Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1  (Read 397330 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 01:44:48 AM

hi all ...

i know ive asked this before ( though not on this thread ) - but can anyone compile the miner on fedora 23 x64? ...

im no newbie to compiling source - but i gotta say that this is one hell of a venture when it comes to this code ...

just to make it completely clear why - its for the completion of compiling and NOT for the profitability or anything else - other than to be able to compile it and have it run under fedora 23 x64 ...

so far - its a no go ... and almost everyone i speak to has no idea how to get it done under this redhat based system ...

does anyone know how? ... the wiki speaks of the compilation steps - but its wrong - it does not compile in fedora 23 x64 at all ...

i would appreciate all the help i can get for a successful compile ...

#crysx

You HAVE to use Solidity for the GUI stuff, but, I'll bet the utils like ethminer work without it.
Post some of your errors and I'll see if I can help. We've got several CentOS boxes running, so I've got some experience with it.

Make sure you read this, but, I'll be you already have.
https://github.com/ethereum/webthree-umbrella/wiki/Building-on-Fedora

much appreciated for the response ...

yes - i have not only read through it - but followed it to the letter ...

i ALWAYS get compilation errors on certain parts ( modules ) of the install ... usually the third or fourth module - but because its been a while since ive touched the install - im unsure of what they are ...

so over the coming days - ill try and get the install organized again ...

but i can guarantee it bombs out on the compilation - no matter whether you follow the instructions or not ...

every time i have asked for help with this - i get the usual answers ... install ubuntu - install windows - its not profitable on 750ti ... ummm - NO! NO! and i dont care about anyones version of the meaning of 'profitability' ...

yours has been the most appreciated answer yet - as you have actually understood that it is not about the above metrics - its about actually getting it done ...

ill message back with the errors when i get the chance ... and hopefully i can do this before i move as ill be offline for at least a week before the new house gets an internet connection ...

so tanx again ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:18:02 AM

how to mine with two card on ethereum? -d 0 1 not working, -t not working either

ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 300 -U -F http://eth-us.suprnova.cc:3001/razorsedge.eth1/22  --cuda-devices 0 1

Wait for the dag file to be created.

So it's              --cuda-devices 0 1

Isn't that farm-recheck value a bit too high? 3 seconds is quite a lot when average block time is 16-17 secs.

I have no idea antantti  Smiley
What should it be?
thx

I think it defaults to 500 if you don't specify value at all. Pools quite often recommend 100-200 values for their mining proxies.

Thx  I changed it to    --farm-recheck 300   works better.
Genoil (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:50:53 AM

1. Why is my hashrate with Nvidia cards on Windows 8 and 10 so low?
The new WDDM 2.0 driver on Windows 8 and 10 uses a different way of addressing the GPU. This is good for a lot of things, but not for ETH mining.
What is WDDM 2.0 driver?

Is this the graphics driver ?
If so can I install a driver from 1 year ago and then will that work?

Thx

Very old question but since i was away, I'll still answer: WDDM is Windows Display Driver Model. It basically dictates the driver architecture for GPU vendors that seek Windows support. But you can indeed use old Windows 7 (WDDM 1.1) drivers on win8/10 to get rid of the downgraded performance using Compute 5.2 cards (5.0 need not bother). There's a guy @Mo35 on the ETH forums that took the effort and confirms it works.

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
dyrek

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:29:45 PM

HI
What are the best settings for 280x ?
What speed can I reach in Mh  Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:47:25 PM

are some improvements planned for nvidia? or there is nothing that can be done anymore?
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:23:24 AM

i ALWAYS get compilation errors on certain parts ( modules ) of the install ... usually the third or fourth module - but because its been a while since ive touched the install - im unsure of what they are ...

but i can guarantee it bombs out on the compilation - no matter whether you follow the instructions or not ...

every time i have asked for help with this - i get the usual answers ... install ubuntu - install windows - its not profitable on 750ti ... ummm - NO! NO! and i dont care about anyones version of the meaning of 'profitability' ...

yours has been the most appreciated answer yet - as you have actually understood that it is not about the above metrics - its about actually getting it done ...

ill message back with the errors when i get the chance ... and hopefully i can do this before i move as ill be offline for at least a week before the new house gets an internet connection ...

so tanx again ...

#crysx

Read my notes on building for Ubuntu - *nix is *nix, there is some stuff in there that you'll need.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368785.msg14120496#msg14120496

**pay special attention to the part about removing -Werror from the compiler options.

Genoil is building on $M Visual Studio, and likely not doing any work on Linux.
His code is VERY good, don't blame it on the author.

There might be room for improvement in the DAG file management, but I doubt it would yield significant hashrate increases.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:47:24 PM

1. Why is my hashrate with Nvidia cards on Windows 8 and 10 so low?
The new WDDM 2.0 driver on Windows 8 and 10 uses a different way of addressing the GPU. This is good for a lot of things, but not for ETH mining.
What is WDDM 2.0 driver?

Is this the graphics driver ?
If so can I install a driver from 1 year ago and then will that work?

Thx

Very old question but since i was away, I'll still answer: WDDM is Windows Display Driver Model. It basically dictates the driver architecture for GPU vendors that seek Windows support. But you can indeed use old Windows 7 (WDDM 1.1) drivers on win8/10 to get rid of the downgraded performance using Compute 5.2 cards (5.0 need not bother). There's a guy @Mo35 on the ETH forums that took the effort and confirms it works.
Thx
What hashrate do he get on a 980ti doing that?
Thx
He is on bitcointalk forum?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 01:33:48 AM

so tanx again ...

#crysx

Read my notes on building for Ubuntu - *nix is *nix, there is some stuff in there that you'll need.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368785.msg14120496#msg14120496

**pay special attention to the part about removing -Werror from the compiler options.

Genoil is building on $M Visual Studio, and likely not doing any work on Linux.
His code is VERY good, don't blame it on the author.

There might be room for improvement in the DAG file management, but I doubt it would yield significant hashrate increases.

i appreciate the direction ... and will try it over the next few days ...

but i must disagree with you on that one point - nix is not nix ... not when it comes to redhat and their 'redtape' - especially with what they distribute in the os and what the leave out or change - which is the most frustrating ...

debian based systems seem to ignore any 'potential' legal issues and just supple apps and utils in the os regardless of non-oss restrictions ... the boofheads at the redhat camp flatly refuse to put in anything that 'may' cause oss issues - even to the extent they cripple packages liek openssl of the ecc that is required to compile most wallets these days - especially bitcoin ...

but i will take your instructions as a guide and see where it leads ...

im frustrated that there really isnt a redhat based ( fedora - centos - etc ) instruction set that someone can follow to compile such a complex structured system ...

plenty for ubuntu - or most debian based systems for that matter ...

see how it goes ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

unitedminers

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:05:34 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 12:30:40 AM by unitedminers

SOLVED

Solution:

sudo nano /usr/local/cuda/include/host_config.h

Just rename every number "4" into number "5" near line 115 Grin

+++

I try to compile ethminer on Ubuntu 15.10 (gcc 5.x) but I get this error:

Code:
Building NVCC (Device) object libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o In file included from /usr/local/cuda/include/cuda_runtime.h:76:0, from <command-line>:0: /usr/local/cuda/include/host_config.h:115:2: error: #error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported! #error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported! ^ CMake Error at ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake:207 (message): Error generating /home/user/cpp-ethereum/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o

libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/build.make:63: recipe for target 'libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o' failed make[2]: *** [libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:487: recipe for target 'libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/all' failed make[1]: *** [libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

Even if I do:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.9
sudo apt-get install gcc++-4.9
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-4.9 /usr/local/cuda/bin/gcc
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/g++-4.9 /usr/local/cuda/bin/g++
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.9
export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.9

and/or edit:

/usr/local/cuda/include/host_config.h. Comment out lines 113-117.

Code:
113 /*#if __GNUC__ > 4 || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ > 9)*/
115 /*#error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported!*/
117 /*#endif*/ /* __GNUC__ > 4 || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ > 9) */

or edit like this:

/usr/local/cuda/include/host_config.h. Comment line 115.

Code:
--- #error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported!

+++ //#error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported!

Nice try

http://askubuntu.com/questions/26498/choose-gcc-and-g-version/26502#26502

gcc -v

g++ -v

So what we need to do is remove the GCC symlink and the G++ symlink and then recreate them linked to GCC 4.9 and G++ 4.9:

sudo rm /usr/bin/gcc

sudo rm /usr/bin/g++

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-4.9 /usr/bin/gcc

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/g++-4.9 /usr/bin/g++

Finally we can check our GCC -v again and make sure we are using the correct version:

gcc -v

g++ -v

BUT a new error at 100% Tongue

Code:
[100%] Linking CXX executable ethminer ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'vtable for CryptoPP::StringSinkTemplate<std::string>' /usr/bin/ld.gold: the vtable symbol may be undefined because the class is missing its key function ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelCreatePutSpace(std::string const&, unsigned long&)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelPut2(std::string const&, unsigned char const, unsigned long, int, bool)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelPutModifiable2(std::string const&, unsigned char, unsigned long, int, bool)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelFlush(std::string const&, bool, int, bool)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::ChannelMessageSeriesEnd(std::string const&, int, bool)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::SetRetrievalChannel(std::string const&)' ../libdevcrypto/libdevcrypto.so: error: undefined reference to 'leveldb::Status::ToString() const' ../libstratum/libethstratum.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Reader::parse(std::string const&, Json::Value&, bool)' ../libstratum/libethstratum.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Reader::getFormattedErrorMessages() const' ../libdevcore/libdevcore.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::operator[](std::string const&)' ../libdevcore/libdevcore.so: error: undefined reference to 'Json::FastWriter::write(Json::Value const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function PhoneHome::report_benchmark(std::string const&, int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_getWork(): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_getWork(): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_getWork(): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::Value(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitWork(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::Client::CallMethod(std::string const&, Json::Value const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::toStyledString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function FarmClient::eth_submitHashrate(std::string const&, std::string const&): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::JsonRpcException::JsonRpcException(int, std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doBenchmark(dev::eth::MinerType, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::HttpClient::HttpClient(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'jsonrpc::HttpClient::HttpClient(std::string const&)' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::asString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::asString() const' CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o:main.cpp:function MinerCLI::doFarm(dev::eth::MinerType, std::string const&, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'Json::Value::asString() const' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/build.make:123: recipe for target 'ethminer/ethminer' failed make[2]: *** [ethminer/ethminer] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:667: recipe for target 'ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/all' failed make[1]: *** [ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

Thank you very much for every tip!
Zekku

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:01:33 PM

Hi. I'm using your mod and currently getting really low hash rates.

Around 15-20 Mh/s

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-3975-KR 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+

Also using the P0 fix for gpu usage.
Common consensus seems to be 20 mh per 970

ethminer --cuda-devices 0 1 -G -F http://eth-us.suprnova.cc:3001/zekkuuu.1/25 -U

Any suggestions/tips greatly appreciated thanks.

Edit: can dip under 10 mh at times.
CryptoSalad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:13:53 PM

Are they any improvements to be made to this miner? I seen a forked copy of this miner where you can use older gpu that have passed the DAG file size it splits them up and creates one big file so that older cards can still be used. Do you plan to do something like this in the future on the original miner for older cards?
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 11:15:35 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

ethminer --cuda-devices 0 1 -G -F http://eth-us.suprnova.cc:3001/zekkuuu.1/25 -U

THE "-G" FLAG IS FOR OPEN-CL--

Try substituting the "-U" CUDA switch, as it specifies CUDA devices.  The "-G" switch is for AMD devices.  Your launch line is saying "Look for CUDA devices but mine with Open-CL."  I get 20MH/s each with my 970 cards while using Genoil's miner.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Zekku

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:25:34 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

THE "-G" FLAG IS FOR OPEN-CL--

Try substituting the "-U" CUDA switch, as it specifies CUDA devices.  The "-G" switch is for AMD devices.  Your launch line is saying "Look for CUDA devices but mine with Open-CL."  I get 20MH/s each with my 970 cards while using Genoil's miner.       --scryptr

Woops! Thanks. I'll tweak it right now.

Edit: Changed it. With -G it was spiking occasionally close to 35 but never for long.
Apparently I had -G in the beginning and a -U at the end that I forgot about. Derp.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:12:43 AM

Are they any improvements to be made to this miner? I seen a forked copy of this miner where you can use older gpu that have passed the DAG file size it splits them up and creates one big file so that older cards can still be used. Do you plan to do something like this in the future on the original miner for older cards?

That failed because it never submitted any shares. Apparently you can't split the DAG.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:46:47 PM

What is the .bat setting for optimum hash ? Is --farm-recheck  a necessary to mention in .bat if i use the 0.9.41-genoil version ?
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:52:58 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

windows 10?

use windows 7

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
s7icky

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:55:30 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

windows 10?

use windows 7

They fixed the low hash on 10 with current drivers. GoGo back to begging for money sp.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

windows 10?

use windows 7

They fixed the low hash on 10 with current drivers. GoGo back to begging for money sp.

Who are they? Do do you mean Genoil or the AMD driver development engineers? Does it support more than 8 GPU?
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:36:08 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

windows 10?

use windows 7

Who are they? Do do you mean Genoil or the AMD driver development engineers? Does it support more than 8 GPU?

you mean nvidia?
s7icky

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:49:02 PM

Around 15-20 Mh/s

windows 10?

use windows 7

you mean nvidia?

+1 to you sir for common sense
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: