Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that God exists  (Read 62224 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:06:05 PM

Proof means real things - faith means nothing. I believe Star Wars exists. Because I've seen it. No one has seen God.

This is why faith is important. Nobody can understand the things of God. We barely can understand that there are things of God. Faith is all we have regarding things of God. The proof that God exists makes our faith in the things God tells us, to be stronger faith.

Faith, by definition, is belief without knowledge...

If you had proof of God, it would no longer require faith... Religion without faith would be science, because it would then be based on fact, not fiction...

Existence of God = scientifically proven.
Attributes of God = not proven, therefore if held, held by faith.
Faith in God = faith in proof.

Existence of God = not proven scientifically
Faith in God = faith in God.

Okay. I guess we are down to it. You simply won't accept the proof that God exists.

(Argumentum ad hominem removed)

We are still waiting for you to provide this proof...

Pseudoscience is often characterized by the following: contradictory, exaggerated or unprovable claims; over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation; lack of openness to evaluation by other experts in the field; and absence of systematic practices when rationally developing theories
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:04:43 PM

Proof means real things - faith means nothing. I believe Star Wars exists. Because I've seen it. No one has seen God.

This is why faith is important. Nobody can understand the things of God. We barely can understand that there are things of God. Faith is all we have regarding things of God. The proof that God exists makes our faith in the things God tells us, to be stronger faith.

If you had proof of God, it would no longer require faith... Religion without faith would be science, because it would then be based on fact, not fiction...

Okay. I guess we are down to it. You simply won't accept the proof that God exists.

Pseudoscience is often characterized by the following: contradictory, exaggerated or unprovable claims; over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation; lack of openness to evaluation by other experts in the field; and absence of systematic practices when rationally developing theories

Why are you waiting? I don't have the proof. Science does. God examine the science if you want to see the proof.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:14:57 PM

Why are you waiting? I don't have the proof. Science does. God examine the science if you want to see the proof.

"God examine the science"?... ... ... Are you high?

I consulted the Science God, and she said the likelihood of the Christian God existing as described in the bible is around 0.00000%... With a margin of error no greater than 0.0000%
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:20:29 PM

I am a bit curious why, however. I suspect that you believe other things that are factual. I mean, if you were crossing a railroad track, and you saw a train bearing down on yourself at 60 mph, you would get out of the way as fast as you could. Although God is patient and loving, He can be way more dangerous than a train. And you are disrespectful of the nitroglycerin you are tossing back and forth from hand to hand. How utterly reckless of you.

Cool

I don't see any evidence for God.  Quite the opposite.  There is strong evidence that God described in the holy books is a social construct developed by people in various times in our human history.  Why?  Because each God has the qualities of people who lived at the time when the God story was invented.  His interactions with the world are described in terms of how people in those times understood world around them.

If two armies are to about fight each other and the soldiers on each side believe in the same God and pray to help them win the battle, how is God suppose to reconcile those requests?  Free will was invented to justify God's actions.  For example where was God when 6 million Jews were being killed by Germans who believed in the same God.

Anyone who read Bible, Talmud and Quran understands this.  Those books were written for specific purpose, nothing to do with divine power.
Those stories are ridiculous.

Why did God create me to be an Atheist?  I was Catholic before only because I was born into that religion.  Now I used my brain (that God gave me?) to reason my way out of that cult.  Freewill my ass.

Seriously, you are fooling YOURSELF believing in this nonsense.  If you have any reason left in you, I suggest you re-read your bible and apply the same scrutiny as you would to reading a physics textbook.  Reason every paragraph.  Don't listen what others tell you those words mean.  Read and reason for yourself.

I don't really care what you believe, it does not matter.  I have problem with the missionary aspect of the religion because you guys spreading lies about science, history and reality in general.

Well, thanks for confirming that you can't find anything to prove that the 3 laws of science that I have provided don't prove God. Because of these pages and pages of posts where you completely avoid that point, you are adding your strength to the proof that God exists.

You might have an excuse for what you are doing to yourself/yourselves. It's in the first sentence of your post I am quoting here... "I don't see any evidence for God." Since you can't stick to science, you are showing your lack of ability, thereby strengthening the science.

Thanks, again, for your confirmation that God exists.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:22:18 PM

"God examine the science"?... ... ... Are you high?

I consulted the Science God, and she said the likelihood of the Christian God existing as described in the bible is around 0.00000%... With a margin of error no greater than 0.0000%

Okay. So I did a typo. But God, Who science proves to exist, actually did examine science before He set it in place.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:34:58 PM

...God, Who science proves to exist, actually did examine science before He set it in place

Yet another claim pulled directly from your ass

Prove it... Where is your evidence?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:37:36 PM

...God, Who science proves to exist, actually did examine science before He set it in place

Prove it

It is a logical conclusion based on the things that god's witnesses in the bible said and say.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:14:34 AM

Prove it

It is a logical conclusion based on the things that god's witnesses in the bible said and say.

Cool

It is a hearsay (at best).

Oh, because the bible says so?

The bible also says that rabbits chew their cud like a cow

The bible says unicorns exist

The bible condones slavery in no less than 5 different books

The entire old testament is filled with murder and genocide

The bible places Jesus in cities hundreds of miles apart on the same day

The bible says the earth has four corners (implying the earth is flat)

The bible says God created light... 3 days before he created the sun and stars...

According to the bible, the earth is around 5-7000 years old

The bible is wrong on so many things... Literally hundreds of provable errors and contradictions

I will gladly provide dozens of links to scholarly sources on the subject if you are interested
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:16:32 AM

Well, thanks for confirming that you can't find anything to prove that the 3 laws of science that I have provided don't prove God. Because of these pages and pages of posts where you completely avoid that point, you are adding your strength to the proof that God exists.

BADecker,

I replied to your "3 laws" argument many times, but here it goes again:

1. cause and effect - You did not provided a cause for God so your argument is not valid.
Like as you don't have to personally follow the laws of a computer program that you write, even so God doesn't have to follow the laws that He created for some universe He engineered. God is outside of cause and effect, even though He uses them directly at times.

2. complexity of the universe - It has no correlation between existence of God and complexity that I can see.
A. We see nothing that is more complex coming from something that is less complex without some still greater complexity causing it. The complexity that causes a simple thing to become more complex than the simple thing is, may not be seen or understood clearly, but in every case it is there.

B. The fact of universal cause and effect eliminates any and all truly random action. This means that all complexity was caused to be. And again, only something more complex can produce complexity. Thus, the produced complexity is less than the complexity that caused it.

C. Since everything is an effect of some cause, the thing that set the causes in place long ago must have been super-complex to have been able to "toss" a bunch of materials and energies out there so accurately that they could produce, after countless quadrillions and quintillions of cause and effect actions, the complexity that we see in the universe today.

NOTE: The Bible suggests a less than 7,000 thousand year history for the universe. The older you suggest that the universe is, the greater God must be to produce the complexity from a set of beginning causes and effects. It's like a pool/billiards player who gets a ball into the pocket through a string of 5 balls. If he can do it through a string of 10 balls, he is a much better pool player.

3. entropy argument - complexity and randomness are two different things.  even if one accepts your argument that the universe is devolving in complexity, the shear fact that we evolved from a less complex life form is enough to refute that argument
Complexity exists. Nobody has found pure randomness. Scientists are great, based on how well they can find causes, not randomness. A scientist searching for pure random has a difficult time even understanding what he is looking for.

There is no scientific evidence for complexity coming from simplicity without greater complexity causing the the action of simple to complex.

The devolving universe term might be mine, but the fact of it is what entropy is all about. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, and all material is essentially energy. The thing that the energy can do is disperse and diffuse. Dispersing and diffusing of energy is well described by complexity becoming more simple. This is what entropy essentially is.

You might have an excuse for what you are doing to yourself/yourselves. It's in the first sentence of your post I am quoting here... "I don't see any evidence for God." Since you can't stick to science, you are showing your lack of ability, thereby strengthening the science.

Smiley

I'm sticking to science.  Not sure I lack the ability to process new information.  I did graduate from a top engineering school so I don't think I lack ability to understand science.  I did a bit of bio-engineering, clinical research in my 4th year of my EE program, so I'm sure I would understand a proof of God if it was presented to me.

Anyway, if you have a mathematical proof of God, please post it here.  I don't think you will be able to provide data for any other type of proof as God is not observable entity so you cannot collect any data on him/her/it.

The thing that we are attempting to do is to stick to science. Since you graduated from an engineering school, you know that engineering science is quite different from theoretical science. Engineering science is the science that proves theoretical science in a practical way.

In this post, I have explained how to put the scientific laws together to prove God. I haven't done it in as detailed a way as it could be done. But I have done it a bit more detailed than many of my other posts.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:22:01 AM

Prove it

Cool

The bible says God created light... 3 days before he created the sun and stars...

The bible is wrong on so many things... Literally hundreds of provable errors and contradictions

I will gladly provide dozens of links to scholarly sources on the subject if you are interested

Our courts follow the Bible principle. The strongest judgments are a product of, and based on, eye witness reports.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:48:48 AM

Prove it

Cool

Our courts follow the Bible principle. The strongest judgments are a product of, and based on, eye witness reports.

Wrong again... testimony is the least credible source of evidence allowed in court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimony#Law
Objections to testimony include, but are not limited to:
    argumentative
    asked and answered
    best evidence rule
    calls for speculation
    calls for a conclusion
    compound question or narrative
    hearsay
    inflammatory
    incompetent witness (e.g., child, mental or physical impairment, intoxicated)
    irrelevant, immaterial
    lack of foundation
    leading question
    privilege
    vague
    ultimate issue testimony
    non-responsive

If you are talking about biblical law... only 2 out of the 613 commandments are laws... Do not kill, Do not steal... the other 611 commandments are not laws...
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:53:16 AM

Prove it

Cool

The one thing that annoys me the most is that "everyone can understand bible in their own way" or such the cases that you've said can be understood differently from person to person or completely ignored. Ignoring the bad parts and counting just he good ones, The Evolution of Bible. Therefore bible is as much as a blank papers bounded together, it's just a great hitorical artifact, nothing else absolutely.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:53:28 AM

BADecker,

I replied to your "3 laws" argument many times, but here it goes again:

1. cause and effect - You did not provided a cause for God so your argument is not valid.
Like as you don't have to personally follow the laws of a computer program that you write, even so God doesn't have to follow the laws that He created for some universe He engineered. God is outside of cause and effect, even though He uses them directly at times.

2. complexity of the universe - It has no correlation between existence of God and complexity that I can see.
A. We see nothing that is more complex coming from something that is less complex without some still greater complexity causing it. The complexity that causes a simple thing to become more complex than the simple thing is, may not be seen or understood clearly, but in every case it is there.

B. The fact of universal cause and effect eliminates any and all truly random action. This means that all complexity was caused to be. And again, only something more complex can produce complexity. Thus, the produced complexity is less than the complexity that caused it.

C. Since everything is an effect of some cause, the thing that set the causes in place long ago must have been super-complex to have been able to "toss" a bunch of materials and energies out there so accurately that they could produce, after countless quadrillions and quintillions of cause and effect actions, the complexity that we see in the universe today.

NOTE: The Bible suggests a less than 7,000 thousand year history for the universe. The older you suggest that the universe is, the greater God must be to produce the complexity from a set of beginning causes and effects. It's like a pool/billiards player who gets a ball into the pocket through a string of 5 balls. If he can do it through a string of 10 balls, he is a much better pool player.

3. entropy argument - complexity and randomness are two different things.  even if one accepts your argument that the universe is devolving in complexity, the shear fact that we evolved from a less complex life form is enough to refute that argument
Complexity exists. Nobody has found pure randomness. Scientists are great, based on how well they can find causes, not randomness. A scientist searching for pure random has a difficult time even understanding what he is looking for.

There is no scientific evidence for complexity coming from simplicity without greater complexity causing the the action of simple to complex.

The devolving universe term might be mine, but the fact of it is what entropy is all about. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, and all material is essentially energy. The thing that the energy can do is disperse and diffuse. Dispersing and diffusing of energy is well described by complexity becoming more simple.

Smiley

I'm sticking to science.  Not sure I lack the ability to process new information.  I did graduate from a top engineering school so I don't think I lack ability to understand science.  I did a bit of bio-engineering, clinical research in my 4th year of my EE program, so I'm sure I would understand a proof of God if it was presented to me.

Anyway, if you have a mathematical proof of God, please post it here.  I don't think you will be able to provide data for any other type of proof as God is not observable entity so you cannot collect any data on him/her/it.

The thing that we are attempting to do is to stick to science. Since you graduated from an engineering school, you know that engineering science is quite different from theoretical science. Engineering science is the science that proves theoretical science in a practical way.

In this post, I have explained how to put the scientific laws together to prove God. I haven't done it in as detailed a way as it could be done. But I have done it a bit more detailed than many of my other posts.

Cool

So you are assuming that God exists and does need to follow your cause & effect argument.
Perhaps you can find some tools of your trade that you use for certain things. That does not mean that you yourself, in your personal body and mind, are affected by the laws of those tools you use.

Just because God uses His tool of cause and effect, doesn't mean that He is bound by them personally.

What is the point of your argument again?  Wasn't it to prove God existence?
Actually, no. It was to give folks the laws that they can go out and study and use to prove the existence of God to themselves. My statements regarding that the laws prove God exists, are the impetus to get interested people to go out and prove it for themselves.

Not all people are interest. Not all people will be smart enough to prove God easily.

What? Did you think that I was trying to get the whole world to change their minds about the existence of God by what I post here?

Engineering does not prove theoretical science.  Not sure who told you so.
Not sure what you mean by the way you stated it.

Often, engineering something predicted in theory proves that the theory was accurate.

Engineering is simply an applied science.  We use science to build things.  
While this is totally true, often the engineer uses scientific theory to try to build something that works according to theory. Often in the building of it, he actually creates all kinds of assumptions about the theory, even mini theories, just to get the thing he built to work.

It is true that much engineering into the unknown is done simply because the engineer has a hunch, and is not following some theory made by some theoretical scientist.

You seem to have a very superficial knowledge of science (and engineering), and are still struggling with basic definitions.  That is ok.
We (atheists) are here to help you understand it a bit better.
You seem to not understand what it is that you are actually often suggesting by the words you use.

If you are invoking science in your proof of God existence you should start by ignoring ALL holy books as they have no meaning in science and will not help you in deriving scientific proof of God existence.  They are literary works of questionable quality, IMHO.  But I'm not a historian or a literary critic.

This is precisely the thing that I have been saying all along. Almost the only time that I have used the Bible or "religion," is in response to someone else who used it first. Posting answers or responses with other than the scientific-proof-God-exists theme, is when I have answered others.

Now, why is it that you haven't been able to show flaws in the scientific proof? Why is it that you continually drag the conversation in other directions, often which are subtle attacks on my character, and just as often are expressing that I said something that I didn't say or mean, essentially calling me a liar thereby?

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:00:16 AM

Prove it

Cool

Wrong again... testimony is the least credible source of evidence allowed in court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimony#Law
Objections to testimony include, but are not limited to:
    argumentative
    asked and answered
    best evidence rule
    calls for speculation
    calls for a conclusion
    compound question or narrative
    hearsay
    inflammatory
    incompetent witness (e.g., child, mental or physical impairment, intoxicated)
    irrelevant, immaterial
    lack of foundation
    leading question
    privilege
    vague
    ultimate issue testimony
    non-responsive

If you are talking about biblical law... only 2 out of the 613 commandments are laws... Do not kill, Do not steal... the other 611 commandments are not laws...

The Bible is about God, who created the universe, which is full of all kinds of laws, way beyond the 2 or the 613. Now that you prove you know something about the Bible, let's see you prove that you know something about science by confirming the science that proves God exists.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:02:36 AM

Prove it

Cool

The one thing that annoys me the most is that "everyone can understand bible in their own way" or such the cases that you've said can be understood differently from person to person or completely ignored. Ignoring the bad parts and counting just he good ones, The Evolution of Bible. Therefore bible is as much as a blank papers bounded together, it's just a great hitorical artifact, nothing else absolutely.

This is why the real Bible, the original written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, was written in those languages, which are meaning specific in the things that they say.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:05:14 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 03:50:27 AM by Moloch

Prove it

This is why the real Bible, the original written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, was written in those languages, which are meaning specific in the things that they say.

Once again proving your ignorance...

If the Hebrew Bible is so meaning specific, why has there been 2000+ years of scholarly rabbinic debate about the texts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_and_Shammai

The Jews have been debating over the meaning of the words in the bible since they were first written!  It is only Christians who think God wrote the bible...

The Jews literally debate every word of the bible... which is where Lilith comes from...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

The Jews noticed the discrepancy between the creation story in the first chapter of Genesis and the nearly identical creation story in the second chapter of Genesis
(yeah, God repeated himself... oops)

Basically, Lilith is Adams first wife, created out of the dust of the ground at the same time as Adam...
Quote from: Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them
Eve is Adams second wife, created out of his rib
Quote from: Genesis 2:22
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man

Have you even heard of The Council of Nicea? (circa 325-331 CE)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

This is where/when the Christian church leaders voted on which books to include in the bible... (hint: they did not ask God who wrote each book)
Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:07:19 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 03:37:22 AM by Moloch

Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oH0ReL3Cew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6omFJhKr6o

Hahaha...

I believed in all this until I was... ... 8

Quote from: The Flood
God looked at them and said to himself, 'they are so wicked, I will have to wipe them off the face of the Earth'...
Really?... Really?  Straight to genocide?
What happened to 1 verbal and 2 written warnings?
Straight to the annihilation of the entire human race?

Question:
If God knew ahead of time exactly what would happen... why did he create millions (billions?) of people only to kill them all with a flood?
Couldn't he have skipped all the murder and started with Noah instead of Adam?
Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:40:35 AM

You know the whole story is ridiculous.  I truly believe religious people suffer from some sort of psychosis. I'm sure in the future, this mental handicap will be better understood so that treatments can be developed.

It is fun to pick on all the inconsistencies in their religious dogma.  I try to avoid picking on religious beliefs the same way I would not want to pick on someone who suffers from schizophrenia but some of them think they have a moral or ethical ground to stand on AND on top of that they try to mix up science into their dogma.  This is where I draw the line.

Their missionary activities are most damaging as they spread their insanity.  

Healthy people should confront this religious nonsense especially when is presented as some sort of truth.

I encourage you to pick on them... make them feel foolish for believing such nonsense without evidence... hopefully, a few of them will begin to question their beliefs and why they ever believed such nonsense (though don't expect to see results from BADecker... he only hears what he wants to hear)

Reading the comments of this video, someone claimed this single-handedly turned them into an Atheist! (13+million views ain't half bad either)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_a6RjR_AHY
this video made me an atheist...i'm not joking i was struggling with religion and was agnostic at the time and this video made me a fucking atheist
imaduck

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:50:56 AM

Read this wHole thread. Wow
clangtrump

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:01:23 AM

You know qoute:
"God didn't made people, people made God."

Because in the ancient times, its hard to explain things that are out of the ordinary
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: