Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 637014 times)
TheBaconAteHer

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:53:29 PM

Hello all, I'm new here. Missed out on the BTC train back in 13' but have been monitoring altcoins lately because I see and understand the future of commerce in regards to our current digital revolution. It seems clear to me that there is no doubt, there will be another wave of people getting extremely rich from picking a few winning altcoins, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss it this time around! So, here's the thing. I have been watching XRP like a hawk for almost two weeks now. I've never gotten around to figuring out the fundamentals of crypto-wallets and actually buying any coins. I've read about it extensively, but the security aspect scares me since I'm no hacker or security expert and I'm almost positive a few of my devices (specifically one PC and a laptop) are compromised and are probably part of a botnet. I recently acquired a MacBook Pro and I think that would be the device I would use to do trading since it's much more secure than any of my windows machines. But, about 4-5 days ago, when XRP was still a penny(USD) I decided that I was ready to buy. I googled "how to buy XRP" and decided on bitstamp for my XRP  exchange and coinmama to buy BTC with my credit card to transfer to bitstamp. It took me days to apply and get verified for all these different sites, and was researching how wallets work and trying to decide on one. All of this was taking FOREVER, and by the time I got verified and was able to actually use the exchange, I had been watching the price go up and UP AND upppppp and being powerless to do anything  until the high yesterday Got to $0.07USD and I just about lost it. I was looking to buy about $10,000 worth at a penny, so you could probably understand my pain. At this point I've pretty much given up, this shit is really way too complicated for the average joe, and I'm actually quite good with computers and I understand exactly how blockchain technology works but the whole wallet/exchange system is not very user-friendly at all for noobs, and I just feel like I can't risk such a large chunk of money I don't even have(credit) just trying to figure this out. I know I basically missed the boat and it frustrates me more than anything since I saw it coming so damn early. And had absolutely no way to capitalize on it since it's so damn complicated. I still don't even know where to get a ripple wallet. The thing that scares me the most is with these digital currencies, you can get your shit stolen in the blink of an eye for just a slight misstep, or using a compromised device. I even installed armory on an offline laptop, and even THAT ended up freezing on the screen to print a paper backup, so I couldn't even do that right. Are there any senior members here that could help me out? I'm just a 30 year old guy with a young family trying to get in on this train before it leaves the station, any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Relictus

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:26:58 PM

Ripple the company and its founders (including Jed McCaleb - the guy who wrote MtGox code) hold up to 85B XRP out of 99 total. There is no clearly defined strategy of distributing those XRP (only Jed's lawsuit agreement and some OTC sales). There is no guarantee that a bank or other FI will ever have to use RCL or XRP for that matter.

The only bank that has ever used RCL for value transfer was Fidor bank. You can still locate the issuing wallets and counterparty transfer to SnapSwapUs. Neither of these services use RCL now.

Does this mean there can be 85B XRP dumped at any time by the company and the founders? Can anyone confirm this information, that they own 85% of the Coins for now?

Which are exactly the disadvantages? I'm looking forward to hear more info and news about the coin. It became interesting instantly yesterday for me, I watched the trading volume and its price all day long and didn't expect the day to end in such a huge price increase.

Do you, guys still think it's a good investment..?

Just another bunch of crap info from someone who doesn't do research.

The supply of XRP is being burnt on every XRP transaction, so even if that was true it wouldn't even matter because the supply is being burnt on every Ripple transaction in any currency. So if you use Ripple to transfer Canadian to American dollars then that will also burn the XRP supply

Oh, that's a good one.
"The current minimum transaction cost required by the network for a standard transaction is 0.00001 XRP (10 drops). It sometimes increases due to higher than usual load."
https://ripple.com/build/transaction-cost/

You may find the actual amount of fees burnt on Ripplecharts https://charts.ripple.com/#/metrics

With introduction of PaymentChannels, you don't have to spend XRP on fees, since you may transact virtually 100000txs/second and the fees only apply to a final settlement. Which is one transaction.

Total amount of XRP available is 99000000000. How many years would it take to burn at least one billion in fees? Smiley

As of March 12th, 2017
*Total includes business development agreements that are still pending
TOTAL XRP HELD BY RIPPLE 62,657,673,585
TOTAL XRP HELD BY OTHERS 37,338,114,912*

Jed and co-founders stash (~15-20B XRP) is part of the number of XRP held by others.

There is no legally binding document that would prevent large quantities of XRP to enter the market. In fact, Ripple-the-company sells XRP to fund its operations. Continuously.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:32:22 PM

No rockets warming up. Just the rumble before the fart...
Cheesy

Thanks @ coinsmanager. I will watch this video later.

lol, i said warming up....
2k @ bottom is amazing considering 3days ago 2k wasnt even the top  Smiley
needed more fuel  (not enough XRP on sell side when it hit 7k)
fuel is there now   Wink
hopefully many of you caught the dip....be prepared to see some huge greenies, wiping out many shorts

gona have me sum fun for next 12 hours  Tongue  ( might slap on a BB wall at 5k lol )

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
wingfr

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:15:54 AM

Hello all, I'm new here. Missed out on the BTC train back in 13' but have been monitoring altcoins lately because I see and understand the future of commerce in regards to our current digital revolution. It seems clear to me that there is no doubt, there will be another wave of people getting extremely rich from picking a few winning altcoins, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss it this time around! So, here's the thing. I have been watching XRP like a hawk for almost two weeks now. I've never gotten around to figuring out the fundamentals of crypto-wallets and actually buying any coins. I've read about it extensively, but the security aspect scares me since I'm no hacker or security expert and I'm almost positive a few of my devices (specifically one PC and a laptop) are compromised and are probably part of a botnet. I recently acquired a MacBook Pro and I think that would be the device I would use to do trading since it's much more secure than any of my windows machines. But, about 4-5 days ago, when XRP was still a penny(USD) I decided that I was ready to buy. I googled "how to buy XRP" and decided on bitstamp for my XRP  exchange and coinmama to buy BTC with my credit card to transfer to bitstamp. It took me days to apply and get verified for all these different sites, and was researching how wallets work and trying to decide on one. All of this was taking FOREVER, and by the time I got verified and was able to actually use the exchange, I had been watching the price go up and UP AND upppppp and being powerless to do anything  until the high yesterday Got to $0.07USD and I just about lost it. I was looking to buy about $10,000 worth at a penny, so you could probably understand my pain. At this point I've pretty much given up, this shit is really way too complicated for the average joe, and I'm actually quite good with computers and I understand exactly how blockchain technology works but the whole wallet/exchange system is not very user-friendly at all for noobs, and I just feel like I can't risk such a large chunk of money I don't even have(credit) just trying to figure this out. I know I basically missed the boat and it frustrates me more than anything since I saw it coming so damn early. And had absolutely no way to capitalize on it since it's so damn complicated. I still don't even know where to get a ripple wallet. The thing that scares me the most is with these digital currencies, you can get your shit stolen in the blink of an eye for just a slight misstep, or using a compromised device. I even installed armory on an offline laptop, and even THAT ended up freezing on the screen to print a paper backup, so I couldn't even do that right. Are there any senior members here that could help me out? I'm just a 30 year old guy with a young family trying to get in on this train before it leaves the station, any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Wow, next time please make paragraphs  Grin

I didn't get it : you said you created a wallet and are now ready for exchange but don't know how wallet/exchange work ? But what exactly ? FYI you can create a Ripple wallet on Bitstamp with a single click Wink

About security : I think you worry too much. Most marketplace (except Poloshit) are safe and stable. I am also a newbie in trading but I personnaly use Kraken, recommended by people using it since several years. And it looks pretty solid, I'm not worried at all.

About XRP : maybe you missed the train but you have another chance to get in, right now, before the long haul. Your choice !
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:12:59 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 02:01:15 AM by Mrpumperitis

Four Key Blockchain Use Cases for Banks: FinTech Network Report
April 03, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/four-key-blockchain-use-cases-for-banks-fintech-network-report-cm769183

The whitepaper cites Ripple's protocol as an example of blockchain-based payment system for banks: "Ripple can be used by banks for an open-source approach to payments to replace many of the common intermediaries in the payments industry, thereby passing on savings to partner institutions, and thus by extension, to their customers. Thus blockchain can be used to make payments in real-time globally, with real-time execution, complete transparency, real-time fraud analysis and prevention and also at a reasonable cost."

Cool Grin

btw hodl..whales are not losing their position on XRP...only noobs are being pushed into panic selling to them
(like many here, ive saw price suppresion on lots of coins...lets the big boys accumulate low)

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:37:28 AM

get in now

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:08:23 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 05:22:28 AM by Mrpumperitis

http://www.enterpriseinnovation.net/article/forty-seven-japanese-banks-go-commercial-ripple-platform-1140300448
2017-03-07
“The Japan Bank Consortium’s use of Ripple to solve problems with their domestic and cross-border payments is another proof point that we are transforming how money is sent around the world,” said CEO of Ripple Brad Garlinghouse. “Ripple’s continued momentum towards commercialization is another step towards creating the Internet of Value.”

Over 90 banks globally are working with Ripple, including 15 of the top 50 global banks such as Santander, Bank of America and Axis Bank. On top of that, over 30 pilots have been completed and 10 banks are moving into commercial use.

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/3562-japan%E2%80%99s-largest-hedge-fund-joined-sbi-ripple-asias-consortium/

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/news/pdf/2017/0331_a_en.pdf  
 March  31,  2017 SBI Holdings, Inc.
1.    Background of the reorganization of subsidiaries
While technological   innovation   in   financial   services   is gathering universal attention, the   SBI   Group  incorporates subsidiaries that  conduct  various FinTech-related  businesses,  such  as  online  settlement,  social lending servicesand international remittance as well as cloud services of back-office operations, respectively.
2.    Change of SBI AXES
’corporate name In accordance with the reorganization, SBI AXES, which is SBIH’s subsidiary, will form a business group that affiliates  multiple  FinTech-related  businesses  of  the  SBI  Group.  Going  forward,  SBI  AXES  will endeavor  to  further enhance corporate value by accelerating its growth from placing these FinTech-related businesses at the heart of its business as well as developing services with high customer benefits through the aggressive adoption of new elemental technologies ,including blockchain.

2Hatiz

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:48:52 AM

Hi,

There's no doubt that there is heavy interest in Ripple technology.

The important question is whether or not banks will use XRP along with the Ripple Protocol, which, from what I've gathered so far, is optional.
If using XRP banks will saves a lot of money, then why is MUFG making their own coin?

Anyone got thoughts on the distinction between XRP and RCL?
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:51:54 AM

get in now
better to follow and buy while the price still not too high, wait for a couple of days and see how big the value will be, i seen it went to
7k before polo got some freeze issue maybe its just a try and wait to explode much bigger. keep holding.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:41:37 AM

tifossi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:57:25 AM

Next leg ~9000-10000
BrlTrader

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:04:54 AM

Next leg ~9000-10000

There's still time, 200% profit  Wink
akbari1

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

i hope to see an ATH again, because of ripple and the technology behind it...but poloniex ))  Sad Angry
mfqrs3

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

i hope to see an ATH again, because of ripple and the technology behind it...but poloniex ))  Sad Angry

I doubt we will see ATH or anything near it. Polo is standard POS Wink
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

Do we know what was the cause of the rise in the price?
Was there a new news that could affect the price 100% of what it was one day earlier? If there is no such news involved that makes sense fort he price, I am sorry but there is a big chance it was just a pump and dump.
neokensou

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:46:42 PM

Was there a new news that could affect the price 100% of what it was one day earlier? If there is no such news involved that makes sense fort he price, I am sorry but there is a big chance it was just a pump and dump.

Just the news and the cheap price at that moment, I guess.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:22:49 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 01:41:49 PM by vanhalendlrband

i hope to see an ATH again, because of ripple and the technology behind it...but poloniex ))  Sad Angry

I doubt we will see ATH or anything near it. Polo is standard POS Wink

Polo keeps silencing me when I say XRP momentum was killed by the crash, right after some guy told me it wasn't I've been silenced I can't say a word to reply how it was and how I have screen captures of it.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:43:23 PM

There was big news on Friday and yesterday. Not at all a pump and dump.

Poloniex "crashed" when XRP hit 7000 and SEVERAL coins tanked because investors were scared Poloniex was trying to run off with the money. The price right now should be twice as high, and the only reason its not is because of the Poloniex scam on sunday. I do not trust poloniex at all anymore.
wingfr

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:30:03 PM

Poloniex "crashed" when XRP hit 7000 and SEVERAL coins tanked because investors were scared Poloniex was trying to run off with the money. The price right now should be twice as high, and the only reason its not is because of the Poloniex scam on sunday. I do not trust poloniex at all anymore.

100% agree.

I hope people who owns a wallet on Poloshit will leave. But Polo is so huge...
luka4x

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:59:14 PM

Yes i agree but I don´t understand this reaction, just a connectivity problem, 2 weeks ago a dDos attack...maybe investors haven't forgotten Mt Gox bad memory
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: