Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:52:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408656 times)
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:20:29 AM

I have emailed coinwarz twice and heard nothing back, though they don't really know who I am.  They just delisted TRC on 2/8/16 (http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/terracoin).  I imagine with Cryptsy going down that was their reasoning.

Maybe if enough people email them they will relist it?

It looks like Bitbar has been delisted for almost a year.  Why do you think they do that?
I don't know. Maybe someone will put up a new site with more coins so it would be useful.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 02:26:19 AM

I have emailed coinwarz twice and heard nothing back, though they don't really know who I am.  They just delisted TRC on 2/8/16 (http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/terracoin).  I imagine with Cryptsy going down that was their reasoning.

It looks like Bitbar has been delisted for almost a year.  Why do you think they do that?
I don't know. Maybe someone will put up a new site with more coins so it would be useful.

I looked at their FAQ.  It says:

"Most importantly, the cryptocurrency trade volume in Bitcoin (BTC) must be at least 1 BTC for the last 24 hours to even be considered."

That is going to knock out most coins.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:31:29 AM

I looked at their FAQ.  It says:

"Most importantly, the cryptocurrency trade volume in Bitcoin (BTC) must be at least 1 BTC for the last 24 hours to even be considered."

That is going to knock out most coins.
One one coin (litecoin) is at least 1BTC / 24hr on Cryptopia.
Never mind - I'll do it myself.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:50:44 AM

Yeah, it is a pretty high standard for the lesser known cryptocoins, or for cryptocoins that are trying to be revived from the dead (such as TRC).
I am not sure what their cost is to have smaller cryptocoins on there, nor do I know their reasoning.
In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps there are so many cryptocoins that it would be impossible to upkeep a website with so many constantly changing coins.
I am not going to worry about it, and I don't think you should either.
One day both Terracoin and Bitbar will be on there.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:01:40 AM

Yeah, it is a pretty high standard for the lesser known cryptocoins, or for cryptocoins that are trying to be revived from the dead (such as TRC).
I am not sure what their cost is to have smaller cryptocoins on there, nor do I know their reasoning.
In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps there are so many cryptocoins that it would be impossible to upkeep a website with so many constantly changing coins.
I'm not worried about it, I just need a tool to help me decide where to aim my miners.
Besides - I think it will be fun to make one   Smiley
jolskeboll

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:17:13 AM

Well... Trade volume can be faked by selling and buying own orders (if one wants to spend about 0.004 BTC per day), but if that's ethically correct is up to you. That happened at Cryptsy with the XPY too...

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
poblico

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:21:15 PM

I'd like to check interest about enabling Terracoin as a sidechain, to accept pegged transaction from bitcoin.
Effectively to enable TRC to add transactions form another blockchain.

If possible there will then be two types of transactions on Terracoin regular and those which are imported (those can be send back to btc)
I am just getting familiarized with sidechains however I think its a promising idea.

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:14:47 AM

I'm not worried about it, I just need a tool to help me decide where to aim my miners.

Why not use multipools for that?

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:21:49 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 02:46:10 AM by clockuniverse

Well... Trade volume can be faked by selling and buying own orders (if one wants to spend about 0.004 BTC per day), but if that's ethically correct is up to you. That happened at Cryptsy with the XPY too...

That is a good point.

I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supporters of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:23:30 AM

I'd like to check interest about enabling Terracoin as a sidechain, to accept pegged transaction from bitcoin.
Effectively to enable TRC to add transactions form another blockchain.

If possible there will then be two types of transactions on Terracoin regular and those which are imported (those can be send back to btc)
I am just getting familiarized with sidechains however I think its a promising idea.

Bitcoin can be our sidechain.

Note:  I cannot tell if 3 posts replying with quotes is better or worse than 1 really long confusing post.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:29:25 AM

I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supports of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.
Statement also signed by me, as dev for Bitbar, about Bitbar
Spidersbox
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:49:16 AM

Why not use multipools for that?
I like to have more control over the coins I'm mining. some of the coins that the multipools mine .. I don't want, and I don't want to deal with selling them, or getting bitcoin.
Besides, I like coding, and figuring out how to do it.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:53:07 AM

I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supporters of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.
Statement also signed by me, as dev for Bitbar, about Bitbar
Spidersbox

I assumed you were on the same page.   Smiley

About the multipools, it totally makes sense to have control of what coins you are mining.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:28:12 PM

The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 01:49:17 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 02:33:06 AM by clockuniverse

I wouldn't trust downloading a Linux binary file.

Can you post instructions on how to compile the wallet on Linux instead?

Yeah i understand your doubt, so i deleted my last post with the wallet link

Here the instructions : (put "sudo" if permission denied)

Dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libtool autotools-dev autoconf automake libssl-dev libboost-all-dev  libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libdb-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libssl-dev git

Clone and compile:
Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0/src
Code:
make -f makefile.unix

To make the qt wallet:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

-LinuxCompiler

I had an old laptop from work that I was going to recycle but I then decided it was the perfect machine to install Linux on.  I installed OpenSUSE: Leap on it.  I skipped the first step that you suggested just to see if it came with the dependencies required.

The second step worked perfectly but the third step didn't work at all.  I imagine that is because I didn't download the dependencies.

Once I get a wiki page working on the website I want to write a tutorial with screenshots, etc for that.  When I am ready can you help me with that?  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:02:07 AM

I remember mining this coin on Radeon 5830's!  Is it really going to come back?  Might have to put my Neptune back to work. Cheesy
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 11:10:57 PM

I remember mining this coin on Radeon 5830's!  Is it really going to come back?  Might have to put my Neptune back to work. Cheesy

It is really coming back!!  We have one developer looking over the code now.  If you know of anyone who wants to help out feel free to have either PM me or post on here or Reddit.  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:21:50 AM

Really great to hear.  This was one of the first "altcoins" that I had interest in.  I will make sure I have a full node up. Wink
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 03:05:53 AM

Really great to hear.  This was one of the first "altcoins" that I had interest in.  I will make sure I have a full node up. Wink

Smiley TRC is also the first altcoin that I got interested in.
Because of that I started the TRC Foundation.
Just to be clear, I am not the original developer, but we are going to release a new wallet when we have figured out all of the eccentricities the original developer put in.

I went from 22 nodes to 35 in the past month of announcing the new foundation.

You should fire up that miner and try out the listed mining pools!  We always like input from miners on how well the mining pools work.  Post on here or PM me if they don't work.

Also, if you see outdated info on any website in regards to Terracoin either send them an email or post on here or PM me.

We are running a logo contest so that when it is done it is pretty obvious which sites are outdated.

Thanks man!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

jolskeboll

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:32:49 AM

The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20

Wow, will be hard to vote Cheesy

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: