Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243665 times)
kel-alt

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:23:08 PM

I agree, there were no buyers around at Bittrex today for most of the smaller alts, and the larger ones had to be sold close to the highest Buy price. Also seeing huge spreads in many cases, suggesting that most trading is speculation. I think we're in a very immature market phase for cryptocurrencies generally.

I've just evaluated my results after a week of tough manual trading, including some stellar gains on smaller alts. In all I made about enough to buy a cuppacawfee. If I'd left my money in BTC the results would have been far better, at least it has consistent and active trading in all conditions. Pity I didn't predict the jump from $380 to $420 but I don't think anyone saw it coming really.

Currently sitting on 1,000,000 XVG bought at 20 sat (ouch).

But XVG seems to me like stuck in 105 sat not well trading Vol. it should move a bit up like 145 sat because BTC is safe and No fear to trade bitcoin

kel-alt -
BitCoin Meister is always saying just hold BTC but I got in mid Jan and am up 3x BTC if I 'cashed' out alts now.
I was 7x at peak around June 8 - regrets - but also, not shabby! Made some terrible  impulsive trades but still
coming out well. Learning. I sold off all and parts of alts today, some
in 50% loss but some at really good profit, to be more in BTC and BCH, but did not sell any Verge. This ebb and flow in and out of BTC and alts just keeps happening. Try to guess right and balance risk and reward. Verge popped into top 100 and attracted my attention, dropped out, but now has been holding there very well. You
make a mistake dumping a good coin because it does nothing for a couple few months. It has happened to me. I had 100 ETH mid Jan and sold most - it would have been better to just HODL. Hindsight is a stone bitch.
prasy3000

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:34:52 PM

I got in a verge at terrible price, 174 satoshi. Bought $20 worth at that time.
Dumped all 5k Verge yesterday for ~$17... to buy 6 OMG.
Tired of holding this coin and not seeing it go anywhere in the last month.

G'luck to the rest of y'all~

Very bad and rash decision. You should have waited a little longer. Selling alts at losses to jump in other alts  that have a already pumped is not a good decision. Patience and mindset are essential components in crypto trading
Tolrem

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:27:07 AM

There has been some rumors that Monero is not really anonymous. May some people will switch to Verge, which would be amazing.
You mean PIVX. They're going to go to PIVX. I dumped XVG. Good luck bag holders. "I bought at 20". Cool, should have sold at 200.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
AnCap101

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

Still hodling my XVG

Hoping to sell for over 180 sats
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:19:06 AM

I also hope that the Monero News will bring people from Monero to Verge.

Passion.
dazbog835

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:18:58 PM

Other than Monero and Zcash, IPs will be completely hidden. It's a truly anonymous coin.
what about fungibility? is that also solved in Verge? Sounds almost too good to be true. As a monero supporter I'm torn Smiley

kel-alt -
As far as I know 'fungibillity' means you can divide something into pieces and it does not seriously affect
the value. Like you can cut an ounce of gold in half an both halves are still worth half of what the ounce
was worth, but if you cut a car or a teddy bear in half it seriously lowers the value.
Maybe you mean 'liquidity', which is the ability to readily exchange one asset or currency for another.
Verge is on Bittrex where there is quite a bit of volume. 355 BTC or 1.2 million USD is total volume as I write,
most of that on Bittrex.
 With this kind of volume I imagine you could buy or sell 3 BTC worth anytime without much trouble. That
would be about 3 milllion or so XVG.
I just got an Android phone that will load the XVG wallet that is the
only phone wallet that sends a coin totally anonymously and will download it when I hear the password bug
has been fixed. Then maybe show it around and try to get more users on board.
That is not what fungibility means. It means that one item of such currency is indivisible from another in the sense that one coin cannot be distinguished from another.

An example would be two 100 dollar bills. One was used in the transaction of illegal drugs, the other in the purchase of a chair. You cannot see just by looking at them which was used for which.

You CAN do that with almost all of cryptocurrencies. And then certain companies can say, we will not touch coins that were part of an illicit transaction. Even if this was not done by you, but by a different owner of that coin.

Is verge anonymous in that sense?
dazbog835

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

I also hope that the Monero News will bring people from Monero to Verge.
what is this monero news you speak of?
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:14:27 PM

Still hodling my XVG

Well... over 180 sats can mean a lot. I won't sell my XVGs, when they surpass the 2000 sat. Maybe at a price more than 4000 sat I will start thinking about selling a part of my bag. Yes... that will mean a marketcap more than 1.6B, but when coins like Dash, Iota, Litecoin and Ether Classic can kick that goal, why XVG shouldn't?
Hodl, hodl, hodl, hodl.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:17:38 PM

Still hodling my XVG

Well... over 180 sats can mean a lot. I won't sell my XVGs, when they surpass the 2000 sat. Maybe at a price more than 4000 sat I will start thinking about selling a part of my bag. Yes... that will mean a marketcap more than 1.6B, but when coins like Dash, Iota, Litecoin and Ether Classic can kick that goal, why XVG shouldn't?
Hodl, hodl, hodl, hodl.

Why it cannot kick that goal?? You kidding? Because of the HUUUGE coins circulated maybe??
supertee

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 04:27:05 PM

Other than Monero and Zcash, IPs will be completely hidden. It's a truly anonymous coin.

No, Verge is not 'truly' anonymous.

It is anonymous. But it is not private. That's a difference.

Passion.
dazbog835

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:43:37 PM

is verge then trying to implement the ringct solutions monero has? If it were a tor coin with ringCTs, that would indeed make it stronger than monero. This would be the path worth pursuing. In the end we all just want the best solution. Doesn't matter what road gets us there...
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:48:31 PM

Still hodling my XVG

Hodl, hodl, hodl, hodl.

Why it cannot kick that goal?? You kidding? Because of the HUUUGE coins circulated maybe??

What have supply and marketcap in common ...?
Nothing!
Do the maths please.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
supertee

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 09:16:19 PM

You will see from what address to what address the transaction went. But you won't know who has the wallets. So it is anonymous.

Passion.
kel-alt

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:24:45 PM

No, Verge is not 'truly' anonymous. If it were truly anonymous Verge would not have rich lists. It is BitCoin + Tor. Any coin can have its transactions routed through Tor by simply running said coin's wallet and configuring their device to route all traffic through their Tor client.

Do you know what took down the Dark Net Markets AlphaBay and Hansa as well as BTC-e? It wasn't IP addresses which aren't even stored on the ledger, it was the traceability and linkability properties of BitCoin (I can see in the ledger which is stored for all time where you got money, how much you got, when you spent, and who you gave it to *in 'cleartext'*). And the DNM users used Tor and mixers as well and they still got caught. Verge has those exact same properties of BitCoin and thus would have led to the same take downs. Verge is a joke when it comes to privacy for those who understand how privacy actually works.

Possessing a rich list, as a malicious actor I can then use ledger analysis to go after and identify who is tied to the biggest wallet, etc. Going after node IPs (e.g. Monero nodes) isn't particularly valuable because there's no guarantee they even use the currency on said device or they aren't running Tor/I2P (e.g. I run Monero nodes over Tor/I2P). Rich lists give me that guarantee of going after a big wallet of Verge, BitCoin, etc.

what about fungibility? is that also solved in Verge? Sounds almost too good to be true. As a monero supporter I'm torn Smiley

Nope, Verge doesn't, Verge has all the same fungibility issues as BitCoin whereas Monero doesn't. You can have tainted coins same as BitCoin because Verge's ledger is stored in the equivalent of cleartext. As an exchange, etc I can still tell one of your outputs came from SatoshiDice and then ban your account.

kel-alt -
As far as I know 'fungibillity' means you can divide something into pieces and it does not seriously affect
the value. Like you can cut an ounce of gold in half an both halves are still worth half of what the ounce
was worth, but if you cut a car or a teddy bear in half it seriously lowers the value.
Maybe you mean 'liquidity', which is the ability to readily exchange one asset or currency for another.
Verge is on Bittrex where there is quite a bit of volume. 355 BTC or 1.2 million USD is total volume as I write,
most of that on Bittrex.
 With this kind of volume I imagine you could buy or sell 3 BTC worth anytime without much trouble. That
would be about 3 milllion or so XVG.
I just got an Android phone that will load the XVG wallet that is the
only phone wallet that sends a coin totally anonymously and will download it when I hear the password bug
has been fixed. Then maybe show it around and try to get more users on board.

Nope, wrong again. What you're referring to in economics is known as divisibility. If you had done a simple Google search you would see that Fungibility clearly is "is the property of a good or a commodity whose individual units are capable of mutual substitution (i.e., interchangeability)" (Wikipedia). Verge does not have this property. As said above, I can still as CoinBase, etc tell you're sending from an address associated with SatoshiDice, etc and ban your account for attempting to use coin gained from gambling which violates my terms of service. Because that tainted coin(s) isn't accepted on exchanges, it is less valuable because I can't cash out on exchanges with it and thus it's value is effectively 0 compared to another Verge coin which isn't tainted (yet).

kel-alt - Aug 9 - Fungibility - One Verge is capable of being substituted for another Verge. I don't understand your English reading skills. My take is exactly like the sentence right before you claim Verge is not interchangeable with itself.
I am stunned by what looks to me like a serious misreading of what you read.

There has been some rumors that Monero is not really anonymous. May some people will switch to Verge, which would be amazing.

Rumors != Fact. But... just for fun... are we playing the rumor game? Rumor has it like TorCoin (a BitCoin + Tor scam), Verge developers will also cash out of their Bitcoin + Tor scam by the end of next year leaving anyone foolish enough to buy a bag and not cash out before it's too late, holding a bag.
VDechand

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:20:39 AM

verge 90sat.... wow thats looks good....
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:03:35 PM

I still do not understand why the price of the XVG has fallen so dramatically at this time, most people have sold all the XVG in a very high volume. I think we should not be tempted to sell the XVG at this time because everyone is dumping

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:48:08 PM

I still do not understand why the price of the XVG has fallen so dramatically at this time, most people have sold all the XVG in a very high volume. I think we should not be tempted to sell the XVG at this time because everyone is dumping

it is very simple my friend.
because the whales suppress the price to get more coin,
if you remembered it,back then XVG traded at 2~5 satoshi for each coin.
after they collected a lot of XVG,what happen next ?
a huge boom happened,and that is why the price slowly goes down and being suppressed by them,

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
shannen87

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:22:21 PM

a huge boom happened,and that is why the price slowly goes down and being suppressed by them,

XVG at 70s sats, this doesnt look good at all. 50 sats here we come... then 20s...
xdookiex

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

XVG at 70s sats, this doesnt look good at all. 50 sats here we come... then 20s...

you really think the bottom is yet to come?
Daisuke

Activity: 282

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:20:32 AM

you really think the bottom is yet to come?

XVG has a lot of development thats why the price goes up. it is just same to xem where it started at 30sats and now we could see it at the peak of 16k satoshi. Whales can control price but supporters of the priject has a lot of factor why the price goes up.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: