Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27384 times)
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:10:01 PM

I'm not sure what the exchange rate has to do with this.  People who paid in BTC are being refunded in BTC and people who paid in USD are being refunded in USD. 
Everything. They're being refunded less BTC than they paid, according to the price in USD at today's BTC exchange rate. Even though it's been pointed out that he didn't exchange the BTC when it was deposited. So he's just pocketing the difference now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:45:10 PM

Even though it's been pointed out that he didn't exchange the BTC when it was deposited. So he's just pocketing the difference now.
Repeatedly saying so doesn't make it true and this whole thing is just ridiculous.

First, the ones receiving the BTC for BTCFPA are BitPay not Tom. The fact that they may not have moved the BTC for a transaction since then doesn't prove anything.

And even if BTC were paid directly to Tom's wallet if it was possible he is very well entitled to do whatever he wants with them as long as it's part of running his business. If he needs a cushion of BTC for day-to-day operations in order to avoid moving money around for each and every BTC transaction and have more time on hand it's his call.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

Im not diputing getting a refund in btc or am i asking for the amount of btc i paid back when.
I am asking to have my refund refunded at the current btc rate as when i requested it.
 ie monday which the btc to usd price was 14.15.
Not the price when they see fit after a week or so when they get to it

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:08:33 AM

Update on the BTCFPGA Forum.

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refurequest until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom

source
Sigma

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:14:10 AM

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refurequest until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Tom

source

I am really glad that he is going forward, and hopefully everything works out.....

That said I cancelled my orders after dave and lukas reported badly and I will not be buying anything until I actually see a product. He really had a breach of trust at the very least and to regain that he is going to have to do a bit more than simple words, sorry.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:23:37 AM

Wait, I thought he was rage quitting the project?  Huh

And then selling to the Asians?

And now "winning"?

Too much drama.....
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:27:50 AM

yeah. too much back and forth going on here. weren't the new team members supposed to post/update about proof of work so far?

i appreciate tom's tenacity, but at this point he needs to show concrete evidence that the chips exist and actually work ... in whatever form. a single chip on a test board...anything concrete.
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:30:30 AM

Tom

source

I am really glad that he is going forward, and hopefully everything works out.....

That said I cancelled my orders after dave and lukas reported badly and I will not be buying anything until I actually see a product. He really had a breach of trust at the very least and to regain that he is going to have to do a bit more than simple words, sorry.

That post gives you hope? Seriously ppl here wonder why there are so many scams?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:54:44 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 04:02:26 AM by Bogart

Forum still on lockdown.

No explanation for the chip delay.

Many refunds still outstanding (were any BTC refunds at all given since Friday the 11th?)

Oh, but we get plenty of empty hyperbole.  "HURRY HURRY STEP RIGHT UP!  THIS HERE IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!  THESE BABIES ARE GOING FAST!  GET 'EM QUICK BEFORE THEY'RE GONE GONE GONE!"

Good luck with that.

Here: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1116
Also: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1128

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:22:21 AM

Bahahah - Tom is a lost cause.. wow.. 

Entertaining nonetheless now..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:48:50 AM

if u order from someone that you chargebacked from...can you still do a second chargeback after if you order again?  j/k
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:03:26 AM

So Tom's post confirms what we all suspected - that they didn't have sufficient funds to take the project to completion.

Which actually makes Tom's comment about being willing to put his own money against anyone who says they won't ship in March ridiculous - why wasn't he putting his own money into completion of the project if he's got spare cash he can afford to lose lying around?

Does Tom even realise that this is no longer just about raising the funds to complete the project?  It's also about convincing people that whoever is leading the project is competent and Tom's "word" is not evidence of that.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:19:01 AM

"HURRY HURRY STEP RIGHT UP!  THIS HERE IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!  THESE BABIES ARE GOING FAST!  GET 'EM QUICK BEFORE THEY'RE GONE GONE GONE!"

Way to add some value to the discussion.

Thanks for the fish.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 11:59:42 AM

Does Tom even realise that this is no longer just about raising the funds to complete the project?  It's also about convincing people that whoever is leading the project is competent and Tom's "word" is not evidence of that.

Quoted for emphasis.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:29:22 PM

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refurequest until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Tom
source

This is not the same Tom that I pre-ordered from. He seems to have developed some mental health issues and/or a drinking problem in the meantime... sad but true.  Sad

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:37:26 PM

What about all those people who are waiting on bitcoin refunds that he seems to be ignoring.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

wordstream from Tom

Good god, he's drunk as hell again.
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:10:44 PM

How sad this has turned out.  Maybe Toms big wife needs to send him to some AA meetings.  I wouldnt give him anymore funds as he already proven that he will dump the project without trying every angle when in a bind.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:57:08 PM

wordstream from Tom

Good god, he's drunk as hell again.

Concur.

Count the errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, typos, use of CAPS, spacing, etc, and compare to his posts from November and earlier.

Sure, the earlier ones aren't 100% clean either, but I see a marked difference.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:59:06 PM

Not executing the BTC refunds as promised and posting this message: Is Tom crazy now?

There is no trust anymore and only a complete idiot will pay a single cent to do a bASIC pre-order. This message just makes no sense. Tom, say no to drugs!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: