Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408614 times)
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:53:42 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2019, 07:02:54 PM by clockuniverse

Updated 3.5.19

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:00:31 AM

But how do i make a shitton of money off this though ?
cos if that's not part of the ...

yeah i'll just leave now, bye

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:55:20 AM

But how do i make a shitton of money off this though ?
cos if that's not part of the ...

yeah i'll just leave now, bye

The foundation isn't really about that.  It is more about creating a viable alternative to fiat currency.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

jolskeboll

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:42:44 PM

I know this coin has been a long time on vircurex and it seems to gain some momentum. Just had to buy in a little and see how things develop Smiley So, I wish you good luck and if you manage to get the coin to some Chinese market, it'll multifold in value.

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:09:10 PM

Terracoin 1.0

Any goal marked as “Community” needs the help of the community to accomplish.

Immediate

Community: Get someone to post a link to announcement on outdated facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Terracoin-249886575155155/?fref=ts
Community: Everyone should email Vircurex to have them add TRC to their interest payout - customerservice@vircurex.com
Update sidebar on Reddit subredit - www.reddit.com/r/Terracoin/
Discussion: Ways to not repeat the past security mistakes
Discussion: Find someone with the above logo media pack, or have a new logo created
Find reliable developer who can update the TRC wallet to the current BCT XT code with the TRC flavors (and any security issues we find in the above discussion) – Windows, Mac and Android.

Done.
Community: Get someone to post a link to announcement on outdated facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Terracoin-249886575155155/?fref=ts

Also posted Terracoin info on my page https://www.facebook.com/EarnWinCash/

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 11:54:41 PM

Done.

Also posted Terracoin info on my page https://www.facebook.com/EarnWinCash/

Thanks TimC!  Day one we already have accomplished something!

I started a new discussion on reddit about security.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Terracoin/comments/45tp2n/ways_to_improve_the_security_on_terracoin/

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 02:56:57 AM

I have added some "tasks" to the OP, and change the priority on other tasks.

For example, finding a developer has become the most immediate task.

I also rearranged the order of the completed tasks.  I changed it from oldest first to newest first.  As time passes I will delete the oldest completed tasks so that the OP doesn't becoming nevering ending.

If you know of someone interested in joining the TRC Foundation as the primary developer have them contact me on here or Reddit (clockuniverse on both).  In order to avoid the Cryptsy/Lucky7coin debacle we would need some references.

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

poblico

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:18:56 AM

Excellent idea TRC is a coin with great features.
I'm gonna head to vircurex to get me some as we speak.

Can I suggest adding http://www.crypzo.com to the list as a web wallet?
gioma

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

???

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:26:24 AM

Are you sure you want to give your coins to some unknown online wallet? Grin
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:07:33 PM

Good to see this coin getting some overdue attention & hopefully some updates  Smiley

For even better stability/security, I suggest making the coin merge minable?

Are there any TRC p2pool nodes out there? I'm trying to set one up but am unable to find any nodes to download the p2pool sharechain from.
poblico

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:22:47 PM

Are you sure you want to give your coins to some unknown online wallet? Grin

You are absolutely right  Cheesy  it's new (still) and needs time for the community to gain trust.
However it soft launched a few month ago, and there should be an announce soon.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 02:42:15 AM

Thanks, Poblico!

Sadly, because of past security issues and scams that have involved TRC we have decided to not add any services or websites that haven't been thoroughly vetted by community members.  I have added you to my personal list of future community discussions and once those discussions have happened we will happily add you to the OP and the reddit side bar.

I am not picking on his website; this basically goes for everyone.

TRC has suffered from so many issues that we have decided to be very cautious about everything.

Feel free to ask for your service or website to be added and I will add you to my personal list of tasks, which then go to the foundation, then to community discussion.

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 02:48:15 AM

Good to see this coin getting some overdue attention & hopefully some updates  Smiley

For even better stability/security, I suggest making the coin merge minable?

Are there any TRC p2pool nodes out there? I'm trying to set one up but am unable to find any nodes to download the p2pool sharechain from.

Yes, updates are the main priority right now.

Recently I was under the impression that merge mining made it look like the coin had already failed, what do you think?

These are supposed to be p2pool nodes:

http://miner-control.de:8000/getting_started - Pooled Mining and P2Pool Node (German)
http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8932/static/ - P2Pool Node

Tell me if they work and if not I will remove them from the OP and Reddit sidebar immediately.

The foundation is looking for a volunteer mining expert...

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

phatkiller

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:27:06 AM

Yes, updates are the main priority right now.

Recently I was under the impression that merge mining made it look like the coin had already failed, what do you think?

http://miner-control.de:8000/getting_started - Pooled Mining and P2Pool Node (German)

Tell me if they work and if not I will remove them from the OP and Reddit sidebar immediately.

The foundation is looking for a volunteer mining expert...

Merge mining doesnt necessarily kill a coin, I believe NMC and DVC can be merge mined with Bitcoin and they are still around and kicking.  Making TRC merge mineable could help attract miners/pools.  I'm gonna have to fire up some miners now before something like that happens lol difficulty will go through the roof.

I also like the idea of incorporating POS that would bring back all those large wallet holders into the community more nodes, faster transaction processing time, not depending on POW.

poblico

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:51:49 AM

Thanks, Poblico!

Sadly, because of past security issues and scams that have involved TRC we have decided to not add any services or websites that haven't been thoroughly vetted by community members.  I have added you to my personal list of future community discussions and once those discussions have happened we will happily add you to the OP and the reddit side bar.

I am not picking on his website; this basically goes for everyone.

That's fine and understandable.

I think for TRC the most important thing is to find a dev that can merge it with a maintained crypto (if I had some time I could look at doing it myself).
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:41:44 PM

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Some of the oldest coins in crypto are merge mined: NMC, IXC (mining completed), I0C, DVC, CLC, GRP, XGG to name a few, plus more recently UNO, MYR, CRW, HUC, RICHX, WLC etc have all adopted merge mining. With BTC diff going through the roof, miners are looking for ways of providing much needed income & merge mining not only provides this, but also introduces them to other altcoins as well as providing those coins with the security of large hash rates. I'm not aware of a single altcoin that has failed due to merge mining, in fact the opposite is true - it provides stability & a firm user base to build on.

As far as POS is concerned, POS coins come & go every other day for a reason.

Miner control doesn't mine TRC & I'm unable to connect my node to e-pool. I noticed they are using an old version of p2pool for their node, so tried using the same version but to no avail. I've also tried using the latest p2pool version as well as the rav fork, but still am unable to connect to any nodes to download the sharechain. Maybe a PM to forrestv (p2pool dev) would provide more info - but I fear it's a wallet issue, not a p2pool one.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:37:54 AM

I also like the idea of incorporating POS that would bring back all those large wallet holders into the community more nodes, faster transaction processing time, not depending on POW.

I like POS coins as well, but there are a lot of HUGE wallets out there which would benefit way more then smaller wallets.  Let's push that discussion off for a while.  I feel like we could get side tracked just discussion that option and never get anything accomplished.  It is on the list of late tasks in the OP so we won't forget about it!

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Some of the oldest coins in crypto are merge mined: NMC, IXC (mining completed), I0C, DVC, CLC, GRP, XGG to name a few, plus more recently UNO, MYR, CRW, HUC, RICHX, WLC etc have all adopted merge mining. With BTC diff going through the roof, miners are looking for ways of providing much needed income & merge mining not only provides this, but also introduces them to other altcoins as well as providing those coins with the security of large hash rates. I'm not aware of a single altcoin that has failed due to merge mining, in fact the opposite is true - it provides stability & a firm user base to build on.

As far as POS is concerned, POS coins come & go every other day for a reason.

I was reading random bitcointalk threads to see what other coins were doing and I probably just came to an ill-informed conclusion.  PhatKiller and you seem to be in agreement here.  From what I understand merge mining does cause a kind of symbiotic relationship with the other coin.  What coin were you guys thinking about?  BTC?  If say, we decided to merge mine with a coin and it failed would we have to hard fork again to switch to another merge mined coin?

Miner control doesn't mine TRC & I'm unable to connect my node to e-pool. I noticed they are using an old version of p2pool for their node, so tried using the same version but to no avail. I've also tried using the latest p2pool version as well as the rav fork, but still am unable to connect to any nodes to download the sharechain. Maybe a PM to forrestv (p2pool dev) would provide more info - but I fear it's a wallet issue, not a p2pool one.

I removed those pools from the OP and Reddit.  Thanks for checking it out.  Even more reason to update this wallet!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:48:31 AM

Does anyone have the time to be the TRC Foundation's official tweeter?  I feel very lackadaisical about twitter but it needs to be done.  PM me, or just start tweeting!  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

p3yot33at3r

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:29:41 AM

What coin were you guys thinking about?  BTC?   If say, we decided to merge mine with a coin and it failed would we have to hard fork again to switch to another merge mined coin?

When a coin is merge minable, the user can choose almost any SHA256 coin to mine it with, not just BTC. So no, if any coin fails it makes no difference to TRC.
poblico

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:59:05 AM

What coin were you guys thinking about?  BTC?   If say, we decided to merge mine with a coin and it failed would we have to hard fork again to switch to another merge mined coin?

When a coin is merge minable, the user can choose almost any SHA256 coin to mine it with, not just BTC. So no, if any coin fails it makes no difference to TRC.

Hi can you point to some good guide on merge mining?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: