Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that God exists  (Read 62217 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:43:58 AM

I don't have a proof that god exists, but I certainly hope He does! I'd prefer to think that theists commit mass murder because their gods tell them to, rather than the alternative.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:44:28 AM

I don't generally like the idea that I am going to say now, but it is a reasonably logical idea anyway. This idea is that even if I thought in the direction that God and religion were silly, I would do my best to become a Christian, anyway. Why? Because nobody knows that God does NOT exist. And if He does exist after all, I would NOT want to miss out on salvation. Besides, Christians have a great life these days, even if somehow God did not exist, and even if the grave happened to be final. So, why not attempt to turn and believe in God, just to cover your bet, so to speak.

Cool

What you're talking about is a well know logical fallacy called the Pascal's bet. It was explained by Blaise Pascal, a French philosopher and scientist.
It is wrong in numerous way. First one is: what if God is not the good one? You talk about Jesus and shit but for Muslims if you follow Christian God you're also going to hell. So which God is the good one?

You are very smart. You have a lot of work to do hedging your bet in all the different ways you can think of. I suppose you might go nuts if you tried to hedge your bet all those ways. Maybe you should simply go out and kill yourself with pleasure... "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:46:13 AM

I don't have a proof that god exists, but I certainly hope He does! I'd prefer to think that theists commit mass murder because their gods tell them to, rather than the alternative.

Why would a theist commit mass murder if he had told his god to do it?    Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:04:36 AM

I don't generally like the idea that I am going to say now, but it is a reasonably logical idea anyway. This idea is that even if I thought in the direction that God and religion were silly, I would do my best to become a Christian, anyway. Why? Because nobody knows that God does NOT exist. And if He does exist after all, I would NOT want to miss out on salvation. Besides, Christians have a great life these days, even if somehow God did not exist, and even if the grave happened to be final. So, why not attempt to turn and believe in God, just to cover your bet, so to speak.

Cool

What you're talking about is a well know logical fallacy called the Pascal's bet. It was explained by Blaise Pascal, a French philosopher and scientist.
It is wrong in numerous way. First one is: what if God is not the good one? You talk about Jesus and shit but for Muslims if you follow Christian God you're also going to hell. So which God is the good one?

You are very smart. You have a lot of work to do hedging your bet in all the different ways you can think of. I suppose you might go nuts if you tried to hedge your bet all those ways. Maybe you should simply go out and kill yourself with pleasure... "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Cool

Oh it's funny you no longer have an answer here? Grin

Seems like I won over BADecker!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 10:37:54 AM

Why would a theist commit mass murder if he had told his god to do it?    Cheesy

No, you misread: A theist will commit murder if her god has told her to.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:41:12 AM

No, you misread: A theist will commit murder if her god has told her to.

Yeah cause the other way around... Well that would be damn powerful xD
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:28:10 PM

If one sits down and thinks logically for a few minutes then he will have no reason to doubt that God does exist. In peace everybody can feel the existence of God for sure. God lives within us.
After all, look around you, that red rose spewing out perfume, isn't it perfect? how crops grow perfectly, when rain falls, the sun shines, rivers flowing endlessly, surely a human can not have created it. Only God can.

For everything that you call perfect, there is an example of something horrible...

Look at all the variety of diseases... HIV, leprosy, Down's syndrome, etc...

What about cancer?  Is that another one of God's lovely gifts to mankind?

For every flower, there is a thorn or poison ivy... for every cute puppy, there is a crocodile... you can't cherry pick your perfect world... it's far from perfect

My favorite are the mosquitoes... God must have been in a sour mood when he created the mosquito, right?

There was a time that the devil, Satan, was a good angel. In fact, he was one of the best. He walked with God. He was trained in much of the knowledge of God. He was God's friend.

Then Satan corrupted his ways, turned against God, and introduced problems into the world and universe. The problems he introduced should have been enough to destroy the universe. Personally, I think that he was surprised that the universe wasn't destroyed. He had enlisted mankind in this destruction activity, through deception.

Jesus, God's Son, upheld the universe. Jesus gave mankind a second chance. The way Jesus did this was to allow some of Satan's destruction changes to remain. The changes have been converted into good things, that operate well, as bitgolden suggests. But why didn't Jesus completely change things so that there weren't even the least bits of Satan's destruction left?

The reason is that God is creating a New Universe that is far better than this one. This universe will be destroyed - partially a gift to Satan, because this is what Satan wanted in the first place.

The time of life that we have here is a time of salvation for us. It is a time that we have been given to make a choice - will we be on God's side and join Him in the New Universe? or will we go down with Satan at the time of destruction of this universe.

The time of judgement is near. Even if God allows the universe to go on for another 10,000 years, the time of judgement for each of us is near. When is that time of judgement? It is when we die. Why? Because at that time we no longer have any way to change our minds about salvation. We are locked into the things that we believe and understand at the time we die. We are locked into our rejection or acceptance of God, and His method of salvation for us at that time.

Personally, I would rather accept God's salvation for me... salvation into a new universe that is better than this one.

Cool

The only way satan could have introduced evil into the world would have been with God allowing it, since God knows everything.
Then, he allowed some of the changes to remain, even though that wasn't necessary. A word from God and everyting would have been good again. But why upset satan?
So God is creating a "new universe"? God is perfect, why would he have made a first one flawed? Is it a test one? A beta universe? 1.0? God knows everything from the begining to the end of time, so why make it imperfect? To teach us, whichwe weren't even created, a lesson?
Satan does so much evil in the first place and God rewards him with a present of a partially destroyed universe - just like satan wanted?
Not cool.

bonski

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

If one sits down and thinks logically for a few minutes then he will have no reason to doubt that God does exist. In peace everybody can feel the existence of God for sure. God lives within us.
After all, look around you, that red rose spewing out perfume, isn't it perfect? how crops grow perfectly, when rain falls, the sun shines, rivers flowing endlessly, surely a human can not have created it. Only God can.

For everything that you call perfect, there is an example of something horrible...

Look at all the variety of diseases... HIV, leprosy, Down's syndrome, etc...

What about cancer?  Is that another one of God's lovely gifts to mankind?

For every flower, there is a thorn or poison ivy... for every cute puppy, there is a crocodile... you can't cherry pick your perfect world... it's far from perfect

My favorite are the mosquitoes... God must have been in a sour mood when he created the mosquito, right?

Yes God created bad things and good things. Why? Let's refer to these verses:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 (KJV)
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

So, every good and bad things that happened to us God let it happen because He has a reason.
If God let bad things happen to us, He wants to teach us something that you are the only one to explain the lesson that you will learn from it.

So no doubt, God created all things and as a human being we cannot reach His thoughts:
Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
eon89 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:05:42 PM

So there is a reason for all the sorrow, terrible diseases and children dying?

bonski

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:26:54 PM

Yes, there are lot of verses regarding that things but you can also refer to my earlier post as I had explain everything has a reason and God let it happen to us.

God let sorrow,terrible diseases,famine,wars,killings, etc. happen so that people will come to Him because He is the only one that can save us.

And I believe God(God the Father /great I AM /I AM HE)
 (Isaiah 43:10-11 " Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour")

God is Jesus Christ,
He revealed it at John 8:24. He said that
"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

In short, if we don't believe that Jesus Christ is God we will die from our sins. That's why terrible things are happening in many people because they don't come to God. And they're hearts where hard as stone to believe that God is real.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:30:56 PM

Yes, there are lot of verses regarding that things but you can also refer to my earlier post as I had explain everything has a reason and God let it happen to us.

God let sorrow,terrible diseases,famine,wars,killings, etc. happen so that people will come to Him because He is the only one that can save us.

And I believe God(God the Father /great I AM /I AM HE)
 (Isaiah 43:10-11 " Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour")

God is Jesus Christ,
He revealed it at John 8:24. He said that
"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

In short, if we don't believe that Jesus Christ is God we will die from our sins. That's why terrible things are happening in many people because they don't come to God. And they're hearts where hard as stone to believe that God is real.
And why can't he just let people alone and die in peace?
Why does he have to kill babies? Because the babies refused to come to him? --'

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:34:59 PM

So things are only black or white?
"You love Me with all your heart or I will set upon you the most terrible things that come to mind"?
Dude - that's a little extreme.
Then why do we have free will?
It's like the guy that said you can sit on whatever chair you want as long as you stay on this one right here.
It's wrong and makes no sense on too many levels.
Where's the love?

bonski

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:37:24 PM

God doesn't kill babies, but us human beings. God created us with free will as satan has. Yes we know that babies doesn't sin, but God permits something to happen even if its bad because  worst things might occur.

God is a spirit.
John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Satan is also a spirit that encourage people to be bad, to kill and he is the one that brings sorrow,sadness and all terrible things to us.
John 8:44
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the."
eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:46:22 PM

God doesn't kill babies, but us human beings. God created us with free will as satan has. Yes we know that babies doesn't sin, but God permits something to happen even if its bad because  worst things might occur.

So when a child dies from a disease or a malformation it's us that kill it?
Excellent logic.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

Read Psalm 137:9.  Explain the quote.  Please I like to know under what context it is ok to smash your babies against the rocks.

Read the rest of the Bible.  Please.

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:51:32 PM

Read Psalm 137:9.  Explain the quote.  Please I like to know under what context it is ok to smash your babies against the rocks.

No, no. Your interpretation is wrong.
I'm sure that even though is says babies, it actually means coconuts.
It's a common translation error.

bonski

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:51:48 PM

Excellent logic.

And that's a yes, why? When this child was formed from her mothers womb. Who is bringing this baby? Her mother right? And mother is a human being, and if her mother will not take good care of him disease or malformation will happen.  Or let's say pollution gave disease to a child, who makes pollution? Us human being right?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:54:10 PM

Excellent logic.

And that's a yes, why? When this child was formed from her mothers womb. Who is bringing this baby? Her mother right? And mother is a human being, and if her mother will not take good care of him disease or malformation will happen.  Or let's say pollution gave disease to a child, who makes pollution? Us human being right?

Then God doesn't actually *do* anything, does it?

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:56:53 PM

I have no idea what to say to this guy.
Sometimes people say such silly things that it's hard for me to argue rationally.

bonski

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:59:22 PM

He refers to Isaiah's prophecy in Isaiah 13:16 promising good success to Cyrus and Darius, whom ambition moved to fight against Babylon, but God used them as his rods to punish his enemies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: