Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza for bitcoins?  (Read 800841 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16605

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:37:56 AM

It's not too late yet. Buy now and look back with a very happy feeling years later.
and i dont want to regret for the second if 5 years from now the price bitcoin is skyrocket and blamed my self "why i didn't bought some bitcoin @$260 ?"
It may go up, it may go down, but it is very unlikely to go up a million-fold again...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dumbledoreses

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:29:45 PM

this is crazy story, never had 10k bitcoin with just a couple dollar
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:50:51 PM

and i dont want to regret for the second if 5 years from now the price bitcoin is skyrocket and blamed my self "why i didn't bought some bitcoin @$260 ?"

You don't need to buy a whole bitcoin.
Buy whatever amount you can afford for now  Wink
IDKwhatimdoing

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:52:36 PM

this is crazy story, never had 10k bitcoin with just a couple dollar

Smiley)
 Grin Grin

Girlscout

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:49:21 AM

Still my fav thing about Bitcoins is this thread ;-D
nero987

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:57:05 AM

You don't need to buy a whole bitcoin.
Buy whatever amount you can afford for now  Wink

Sometimes it's hard to explain to someone that bitcoins can be devided...
I don't see the problem... Because, what's the difference with regular money like $, €, ... ?

By the way, if someone is still intrested in pizza for BTC. Pay me BTC10000 and i'll send you a truck full of pizza  Grin Tongue
pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:57:56 PM

"Wow, were people selling milibitcoin at only 28 cents!? If only people back then knew..."

Good one  Cheesy
If only they new,thats what we think now about all the altcoins,maybe some of them will grow into something giant and we used to sell it just for 1$ Tongue,we will see Smiley
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:38:03 PM

Mate I hate to hear people talking about major spikes and comparing it with doged we want to keep the pump and dump traders away and hold on to and build the community. The dev is excellent for this coin and he is embracing every new tech he gets his hands on. We need slow steady growth for the long term not pump and wankers. On par with doge would just be a start.

To peel or not to peel.
nioko

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

moral:
 sell products for cryptocurrency and become a millionaire.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:43:28 PM

Finally found it, so this is the legendary thread where, the OP "laszlo" was the legendary guy that paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas.  Cheesy

Man you will enter in history books as the greatest EPIC FAIL of all time, no disrespect, but really this is a very very very very unlucky event that you had gone through.

Its also somewhat funnny, while somewhat sad, but in any case, it is a monumental event in the history of BTC that will be forever carved into the history of the blockchain Cheesy

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:05:00 PM

Finally found it, so this is the legendary thread where, the OP "laszlo" was the legendary guy that paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas.  Cheesy

Man you will enter in history books as the greatest EPIC FAIL of all time, no disrespect, but really this is a very very very very unlucky event that you had gone through.

Its also somewhat funnny, while somewhat sad, but in any case, it is a monumental event in the history of BTC that will be forever carved into the history of the blockchain Cheesy
What are you talking about?  At the time it was worth it and it was a great AND smart move that supports bitcoin to this day.  Think about all the media coverage that was written regarding this - it basically promoted bitcoin!

No one can predict the future.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:42:23 AM

What are you talking about?  At the time it was worth it and it was a great AND smart move that supports bitcoin to this day.  Think about all the media coverage that was written regarding this - it basically promoted bitcoin!

I dont think this single event had so much importance to shape bitcoin, but what I know is that that poor guy lost like 10,500,000 $ on some pizza.

So its a bit weird , but yes i agree partially, his great loss was our great win (via media circus)

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:10:43 AM

I dont think this single event had so much importance to shape bitcoin, but what I know is that that poor guy lost like 10,500,000 $ on some pizza.

So its a bit weird , but yes i agree partially, his great loss was our great win (via media circus)

This event will continue to be a history sir, but returned again to become bitcoin not be as present and may present other coin like magi(altcoin) coins could be as big as bitcoin later. we do not know what the future.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:30:28 AM

This event will continue to be a history sir, but returned again to become bitcoin not be as present and may present other coin like magi(altcoin) coins could be as big as bitcoin later. we do not know what the future.
I don't think he lost anything actually since it counts by the value at deal time, I think it was a high possibility that he would have sold them at that time too for a close valus to the pizza's. There are people who had thousands of bitcoins but lost or forgot there private keys/passwords...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:52:34 AM

I don't think he lost anything actually since it counts by the value at deal time, I think it was a high possibility that he would have sold them at that time too for a close valus to the pizza's. There are people who had thousands of bitcoins but lost or forgot there private keys/passwords...

A potential unrealized gain is still a loss.

If you dont know about it, its still a loss, but you just dont know it is.

For example: if today morning you would have gone to another street, you would have found a thrown away lottery ticket on the ground, that would turn out to be a jackpot winner. So you lost 100,000,000$ worth of prize. But since you dont know this you think you didnt.

Do you get my point?

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:35:18 AM

For example: if today morning you would have gone to another street, you would have found a thrown away lottery ticket on the ground, that would turn out to be a jackpot winner. So you lost 100,000,000$ worth of prize. But since you dont know this you think you didnt.

Do you get my point?
I agree it's the same, but agian Bitcoin is one big gamble. At the end of the day who knew what the value of Bitcoin would end up becoming. Things take time to establish and gain value.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:03:51 AM

Do you get my point?
I agree it's the same, but agian Bitcoin is one big gamble. At the end of the day who knew what the value of Bitcoin would end up becoming. Things take time to establish and gain value.
you just need more experience and have a good prediction about price of bitcoin.
although sometimes the predictions are wrong, with as time goes on we can certainly
Butoeskor

Activity: 388

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:40:44 AM

I seem absurd to buy a pizza with bitcoin. I read the story about the famous pizza, and really do not understand how you can make this type of transaction. I'm not in the BTC to buy pizzas, but I hope one day I can buy a pizza in bitcoin XD.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:12:41 PM

I seem absurd to buy a pizza with bitcoin. I read the story about the famous pizza, and really do not understand how you can make this type of transaction. I'm not in the BTC to buy pizzas, but I hope one day I can buy a pizza in bitcoin XD.

Depending on where you live you can already order pizza and other food online with bitcoin just like you would with a normal credit card
just 2 examples
https://www.foodler.com/user/Bitcoin.do
http://www.takeaway.com/
PieCrafted

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:23:59 AM

You should have kept your btc.

Sold it when it was 1000$ a coin, make the big bucks.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: