Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:44:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408656 times)
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 02:46:38 PM

An important question. If the wallet is updated for TRC and vircurex does not update it, will we still be able to withdraw our coins to the updated wallet?

The new wallet will be a hard fork, which means that there will basically be a popularity contest.  We will need to get 51% of everyone switched to the new wallet for the coins used on the new wallet to be legitimate.  Once we are in the testing phase of the new wallet we will be aggressively warning everyone that a new wallet is going to appear and that they need to update their wallet when it comes out.

If for some reason Vircurex absolutely refuses to update their wallet and we get 51% of everyone else to update theirs then TRC on Vircurex will no longer be valid.  The coins on there will not be any coin.  I seriously doubt that will happen though.  So far everyone I have talked with eagerly welcome a new wallet.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

jolskeboll

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:27:48 AM

An important question. If the wallet is updated for TRC and vircurex does not update it, will we still be able to withdraw our coins to the updated wallet?

The new wallet will be a hard fork, which means that there will basically be a popularity contest.  We will need to get 51% of everyone switched to the new wallet for the coins used on the new wallet to be legitimate.  Once we are in the testing phase of the new wallet we will be aggressively warning everyone that a new wallet is going to appear and that they need to update their wallet when it comes out.

If for some reason Vircurex absolutely refuses to update their wallet and we get 51% of everyone else to update theirs then TRC on Vircurex will no longer be valid.  The coins on there will not be any coin.  I seriously doubt that will happen though.  So far everyone I have talked with eagerly welcome a new wallet.

Two things here:

1) The vircurex staff is quite slow when it comes to performing actions. For example, the whole wallet service was down for a month until it was noticed (maybe staff was on holiday). However, they DO work on things, it's just that it feels like they are not responding to mails. Have you got any response from them lately?

2) How would it in practice work to switch to a newer wallet? Assuming vircurex would not update their wallet, is the only option to withdraw to an OWN wallet of the older version (probably downloadable somewhere) and then update that one? What about Cryptopia now, if they add TRC, I presume it'll be the old wallet(?) - if that's the case, then withdrawing from vircurex straight to Cryptipia while they are still on the old wallet would be the easiest solution, right? And lastly, why would any coins be lost in the process as you could at any point use the old own wallet to withdraw to and update it if needed? I'm a bit confused about these things

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:03:56 PM

get Terra listed on cryptopia Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
craslovell
Legendary

Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:59:05 PM

The logo design bounty thread has been updated. Donations have now totaled 17,450 TRC!

If anyone would like to give a shot at designing one for the contest, head over to the thread here.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.0

Easy way to earn yourself a nice chunk of TerraCoin.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 11:21:37 PM

Two things here:

1) The vircurex staff is quite slow when it comes to performing actions. For example, the whole wallet service was down for a month until it was noticed (maybe staff was on holiday). However, they DO work on things, it's just that it feels like they are not responding to mails. Have you got any response from them lately?

2) How would it in practice work to switch to a newer wallet? Assuming vircurex would not update their wallet, is the only option to withdraw to an OWN wallet of the older version (probably downloadable somewhere) and then update that one? What about Cryptopia now, if they add TRC, I presume it'll be the old wallet(?) - if that's the case, then withdrawing from vircurex straight to Cryptipia while they are still on the old wallet would be the easiest solution, right? And lastly, why would any coins be lost in the process as you could at any point use the old own wallet to withdraw to and update it if needed? I'm a bit confused about these things

1. I haven't gotten a response.  I think Vircurex may just be one dude which is why they are so slow to respond to change.  Once the new wallet is in the testing phase then I will create a new community task to have everyone email and warn Vircurex to update the wallet.  I think with enough emails they will be made aware.  I would recommend removing all of your TRC to a local wallet before that time.  It is really in Vircurex's best interest to update the wallet, so I don't think they will willingly not update their wallet.

2. The old wallet is linked to in this OP.  To switch to a new wallet you should just be able to download the new wallet client and replace it.  Always back up your wallet.dat file first.  I actually back up my wallet.dat file (renamed) to a cloud backup service as well.  I am going to update the poll today or tomorrow to ask the question about adding to Cryptopia.  We have around 3 million DOT donated to get us added to Cryptopia but it might be better to wait until we have the new wallet.  I sent Cryptopia a support request asking if we should wait, and if we could get in on their 500k Cryptsy crash cheaper add.  I have not heard back yet, but if they agree I will sell the left over 2.5 million DOT that has been donated and buy TRC to be added to the logo bounty.

You should not lose any coins by updating the wallet (when it happens).  You only could lose coins by staying with the old wallet.  Since everything is peer to peer once 51% of the people have switched to the new wallet your old wallet just won't work so all of the coins in there will not be accepted by other wallets until you update it.  I am not sure if I answered your questions.  Tell me what I missed.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 05:44:17 PM

Looks like Coinplorer went out of sync yesterday, contacted them to have them take a look.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 11:59:54 PM

Looks like Coinplorer went out of sync yesterday, contacted them to have them take a look.

Thanks for contacting them.  After you posted I noticed that this one: https://bitinfocharts.com/terracoin/explorer/ was outdated by about a year so I contacted them too.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:15:24 AM

I contacted the creator of this Terracoin Android Wallet and he said he would be happy to help us with android development!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.terracoinwallet

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:16:47 AM

I contacted the creator of this Terracoin Android Wallet and he said he would be happy to help us with android development!

Good stuff, is the current version "up to date" and functional?
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:48:45 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 02:27:23 AM by clockuniverse

I just installed it on a phone and it seems to work fine.  It even has a few better options than the Windows wallet.  The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is it can't load current exchange rates.  I will tell the developer.

I update the poll at the top of the page.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 12:01:27 AM

Donation updates:

We are currently at 4,232,983/5,000,000 DOT to get on Cryptopia.  Thanks to the most recent big donation!

We are currently at 27,440 TRC for the new Logo Bounty.  We are almost to a 100 USD for the bounty.  Thanks everyone for the donations!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 04:02:57 AM

At the risk of Cryptopia being branded as supporters of Terrarism... We'll list TRC for the DOT you've raised so far; I'm gonna throw in a free tipping slot for the hell of it, thanks guys for your interest in our site.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 04:18:02 AM

At the risk of Cryptopia being branded as supporters of Terrarism... We'll list TRC for the DOT you've raised so far; I'm gonna throw in a free tipping slot for the hell of it, thanks guys for your interest in our site.

No problem!  I opened a support ticket on Cryptopia that is still showing as new.  You can close that ticket, though, in that ticket I did ask if you would rather we wait till the new wallet is out, or just add now?  We are not sure when the new wallet will be released but we are trying for a month from now.

Our current total of DOT is 4,519,119.

How do we accept this offer?  Just put in the vote?

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 04:34:47 AM

If you already have it on site, just do a transfer to the chathandle Hex, we can add now or wait till the new version is ready, up to you.

Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:33:47 AM

Sweet! another one of my favorite coins listed on Cryptopia.
 Grin
poblico

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:24:00 AM

No problem!  I opened a support ticket on Cryptopia that is still showing as new.  You can close that ticket, though, in that ticket I did ask if you would rather we wait till the new wallet is out, or just add now?  We are not sure when the new wallet will be released but we are trying for a month from now.

Our current total of DOT is 4,519,119.

How do we accept this offer?  Just put in the vote?

If the updated wallet is a hard fork it probably better to wait I'd say, even though however they may be quick in updating the new wallet.
We need 5 mil DOT to register right?

poblico

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:25:18 AM

You can also use https://www.coinvault.io/ (I am the founder) to store TRC.
I'll be very quick to update when we release the new desktop wallet.
jolskeboll

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:29:02 AM

If you already have it on site, just do a transfer to the chathandle Hex, we can add now or wait till the new version is ready, up to you.

Please add now, then I can withdraw some coins from vircurex immediately <3

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 01:25:58 PM

Awesome! Haha, "Terrarism" love it
TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 02:09:50 AM

TRC is now live on Cryptopia, and tipping enabled.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: