Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636345 times)
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:33:44 PM

ps          past 30days...XRP still up 400% ( after 1100% increase ) ...BTC up 25%  lols

XRP has done a good retrace of around 60%+ , and floor is always getting higher...this is healthy for the next run up

imo , its silly to sell now , with a low price and so many good developments...this is a coin to hodl

I agree i just keep buying more as it goes down i don't give a flyin eff i know what this coin is gonna do just like you
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:15:17 PM

BTC on the move to between 1300-1500, XRP might not have news until Consensus 2017, so it might hit 1800-1200 low, just for another jump, why not?

Anyway now might be moderate time to enter, but we never know...
Invester

Activity: 646

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:31:27 PM

ps          past 30days...XRP still up 400% ( after 1100% increase ) ...BTC up 25%  lols

XRP has done a good retrace of around 60%+ , and floor is always getting higher...this is healthy for the next run up

imo , its silly to sell now , with a low price and so many good developments...this is a coin to hodl

I agree i just keep buying more as it goes down i don't give a flyin eff i know what this coin is gonna do just like you

If XRP will go lower than 2000 sat I will buy another batch. Most of my savings right now are invested in crypto. Hopefully I am doing this right which I am confident. I just hope I won't need much money so I can have the chance to see XRP at around 100,000 sat.  Grin

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:33:04 PM

https://payments.nacha.org/

Payments 2017 convention taking place next week and Ripple is presenting at 2 seperate booths and their booth is right beside the main NACHA booth on the floor.

IBM is there and many other big players, on the other side of Ripple is the Shazam booth.

I imagine we will be hearing some news leading up to this big event for Ripple from April 23rd to April 26th in Austin Texas.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/NACHAPayments/2017/Public/eventmap.aspx?shExhList=1 some pretty major banks at this event as well. American Express, Moneygram, Western Union.

This conference is all about making payments faster not just cryptocurrency, Ripple being the only thing there that i can see that can deal with both 1,000 times per second and should be the most relevant booth to what everyone there at this convention is looking for.
https://www.nacha.org/
PAYMENTS 2017
Austin, TX
Discover a unique conference experience as the industry continues to move towards faster payments.

xrp right now can do over 56k txps...sweet

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:01:20 PM

https://payments.nacha.org/

Payments 2017 convention taking place next week and Ripple is presenting at 2 seperate booths and their booth is right beside the main NACHA booth on the floor.

IBM is there and many other big players, on the other side of Ripple is the Shazam booth.

I imagine we will be hearing some news leading up to this big event for Ripple from April 23rd to April 26th in Austin Texas.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/NACHAPayments/2017/Public/eventmap.aspx?shExhList=1 some pretty major banks at this event as well. American Express, Moneygram, Western Union.

This conference is all about making payments faster not just cryptocurrency, Ripple being the only thing there that i can see that can deal with both 1,000 times per second and should be the most relevant booth to what everyone there at this convention is looking for.
https://www.nacha.org/
PAYMENTS 2017
Austin, TX
Discover a unique conference experience as the industry continues to move towards faster payments.

xrp right now can do over 56k txps...sweet

Have you seen the location of the Ripple booth on the floor? Its right beside the nacha booth, they also have a second meeting pool booth i believe it was called.

Ripple is going to be looking to make a big impression this Sunday through Wednesday.

I know i mentioned that above but for anyone that hasn't seen you must know this.
fkod

Activity: 594

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:49:59 PM

BTC strongly continue up trend. Money shift from alt coins to Bitcoin. Therefore staying in the Ripple very risky. Especially entering during the risings more risky. The btc factor makes it difficult.
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:53:04 PM

BTC strongly continue up trend. Money shift from alt coins to Bitcoin. Therefore staying in the Ripple very risky. Especially entering during the risings more risky. The btc factor makes it difficult.

The XRP maintained the same price from April 1st while bitcoin climbed. Its climbing again despite bitcoin going back up. Its not dependant on BTC prices really.
fkod

Activity: 594

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:05:51 PM

The XRP maintained the same price from April 1st while bitcoin climbed. Its climbing again despite bitcoin going back up. Its not dependant on BTC prices really.

I agree. Also you right. Ripple is can be strong against Bitcoin when it have support. All this depends on the preferences of large investors.
vsyc

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:19:23 PM

Market capacity is growing as-well, not just because people quit alts, just new investment come and first that they get converted to is BTC (or ETH, or LTC). I think end of week we going to hit 30 billion overall market cap.
vsyc

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:34:39 PM

Ripple is has to be enabled everywhere, now! http://www.coindesk.com/spreads-widen-bitcoin-exchanges-amid-bitfinex-banking-issues/
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:31:11 AM

Even though the price of BTC is increasing XRP is securing its price, so coming to the price XRP will be higher because many people have a lot of confidence in it, last time it touched around 7k sats.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:54:41 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-20/bbva-taps-blockchain-to-make-international-payments-in-seconds
 Edward Robinson
21 April 2017,
Blockchain may finally be moving out of the lab and into the marketplace.

Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA, Spain’s No. 2 lender, has executed its first cross-border payments through a system based on the software that supports bitcoin, the company announced Friday. Using a program built by Ripple, a San Francisco firm, BBVA has transferred about 50 euro-denominated payments to Mexico from Spain in seconds. Such transactions normally take up to four days to clear, the bank said.
wooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:53:41 PM

just a thought.....

Banks that are using/testing and loving XRP Ripple.....
afaik the XRP they are using is borrowed...
at some point (soon) they will have to buy it
The banks that use the XRP network first, get  cheaper or more XRP than the the late comers.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:57:42 PM

WOW ...ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER...
A few months ago....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZckgnFDUOU8  
Retail Remittances
Published on Dec 9, 2016
customers expect an easy and low-cost way to send and receive money instantly, especially across borders. Yet existing payment systems make it hard for banks to provide this service. Ripple’s distributed financial technology helps overcome this challenge. With Ripple, banks can offer low-cost retail remittance services anywhere in the world.

TODAY....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otERf5Nn9e8
Published on Apr 21, 2017
内外為替一元化コンソーシアム Rippleを活用した送金プラットフォーム「RC Cloud」のコンセプト
Ripple RC

This is awesome progress....watch out for many more countries doing the same...very quickly....

2017 belongs to XRP

ladiesBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

🌟🌟

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

Retail Remittances
Published on Dec 9, 2016
customers expect an easy and low-cost way to send and receive money instantly, especially across borders. Yet existing payment systems make it hard for banks to provide this service. Ripple’s distributed financial technology helps overcome this challenge. With Ripple, banks can offer low-cost retail remittance services anywhere in the world.

TODAY....
Ripple RC

This is awesome progress....watch out for many more countries doing the same...very quickly....

2017 belongs to XRP
Will the ripple fly to URANUS
A lot of good news on Riplle but there is only a small reaction from traders

vsyc

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:48:52 PM

Retail Remittances
Published on Dec 9, 2016

TODAY....
Ripple RC

2017 belongs to XRP
Will the ripple fly to URANUS
A lot of good news on Riplle but there is only a small reaction from traders

Really? yesterday it was 2200 and everyone were crying why they entered on 2500, today you could sell it for 2800, more over for a month between 2000-3000. If you want every month 6x-10x, than its a wrong world man. If you short term trader with good budget, XRP makes your month for sure.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:56:39 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 09:25:18 PM by Mrpumperitis

FinTech and the Transformation of Financial Services + RIPPLE XRP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V6BBZcZDBs

watch this...wow....

check out the proposition1 ,  73% agree on distributed ledgers taking over fintech more than ai, within 3-5years
lots to learn for everybody....collaboration between fiat and crypto worlds is just begining.
big changes are coming ...with XRP leading the way

well done XRP Ripple  Smiley

ps Mr Zagone...well spoken, cheers

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:01:08 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 09:44:29 PM by Mrpumperitis

<------------buying XRP (yea i know btc is near an ATH lol..but XRP will X more than btc)

the news is solid...the price will catch up, no matter what, XRP will be #1 crypto coin by the end of 2017

Nacha next week then May is a huge month for XRP.. Wink

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:29:10 PM

http://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/15907/1/1/1
リーダシップ
Ripple
2017/04/21

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:44:55 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 12:21:08 AM by Mrpumperitis

Ripple Reddit user...ripcurldog (thanks m8)

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf
Very informative, highly reccomend every Rippler reads this.

*As a digital asset, XRP is a useful trading instrument to reduce spreads and expedite market
thickness. In this paper, we will dive deeper into this concept. We will compare how cross-border
payment processing works in legacy systems versus on Ripple and on Ripple using XRP as a
bridge asset. We will detail an industry-first ROI analysis of distributed financial technology and
digital assets for global interbank transactions.

Page 6
The Cost-Cutting Case for Banks - The ROI of Using Ripple and XRP for Global Interbank Settlements
Ripple. All Rights Reserved.
Economic Implications of a Universal
Bridge Asset
Banks currently incur significant infrastructure costs processing cross-border payments.
Employing Ripple and XRP can help banks eliminate or lower these costs:

Foreign Exchange:
The cost of spread for the purchase and sale of a currency pair in
the wholesale market at institutional rates. This spread can be between fiat currencies or
between fiat currency and XRP held on the bank’s balance sheet. When XRP is used, the
model assumes that banks hold XRP on their balance sheets and provide their own liquidity
for FX transactions. Third-party market makers can also be used.

Currency Hedging:
 The cost of hedging a basket of currencies held in nostro accounts
globally.

Treasury Operations:
The funding cost required to maintain account minimums, the
overhead of managing currencies and counterparties across accounts, and the cost of
occasionally rebalancing
 cash between those accounts locally and internationally.

Liquidity:
 Liquidity costs have two components: the cost of capital locked “in-flight” as an
international wire is processed (typically two days) and the time to fund the local nostro
account (typically one day depending on the local rail). Liquidity cost can be calculated as the
cost of funds applied to the time-weighted average amount of capital locked up.

Payment Operations:
 The manual intervention cost of exceptions and error handling
requiring headcount and the cost of using local rails.

Basel III (LCR)
:
 The opportunity cost to the sending institution of holding lower-yielding,
high-quality liquid assets (as designated by pending Basel III regulations) against credit
exposure during the in-flight period.
For a representative respondent bank
 with $12 billion in annual payment volume (across 5
corridors, 157,000 transactions/month, global average transaction size of $6,300 for international
transactions) and a 6 percent cost of capital

page 9
Now let’s evaluate cost savings to our representative bank using Ripple and XRP as a universal
bridge asset. The cost model below assumes our same respondent bank converts 50 percent
of its payments-related float into XRP after implementing Ripple, custodying the XRP itself.
Banks can either source and custody XRP themselves or contract third-party liquidity providers. Shocked
Currency hedging is the only cost with an initial, short-term increase due to the potential higher
volatility of XRP as a new asset. As XRP gains usage, this volatility is expected to trend downward

page 11
This model includes a conservative assumption of hedging costs with initially high volatility of
XRP. However, institutional holdings and active trading of XRP can greatly reduce the volatility of
XRP, significantly lowering the hedging costs. In a low volatility state, assuming the volatility of
XRP is the same as that of a basket of liquid global currencies,
Shocked  costs can decrease an additional
3.8 bps ($10 billion system-wide)
21 or 60 percent compared to the current system, translating to
total system-wide cost savings of over $33 billion annually with lower volatility of XRP.

An incentive program stimulates XRP adoption in market making by rebating liquidity providers
for quoting against XRP in the immediate term, thereby supporting spread reduction over time
against a new asset. The incentive serves to offset volatility risk for market makers and provides
an algorithmic distribution schedule for XRP. As adoption and use of XRP increases, so does its
liquidity and price stability.
More gd info
https://ripple.com/files/ripple_vision.pdf
What’s in it for third-party liquidity providers?
Through its novel design, Ripple facilitates competitive bidding on liquidity provisioning.
Third-party market makers, such as hedge funds, enjoy access to an entirely new and ever-
growing opportunity to provide liquidity for global payments, profiting from spreads.  Shocked

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: