Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073045 times)
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:27:18 AM

The webwallet sucks, the blockchain sucks and can't handle the number of transactions, the official nodes are not efficient at all, this is a total mess and it's reflected in the price.
Lisk is awesome.
Just wait until the price skyrockets. It will also sucks, for those who dumped   Wink

Give me a good reason why the price should increase drastically at the current stage. Because of a press conference? Good one.
Don't get me wrong, i have some LISK too but this is like walking on quicksand.

dapp announcements would be a good reason.
docker

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:27:42 AM

Hi guys, here I leave you some links in which I explain my projects, I hope you like and receive your vote:

Freemind for active delegate

Project liskfunds.com to finance Dapps. Working now whit oksana28 in Lisk Desktop Application for Windows and Mac.

My delegate name is freemind.

Thanks for your time!

GO LISK!

Why doesn't exist a thread for all the delegates looking for votes?
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:29:15 AM

There is a whole sub-forum for it. But you have to get people there somehow.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

The webwallet sucks, the blockchain sucks and can't handle the number of transactions, the official nodes are not efficient at all, this is a total mess and it's reflected in the price.
Lisk is awesome.
Just wait until the price skyrockets. It will also sucks, for those who dumped   Wink

Give me a good reason why the price should increase drastically at the current stage. Because of a press conference? Good one.

I also don't believe that the Berlin-conference will have impact on the price. But I know of a lot of reasons why I believe that Lisk is a good buy at the current price-stage and why I expect it to rise over the next days and weeks:

1. Volume: I've never seen such a huge volume without Margin Trading. Since Launch one week ago, the volume (of just Poloniex) exceeds the total supply. What that means is that there is a lot of distribution and a many or even all of those who bought into the ICO do sell right after with some profit are already out. Constant high volume establishes new prices and stable price floors. Just that is normally enough for a rising price.

2. I see absolutely no reason why Poloniex shouldn't enable Margin Trading. If they do it and Lisk is in a good position regarding it's price, people won't bet against it. More likely it will go up. Everybody can take a look at the last pump in Factom in early march. There was no reason except enabled Margin Trading. And the Factom-pump was from a already high price.

3. Team-Strategy: The Lisk-team is very smart when it comes to marketing actions. They do it all very strategic and that is something I often missed in other projects. Very often it's just about a good timing, but many teams don't care much about it. I'm pretty sure that the Lisk-team has some good news in the pocket.

4. Development: Very often teams have to work on the basic stuff and very often ppl don't have enough knowledge to understand what it is about, why it is important etc. That's the same in Lisk but what I really like: They are very good in explaining why it's important, why it gives more value to Lisk etc. I say that because: All the weaknesses that are normal in a new project can be turned into good news, into the (correct) impression of fast progress. That is also something I expect... that there will be a lot of progress-news regarding development.

5. Funding: The team is well funded and we can expect that they will use those funds for hiring more Dev's and also for marketing.

6. Expectation of the market: People compare it to Ethereum. I'm not sure if that is very smart because it is different, but regarding the market-situation it may be more true than false. And many missed to buy Ethereum at low prices after launch and they don't want to make this mistake again. That's why I believe we will see a similar price-dynamic but faster.

If we talk about the price it's about attention. And while I don't say that Lisk is already the best project out there, it's at least one of the best managed projects. They know how to get attention and how to keep attention on a high level. And that's really needed, not just because of the price which is more a side-effect. It's needed to get the right people in, Developer for App's etc. The Lisk-team has understood that.

Plus: What's also great is the financial incentive to get involved in Lisk. At the moment we can see that regarding the delegates. But in future I hope to see that also when it comes to Dapp-Development etc.

Conclusion: Lisk is in a very early stage but it has a lot of potential and that means that there is also a lot of room and potential for the price. To be honest: My strategy was to buy into the ICO to sell very soon after launch. Initially I just figured that they are good in marketing. But I really like how they've managed the problems regarding development and how they communicated it. That's why I didn't sell because I believe there is much much more price-potential.

Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:30:01 AM

One more time, so you don't forget about me. Smiley

TL;DR: Vote because it's important. Vote vega for delegate, because he is a great guy.

Why should you vote?
Because doing so helps securing the network and within it your own coins. The more people vote the harder it is for a few big whales can seize control of the active delegates. It is in your best interest to help avoid this eventuality. The more diverse the group running the delegates is the best for everyone.

You should take some time and look at the potential delegate so you can make an informed decision who do you want to secure the network for you.

If you don't want to spend time reading hundreds of delegate statements, and research possible candidates, but want to contribute, take a look at my Windows voting tool (See below) here is the lisk.io thread  for it. It's not only makes voting easier and faster, it can recommend you delegates to vote for.
I'm going to keep an up to date list of delegates that I researched, before recommending them. They all been active in the community or contributed someting to the Lisk experience. You can also find me on this list.

Why should you vote for me?
Because I'm a nice guy! But seriously, you should vote for me, and people like me to secure a truly decentralized network. I'm dedicated to this task, I've been running a delegate on the testnet since day one, been always one of the first to update when a new version come out. I also invested great amount of additional time (and money) into the Lisk community, by creating various Windows based tools to help the delegates and Lisk users.
I created a voting tool to help checking the delegates information and casting votes. You can find it here: Windows voting tool lisk.io thread
It's open source and easy to use. I urge anyone and everyone to look at the code. It's written in Autohotkey, that is a purposefully simple syntax language, you can read it easily enough even if you don't know the language (at least well enough to find any shady stuff). There is a compiled version of it on Github for trusted souls, but it's very easy to run AHK script without compiling.

It looks like this:

My other tools are more aimed for delegates to use. A delegate monitor, that shows up to date statistics for the delegate, and alert to changes.
Delegate Monitor   

I'm also working on a more serious Lisk node log monitoring tool, that will help delegates avoid potential problems with their nodes and therefore helps to make the Lisk network more stable and dependable.

You can always find me in Lisk Chat if you have a question or comment.

For more Details please see my delegate statement thread.    

Vega for Active Delegate
docker

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:31:45 AM

Geez they need to go there then, why spam here
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:54:31 AM

Geez they need to go there then, why spam here

Spam what exactly? A thread that is mostly price speculation? There's a dedicated thread for that as well:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1386914.0

Delegates are an integral part of Lisk. They are here, because they want your vote. and since they are the ones who keep the blockchain running, you should have an interest in them.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:06:35 AM

Lisk is awesome.

6. Expectation of the market: People compare it to Ethereum. I'm not sure if that is very smart because it is different, but regarding the market-situation it may be more true than false. And many missed to buy Ethereum at low prices after launch and they don't want to make this mistake again. That's why I believe we will see a similar price-dynamic but faster.

Conclusion: Lisk is in a very early stage but it has a lot of potential and that means that there is also a lot of room and potential for the price. To be honest: My strategy was to buy into the ICO to sell very soon after launch. Initially I just figured that they are good in marketing. But I really like how they've managed the problems regarding development and how they communicated it. That's why I didn't sell because I believe there is much much more price-potential.

Good analysis. The main problem is that LISK is fundamentally flawed. It cannot be taken seriously or used for serious application. Perhaps this is by design?  It would require a complete re-coding by experts to make it sound enough to be beneficial to big business. Otherwise it can remain what it is, a fun small time application for the masses without serious consequences should it break.  Call it a 2016 DODGE coin  now with fun applications for the masses. As such it is at best a USD0.50 coin tops. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with catering to the masses in a light weight fun way which is what LISK does and will do. As detailed below to re-write of the code for serious applications seems too daunting at this late stage. Comparison to Ethereum has always been ludicrous. There is a reason the language was invented in their case to operate on the blockchain.  LISK is its own thing and has its followers and community just like DODGE, it will come out with fun apps for them, games and other neato javascript things, just how javascript in the early days did the same on the web.  It won't and cannot do something like this for sure:

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-identity-platform-multiple-blockchains/

We are talking serious matters like banking, identity, country voting etc. LISK has its place in this new era and can do well in it with what it is and what it does.

reference point to inherent flaw in LISK:

https://steemit.com/lisk/@dan/why-lisk-is-inferior-to-ethereum

thanks you i get awesome information..
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:15:48 AM

Lisk is awesome.

Good analysis. The main problem is that LISK is fundamentally flawed. It cannot be taken seriously or used for serious application. Perhaps this is by design?  It would require a complete re-coding by experts to make it sound enough to be beneficial to big business. Otherwise it can remain what it is, a fun small time application for the masses without serious consequences should it break.  Call it a 2016 DODGE coin  now with fun applications for the masses. As such it is at best a USD0.50 coin tops. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with catering to the masses in a light weight fun way which is what LISK does and will do. As detailed below to re-write of the code for serious applications seems too daunting at this late stage. Comparison to Ethereum has always been ludicrous. There is a reason the language was invented in their case to operate on the blockchain.  LISK is its own thing and has its followers and community just like DODGE, it will come out with fun apps for them, games and other neato javascript things, just how javascript in the early days did the same on the web.  It won't and cannot do something like this for sure:

We are talking serious matters like banking, identity, country voting etc. LISK has its place in this new era and can do well in it with what it is and what it does.

1. The points which are made in the blog-post (which I already know) are most likely true but it doesn't describe fundamentally flaws. And to speak about a "late stage" is kind of hilarious.

2. While the blog-post mentions some points that really need to be addressed, it's also obvious that it comes from a competitor and is in fact PR for Steem while using Lisks spotlight.

3. It's kind of revealing to use a brand-new account with a 14-post-history of bashing Lisk. ;-)
CryptoVision

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:19:45 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 12:46:10 PM by CryptoVision

Lisk is awesome.

Good analysis. The main problem is that LISK is fundamentally flawed. It cannot be taken seriously or used for serious application. Perhaps this is by design?  It would require a complete re-coding by experts to make it sound enough to be beneficial to big business. Otherwise it can remain what it is, a fun small time application for the masses without serious consequences should it break.  Call it a 2016 DODGE coin  now with fun applications for the masses. As such it is at best a USD0.50 coin tops. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with catering to the masses in a light weight fun way which is what LISK does and will do. As detailed below to re-write of the code for serious applications seems too daunting at this late stage. Comparison to Ethereum has always been ludicrous. There is a reason the language was invented in their case to operate on the blockchain.  LISK is its own thing and has its followers and community just like DODGE, it will come out with fun apps for them, games and other neato javascript things, just how javascript in the early days did the same on the web.  It won't and cannot do something like this for sure:

Reverse FUD or what? The guy who wrote the article should know that Lisk is for Blockchain Apps and Scalability. If you try to make an app on the Eth platform you will need to compile a lot of contracts, and even for smart contracts Eth is a problem:

Costs vs. Benefits: My Experience with an Ethereum Smart Contract (The Daily Decrypt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90Y8mw_HVY
Bladiebla

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:21:22 AM

Lisk is awesome.

1. The points which are made in the blog-post (which I already know) are most likely true but it doesn't describe fundamentally flaws. And to speak about a "late stage" is kind of hilarious.

2. While the blog-post mentions some points that really need to be addressed, it's also obvious that it comes from a competitor and is in fact PR for Steem while using Lisks spotlight.

3. It's kind of revealing to use a brand-new account with a 14-post-history of bashing Lisk. ;-)

This.

We all have our own agenda.

HODL
Black Mamba

Activity: 656

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:50:43 AM

@crypto_addicted unfortunately not. Talks & panels will be available next week on youtube. Also a summary of conversation with @Snowden

https://twitter.com/crypto_addicted/status/737961722137448448
bitbitch

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:56:00 AM

4 minutes to low tide.
bitbitch

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:01:02 PM

@crypto_addicted unfortunately not. Talks & panels will be available next week on youtube. Also a summary of conversation with @Snowden

https://twitter.com/crypto_addicted/status/737961722137448448
[/quote

that's disappointing.
anders lokka

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:11:09 PM

Low volume and price dumping. Perfect. Just watch the best time to join again

Happy with 30btc profit sold all at 0.009

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:22:07 PM

Heads up! Waves ICO is fianlly over.

Lot of ICO junkies were selling their Lisk to hop on Waves ICO train, but that sell pressure on Lisk is now over.

Lisk price will start heading up from here.

+1
I have a same tought as you Smiley
LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:33:42 PM

Lot of ICO junkies were selling their Lisk to hop on Waves ICO train, but that sell pressure on Lisk is now over.

I agree that some money should start pouring back into Lisk. Although peer to peer trading happens in the next few hours, according to Waves, exchange trading won't start until June 14th.

LeonardoDaVinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:37:21 PM

Weak hands shaken...

Vector boosters activated!!!

Toooo tttthhheee mmmmooooooooonnnn

God I love scooping cheap Lisk from those weak hands !

My retirement fund is growing with every dump  Wink
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:39:02 PM

Please dump your Lisk on
my buy wall on YoBit

Thanks Wink
zoneout

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:44:50 PM

I agree that some money should start pouring back into Lisk. Although peer to peer trading happens in the next few hours, according to Waves, exchange trading won't start until June 14th.

Won't be long, be patient and Lisk will reward you soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: