Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:50:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636344 times)
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:07:23 PM

But don't you think the execution of cryptoban in China on 30.sept. would drag down all cryptos?
Maybe it would be smart to wait. The announcement alone had deep impact on almost all currency's.

Who knows...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:54:18 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sibos-swell-two-visions-future-finance-don-tapscott/?trackingId=Zzzov5DeKaMTVrY8NXc1yw%3D%3D

Ten thousand of the world’s most powerful bankers will assemble here in Toronto October 16-19 for the annual Sibos congress. The mood will be unsettled and - with a little luck - sparks will fly.

Our global financial system serves billions of customers and supports a global economy worth more than $100 trillion. Since the crash of Wall Street in September of 2008, the financial industry has been under pressure to change.

Today, the overall state of the current financial system can only be described as dire.

It is antiquated, a kludge of industrial technologies and paper-based processes dressed up in a digital wrapper. It is centralized, vulnerable to data breaches, systems failures and cyberattacks that seem all too frequent. It is exclusive, denying billions of people access to the basic financial tools needed to improve their overall well-being. It is opaque, consistently baffling monetary policy-makers and financial regulators due to the strict compartmentalization of oversight. It is elitist, with industry executives receiving compensation far beyond the compensation provided to executives in other industries.

And it is monopolistic, stubbornly lobbying for the status quo and stifling the kind of disruptive innovation which serves as the bedrock for prosperity.

In 2008, through bad incentives and worse behavior, this industry very nearly brought down the global capitalist system.

These factors pulling for change are being boosted by a technological push. Blockchain – the technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple – threatens to disrupt and even displace entire parts of the industry.

All this is coming to a head in Toronto this October. Sibos is the largest and most important conference of financial industry. Its organized by SWIFT, the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications, which provides a platform for financial institutions to share information about their transactions.

My history with Sibos is interesting to say the least. In September 2008, I delivered the closing keynote address to the entire congress in Vienna. But the timing was bizarre, as this speech happened just two days after the Lehman Brothers fell and the banking was world sent into a tailspin.  In the audience were thousands of stunned bankers, although some had left the event realizing that they had just unceremoniously lost their jobs. The term “deer in the headlights” comes to mind.

The night before my address, I decided to retire my powerpoint and shoot from the hip. I told them that they would remember the world up to this day and the world after this day – that it was a punctuation point in global history. I used the address to detail what I thought were the most egregious flaws in the financial sector.

Almost a decade after I gave that address, Sibos is coming to my own backyard here in Toronto. It occurred to me some time ago that given my Canadian connection I might be asked once again keynote the conference.

I sat by my phone for a few months, but still no call. Was it something I said?

Finally, my phone rang. While I was asked to deliver a keynote during Sibos, I wouldn’t be delivering it at Sibos. I was asked to deliver the closing keynote for an alternative conference running in Toronto at the same time, called Swell.

Swell is being organized by Ripple, a leading blockchain company who apparently felt that these topics were not being properly addressed at Sibos. It will feature two other keynotes, one from former Chairman of the US Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke, and the other from the inventor of the worldwide web Tim Berners-Lee. A number of other leaders in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain revolution will speak, including Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin.

My closing talk is entitled: “Blockchain Revolution: The State of the World.”

Whereas my address at Sibos in 2008 outlined problems in the financial world, my address to Swell attendees will discuss solutions – the radical transformations in the global economy – particularly how blockchain technology is revolutionizing the financial industry. 

It’s difficult to overstate blockchain’s potential to fundamentally change the way we do business. By removing the need for non-value adding intermediaries to provide trust in transactions, blockchain has the ability to assure everyone benefits from economic growth – not just the very few.

Banks should not view this as a threat but rather a call to action.

As for the State of the World, there are many burning questions to address:

What is hype and what is reality? To what extent are banks embracing this new technology, versus establishing themselves as impediments to change? Where are the real opportunities? Is the new wave of ICOs (the blockchain crowdfunding efforts that have already raised over $2 billion dollars this year) a bubble? How will the Chinese government’s recent actions affect the world of cryptocurrencies?  To what extent is the rising tide of hard sovereignty and protectionism a threat to the potential benefits of a truly global distributed ledger? What kinds of regulation make sense? Which countries are positioning themselves as leaders of the second era of the Internet. How can the stakeholders effectively govern in the blockchain era?

And of course, the most burning issue of our time: What was JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon thinking calling bitcoin a fraud?  #TheBigCryptoShort

And no, I won’t be predicting the price of any cryptocurrencies over the next year."

Mr Tapscott
MemberBerries

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:07:47 PM

Damn i didnt know this here

Seems really really strange.

1. Pboc at ripple headquarters then crackdown on icos

2. Ripple opens office in Singapore then this https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/singaporean-banks-abruptly-terminate-accounts-of-bitcoin-exchanges/

Next time it won't be coincidence.
Get some xrp
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:47:00 PM

Cryptocurrencies: China Government sends order to exchanges, they close down. BTC survives, works as designed. Value lost <20%

XRP: (Possibility) Government sends order to Ripple Labs, they close down. XRP stops working, XRP becomes worthless.

I cannot believe people still invest in a synthetic token that is controlled by 1 company and can be shut down any minute LOL  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
bitcoinnewsindo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:38:08 PM

Cryptocurrencies: China Government sends order to exchanges, they close down. BTC survives, works as designed. Value lost <20%

XRP: (Possibility) Government sends order to Ripple Labs, they close down. XRP stops working, XRP becomes worthless.

I cannot believe people still invest in a synthetic token that is controlled by 1 company and can be shut down any minute LOL  Roll Eyes
do you have a news source you mentioned that the Chinese government sent a message to RIpple labs to close all their trades?

so, they just close the trade in china while their trade in other markets all over the world do not close it

although they are owned by one of the owners but I see in the next few days the growing value of their assets you can see the fact that XRP positioned 5 big in marketcap

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:54:30 AM

XRP: (Possibility) Government sends order to Ripple Labs, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy they close down. XRP stops working, XRP becomes worthless.

Which gov is this...china? , uk?, saudi?, usa?, russia? lol
Oh the one world gov......hmmm, what if thats Ripple labs  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Tongue

Nothing stops crypto, nothing will stop XRP
internet must die, is the only choice....i dont see that happening...do you?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
cryptocan

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:30:05 AM

its childish to think a government can close ripple, they can just ban them in that country and they simply will continue in the rest of the world
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:39:48 AM

Well as long as there is internet.. good luck with banning an entire network lol.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:23:41 AM

But don't you think the execution of cryptoban in China on 30.sept. would drag down all cryptos?
Maybe it would be smart to wait. The announcement alone had deep impact on almost all currency's.

I'm not so sure. I've seen so many bad news stories over the years that I have come to believe that all negative impacting stories only temporarily affect the price of bitcoin... and thus alt cryptos as well. In fact I'm of the belief that bitcoin is about to do another 20% rally and very soon too.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:24:28 AM

shiieeet, another ripple pump n dump ;(
MemberBerries

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:06:27 AM

Haha this place is full of autistic retards...

Guys guys... google is a scam because you dont need it to use the Internet.

Autistic superpowers here are very strong
vsyc

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:43:32 PM

As more I see people like you, as more I loose faith in prosperous well being in this world...
jakeyourlilly

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:10:52 PM

I honestly am not sure that Ripple/XRP should be compared side by side to BTC/LTC, or that either of those should be compared fully to ETH. Each are so different and of the four, XRP serves a purpose which is really inherently different and exclusive from the rest.   

I don't believe that there has to be a winner between BTC / XRP, but that they would almost be more likely to coexist as fiat and gold do, today.

I am not a crypto expert by even a long shot. I research and read and I buy and HODL and rinse and repeat, but I still struggle to fully grasp the entirety of what blockchain and crypto are and will become. When someone compares the market cap of a crypto to the USD I think wow, you're right. But then I realize....woah, the U.S. is such a SMALL part of the global equation of which BTC actually applies. As you pointed out, a Chinese crackdown on BTC really did not hurt the coins value. Crypto and Blockchain are huge.

In that same regard, I see XRP as being pretty different in terms of an investment when compared to a coin like BTC or LTC. (LTC being my personal favorite digital currency for actual use and transactions due to transaction speeds).   

but Ripple Labs as I see it is a private company who built a product and has this product suite of offerings to offer their corporate customers. Ripple Labs strikes me as a decent company with a good product that can help their target market (Banks) improve their service to customers and profit margins. That gives them a neat product offering and makes it an interesting company to me. I buy XRP like I would stock in a company that I think is going somewhere, because if Ripple's application takes off in that more centralized/private world, then their "currency" will likely increase in value and use as well.

I buy BTC differently, as a store of increasing value, such as gold. 

I dont know, that's my perspective and I may not be doing a grand job of expressing how my meager intelligence is processing the crypto world, but I just see XRP and BTC in different lights, personally.

I don't see why a government entity would aim to shut down Ripple labs  and their product line anymore than they would gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or what-have-you.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:22:59 PM

Why would governments shut down their corporation friends? In the hypothetical case that there was to be one or several government shutdowns, you better believe it won't be XRP.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:43:57 AM

i think the same xrp will be the last to come in conflict with governments. Lot's of fiat invested in xrp so it's less fluctuation because of bitcoin prices when bitcoin goes down.
MemberBerries

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Nice find
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:47:17 PM

The government can't shutdown the internet and that means crypto will live forever just as XRP will. Forget about banning ICO and banning BTC on china, we already beat that. And china losses opportunity already by doing this.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:02:24 PM

Ripple is a US company headquartered in San Francisco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(company)

it takes only one court order, or one national security letter to drop XRP value to near zero....if the Chinese govt. could do that to Bitcoin, Bitcoin would be worthless now. However, their "ban" only resulted in a 20% drop.

That is the difference between a digital token and a cryptocurrency

Your autism won't protect you from reality, you know.  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
thetamind

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:44:53 AM

Ripple is a company. 

Ripple created a crypto currency called xrp.

Ripple designed that currency to target the cross border payments market to help revolutionize banking.

Ripple holds 55 billion of the 100 billion supply of xrp to be sold to banks as demand rises.

Ripple locked 55 billion xrp into smart contracts that only allow a maximum 1 billion xrp to be sold per month. Max 12billion per year. Roughly 12% inflation rate, if they sell the entire billion each month.  If they do, it means demand is far outweighing the supply, making this inflation negligible.

Ripple puts the remaining unsold portion of that 1 billion xrp, back into a new smart contract, locked away for 55 more months before it can be touched again.  So any unsold xrp at the end of each month, gets locked away for 55 more months, meaning, it will take decades for the entire supply of xrp to go live in circulation.

Ripple allows others to create validators on the network, thus, making xrp a decentralized crypto currency, even more so than bitcoin, as bitcoin is centralized by miners.  With many people running xrp validators, no authority can shut down the xrp network. Even if ripple goes bankrupt.

Ripple and xrp are related, but not tied to each other. The success of one, does not equate success of the other. However, Ripple has been successful teaming up with banks.  And xrp saves banks money and makes it easier for them to innovate and change banking as we know it. A much needed overhaul for the banking system. Banks will use xrp for the savings alone.

XRP is decentralized, and growing that decentralization, every day.

XRP  has a finite supply, and small amounts get burnt with every transaction, thus, reducing supply over time.

XRP scales faster than most, if not all other crypto currencies. with end to end settlement occuring in 3 seconds.

XRP has micro fees, unlike bitcoin.

XRP is the only crypto positioned to be mass adopted by the legal world.

XRP is a bridge to every other currency that exists on the planet through the interledger protocol. Atomic swaps is one thing, but any fiat to crypto pair, or fiat to fiat pair, or crypto to crypto is possible with ILP. Making XRP well positioned in emerging markets.

XRP has none of the issues bitcoin or ethereum is facing, and is ready for mass adoption today, without any upgrades necessary.

XRP is not centralized.

XRP is not bank controlled.

XRP is not a scam.

XRP does not go against what crypto stands for.

XRP is the crypto that will bring all crypto to mass adoption.

XRP is the best positioned crypto currency out of all of them.

XRP is tapping into the largest industry of any other crypto, 150 trillion dollars a year.

But go ahead... please continue the FUD
vsyc

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:49:23 AM

Ripple is a US company headquartered in San Francisco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(company)

it takes only one court order, or one national security letter to drop XRP value to near zero....if the Chinese govt. could do that to Bitcoin, Bitcoin would be worthless now. However, their "ban" only resulted in a 20% drop.

That is the difference between a digital token and a cryptocurrency

Your autism won't protect you from reality, you know.  Grin

It resulted almost 50% drop, and when china will shut down mining its going to be fun! There 100s reasons to shutdown bitcoin and none to do it for XRP, though your retarded brain can not even realize that.

Bitcoin to 1000000, lol, lulzers
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: