Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408650 times)
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:32:29 PM

Fix applied, DGW had kicked in too early

Ahmed
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:35:18 PM

I created p2pool for terracoin mining, so if anyone need, can join. Location EU.

http://terracoin.hashpool.eu:9322/

Please update pool list.

We are about to release a new wallet, so once that happens everyone will have to update their mining wallets.  Once that is done I will be happy to add your p2pool to the list.

How soon will the new wallet be released? Thanks
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:58:25 PM

I created p2pool for terracoin mining, so if anyone need, can join. Location EU.

http://terracoin.hashpool.eu:9322/

Please update pool list.

We are about to release a new wallet, so once that happens everyone will have to update their mining wallets.  Once that is done I will be happy to add your p2pool to the list.

How soon will the new wallet be released? Thanks
will be waiting for this info too, i think we needed to know when or if there's already a target time frame for this new wallet to be launch
thanks in advance dev.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 06:08:53 PM

will be waiting for this info too, i think we needed to know when or if there's already a target time frame for this new wallet to be launch
thanks in advance dev.

It could be today.  I am syncing my test wallet right now.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:17:02 PM

thanks in advance dev.

I'm going on vacation for a week and am wondering if I can leave my miner pointed at the old wallet or not.
I'd hate to be wasting hash on orphans.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 06:23:06 PM

I'm going on vacation for a week and am wondering if I can leave my miner pointed at the old wallet or not.

The old wallet will work for at least 15 days.  We are deciding right now if we should push the hard fork date out to give more people a chance to update their wallet.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:28:37 PM

The old wallet will work for at least 15 days.  We are deciding right now if we should push the hard fork date out to give more people a chance to update their wallet.
Nice. a whole week of Terracoin mining  Cheesy
I'll update when I get  back. - hopefully NOMP and MPOS will work with the new wallet - hopefully it's not going to based off of the ppcoin clones ....
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 06:34:30 PM

I'll update when I get  back. - hopefully NOMP and MPOS will work with the new wallet - hopefully it's not going to based off of the ppcoin clones ....

It is has been updated to the bitcoin .12.1 code and has merged mining and DGW added.  So it has some common genetics with DASH and Namecoin.  I don't know what ppcoin is.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:43:15 PM

It is has been updated to the bitcoin .12.1 code and has merged mining and DGW added.  So it has some common genetics with DASH and Namecoin.  I don't know what ppcoin is.
ppcoin =peercoin [PPC]  quite a few of the newer coins are clones of it, and they don't work well with NOMP pools.
Don't think NOMP works well with merged mining coins either - mostly because NOMP uses getblocktemplate, and that RPC call has been removed in merge mining coins.

That's a pool's problem to deal with I guess. (and mine in a week or so)
No worries ..
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 06:58:06 PM

ppcoin =peercoin [PPC]  quite a few of the newer coins are clones of it, and they don't work well with NOMP pools.
Don't think NOMP works well with merged mining coins either - mostly because NOMP uses getblocktemplate, and that RPC call has been removed in merge mining coins.

No worries ..

Ahh, I have never heard anyone call peercoin ppcoin.   Smiley  Peercoin has POS and we don't plan on adding POS to Terracoin right now (probably never, though I like the concept of POS I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how it is implemented, I will put this on my mental list for future discussion).

When the merged mining kicks in all miners will need to use getblockaux instead of getblocktemplate.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:04:29 PM

No worries ..

Ahh, I have never heard anyone call peercoin ppcoin.   Smiley  Peercoin has POS and we don't plan on adding POS to Terracoin right now (probably never, though I like the concept of POS I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how it is implemented, I will put this on my mental list for future discussion).

When the merged mining kicks in all miners will need to use getblockaux instead of getblocktemplate.
ppcoind is the daemon - and I like saying ppcoin, it makes me smile   Cheesy
kdsmith18542

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

thefudpool.com|kdsmith18542@gmail.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:14:40 PM

No worries ..

i have had luck using the stratum-mining software with peercoin clones in mpos and use unomp for the others.Since you have to use a separate stratum for each coin its easy to setup its the same stratum they use in the getting started guide on the php-mpos wiki

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:26:59 PM

i have had luck using the stratum-mining software with peercoin clones in mpos and use unomp for the others.Since you have to use a separate stratum for each coin its easy to setup its the same stratum they use in the getting started guide on the php-mpos wiki
I've used that guide last year and had 6 coins going on my pool, it's only recently that I changed to using NOMP as the stratum.

Yesterday I played around with the stratum-mining and one of the clones (808 coin) and could never connect to the stratum, although the stratum was running with no errors.
Figure I'll mess with it some more when I get back from vacation - and see if I run into the same problem with Terracoin.
kdsmith18542

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:30:40 PM

i couldnt get 808 to work right either but PX is a ppc clone and it worked fine i guess its hit and miss

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:32:50 PM

i couldnt get 808 to work right either but PX is a ppc clone and it worked fine i guess its hit and miss
nice to know I'm not the only one with 808 issues  Smiley
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:02:02 PM

nice to know I'm not the only one with 808 issues  Smiley

I got the same problem in nomp pool so i leaved this coin for others))

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 12:18:00 AM

We aren't a peercoin clone, so this issue may not be an issue when the hard fork happens.  Getting merged mining to work on your p2pool should be a huge bonus over just any other coin because you can mine two coins at once.

I am doing one final test compile and should have news tomorrow about the wallet.  Thanks for everyone being so patient.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:14:29 AM

We aren't a peercoin clone, so this issue may not be an issue when the hard fork happens.  Getting merged mining to work on your p2pool should be a huge bonus over just any other coin because you can mine two coins at once.

I am doing one final test compile and should have news tomorrow about the wallet.  Thanks for everyone being so patient.

Great news dev.. hopefully TRC will get back its much needed attention finally Smiley
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 02:36:11 AM

Great news dev.. hopefully TRC will get back its much needed attention finally Smiley

Yep!  Hopefully that all starts tomorrow...

EDIT: Ahmed (mrbodz) has done all of the heavy lifting with the code.  I just run the Terracoin Foundation.

The new wallet seems to work great.  I pushed the hard fork date out to block 833,000 which is about a month from now.  I have also contacted our Window's exe guy so I should have Window's exes in the next couple of days.

If you want to test it out here is a link: https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin

I am not going to post about the mandatory wallet update until we have the Window's exes and at least a day has passed.  I spoke too soon once before...

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:52:50 AM

Yep!  Hopefully that all starts tomorrow...

EDIT: Ahmed (mrbodz) has done all of the heavy lifting with the code.  I just run the Terracoin Foundation.

The new wallet seems to work great.  I pushed the hard fork date out to block 833,000 which is about a month from now.  I have also contacted our Window's exe guy so I should have Window's exes in the next couple of days.

If you want to test it out here is a link: https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin

I am not going to post about the mandatory wallet update until we have the Window's exes and at least a day has passed.  I spoke too soon once before...

Thanks I will try it out Smiley Opps I need window binaries for that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: