... 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: