Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 04:15:16 PM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering

I really think that your thread really meant nothing because bitcoin is a currency and just like other currency like dollar or other fiat money that are mostly involve in illegal transaction and can be involve in some illegal organization bitcoin is just the same if apply to some illegal activities that is why it is really common sense on what would people do with their bitcoin.

As long it has a value  it would surely  being  used   on  illegal services and  transaction. as  you said   its up to people  decision on how they gonna handle this  things and  how they would  use  up their  money. Bitcoin is  being used  for sure on  illegal things because of  its anonymity feature.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 04:32:52 PM

There is no way to control where bitcoin or any altcoin or even fiat is being spent at, if those would be possible mafia wouldnt exist, and several wars wouldnt have sponsorship to keep attacking countries and people.
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:15:05 PM

will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
yes may be but i am not sure with bitcoin being used for illegal activities , this time I did not know that bitcoin is used as the government must act decisively if it really happened

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:20:30 PM

i think bitcoin is just an vertual money system and it is true that it is being used for many illigal activitys  but the bad part of it is that we are getting negetive impression for them.whenever they got caught or punched for commiting any crime activity then just because they used btc in their work people think negetive thoghts for us
Antesth

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:57:55 PM

The bitcoin is used for criminal activities but this is not something that is very wrong because its logical and not something that is bad for the economy of it.
Its just that it should not happen too much.
South Park

Activity: 2912
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:03:09 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 11:49:31 PM by South Park

Gambling is illegal in our country but I can gamble using bitcoin, so I am using bitcoin for illegal activity specifically gambling. Big question,

Who will arrest me then?
Unless you are living in some kind of police state then gambling with bitcoin is not bound to bring a lot of attention to you, besides online gambling is in a little bit of a gray area and when you add bitcoin to the mix things become even murkier.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:10:52 PM

There is no way to control where bitcoin or any altcoin or even fiat is being spent at, if those would be possible mafia wouldnt exist, and several wars wouldnt have sponsorship to keep attacking countries and people.

It does not need to be controlled as long as it is not affecting bitcoin... because illegal things are done with every currency but those currencies don't become bad just because of that one bad use as they have more good uses in the world...
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:26:56 AM

The bitcoin is used for criminal activities but this is not something that is very wrong because its logical and not something that is bad for the economy of it.
Its just that it should not happen too much.
And its impossible to confidently say for any currency or asset that is not being used for illegal activities then why are we always blaming bitcoins only ?
I am really very upset with thinking of people, guys come on whoever has BTC can use it the way he wants.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:12:37 AM

I really think that your thread really meant nothing because bitcoin is a currency and just like other currency like dollar or other fiat money that are mostly involve in illegal transaction and can be involve in some illegal organization bitcoin is just the same if apply to some illegal activities that is why it is really common sense on what would people do with their bitcoin.

As long it has a value  it would surely  being  used   on  illegal services and  transaction. as  you said   its up to people  decision on how they gonna handle this  things and  how they would  use  up their  money. Bitcoin is  being used  for sure on  illegal things because of  its anonymity feature.
yeah I think not only the currency to be used. anything that has a definite price will be used for illegal activities. so do not be surprised when many users are using bitcoin for illegal activities as well, after all that activity is not visible and does not cause adverse effects thought so what are you worried about?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:34:30 AM

And its impossible to confidently say for any currency or asset that is not being used for illegal activities then why are we always blaming bitcoins only ?
I am really very upset with thinking of people, guys come on whoever has BTC can use it the way he wants.

It's mainly the media that is making people think like that. It's a deep shame that people take everything coming from the media for granted so easily. If something happens were like $100,000 cash ransom is being asked, then people seem to think very lightly about it. But when hackers demand a few Bitcoins as ransom, then it directly is Bitcoin that receives the beatings.

These stupid people don't realize that Bitcoin isn't any different from fiat money in the way that people can choose for whichever purpose they want to use it. The media says that Bitcoin is a ponzi, people directly believe Bitcoin is a ponzi. The media says that Bitcoin is a tool for criminals, then people will directly believe that. It's pure ignorance. They don't look at what damage is being done to the world with fiat, Gold, oil, etc. No, it's Bitcoin that is being seen as the bad character here. It's hatred towards Bitcoin where the government is playing an important role in the background. All to discourage the use of Bitcoin.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:30:37 AM

Well it can affect its price in a good way because many people will use Bitcoin. And I don't think that the government will ban bitcoin because they are using Bitcoin, like the internet, the internet was first use by the military and now it is being use by everyone. Not because one bad person is using it not all can enjoy and benefit the use of bitcoin.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:41:50 PM

Well it can affect its price in a good way because many people will use Bitcoin. And I don't think that the government will ban bitcoin because they are using Bitcoin, like the internet, the internet was first use by the military and now it is being use by everyone. Not because one bad person is using it not all can enjoy and benefit the use of bitcoin.
i am a bit confused, because i do not see where the government is using bitcoin. also i wonder why you think the military was the first to use the internet? how is this all related to illegal activities of bitcoin?

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:07:48 PM

basically every currency and all precious metals can be used for illegal activities , the media is just overrating this to keep people away  from using bitcoin
just remember that the US dollar is the #1 that's being used in illegal activities , and illegal activities existed way before 2008 
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:00:42 PM

Yeah I think the same thing, the fact that there are some people using bitcoin for illegal stuffs doesn't really matter because this also happens with other currencies so why should we be bothered by this problem. It's just a minor issue or I should say an advantage as more people will use bitcoin.
ashiqdey

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:18:05 PM

Yes obviously bitcoin is extensively used in illegal activities because it's pseudonymous and no one could ever know that woo transferred money to whom. And another best part is that bitcoin doesn't have much transaction fees which again motivates then to use bitcoin over traditional banks
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1358
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 05:38:12 PM

Yes obviously bitcoin is extensively used in illegal activities because it's pseudonymous and no one could ever know that woo transferred money to whom. And another best part is that bitcoin doesn't have much transaction fees which again motivates then to use bitcoin over traditional banks
This is one of the problem about bitcoin it is still anoynimous and you can not trace where they are living or who is sending or receiving.
That is why they are abusing the weaknesses of bitcoin.. but it is not the case because even in fiat there is still illegal activities..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:43:23 PM

This is one of the problem about bitcoin it is still anoynimous and you can not trace where they are living or who is sending or receiving.
That is why they are abusing the weaknesses of bitcoin.. but it is not the case because even in fiat there is still illegal activities..
it is still anonymous because it is supposed to be. and this is not a weakness it is a good thing. you should be able to do your business (legal or not) privately and bitcoin is a help in this, but it is not totally anonymous so you better know what you are doing.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:47:59 PM

Yeah I think the same thing, the fact that there are some people using bitcoin for illegal stuffs doesn't really matter because this also happens with other currencies so why should we be bothered by this problem. It's just a minor issue or I should say an advantage as more people will use bitcoin.
Agree they are just the same and i think its more worst and many illegal activity happen in other currency than bitcoin..

It is only own self how we can care and protect our money against illegal activities ..
For me i don't want to treat bitcoin as for illegal stuffs online since we are just using it as alternative currency online..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
seven2smoke

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:50:31 PM

Bitcoin is a secure currency, It's being used for legal and illegal activity.
There is a high number of country in the world that accept bitcoin normally,
In other side, bitcoin used for illegal things! simply you can see that in the Darknet.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:05:26 PM

Bitcoin is a secure currency, It's being used for legal and illegal activity.
There is a high number of country in the world that accept bitcoin normally,
In other side, bitcoin used for illegal things! simply you can see that in the Darknet.

I think it's much more correct to say that a lot people in the world accept Bitcoin, not countries.
As far as I know, there is no country where Bitcoin is officially accepted as money.
Maybe in different ways, as virtual payment system or something like this, but not as financial asset.
Of course, Bitcoin itself is neither good or bad.
People, which use Bitcoin, decide how they will use Bitcoin, for good or bad purpose.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: