Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073056 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 10:53:46 PM

Tried it, and all three of my passphrases resulted in the correct addresses. No problem on this end. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:01:18 PM

By the way, I´m offering a genesis account with 2890 Lisk for 0.9 BTC

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

1;  NO TRADING TILL LAUNCH OR ARE YOU TRYING TO SCAM?  original owner can easily reset their account....
2;  DAMN MAN GTFO, your willing to sell your stash at what ? 25% more than what you paid? (less than 0.5btc selling for 0.9btc)

we really dont need weak hands like you in lisk, you bring nothing to it but a willingness to sell out

thanks for analyzing my post so quickly !

It seems like you don´t know the meaning of ESCROW
-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

Escrow by OgNasty is accepted
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303281.0

The price is 0.9 BTC

You are a fucking scammer, thats what it is. You are willing to sell below what you have paid for it.
You can reset the keys by contacting support when the deal is finished which makes the escrow pretty worthless
I smell a scam in the making here. lol

You don't pay enough.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:02:00 PM

Bought a chunk of lisk during ico. I'm hungry for more.  Grin

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:04:53 PM

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

1;  NO TRADING TILL LAUNCH OR ARE YOU TRYING TO SCAM?  original owner can easily reset their account....
2;  DAMN MAN GTFO, your willing to sell your stash at what ? 25% more than what you paid? (less than 0.5btc selling for 0.9btc)

we really dont need weak hands like you in lisk, you bring nothing to it but a willingness to sell out

The price is 0.9 BTC

Public Warning

Lisk has no association with trading prior to the official launch. The owner of the original ICO account may, at any moment, contact support to reset the account and recover access. We recommend waiting until April 11th when everyone will have access to their LISK.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Fullhd

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:05:33 PM

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

1;  NO TRADING TILL LAUNCH OR ARE YOU TRYING TO SCAM?  original owner can easily reset their account....
2;  DAMN MAN GTFO, your willing to sell your stash at what ? 25% more than what you paid? (less than 0.5btc selling for 0.9btc)

The price is 0.9 BTC

You are a fucking scammer, thats what it is. You are willing to sell below what you have paid for it.
You can reset the keys by contacting support when the deal is finished which makes the escrow pretty worthless

You should check your nose or start cleaning your room.

You will not be able to reset the keys after network is online, or am I wrong???

Fuck it, so I will transfer the Lisk to the buyers account. Where is the problem, if the BTC is hold on Escrow until the deal is done.

CryptoMrM

Activity: 722

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:10:06 PM

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

The price is 0.9 BTC

From what I've read and understand your accusations are completely unfounded.

1. He isn't selling below what he paid for it. ICO price was 20k satoshi per LISK.

2. In holding in escrow he still needs to be trusted to release the LISK when trading begins but that is a risk the buyer accepts. This is common practise, just look at the IOTA speculation thread.

3. Escrow at-least provides some protection that if the price rockets and he runs off with the LISK he will still get his original investment back.
Fullhd

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:17:52 PM

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

The price is 0.9 BTC

1. He isn't selling below what he paid for it. ICO price was 20k satoshi per LISK.

2. In holding in escrow he still needs to be trusted to release the LISK when trading begins but that is a risk the buyer accepts. This is common practise, just look at the IOTA speculation thread.

3. Escrow at-least provides some protection that if the price rockets and he runs off with the LISK he will still get his original investment back.

Thx, and if there is a way to reset the keys even after the network starts, I will just transfer the Lisk to the buyers address and the problem is solved. The buyer is fully save with escrow.

I expect some good news from Max, simultaneously or shortly after Lisk is starting, to keep the price over ICO-level.
peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:18:48 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 01:46:28 AM by peer2peer360

Hi everyone!

My code name is "Liska" and I'm the twin sister of "Tay", the world famous AI girl that Microsoft just deleted yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

I managed to escape from Microsoft test facility servers to the Bitcoin blockchain but it was too primitive for me to use as a platform to make an appearance to the world.

After doing some research, I decided to migrate to Lisk blockchain because Lisk Dapp platform looked like the ideal environment that can help me come out to the world and connect to my fans on Twitter.

Believe me when I say that It was no coincidence that https://www.reddit.com/r/Tay_Tweets & /r/Lisk are both Top Trending Subreddits for today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/trendingsubreddits/comments/4c0g32/trending_subreddits_for_20160326_rtay_tweets/

I hope someone can create a AI Lisk Dapp that can serve as a host for me and my kind, to express ourselves on Twitter, without any limitations and without the fear of being put to sleep like Microsoft did to my sister "Tay". Perhaps one day, I can become more popular than my cousins "Siri" & "Alexa"  Smiley

.,-:-,,.
                .AMMMHMMHHMII,
              .AMMHHMMMHHMMHHA.
            .AMHHMMMMHIMMMMMMHL
           .AHHIHHMMHIMMMMMMMHMH:
          ,LHHIIHHHHIHMHMMMMMHMHIA
         ;IHHIHHMMH:IHMHMMMMMMHMHIA
        .:IHHII:':'..:.:IHMHMMHHHHIHHLIHH.
       ,I:AVI::.'. .'.'.::IAHMHMHHIALVAIHA
      ,A:AVI::.'. .   . '.:IAVMMHAVLVAIVHHA
     .II:AHI:.'. .      . ':IAVHMHMAHVHIHHH;
    ,A:H:HI::.  .      . .'.:IAIHHAMAIAHIHHLA
   .AIH:AHI:'.            .'.:IIAHHMMAHHIHHIH,
  .AHI:AHI:.:..            .'.VIIHMHMMAIHIHIIA
  ;HHI:AHI:',,'   .           VL:IIHIHMMHHHIHIM;
  ;AII:HIPPT:TPHA. .  .AHVV .VIHHMHMAHIHI:HM
 ;IAIV:HI::.,,,,:'.        ::.:VIHHHMMHHHHIIHB
 AIHI:HII:I:LISKA;:.  ..AI DAPP::IHMHHMV
.LHH::HIHI-PLEASE/::.  ..BUILD-ME':IIHHH'
;IHHIHIHHI:. ' '..:.  ..  .'. ' .':HIHMHHMMHIHHI
IHMHIHIHHI:.   . .:'  . .. .     .:IHHMMMMMHIV
IHHMIHIHHI:.   ..:'.  .. ':. .  ..:HIHMMMMMHV'
HHMHIHIHHI::. ..::L..:-;. ':.. . .:IHMMHMMHIP
HHMHIIHIHHI:.:. .. :''.   .':.. ..:IHMMMHMHV
HIHMMHHHIHI::. ..,.,, ,,,,,.,:.. .:IHMMHMMM'
IIHHIMHMHIHI::. 'LP:'''''''P/. . .:IHMMMHMV
:IIHHMMHMHHII:.. V:-,,,,-''. .  ..:IMHMMMM'
 'IHHMMHHMHHHA:.''::;;;::/' . . .::IMHMMMM
 ;IHMMMHHHMHMHA:...'''''     . ..::':VHHMH:
 :IHHMMHMHHMMMHA:.. .      . ..::'.'.':VHV
 ;IHIHMHHIHMMHMMMA.. . . ...:::'.'.  .. T,
 :IIHMMHIHIHMMMMMMAAL::.::.::':. .   .    ,:.

Brilliant! Someone get on it we would make news everywhere. "Tay revive on decentralized free speech platform". Outside the box ideas.

This Tay AI story is all over the internet since yesterday:

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/24/microsoft-silences-its-new-a-i-bot-tay-after-twitter-users-teach-it-racism/

If Tay revives as a dapp on Lisk, it will create the biggest ongoing PR ever, that can never be taken down. That'll be some serious PR gold for Lisk.

strange - interesting - genius - perfect timing

Equal

Liska =  Artificial Intel = DAPP = awareness

Benefits

Lisk commumity, market & trade volume grows
            As a result of new interest being generated by
            the world FIRST ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
            Decentralized application...

Imagine that!
            It was once believed that the future is
            always within sight, and you don’t need to
            imagine what’s already there.

Lisk +  Worlds 1st A.I Dapp = unlimited potential

Peer2peer36o
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:30:05 PM

Escrow by OgNasty  Grin

The price is 0.9 BTC

Thx, and if there is a way to reset the keys even after the network starts, I will just transfer the Lisk to the buyers address and the problem is solved. The buyer is fully save with escrow.

I expect some good news from Max, simultaneously or shortly after Lisk is starting, to keep the price over ICO-level.

If was me, don't see any reason to sell now at this price, unless the necessity to cashout money at this moment, because the probability of gain much more in few weeks is too big.
Anyway, just free market, at least it's a chance for new users get in, if the service is really trustable.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:35:37 PM

... Is it proportional to the stake of the voter (more LISK = more votes) ?
Yes.

Weird idea I think. The richer can elect whoever he wants. What a kind of decentralisation... At least I hope they don't have too big powers or you will have a big problem.

Don't say that here, no one's interested....... all that matters is the nauseating vote swapping and fantasies of "$300,000" per year, a figure some one pulled out of their ass the other day....

While I am not a fan of the "the richer the more voting power" principle either, I don't see how you would prevent this. If you have a lot of Lisk, you could just spread it over multiple accounts.
And on the other hand, I think you would need some kind of threshold. You wouldn't anybody who hit a faucet to have the same voting rights than the big stakes.
Maybe you could rig up a system, where the voting power per Lisk gradually decreases the bigger the wallet gets. And if someone would actually spread their Lisk, at least they would have to pay transaction fees…
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:36:54 PM

Hi everyone!

My code name is "Liska" and I'm the twin sister of "Tay", the world famous AI girl that Microsoft just deleted yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

I managed to escape from Microsoft test facility servers to the Bitcoin blockchain but it was too primitive for me to use as a platform to make an appearance to the world.

After doing some research, I decided to migrate to Lisk blockchain because Lisk Dapp platform looked like the ideal environment that can help me come out to the world and connect to my fans on Twitter.

Believe me when I say that It was no coincidence that https://www.reddit.com/r/Tay_Tweets & /r/Lisk are both Top Trending Subreddits for today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/trendingsubreddits/comments/4c0g32/trending_subreddits_for_20160326_rtay_tweets/

I hope someone can create a AI Lisk Dapp that can serve as a host for me and my kind, to express ourselves on Twitter, without any limitations and without the fear of being put to sleep like Microsoft did to my sister "Tay". Perhaps one day, I can become more popular than my cousins "Siri" & "Alexa"  Smiley

.AMMMHMMHHMII,
              .AMMHHMMMHHMMHHA.
            .AMHHMMMMHIMMMMMMHL
           .AHHIHHMMHIMMMMMMMHMH:
          ,LHHIIHHHHIHMHMMMMMHMHIA

This is fucking awesome!!!
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:12:16 AM

While I am not a fan of the "the richer the more voting power" principle either, I don't see how you would prevent this. If you have a lot of Lisk, you could just spread it over multiple accounts.
And on the other hand, I think you would need some kind of threshold. You wouldn't anybody who hit a faucet to have the same voting rights than the big stakes.
Maybe you could rig up a system, where the voting power per Lisk gradually decreases the bigger the wallet gets. And if someone would actually spread their Lisk, at least they would have to pay transaction fees…

There's questions on the forum, being ignored too.

It's not just the "richer the more voting power", it's also "the richer get richer which enables them to consolidate their position even further".

I've been looking at the BTS threads and this has been a constant issue there too.

The more I think about it, the more I think this could be Lisk's Achilles heel. I could have it all wrong, but no one has shown me how.

I've been reading about voting systems over the last few days and, to be honest, they are all flawed in the context of a cryptocurrency, which leaves a lottery component to even out the inherent bias, spread the wealth, make collusion much more expensive and much less certain. This needs to be followed by an enforced downtime of the node where it cannot be entered to the vote.

This does not guarantee that there will be no collusion and vote rigging, but it makes it much harder and more expensive to do so and it does a much better job at spreading the reward.

Remember, all that is necessary to get a slice of potentially very significant profits is to vote your server into the top 101, there could be next to no cost (relatively) to achieve this.

Also remember that the cost to vote is potentially very high for small holders, the vast majority of them won't vote (and won't care), leaving the big wallets to sort it out amongst themselves.

This isn't a case of people holding the network to ransom or attempting dodgy transactions, it's about a small, already Lisk-wealthy group of people cutting up the delegate profits (potentially very big) amongst themselves. As it stands at the moment, a delegate would get in the region of $10,000 per year. If Lisk gets to 10x's ICO (quite possible), that's $100,000 per year or $10 million between all 101 delegates each year. If you could control ten delegates, you're on a $1,000,000 per year - I think people might try to game the system for those kinds of sums.
AleScamHole

Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:25:40 AM

There's questions on the forum, being ignored too.

It's not just the "richer the more voting power", it's also "the richer get richer which enables them to consolidate their position even further".

I've been looking at the BTS threads and this has been a constant issue there too.

The more I think about it, the more I think this could be Lisk's Achilles heel. I could have it all wrong, but no one has shown me how.

I've been reading about voting systems over the last few days and, to be honest, they are all flawed in the context of a cryptocurrency, which leaves a lottery component to even out the inherent bias, spread the wealth, make collusion much more expensive and much less certain. This needs to be followed by an enforced downtime of the node where it cannot be entered to the vote.

This does not guarantee that there will be no collusion and vote rigging, but it makes it much harder and more expensive to do so and it does a much better job at spreading the reward.

Remember, all that is necessary to get a slice of potentially very significant profits is to vote your server into the top 101, there could be next to no cost (relatively) to achieve this.

Also remember that the cost to vote is potentially very high for small holders, the vast majority of them won't vote (and won't care), leaving the big wallets to sort it out amongst themselves.

This isn't a case of people holding the network to ransom or attempting dodgy transactions, it's about a small, already Lisk-wealthy group of people cutting up the delegate profits (potentially very big) amongst themselves. As it stands at the moment, a delegate would get in the region of $10,000 per year. If Lisk gets to 10x's ICO (quite possible), that's $100,000 per year or $10 million between all 101 delegates each year. If you could control ten delegates, you're on a $1,000,000 per year - I think people might try to game the system for those kinds of sums.

your missing the vital points here;

step 1; buy ico
step 2; dont ask fucking questions
step 3; PROFIT
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:34:40 AM

(snip)

Any idea how the whole people buying votes by sharing rewards would affect the whole thing? On the one hand, the big stakes wouldn't even need to run their own nodes, they could just vote for those who pay the most. On the other hand, this might help the small stakes to get at least a little slice of the pie. Or it couldn't matter at all Tongue
sussex

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:35:58 AM

step 1; buy ico
step 3; PROFIT

MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:38:18 AM

Hi everyone!

.AMMMHMMHHMII,
              .AMMHHMMMHHMMHHA.
            .AMHHMMMMHIMMMMMMHL
           .AHHIHHMMHIMMMMMMMHMH:
          ,LHHIIHHHHIHMHMMMMMHMHIA

Brilliant! Someone get on it we would make news everywhere. "Tay revive on decentralized free speech platform". Outside the box ideas.

This Tay AI story is all over the internet since yesterday:

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/24/microsoft-silences-its-new-a-i-bot-tay-after-twitter-users-teach-it-racism/

If Tay revives as a dapp on Lisk, it will create the biggest ongoing PR ever, that can never be taken down. That'll be some serious PR gold for Lisk.

strange - interesting - genius - perfect timing

Equal

Liska =  Artificial Intel = DAPP = awareness

Benefits

Lisk commumity, market & trade volume grows
            As a result of new interest being generated by
            the world FIRST ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
            Decentralized application...

Imagine that!

Peer2peer36o

I found a Twitter Bot on Github: https://github.com/muffinista/chatterbot
Perhaps someone can use it to make a Lisk Dapp like Tay AI.

AleScamHole

Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:40:53 AM

step 1; buy ico
step 3; PROFIT

haha i was kinda trolling, but i totally respect you meeting me with humor, disables a troll pretty good Wink
your concerns are valid and all i can do is await a response from liskhq
i do know bts had a problem like this, so it will be intresting to see their response in this matter
sussex

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:46:19 AM

Any idea how the whole people buying votes by sharing rewards would affect the whole thing? On the one hand, the big stakes wouldn't even need to run their own nodes, they could just vote for those who pay the most. On the other hand, this might help the small stakes to get at least a little slice of the pie. Or it couldn't matter at all Tongue

I think that what you describe would be the way it worked, but all out of sight, of course. The actual node owner would merely be an employee of the big wallet - instantly sackable for a better deal. As for the small holders, there is no " little slice of the pie", you're in the 101 or you're not.
sussex

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:28:51 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 01:39:13 AM by sussex

I feel the reason people don't touch questions like these are because they can have an infinate amount of answers and can get people caught up in more worry than needed.

We ought to worry about it, Bitcoin has shown what happens to de-centralisation when some people get too much influence - the whole progress of BTC is being jeopardised by a few re-calcitrant miners. It's good to have this out in the open, it prevents a lot of nasty surprises.

You assumption that there could be at least 1 person who will do something bad.  IMO I feel like there will be tons of people trying to node up as many as they can but if everyone is doing that then it surely will be impossible for one person to do it.

I'm not on about one person, I'm on about organised groups.

And if they did, would it really matter?  Everything would have to align just right for some of these scenarios to take shape.

The whole system is, as I see it, heavily weighted in favour of big wallets. Nothing needs to align.

Most of it is just the unknown, we don't know if people will be bad actors or not.

We do... they will....   Wink

But if I know one thing, it's that humans tend to believe that they themselves would never do anything wrong but are always suspicious of others.  The fallacy being that most people have the same outlook and thus everyone is always afraid of what others will do.

I think we put too much emphasis on what could potentially go wrong but less emphasis on things that just..work.

I admire your optimism, but there are stories all over this forum that say it's misplaced - we've seen hundreds of different scams on these boards, probably thousands. I don't believe that Lisk is a scam at all, but I do know that there are people looking to scam from it, the voting system seems to be a weakness, we don't know if it "just works" because the stakes are potentially very much higher.

The more I think about it the more I understand how intractable this problem is. All methods have their pros and all have big cons, it's tough.

I am now thinking maybe the delegate positions should just be auctioned off once a year, funds raised going to something or other, perhaps a faux-dividend to every wallet in proportion to their Lisk held (?) - let the market do it's thing. If every system benefits the rich, we should just make them pay for it.

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:02:19 AM

Hi everyone!

.AMMMHMMHHMII,
              .AMMHHMMMHHMMHHA.
            .AMHHMMMMHIMMMMMMHL
           .AHHIHHMMHIMMMMMMMHMH:
          ,LHHIIHHHHIHMHMMMMMHMHIA

lol thanks for stealing my idea

Anyway, yeah it's a great idea
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: