Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636971 times)
bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:16:42 PM

i hve buy some of this coin. so much potential in it.yet still to be low in market.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:23:19 PM

http://bitsonline.com/ripple-poaches-business-director/
Delatinne added that her decision to join Ripple was motivated by her belief that the financial industry was in need of an overdue technological overhaul. She thinks the industry is looking for modern payment solutions, not outdated infrastructure. Smiley  ( XRP should hire me, i see the same vision )
Finally, while SWIFT is certainly feeling the pressure the upstart company is putting on them.... Cool

While it’s true that this year has been, in general, the year of the altcoin — with a few having dramatic price increases — Ripple may have had the most dramatic uptick of them all, jumping 101% in just 24 hours. Wink Tongue
(thats nothing compared to whats gonna happen)

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:45:04 PM

Ripple has introduced new features to improve the Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL) and Interledger Protocol (ILP) to improve transaction throughput, especially for cross-border payments. These improvements bring Ripple the same transaction revenue from Visa, the world's largest payment network, and offer a solution for cross-border cross-border payments. Under the current payment system, with banks struggling to cope with escalating transaction levels, a transaction can take anywhere from three to five days.
leepek123

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:25:40 PM

So many good news, but market doesn't react, price is still the same.
When xrp knock to the heavens door ?
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:58:20 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 05:36:52 PM by g___

So many good news, but market doesn't react, price is still the same.
When xrp knock to the heavens door ?

xrp has a massive coin supply (rightfully so given the industry / utility). a huge rise quickly would result in a sudden dump, like when the price rose to $0.08, crashing polo. people will cash out quick, profit, and likely buy again at the lower price. real value takes time to be established, and altcoins are essentially a new "digital commodity / asset". most people don't even know what altcoins are, let alone bitcoin. altcoins need more mass adoption.

i would imagine it will take some time for the price to rise and stabilize, HOWEVER given how ripple (xrp) facilitates centralized bank transactions, it's definitely set apart from other altcoins who are very much decentralized. because they're involved in mainstream banking, i consider them to be more valuable given the role they're playing and problem they're solving. i imagine the xrp price will rise more steadly over time quicker than many other alts.
Invester

Activity: 646

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:24:28 PM

I always observed some news saying ripple is already used by many banks. But what is the role of xrp tokens when ripple is getting accepted and adopted by banks and other business institutions?

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
g___

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:42:48 PM

But what is the role of xrp tokens  

from ripple's website xrp portal:

"While XRP is not required to transact on Ripple, it is uniquely positioned to create more competitive foreign exchange (FX) markets for cross-border payments. ...Trading through XRP does not require bank accounts, service fees, counterparty risk, or additional operational costs. By using XRP, liquidity providers can specialize in certain currency corridors, reduce operational costs, and ultimately, offer more competitive FX pricing."

learn more here:
https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/

ladiesBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

🌟🌟

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:35:05 PM

Shocked Shocked Cool Shocked
Update from the Faster Payments Task Force

Strategy: Plan & Position
Tuesday, April 19
9:20 AM-10:10 AM
North 222

More than 300 payment stakeholders and experts have joined together as part of the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force to identify effective approaches for a faster payments capability in the U.S. One of the most talked about outputs from the Task Force is a set of effectiveness criteria intended to define what is needed in faster payments solutions, encompassing diverse requirements related to speed, security, governance, accessibility, cost and more. Hear from industry leaders who are participating in this crucial collaboration, and  what it means to them and the industry.

Moderator: Sean Rodriguez
SVP, Faster Payments Strategy Leader, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

John Drechny
Sr. Director, Payment Services, Walmart Stores, Inc.

Tom Rea
EVP & Manager, Operations Strategy & Industry Liaison, U.S. Bank

Christina Tetreault
Staff Attorney, Consumers Union, Advocacy and Policy from Consumer Reports

Ryan Zagone
Director, Regulatory Relations, Ripple

Shocked 50% of Japans banks have joined XRP, Banks from the middle east, Bank of England testing and so is Federal Reserve for USA, once all are using XRP, they can combine and share data very easily  Shocked

Hmm maybe time to get more XRP, i seriously dont think it will be below 10cents for much longer  Cool

This and the news about bitbank is amazing I would say. Another good day of Ripple news.
whether the information is valid and reliable
so if true would kah XRP price to fly to the planet URANUS?

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:43:24 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 07:49:51 PM by Mrpumperitis

Shocked Shocked Cool Shocked
Update from the Faster Payments Task Force

Strategy: Plan & Position
Tuesday, April 19
9:20 AM-10:10 AM
North 222

More than 300 payment stakeholders and experts have joined together as part of the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force to identify effective approaches for a faster payments capability in the U.S. One of the most talked about outputs from the Task Force is a set of effectiveness criteria intended to define what is needed in faster payments solutions, encompassing diverse requirements related to speed, security, governance, accessibility, cost and more. Hear from industry leaders who are participating in this crucial collaboration, and  what it means to them and the industry.

Moderator: Sean Rodriguez
SVP, Faster Payments Strategy Leader, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

John Drechny
Sr. Director, Payment Services, Walmart Stores, Inc.

Tom Rea
EVP & Manager, Operations Strategy & Industry Liaison, U.S. Bank

Christina Tetreault
Staff Attorney, Consumers Union, Advocacy and Policy from Consumer Reports

Ryan Zagone
Director, Regulatory Relations, Ripple

Shocked 50% of Japans banks have joined XRP, Banks from the middle east, Bank of England testing and so is Federal Reserve for USA, once all are using XRP, they can combine and share data very easily  Shocked

Hmm maybe time to get more XRP, i seriously dont think it will be below 10cents for much longer  Cool

This and the news about bitbank is amazing I would say. Another good day of Ripple news.
whether the information is valid and reliable
so if true would kah XRP price to fly to the planet URANUS?

it is true  Smiley...and theres something else happining soon that will show you how true, xrp ripple working with federal reserve task force is  Wink

hope you got a gd spacesuit...we are going past uranus lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:49:34 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 07:50:05 PM by Mrpumperitis

http://www.cityam.com/262966/leaked-files-suggest-us-national-security-agency-accessed

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-swift-idUSKBN17G1HC

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hacked-files-suggest-nsa-penetrated-swift-middle-east-banks-2138045057

Fri Apr 14, 2017
The release included computer code that could be adapted by criminals to break into Swift servers and monitor messaging activity, said Shane Shook, a cybersecurity consultant who has helped banks investigate breaches of their Swift systems.

oo swift's in trouble..........again  Tongue

Stock up as much XRP as you can while its still soo cheap, the snowball effect is about to begin Cool

leepek123

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:48:00 AM

Not to the moon, not yo the uranus. Let xrp find another galaxy Smiley
wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:45:29 PM

Well XRP has been heavily pumped a few weeks ago, right?

Question must be (in optimistic version):
- How far can it go until end of this month?
- Why will it go there?

I am undecided at the moment. If this brutal push wouldn't have been there I would say: sure moon, urAnus or which ever dimensions, but now?
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:57:31 PM

- Why will it go there?

I am undecided at the moment. If this brutal push wouldn't have been there I would say: sure moon, urAnus or which ever dimensions, but now?

You can not call that brutal push imho, XRP was very, very undervalued (around 600 satoshi in march) considering on all assets they own and media they run. I do not expect any dramatic change this month, it might grow up to 3100-3200. I suspect another rise starting from end of May, where a lot of events will be in place (https://ripple.com/events/) up to end of June. I think it can be very good time to go to somewhere 3.5-5k.

XRP is a long term and so far stable currency with big vision and ambitious, do not expect it explode, expect it to be developed.
wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:02:48 PM

- Why will it go there?

You can not call that brutal push imho, XRP was very, very undervalued (around 600 satoshi in march) considering on all assets they own and media they run. I do not expect any dramatic change this month, it might grow up to 3100-3200. I suspect another rise starting from end of May, where a lot of events will be in place (https://ripple.com/events/) up to end of June. I think it can be very good time to go to somewhere 3.5-5k.

XRP is a long term and so far stable currency with big vision and ambitious, do not expect it explode, expect it to be developed.

Ok, I rectify my statement. Let's call it a positive adjustment. However, it was still quite impressive for a coin like XRP (with already existing reputation etc).
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:33:57 PM

- Why will it go there?

Ok, I rectify my statement. Let's call it a positive adjustment. However, it was still quite impressive for a coin like XRP (with already existing reputation etc).

In long term, not last Wink
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:11:39 PM

What is there to say that the ripple coin should be worth more than it is? Maybe with growth over a year it could be twice what it is, but it has infinite supply and controlled by ripple corp. What other coins with billions of coins in existence are priced as high as ripple? Better off investing in something with low supply. It seems even pink coin could be worth more than ripple coin.
g___

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:26:23 PM

...but it has infinite supply and controlled by ripple corp.

wrong. 100 billion total, no more can be created per the protocol's rules.

ripple corp / owners can only sell at a mediated rate over a series of years that should stabilize price and enable some degree of trust in the market. they also only own 20% of all shares. although still high, the rest has been (and will be) donated to non-profits, charities, and the ripple foundation to further innovation.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 11:45:41 PM

ripple corp / owners can only sell at a mediated rate over a series of years that should stabilize price and enable some degree of trust in the market. they also only own 20% of all shares. although still high, the rest has been (and will be) donated to non-profits, charities, and the ripple foundation to further innovation.

I am wondering how could the developer can only own 20% of all shares?  Isn't they initially own 100% of that share?  Then they will sell 80% and leaving at most 20% for them?  So that is around 20 Billion token if I am not mistaken.  Well there is no sane corporation that will dump their holdings to crash the market.  It was just laid beautifully but the fact, they will sell when they see the price is going up.  Charities and non-profits, do they really exist?  Excuse me but I have seen lots of stuff giving grants and stuff to their own organization, I hope Ripple is different. 

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
g___

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:27:17 AM

I am wondering how could the developer can only own 20% of all shares?  Isn't they initially own 100% of that share?  Then they will sell 80% and leaving at most 20% for them?  So that is around 20 Billion token if I am not mistaken.  Well there is no sane corporation that will dump their holdings to crash the market.  It was just laid beautifully but the fact, they will sell when they see the price is going up.  Charities and non-profits, do they really exist?  Excuse me but I have seen lots of stuff giving grants and stuff to their own organization, I hope Ripple is different. 

yes, the founders have (had) 20% of all existing shares to add stability and confidence to xrp. supposedly of that 20%, half of that has been donated to non profits / charities. remember most ceo's, founders, and president's of companies typically retain the majority of shares within a company, so ripple is no different in that sense.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:11:59 AM

Thanks for explaining that one, another common misconception is somehow XRP has an infinite supply and it does not and as you say no more XRP can ever be created.

On top of that the supply is constantly burnt so the only thing that can happen is less XRP supply over time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: