Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408625 times)
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

If so, maybe we need several permanent seed dns servers and hard code.

I agree that we need several permanent seed nodes.  Ahmed (mrbodz) has been very generous by hosting the seed nodes for a while.  I do have a really old server that can host a permanent node, but my internet prevents me from having a static IP.  I would have to have a redirect which isn't the best option.

Mrbodz did suggest that we (The Terracoin Foundation) pay for a cloud server to cover such issues and he was willing to implement other features if we did.  Obviously for a price.

The community needs to raise bitcoins for this.  I may run The Terracoin Foundation, but nothing can be done without the help of the community.

One of the reasons I took control of Terracoin was because I saw too many coins being controlled by just one person.  I think that the community can work together to make a coin for the whole world.  When we finally construct the coin that we want it will pay off in the end.  Wow, I got a little preachy there.  I guess I just think that there is a coin that can replace fiat and bitcoin and it is Terracoin.  We have all been working together for a long while now, so...Damn.  Preachy again.

We can put the seed addresses (these addresses can be the pools/explorers/exchanges running server) in json file or xml file and serve the file in the website (e.g. terracoin.info). This is the cheapest way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 06:35:39 AM

If terracoin irc channel is working fine, every new TRC client can get the recent nodes from there.
BTW, maybe we need to enhance the p2p connection management, so that it will be intelligent enough to find peers automatically.

Terracoin IRC channel?  What are you talking about?  I thought all cryptocurrencies have moved away from IRC for security reasons.  Sorry for my ignorance.

How do we enhance the p2p connection management?

Lastly, I was wondering about adding SEGWIT to Terracoin.  What does everyone else think about that?

The IRC channel was deprecated from core 0.9.x on, if I remember right.

When I get some time I will put up a block explorer for TerraCoin and you can use it as a seed node.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 02:12:39 AM

Consider this case:
Alice has to pay Bob for an item.
But Bob receives a lot of payments.
So there are risks of misidentification.
And moreover the transactions are publicly visible, so someone else (in case of a kind of a middleman attack) can see the transaction and pretend that the payment was made by him.
So if some information is being attached directly to the transaction, for instance the address where to send the item or some identification code, the problem of the identification is solved.
It would be even more useful in case in which the payment is automatically elaborated without Bob control.
Of course the information attached has to be encrypted, because Alice may not want everybody to see her address, for instance.
Maybe there are other ways to solve this question. I'd be happy to receive suggestions.

By the way I think that SEGWIT is useful, AFAIU it reduces the blockchain and speeds up the transactions.

Anonymous transactions would help with this a lot.  The issue we have is that Terracoin is based on Bitcoin so our options are limited with how we implement anonymous transactions.  Monero has something that is almost exactly what you are talking about, but we can't just add it to Terracoin.  It would mean redesigning Terracoin from scratch which would mean creating a new coin.  I am not sure if we can implement ShadowCoins code, but their changes look pretty amazing and promising.  Here is the thread I started asking about similar stuff where some people posted some good links.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758449.msg17560380#msg17560380

I think we should start discussing ways to create a new way to solve the exact problem you are talking about.  We would need experienced anonymous developers to join the discussion and the team to make this happen.

Obviously I still think TRC is the best coin, and has the best future because we are willing to adapt.  We just need the team to implement it!

I also think adding a way to send and receive both plain text and encrypted messages in the block chain would be an amazing add for the coin.

Code:
Process:               Bitcoin-Qt [86565]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Desktop/TerraCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Bitcoin-Qt
Identifier:            org.bitcoinfoundation.Bitcoin-Qt
Version:               0.9.12 (0.9.12)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Bitcoin-Qt [86565]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-02-18 11:45:27.172 -0500
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.1 (16B2553a)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        9E381006-8133-0B73-0657-486EB250873C

Sleep/Wake UUID:       FD33930D-FCC8-4C22-AE62-F5363C62231E

Time Awake Since Boot: 3800000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       53000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @loader_path/libboost_system-mt.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/test_user/Desktop/TerraCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_thread-mt.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Thanks!  I emailed BVBcoin!

The problem is that Alice want to be anonymous. I think Alice can send some signed message to Bob before the transaction begin, to specify her bitcoin/altcoin address and other things. Then Bob will know how to deal with the transaction.
I think this is related to the protocol they do business, not with bitcoin or terracoin.
No matter what if two strangers do business, it's always unsafe. That's why we need a trusted person to be the middle man.

This is also true even in regards to anonymous transactions, which is why Coinpayments is an important step.

We can put the seed addresses (these addresses can be the pools/explorers/exchanges running server) in json file or xml file and serve the file in the website (e.g. terracoin.info). This is the cheapest way.

How do we do this?  PM me, or post on here.  Thanks!

The IRC channel was deprecated from core 0.9.x on, if I remember right.

When I get some time I will put up a block explorer for TerraCoin and you can use it as a seed node.

Thanks, mate!  PM me if you need anything!

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

BVBCoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:18:47 AM

Code:
Path:                  /Users/USER/Desktop/TerraCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Bitcoin-Qt

Dyld Error Message:
  Referenced from: /Users/test_user/Desktop/TerraCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_thread-mt.dylib

curios... it seems, you've got the old version of the wallet.
I have compiled uploaded again...
172.245.173.240:8080/TerracoinV1.1-Qt.dmg

*** You have an amazing coin but you don't have a MAC wallet? How stupid is that?
Contact me, I can compile it for you ***
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:25:28 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 02:41:40 AM by DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Is this a POW with a hardcap on the coins?

Could the foundation get a Translation for India, Russian, Chinese, Japan and Spanish?

Thanks

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 02:42:07 AM

Is this a POW with a hardcap on the coins?

Could the foundation get a Translation for India, Chinese, Japan and Spanish?

Thanks

It is a POW coin with a hard cap of 42 million coins.

We have a Filipino page, and we are always looking for volunteers to translated the ANN into other languages.  Send volunteer translators our way if you know of any.  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 03:05:02 AM

I have an extra Guns of Icarus (video game) Steam key if any active member of this thread wants it.  I thought I would offer it up to all of my friends here first.  You have to be an active member of this thread, and I am not sure if it will work outside of the US.

The first active member of this thread to post on this thread gets it, and I will PM you the key.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into Terracoin and keep posting the hard questions!  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

Activity: 425

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:55:13 AM

How do we do this?  PM me, or post on here.  Thanks!

Just modify the code in chainparams.cpp with something like:

vSeeds = loadJson("http://terracoin.info/dnsseeds.json")
vFixedSeeds = loadJson("http://terracoin.info/fixedseeds.json")

To be better, make these url as configurable parameters, then people can point the seeds file to any updated location.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 03:13:11 AM

Just modify the code in chainparams.cpp with something like:

vSeeds = loadJson("http://terracoin.info/dnsseeds.json")
vFixedSeeds = loadJson("http://terracoin.info/fixedseeds.json")

To be better, make these url as configurable parameters, then people can point the seeds file to any updated location.

I have added a new issue to github about this for our next release.  Thanks for the help!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 03:22:16 AM

Hippocrypto, our ANN designer, has started a new crypto info site!

Here is his Terracoin info link.  http://www.cryptodetails.com/terracoin.php

He has info on a lot of coins, so make sure to check out his home page.  http://www.cryptodetails.com/

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

tt_afr

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:37:11 PM

Code:

Dyld Error Message:

curios... it seems, you've got the old version of the wallet.
I have compiled uploaded again...
172.245.173.240:8080/TerracoinV1.1-Qt.dmg

Hard drive crash. Macbook dead. New HDD OTW. I'll try before Wednesday.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 12:02:21 AM

Hard drive crash. Macbook dead. New HDD OTW. I'll try before Wednesday.

Damn.  That sucks.

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

phatkiller

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:05:11 PM

As far as nodes check out https://bitnodes.net they offer 3 nodes for $99/year.  There are a few other node hosting services on here too you can search for.  I'd say at least 5-8 permanent seed nodes some in your control some out of your control.

Seg-wit I've looked around read a few articles and dont see why not to do it, Block capacity/size increase, Malleability Fixes among other things you can check out at https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/.  and http://achow101.com/2016/04/Segwit-FUD-Clearup

Also read this article https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-segwit-privacy-trace-mayer/ where they imply that segwit could make it easier to implement anonymous transactions to the current code.

The only thing i'll say if you do choose to go segwit route, force it Hardfork it in, DONT softfork and DONT wait till everyone upgrades.  Leaving it up to the miners has delayed its adoption in Bitcoin and Litecoin.  I dont think any other coin has adpoted it please link if you have found one.

Something i would love to see on the ANN and Website is a detailed list of things the foundation wants to purchase i.e. nodes, Android wallet, site layout etc and their prices, how much the foundation currently has and how much it needs to complete these purchases. Also precompiled binaries for linux would be so great.

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 04:20:04 AM

As far as nodes check out https://bitnodes.net they offer 3 nodes for $99/year.  There are a few other node hosting services on here too you can search for.  I'd say at least 5-8 permanent seed nodes some in your control some out of your control.

Seg-wit I've looked around read a few articles and dont see why not to do it, Block capacity/size increase, Malleability Fixes among other things you can check out at https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/.  and http://achow101.com/2016/04/Segwit-FUD-Clearup

Also read this article https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-segwit-privacy-trace-mayer/ where they imply that segwit could make it easier to implement anonymous transactions to the current code.

The only thing i'll say if you do choose to go segwit route, force it Hardfork it in, DONT softfork and DONT wait till everyone upgrades.  Leaving it up to the miners has delayed its adoption in Bitcoin and Litecoin.  I dont think any other coin has adpoted it please link if you have found one.

Something i would love to see on the ANN and Website is a detailed list of things the foundation wants to purchase i.e. nodes, Android wallet, site layout etc and their prices, how much the foundation currently has and how much it needs to complete these purchases. Also precompiled binaries for linux would be so great.

Thanks for the input!

I really like the idea of having a list of what we want to spend BTC on vs what we have (currently zero donated to the general BTC donations address.)

I am surprised about the pre-compiled Linux though.  I heard that was a no no and to never do that.

@crackfoo (zpool) what do you think about segwit?  Zpool is our official mining pool so I am curious what he thinks about it.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:26:11 PM

it typically is a no no. i've helped to implement segwit in vertcoin. When we're ready it'll be deployed as a soft fork though

Ahmed
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:31:10 PM

It's not that difficult to compile the TRC qt-wallet for linux.
For instance I found useful this reference on how to compile it for Archlinux: http://labufalissima.com/how-compile-terracoin-wallet-archlinux
Also precompiled binaries for linux would be so great.

phatkiller

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:47:04 PM

For instance I found useful this reference on how to compile it for Archlinux: http://labufalissima.com/how-compile-terracoin-wallet-archlinux

I am surprised about the pre-compiled Linux though.  I heard that was a no no and to never do that.

it typically is a no no. i've helped to implement segwit in vertcoin. When we're ready it'll be deployed as a soft fork though

Ahmed
I agree typically it isn't done but some coins do offer them Dash, Nubits, etc.. It just makes it easy to get a node up quickly. 

I am able to compile my own but am unable to make it STATIC and get "error while loading shared libraries" when i run it on another linux pc

johnwhitestar

Activity: 697

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:29:13 PM

I am able to compile my own but am unable to make it STATIC and get "error while loading shared libraries" when i run it on another linux pc

Maybe on the other linux you don't have all the dependencies installed or they are not updated or the libraries are in different places.

Have tried ldconfig command?

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 10:32:10 PM

Ahmed
I agree typically it isn't done but some coins do offer them Dash, Nubits, etc.. It just makes it easy to get a node up quickly. 

I will see if I can get one compiled this weekend.  I also want to update the OP and the website this weekend, but I am not sure I will have time.  My work is killing me.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 01:42:42 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2017, 01:57:58 AM by clockuniverse

So Crackfoo got back to me about segwit and he said his mining pool doesn't support it and he doesn't see any features that interest him.

Since zpool is our largest pool right now lets put segwit on the back burner until a later date.

Any other features that people are interested in discussing?

EDIT: Coinpayments

I also just checked my coinpayments balance and it looks like three different people tried to send $5 USD worth of BTC donations and their transactions timed out.  I looked into the support and if the transactions take too long then the money is refunded via an email link.  Now that some BTC transactions can take 12+ hours I am not surprised this happened.

Has anyone experienced the other side of this?

EDIT 2: BTC transaction times

This is why TRC is better then BTC! BTC transaction times are unbearable. We should also implement the larger block sizes in the next update, unless someone has a good reason not to do this.

Thanks!!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: