Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:47:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Islam a religion of Peace?  (Read 10274 times)
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:09:28 PM

This is the debate topic.  Is Islam a Religion of Peace?  I am not starting a poll, because I want the matter determined by clear logic, not by numbers.  And not by quotes of old books. 

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f8nWVWZA
i believe all religions are belong to peace,have a hope to spread peace to all around the world,but sometime part of them use wrong way to make peacness,and its hurt for us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:13:34 PM

This is the debate topic.  Is Islam a Religion of Peace?  I am not starting a poll, because I want the matter determined by clear logic, not by numbers.  And not by quotes of old books.  

Thank you.

i believe all religions are belong to peace,have a hope to spread peace to all around the world,but sometime part of them use wrong way to make peacness,and its hurt for us.

You know, I think that's valid.

If the Muslims posting to this thread would just start out and say something like...

"Yes, we Muslims have big problems.."

I could sympathize with them.  I mean, I am fine with "The USA has big problems." so forth and so on.

But all this denial, lying and stuff gets tedious.  Here are examples.

"Islam is perfect."
"They (murderers, rapists, ISIS, Al Queda, Allah Akbars, on and on ad nauseum) ARE NOT ISLAM!
"They (as above) are Jews in disguise!"
"The Prophet (PBUH) was perfect!"

I'm also tired of all the Takiyya.  A little bit of humility and honesty would truly help.
JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:09:43 AM

Simple answer to the thread title: No. No. NO.

Seriously it is the most dangerous religion I have ever seen.

I hate the argument that a handful of people (referring to radicals) don't represent the religion. Wrong. It's the opposite. Just because a few people, even if it's a majority, believe that Islam is a religion of peace, and practice it peacefully, that doesn't make it peaceful. I know many people who are Muslim and talk to them almost every day when going to work. They're amazing people but they do not represent the entire religion.

Heard about The Rape of Europe? I know you didn't want numbers, so I want bring any into this, but rather I'll be general. German chancellor Angela Merkel has been bringing absurd amounts of "refugees" into Germany. Ever since she did just this, there have been increased murders, rapes, etc. Major crimes being committed. All by "refugees" who are secretly Muslim/Islam and are practicing their faith.

Practicing their faith, you might ask. Of course! Islam is a religion that turns women into tools and doesn't respect them. It makes sure that the women cannot do anything without a man otherwise she will be hurt.

By the way, if you dare do anything while being young that is against your religion (Islam) without understanding it (in Christianity I am referring to sinning) you will be hurt. That's right, your leader will hurt you, send you to eternal damnation for doing something you didn't understand what you were supposed to do - or what was right.

Christianity, what feminists in particular but usually left wing crazies call a dangerous religion, is about respecting a woman. And, the most noteworthy point about the religion, it respects everyone. Killing anyone is a sin. In Islam, you must kill people in the name of "Allah". How peaceful is that? No that much. You do not kill anyone in the name of God, and if you do you will have commit a sin. In Christianity, you are always given a second chance to fix your problems. There have been people who murdered someone, in the Bible, and was still forgiven for it. Of course, you must prove you are A BETTER PERSON (difference between Christians and Muslims) and you will be punished but, in the end, you can still be forgiven.

It's not just Christianity, some other religions are peaceful too, but I talk about this because everyone always assumes us conservatives are Christians and say that we all hate Islam and that OUR religion is dangerous. Well, guess what, in Christianity you are NOT required to kill or rape someone. You need to believe in God and follow his path, respecting everyone, to get to heaven.

So, in the end, no. Islam is NO religion of peace. I have many Muslim friends who ARE peaceful but you have to admit that just because they practice the faith in a peaceful way does not mean that the religion itself is not dangerous. It is dangerous and we must protect ourselves.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:00:16 AM

Simple answer to the thread title: No. No. NO.

Seriously it is the most dangerous religion I have ever seen.

I hate the argument that a handful of people (referring to radicals) don't represent the religion. Wrong. It's the opposite. Just because a few people, even if it's a majority, believe that Islam is a religion of peace, and practice it peacefully, that doesn't make it peaceful. I know many people who are Muslim and talk to them almost every day when going to work. They're amazing people but they do not represent the entire religion.

Heard about The Rape of Europe? I know you didn't want numbers, so I want bring any into this, but rather I'll be general. German chancellor Angela Merkel has been bringing absurd amounts of "refugees" into Germany. Ever since she did just this, there have been increased murders, rapes, etc. Major crimes being committed. All by "refugees" who are secretly Muslim/Islam and are practicing their faith.

Practicing their faith, you might ask. Of course! Islam is a religion that turns women into tools and doesn't respect them. It makes sure that the women cannot do anything without a man otherwise she will be hurt.

By the way, if you dare do anything while being young that is against your religion (Islam) without understanding it (in Christianity I am referring to sinning) you will be hurt. That's right, your leader will hurt you, send you to eternal damnation for doing something you didn't understand what you were supposed to do - or what was right.

Christianity, what feminists in particular but usually left wing crazies call a dangerous religion, is about respecting a woman. And, the most noteworthy point about the religion, it respects everyone. Killing anyone is a sin. In Islam, you must kill people in the name of "Allah". How peaceful is that? No that much. You do not kill anyone in the name of God, and if you do you will have commit a sin. In Christianity, you are always given a second chance to fix your problems. There have been people who murdered someone, in the Bible, and was still forgiven for it. Of course, you must prove you are A BETTER PERSON (difference between Christians and Muslims) and you will be punished but, in the end, you can still be forgiven.

It's not just Christianity, some other religions are peaceful too, but I talk about this because everyone always assumes us conservatives are Christians and say that we all hate Islam and that OUR religion is dangerous. Well, guess what, in Christianity you are NOT required to kill or rape someone. You need to believe in God and follow his path, respecting everyone, to get to heaven.

So, in the end, no. Islam is NO religion of peace. I have many Muslim friends who ARE peaceful but you have to admit that just because they practice the faith in a peaceful way does not mean that the religion itself is not dangerous. It is dangerous and we must protect ourselves.
Same here.  I do not know personally any Muslims who would lie to me, or even exaggerate about their religion.  Although they may be silent about it, if I ask question I will get truthful answer.

Apparently not on this forum.
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:59:32 AM

If Islam was a religion of peace you could criticize it without fear of getting hurt.
Maybe some people, somewhere think that it is a religion of peace, I personally think that the only religion of peace is Buddhism, all the other religions can be trouble.

RE:
Is Islam a religion of peace?
There is absolutely nothing peaceful about Islam. On the contrary, Islam encourages violence. Virtually every Muslim loses his mind and tries to hurt or threaten to hurt others or atleast feel like hu...
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:12:50 PM

This is the debate topic.  Is Islam a Religion of Peace?  I am not starting a poll, because I want the matter determined by clear logic, not by numbers.  And not by quotes of old books. 

Thank you.

The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:54:43 PM

Yes, Islam is the religion of Peace. Islam DOES NOT hate people at all, of any kind. Islam likes peace & harmony. Islam likes equality.

Anyone who claims others life by saying that it's an order of Islam, they are idiots. They are just trying to blacken the name of Islam, nothing else. Our beloved Prophet, our beloved Holy Quran, all taught us to keep friendship in the world.

Even Quran itself believes in Bible, but at the same time it tells us that it's not in it's true condition in which God gave it to Jesus Christ. The teachings of Quran and Bible match a lot, if you don't believe me, go and read both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_and_Quranic_narratives

According to Quran:

"Your way is yours, and my way is mine"

"For you your religion, for me my religion"
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:19:25 PM

My view on all things is: don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. I will leave it at that.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:04:37 PM

Yes, Islam is the religion of Peace. Islam DOES NOT hate people at all, of any kind. Islam likes peace & harmony. Islam likes equality.

Sort of like the peace our US President Nobel Peace Prize Obama practices?

lol...
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:24:18 PM

lol...

No, not that sort of, I can assure you, really. But I don't think you are gonna accept my assurance. Roll Eyes
JustDie

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:17:51 PM

My view on all things is: don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. I will leave it at that.

you must listen them and take the positive not negative .

Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:18:59 PM

lol...

No, not that sort of, I can assure you, really. But I don't think you are gonna accept my assurance. Roll Eyes

Yeah, somehow I just couldn't resist bringing that up.  Weirdest of worlds we have, isn't it?
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 12:23:58 PM

Islam is a religion of peace. Only few of the religious followers involve in violence which affects the entire religion.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:16:35 PM

Islam is a religion of peace. Only few of the religious followers involve in violence which affects the entire religion.

Well, yeah.  And that means that if you are a Muslim, male, between the ages of 15 and 50, you should and will be treated as a possible violent jihadist.

It's likely too much to expect that others understand or care about sunni/shiite/salafi differences and such.

But my personal interest in starting this thread was to ask the question "Is religion a religion of peace?"

A personal belief or assertion that it is, as you have made, is not a proof....

Maybe my question then should be this.

IS Islam a religion of peace, or SHOULD Islam be a religion of peace?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: