Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27386 times)
lukasbradley
Donator

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:55:24 AM

Poor Tom.  I hope he comes through this OK.  It sounds like he's in a bad place.

I think the business is lost.  I hope he can keep his family.

Frankly, I don't think the business is lost if Tom comes to terms with the state of his affairs.

I also SINCERELY hope he comes through this okay.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:05:57 AM

Bummer, requested a refund on the 8th and he didn't pull through.  How hard is it to do a chargeback?
lukasbradley
Donator

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:07:25 AM

Bummer, requested a refund on the 8th and he didn't pull through.  How hard is it to do a chargeback?

Call your credit card company and "dispute" the charge.  They should walk you through the process.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:15:50 AM

Uh, just be careful not to state exactly what the mining rig is. Be vague....otherwise you might lose the dispute from the get go.

CC companies do not like machines that produce BTC or alternate currencies.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 04:22:13 AM

Call your credit card company and "dispute" the charge.  They should walk you through the process.

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/chargeback-management-guidelines-for-visa-merchants.pdf

Time limits for depositing transactions are set to ensure timely processing and billing to
cardholders . When you hold transactions beyond the period defined in your merchant agreement
(usually one to five days), you lose money, affect customer service (cardholders expect to see
transactions on their Visa statements within the same or next monthly cycle), and possibly invite
a chargeback . No remedies exist for chargebacks on sales receipts deposited 181 days or longer
after the transaction date.

I'm not sure if the text in bold applies.
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:24:42 AM

@lukasbradley

Hey man, so you couldn't really get any details out of him at all? Even Dave never got any details other that what Tom said to him?

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:25:38 AM

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/chargeback-management-guidelines-for-visa-merchants.pdf

Time limits for depositing transactions are set to ensure timely processing and billing to
cardholders . When you hold transactions beyond the period defined in your merchant agreement
(usually one to five days), you lose money, affect customer service (cardholders expect to see
transactions on their Visa statements within the same or next monthly cycle), and possibly invite
a chargeback . No remedies exist for chargebacks on sales receipts deposited 181 days or longer
after the transaction date.

I'm not sure if the text in bold applies.
that's for the merchant.
he's the cardholder.

...or does it?
hmm.

w/e, i'm getting my pitchfork and popcorn ready.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:49:38 AM

So let me get this straight: the only reason people were getting BTC refunds was because Dave and Lukas were urging Tom to. Then Tom is supposed to provide crucial information about the ASICs, and instead he packs up and leaves town. Their bank account does not have enough funds to process CC refunds because Tom was in charge of that, too. Now, we have no idea where Tom is, we don't know if people are even going to be getting refunds (CC or BTC), the BTCFPGA forum is still under lockdown, and we have absolutely zero information about the status of the bASIC's development. And all of this is directly from the 2 remaining bASIC team members. Talk about a shit storm!
BFL is next I would bet.
We shall see. I'm very interested in seeing which one of us gets the last laugh.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Man, you're crazy to still be backing BFL.

Maybe they will produce, but if it doesn't happen soon, the refunds will start mounting and you'll be in the same boat.

Now that bASIC has collapsed, the panic is building. Once Avalon ships and friedcat's project comes online(if they do), then the pressure will increase.

Less projected profitability + competitor already capsized + BFL's shady background = refund city.

Good luck.
mining4fun11

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:05:48 AM

Looks like Tom might have a new home soon(jail).  I hope this piece of crap rots in there. 
alexKKK

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:09:43 AM

I got my BTC refund from them, and i am happy about it - because i suggested my chances  50/50 . Wish luck to Tom take control  the situation !

Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:33:00 AM

I got my BTC refund from them, and i am happy about it - because i suggested my chances  50/50 . Wish luck to Tom take control  the situation !

When did you request it, and when did you get it?

Dave sent me an email saying I would receive mine today, but haven't as of yet. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 05:50:38 AM

Looks like Tom might have a new home soon(jail).  I hope this piece of crap rots in there. 

Jail?  Soon?

Sounds like the Bitcoin Police are on the case!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 06:10:00 AM

BFL is next I would bet.

The problem here was that there was too much pressure on one guy...BFL is structured differently.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:17:40 AM

BFL is next I would bet.
The problem here was that there was too much pressure on one guy...BFL is structured differently.
This why I don't think BFL is in the same danger of failing like bASIC did. With bASIC, the power to crash the entire endeavor was placed in the hands of one man. Tom hired a 3rd party teams to do all the engineering R&D, but he did everything else. Hiring Dave was the smartest thing he could have done, but it looks like Tom never ended up sharing any more information with Dave than he did his customers. When Tom disappears, so did their 3rd party contacts, ASIC progress status, refund capabilities (CC & BTC), and who knows what else.

AFAIK, BFL is not in the position where one person can crash their entire system. It's still a small company, but you don't get to 25 employees by making mistakes like that.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Sigma

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:37:58 AM

Well shit.

Has anyone gotten any CC refunds yet? I asked on 1-6 and of course nothing has shown up yet. I realize the BTC have gone out somewhat, so...anyone gotten anything on this front? Sad that my bank is closed till monday  Undecided
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:01:14 AM

AFAIK, BFL is not in the position where one person can crash their entire system. It's still a small company, but you don't get to 25 employees by making mistakes like that.

I'm not a fan of MPOE-PR but here's the best description of BFL that I've seen:

BFL is a marketing company (and an incredibly poor one, in many aspects). Their business is keeping those Google ads up and siphoning the incoming money into more or less safe holes. Everything else is everyone else's problem.

Think about it.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:09:06 AM

Well shit.

Has anyone gotten any CC refunds yet? I asked on 1-6 and of course nothing has shown up yet. I realize the BTC have gone out somewhat, so...anyone gotten anything on this front? Sad that my bank is closed till monday  Undecided

Dave posted that he's processed CC refunds but that he doesn't know whether Tom transferred the funds to cover them (this was supposed to be done by wire).  He's recommending that customers who paid by CC contact their CC company and request a charge back.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:24:10 AM

BFL is next I would bet.
This why I don't think BFL is in the same danger of failing like bASIC did....
so, maybe you know where is the BFL's ASIC prototype ?
Maybe you know what kind of magic allows mass production of chips without a prototype and tests?  
Maybe you know how many months will pass before there is a working prototype?
Maybe you know how many people during those few months will request refund?
I think BFL is in the same danger as bASIC.
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:46:35 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2013, 09:02:53 AM by bitmar

Looks like Tom might have a new home soon(jail).  I hope this piece of crap rots in there.  

Jail ? You are watching to much movies Wink Tom will be fine. He lives in the USA.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg1450104#msg1450104
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: