May 10, 2024, 02:33:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wolfofbittrex

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:27:33 AM

Verge (XVG) was listed on CoinGenome today https://coingenome.com/coin/xvg

The chart actually looks promising but we need some updates. Any news dev?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

It is true that once the overall market goes up, verge will follow. It is such a promising and popular project. It's just one of those coins that the average investor will want in their portfolio. Not to mention the day traders that follow the pumps.
sergsvar

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

Welcome to our pool, Verge blake2s added, 0% fee two weeks
http://impulsemine.xyz/
OnTheVerge

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:07:27 PM

It is true that once the overall market goes up, verge will follow. It is such a promising and popular project. It's just one of those coins that the average investor will want in their portfolio. Not to mention the day traders that follow the pumps.

THIS. Completely agree. I bought XVG when it was under a penny. Still holding will hold strong. if you bought XVG within the past month, despite what the price is now, I can almost guarantee that you got it a good pricepoint. Don't stress about the price on a daily basis and keep holding. It is a good project that most traders will be involved in simply because of its popularity and being listed on so many exchanges already. It is easy to get. HODL.
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:05:30 PM

THIS. Completely agree. I bought XVG when it was under a penny. Still holding will hold strong. if you bought XVG within the past month, despite what the price is now, I can almost guarantee that you got it a good pricepoint. Don't stress about the price on a daily basis and keep holding. It is a good project that most traders will be involved in simply because of its popularity and being listed on so many exchanges already. It is easy to get. HODL.

truth
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:34:08 AM

With hindsight, what are the factor that pushed Verge so high in terms of market cap? After all, it's just another privacy-focused coin.
"just another privacy-focused coin" -- It's the first to get privacy right.

Here are the common problems with other so called "privacy" coins:

Masternodes centralize and make the rich richer (Dash)
IP addresses are visible via extraction methods (Dash, Monero, Bytecoin)
Cultish founding ceremony relies on trust (Zcash)
Founders' reward makes the rich richer (Zcash)
Proof of stake makes the rich richer (Cloak)
Vertcoin removed stealth address option

Mind you, all competitors are a one trick pony, while Verge uses IP obfuscation + stealth address receiver obfuscation. All in all, XVG by default protects its users entirely when using the XVG Wraith 4.0.1 wallet, while none of the others do for sure. I simply can't honestly call most of it's competitors private.

Looks like you've done your homework. What do you think about PIVX? DeepOnion?

I like XVG because it's a lightweight solution with many wallets and use cases, and Monero for quality privacy tech (RingCT is superior to all other attempts I believe)
RingCT provides an additional layer of privacy to the sender, but without IP obfuscation included with it does not keep the sender private. This is the state of Monero and Bytecoin. The masternodes from Dash have a method of extracting IP addresses, too. This means others can look up your IP address and see where you live, work, or wherever else you transact with the wallet.

To combat this, the Verge Wraith 4.0.1 wallet keeps the sender private with IP obfuscation and keeps the receiver private with stealth addressing. In the near future Verge will also include RingCT for senders, since a minimal amount of information like transaction amount can be seen on the blockchain.

So Verge is clearly at a superior stage of privacy than all others. PIVX and DeepOnion are proof of stake coins, so they have the same problem as Cloakcoin... making the rich richer, centralizing the wealth, making it in the long run rendered unusable as a currency.

IP obfuscation is somewhat overrated. Many Monero users share a monero daemon with a remote RPC call, so that increases their IP anonymity (as long as the server is not backdoored). More importantly, it's trivial to use VPNs, SOCKS proxies, many other options. People who are serious about privacy are already using these techniques, because they don't require coding and/or complex setup. Most daemons and wallets also have native support for SOCKS, or the connection is at a lower level than the daemon's network code (ie VPN). Finally, some coins are natively using the I2P protocol, which should provide good anonymity.

I had not heard that Verge devs want to support RingCT - that seems like a LOT of work.

Thanks for the tip on Cloakcoin. POS is, well, frankly a POS, from what I've heard.

All of this privacy tech is fairly cutting-edge and obscure. But we should expect to see gains in the space within a year or two. If people experience pain from being de-anonymized sooner, then the privacy space will only heat up faster!  I notice a distinct uptick in crypto robberies being reported...

promomei

Activity: 399
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

Dogedarkdev  last active   March 09, 2018, 03:18:18 AM

we need you
cue108

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

With hindsight, what are the factor that pushed Verge so high in terms of market cap? After all, it's just another privacy-focused coin.

Mind you, all competitors are a one trick pony, while Verge uses IP obfuscation + stealth address receiver obfuscation. All in all, XVG by default protects its users entirely when using the XVG Wraith 4.0.1 wallet, while none of the others do for sure. I simply can't honestly call most of it's competitors private.

I like XVG because it's a lightweight solution with many wallets and use cases, and Monero for quality privacy tech (RingCT is superior to all other attempts I believe)
RingCT provides an additional layer of privacy to the sender, but without IP obfuscation included with it does not keep the sender private. This is the state of Monero and Bytecoin. The masternodes from Dash have a method of extracting IP addresses, too. This means others can look up your IP address and see where you live, work, or wherever else you transact with the wallet.

To combat this, the Verge Wraith 4.0.1 wallet keeps the sender private with IP obfuscation and keeps the receiver private with stealth addressing. In the near future Verge will also include RingCT for senders, since a minimal amount of information like transaction amount can be seen on the blockchain.

So Verge is clearly at a superior stage of privacy than all others. PIVX and DeepOnion are proof of stake coins, so they have the same problem as Cloakcoin... making the rich richer, centralizing the wealth, making it in the long run rendered unusable as a currency.

IP obfuscation is somewhat overrated. Many Monero users share a monero daemon with a remote RPC call, so that increases their IP anonymity (as long as the server is not backdoored). More importantly, it's trivial to use VPNs, SOCKS proxies, many other options. People who are serious about privacy are already using these techniques, because they don't require coding and/or complex setup. Most daemons and wallets also have native support for SOCKS, or the connection is at a lower level than the daemon's network code (ie VPN). Finally, some coins are natively using the I2P protocol, which should provide good anonymity.

I had not heard that Verge devs want to support RingCT - that seems like a LOT of work.

Thanks for the tip on Cloakcoin. POS is, well, frankly a POS, from what I've heard.

All of this privacy tech is fairly cutting-edge and obscure. But we should expect to see gains in the space within a year or two. If people experience pain from being de-anonymized sooner, then the privacy space will only heat up faster!  I notice a distinct uptick in crypto robberies being reported...

Of course one can use TOR and ssh tunnels via Socks5 and VPNs whatnot. This is also not the point.
The specialty in Verge is, that the services are WITHIN the TOR network. So called Hidden Services. They are NOT on clearnet and thus no exit node is involved for a transaction.

Thus: People who are serious about privacy understand this specialty also!
virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:35:08 PM

How can I speed-up blockchain update at my PC wallet ?

Please dont figure torrent download.
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:50:04 PM

All of this privacy tech is fairly cutting-edge and obscure. But we should expect to see gains in the space within a year or two. If people experience pain from being de-anonymized sooner, then the privacy space will only heat up faster!  I notice a distinct uptick in crypto robberies being reported...

Of course one can use TOR and ssh tunnels via Socks5 and VPNs whatnot. This is also not the point.
The specialty in Verge is, that the services are WITHIN the TOR network. So called Hidden Services. They are NOT on clearnet and thus no exit node is involved for a transaction.

Yes, in TOR, it's better not to enter your flogs as they can intercept and steal. It is better not to take chances

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
giantkin

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

DL the blockchain directly.  goto verge currency c.om i think it is. (mistyped so it doesnt do a link)

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
classicsucks

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:01:16 PM

"it's trivial to use VPNs, SOCKS proxies, many other options" - This is what the Monero crowd will tell you, but Verge has the privacy technology built in. The average computer user doesn't know what those things are, or by large want to pay more to have them.

Agreed. DEFAULT privacy is very important for any privacy coin. Also the native tor implementation in XVG is impressive. The build process is fairly complicated, but it's a huge dev win. The Verge devs definitely inspire confidence with this. As far as I know, DeepOnion is the only other coin with this feature?
classicsucks

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:02:27 PM

Yes, in TOR, it's better not to enter your flogs as they can intercept and steal. It is better not to take chances

flogs?
WoroOfficial

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:11:58 PM

Soon Pre Sale with 30% BONUS https://twitter.com/WoroOfficial
kwakufavour

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

Contact me if you need a Telegram Moderator

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:04:32 PM

There's a post about doubling your tokens by sending xvg to an address. Could you confirm its true. Seems from your official twitter account.
We need some great news from your team too..

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
giantkin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:18:45 PM

There's a post about doubling your tokens by sending xvg to an address. Could you confirm its true. Seems from your official twitter account.
We need some great news from your team too..

DO NOT SEND COIN TO ADDRESS.   the tweet accts were hacked.
 DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

(other poster on there mentioned that justin and vergecurrency twitters were hacked.)

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Mogsie

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

Could be true, the hack. Verge has not come out to deny the hack or respond and if their Twatter account has been hacked they could have said something on Telegram Sam.

Hot potato's aren't cold
giantkin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:34:10 PM

with twitter getting hacked so much, wouldnt surprise me if it happens again.

agostine

Activity: 237
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:42:19 AM

Never ever send your coins to addresses that promise you more coins in return, scammers stay away.

Peace
1982dre

Activity: 1372
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:02:27 AM

Never ever send your coins to addresses that promise you more coins in return, scammers stay away.

Peace

Exactly. Same as all the fake twitter accounts. I keep reporting them but sometimes it takes very long before twitter deleted them.

.....1% HOUSE EDGE.....
.....FAUCET 3.5K...........
.....RAINBOT
10K..........

█████
 █████     ███
  █████     ███     █
   █████     ███     █
    █████     ███     █
     █████     ███     █
      █████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███

█████
..DuckDice..
█████
███     █████
█     ███     █████ 
█     ███     █████  
█     ███     █████   
█     ███     █████    
█     ███     █████     
█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

███     █████

█████

.....★  B O N U S E S.....
  L O T T E R Y......
  J A C K P O T......
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: