Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:35:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Islam a religion of Peace?  (Read 10273 times)
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:11:50 AM

This is the debate topic.  Is Islam a Religion of Peace?  I am not starting a poll, because I want the matter determined by clear logic, not by numbers.  And not by quotes of old books. 

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f8nWVWZA
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:00:22 AM

This is the debate topic.  Is Islam a Religion of Peace?  I am not starting a poll, because I want the matter determined by clear logic, not by numbers.  And not by quotes of old books. 

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you want to debate here.  It is rather obvious.

To anyone who says it is a religion of peace, just draw a drawing of a prophet Mohammed raping a 9 year child. See what happens next.

Islam is a religion of piece, piece of you here and another piece over there.

LOL, yeah.

But Muslims insist, over and over, that Islam is peace.  Granted, that's like a religious mantra, which may be true only in certain places or times.  But that's what they say. 

How can these opposite extremes of viewpoints be reconciled, or understood?
clangtrump

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:41:11 AM

Yes it is, the same with christianity and other religions, what matters is how the people help each other and depends on individual perspectives.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:08:51 AM

Thank you.

i am sure all religion in this world is belong to their god and love peace,some people who do anarcy or terrorist just lost their mind to make peace on this wolrd,they potion by evil in their heart.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:52:57 AM

it is not peaceful and can never be made peaceful, the koran is god's final revelation to mankind and nothing in islam is allowed to be changed or modernised. when moderate muslim leaders try and bring progress to their countries for example afghanistan, iraq, libya, syria, they are taken down by traditionalists.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

yes. no dough.
Islam is most feacable  Religion

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:48:25 AM

I think it is.. I'm sure it is. Every religion ought to be. Every God ideation ought to be peaceful. Perhaps it's how other Muslims live it out or the way other people sees Islam that makes the picture of peace in Islam obscured.
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:20:29 PM

Thank you.

The answer is rather obvious.

No religion never ever is a religion of peace. They all explain how you must kill/murder/destroy anyone not of your religion ^^

PARADICE.io

youdamushi

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:21:43 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 01:38:25 PM by youdamushi

it is not peaceful and can never be made peaceful, the koran is god's final revelation to mankind and nothing in islam is allowed to be changed or modernised. when moderate muslim leaders try and bring progress to their countries for example afghanistan, iraq, libya, syria, they are taken down by traditionalists.

And so were Christians 700 years ago...

Again just a question of maturation, so your "can never be made peaceful" is irrelevant.

Christianity was finally transformed, but it took 1700 years to do so.

PARADICE.io

Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:31:01 PM

Yes it is, the same with christianity and other religions, what matters is how the people help each other and depends on individual perspectives.

Please stay on topic.  Christianity and other religions that is all other topic all together.

Pay attention.  We don't need diversions.

Post why do you think Islam is (or not) a religion of peace.

Thanks.  I agree.  This alone is a very interesting subject because of the huge apparent gap between the repeated claims of "Islam is peace" and the reality.
youdamushi

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:39:52 PM

Please stay on topic.  Christianity and other religions that is all other topic all together.

Pay attention.  We don't need diversions.

Post why do you think Islam is (or not) a religion of peace.

Thanks.  I agree.  This alone is a very interesting subject because of the huge apparent gap between the repeated claims of "Islam is peace" and the reality.

People claiming "Islam is Peace" are probably good people so bad islamists ^^

Most people saying that religion is tolerant and peaceful (whatever the religion) are per se bad religious people! Because sacred texts are always extremely violent!!!

PARADICE.io

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:50:25 PM

In my opinion, all religions are religions of peace.
If you read holy books from different religions, you will see that 90 % content is about God, faith, love etc.
We have problem because some religious people abuse the sacred books and religions for their own purposes.
It's wrong and they shouldn't do it.
Through religion we should learn about love and peace, not hate and war.
So, yes, Islam is a religion of peace but not all Muslims are man of peace.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:56:43 PM

In my opinion, all religions are religions of peace.....

Prove it.  Some religions actually are religions of peace, such as the Christian Quaker sect.  Others are not the same.

It is a logical error to claim they are the same, is it not?  And we know that different sects of Islam teach wildly different behavior.  Again, they are not the same.
Ernstew

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:58:29 PM

In the past few weeks, both Russia and the United States have escalated their military campaigns against the Islamic State. As the brutal jihadist group continues to wreak havoc in Syria and Iraq, Foreign Policy’s Peace Channel, a partnership with the United States Institute of Peace, asked United States Institute of Peace acting Vice President Manal Omar, one of the foremost voices on peace and Islam, and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, author of Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now, to debate what is behind this newest breed of extremism, and how can it be defeated. In the age of al Qaeda, the Islamic State, and Boko Haram, is there a link between the violence these groups perpetrate and the faith they profess?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:58:49 PM

And so were Christians 700 years ago...

Again just a question of maturation, so your "can never be made peaceful" is irrelevant.

Christianity was finally transformed, but it took 1700 years to do so.
you don't understand the meaning of "god's final revelation" do you. the koran has primacy over everything that came before and everything that will come after and we know this because it tells us in no uncertain terms.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:36:05 PM

Prove it.  Some religions actually are religions of peace, such as the Christian Quaker sect.  Others are not the same.

It is a logical error to claim they are the same, is it not?  And we know that different sects of Islam teach wildly different behavior.  Again, they are not the same.

Here is my proof:
http://www.worldprayerfoundation.com/resources/World%20Scriptures.pdf
Read it and you will understand my opinion that all religions are religions of peace.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:56:44 PM

Here is my proof:
http://www.worldprayerfoundation.com/resources/World%20Scriptures.pdf
Read it and you will understand my opinion that all religions are religions of peace.

I am descended from practitioners of a religion that does not exist today, but those practitioners engaged in human sacrifice.  Therefore you are wrong. 

Perhaps what you mean to say is that "The religions left existing today, after we exterminated the other ones, all profess to be peaceful religions?"

But that is in itself an admission of religions being violent.

This may be of interest -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_violence
MoneyChanger

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:51:07 PM

This is trick question, maybe they were 100 years before.
But today they preaching jihad and war.
And all that with great support from US..I don't want to remind you who gave  Saddam Hussein a chemical weapons ,and who created Al Qaeda..
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:40:36 PM

This is trick question, maybe they were 100 years before.
But today they preaching jihad and war.
And all that with great support from US..I don't want to remind you who gave  Saddam Hussein a chemical weapons ,and who created Al Qaeda..

A trick question?  So when devout muslims post that "Islam is peace," where is the trickery?  In their heads?  In what they want us to believe?  (And I don't think the US is without fault, for sure...)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:11:41 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 09:21:52 PM by popcorn1

Was any religion a religion of peace?
All religions have gone threw the process of war.Well the 3 main religions have done this.
Islam is like religions from 300 years and past..War war war persecution persecution.
Now that where in the 21st century and science as advanced so much do we need religion any more?.
Did we ever need religion?.

I am sick of hearing about religion all of it. Islam as been no different than other religions crazy?.
Now the migrants they come from the middle east..And most parts of the middle east are still living like 300 years ago so there mentality wont be the same as western values because they have never moved
forward in life.
And only because there rulers have kept there own people in the middle ages by promoting Sharia law
And its all because they want to keep most of the peoples money?.

Now all these Muslims who have been living in the west for the last 30 to 40 years have picked up western values and western law and mix it with ISLAM and cut the bits out of the Koran to suit there
own purpose.
When if they lived in the middle east they would have to follow it by Sharia law?
So when a western Muslim women cry's out about how western people are persecuting the religion of Islam..
And while she is saying that Islam is being persecuted the woman is wearing no veil and looks like she as been born in the west.
And that gets me angry.Because if she lived in the middle east she would be stoned to death for the way she looks
Now how many different types of MUSLIMS are there?
Just like past religions many. And besides killing people for not believing in there faith they would kill people in there own faith for not believing in the way that they believed that faith. CRAZY.And Islam is the only religion left doing this
All the 3 main religions have been and are still doing this and all for something that does not exist Cheesy

So now we need to ask our selves do we want any religion at all Knowing what past religions have done in the name of religion.Because the middle east wants to carry this shit on and only because there rulers want slaves I.E KEEP THE MONEY TO BUY SLAVES.power greed i want to keep it all buck anyone else..
Its nothing to do with Islam well it as BUT what i mean is if it was Christianity Acting like this
which it as acted like Islam I would hate that as much as I hate Islam.
So I am sorry if i offend you but ISLAM is the Middle ages and if you want to live back in the middle ages then i suggest you stay in your own country because we don't want Islam anywhere near our western beliefs
We had this all in the past with CHRISTIANITY WE HAVE MOVED FORWARD TO THE 21ST CENTURY.

And to SAUDI ARABIA..

You go in first not the USA OR UK you..What seems to be the problem why do you want America to go in first for?..
Now these are the Question
point 1 is  ISIS the USA AND UK and that is why they wont go in first? or are the Saudi arabs shit bags?

I think there shit bags but Something STINKS IN THIS WHOLE SITUATION?
And many people from western values see this..WHY DO YOU THINK TRUMPS WINING
BECAUSE TRUMPS TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT THE RICH MAN'S TRICKS..
The religion trick and the war trick. HE KNOWS Grin And so do we?

So is ISLAM A RELIGION OF PEACE SIMPLE ANSWER NO. It was never meant to be its about suppression.
all religion..
So all religion should stay in the past
I just don't want to carry this shit on for another 1000 years i want to fly to the stars.
We would be only for religion.and all because the kings and queens of yesteryear wanted to keep there
POWER? THEY ARE GREEDY..
So are the SAUDI trying to keep that power well sure looks like Grin
Are all top people trying to hang on to power well sure looks like Grin
Be fair and spread some love and money to your people. OR ONE DAY THEY WILL JUST TAKE IT

JUST ASK UK AND FRANCE WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO KINGS AND QUEENS FOR SUPPRESSING THERE OWN  Oliver Cromwell  
I AM GLAD TO BE BRITISH WE STAND AND FIGHT

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: