Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:03:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money  (Read 69356 times)
marty123

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:02:53 PM

Still waiting for visa debit card i ordered two days ago after wirex migration.

Still have not received dhl tracking number.

I would like to withdraw some Bitcoins but stuck due to not having a working wirex debit card.
Vito.Gambino

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:31:37 PM

Still waiting for visa debit card i ordered two days ago after wirex migration.

Still have not received dhl tracking number.

I would like to withdraw some Bitcoins but stuck due to not having a working wirex debit card.
Order a virtual card then.
httpster

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:41:20 PM

Plastic MasterCard can no longer receieve funds.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

any reason for the +20% exchange rates? Its been going on for months now. Why would you do such a thing after providing a great service for all these years.

your exchange rate changes from $1827.45 USD to $1461.95 USD ONLY AFTER your enter the amount? Why not at least show the person when they get to the screen or at the top. Why in a small size and then changed just when you enter how much you want to exchange?

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
fxaddicted

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:20:28 PM

The Idea of Disconnecting MasterCard Exchange before We even have the new Visa Card is Very BAD Idea . I thught the MasterCard will work for 60 days from the email Receiving Time !!!  Grin Grin

That Shouldn't happen
evok3d

Activity: 534

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:23:25 PM

You charge 0.001578 BTC (2.86USD) for the blockchain fee? isnt it around 0.50USD to 1USD max? on top of the huge exchange rate fees of 20%. i really dont understand.

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
marty123

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:37:26 PM

not able to withdraw my btc also giving errors, i have had about 100+ errors in your site, never had this much issue on a Bitcoin related site.

competitors are giving at 2% rate, you are charging 20%+, not fair and so much development has to be done.
Vito.Gambino

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:50:38 PM

any reason for the +20% exchange rates? Its been going on for months now. Why would you do such a thing after providing a great service for all these years.

your exchange rate changes from $1827.45 USD to $1461.95 USD ONLY AFTER your enter the amount? Why not at least show the person when they get to the screen or at the top. Why in a small size and then changed just when you enter how much you want to exchange?

https://i.imgur.com/GYPWCyV.png

I only registered today to say, how I am honestly certain Wirex are scamming, I had an account in perfect standing since last year. . made a couple of transactions via means of money in and out, through bitcoin and bank transfers, purchases online etc, seamlessly. But as soon as they upgraded to wirex 2.0 this bullshit started. I had a friend send me some money some weeks ago and it never showed up, it was just 12 pounds so i didn't bother and thought he was lying about paying back the debt he owed me, so i ignored it. but 2 weeks ago I sent £50 freaking pounds into my account from MY BANK ACCOUNT and it NEVER showed up!!! I have sent series of emails to support and all I ever got back was "your account was blocked by the bank for suspicious activities, we have told them to unblock it", that was a week ago, and till date nothing has been done. I don't want to dissuade anyone but if I were you I will desist from using their services until this issue with their system is rectified.

This isn't looking too good. .  They use to be decent as E-coin , I don't get whats going on with them anymore.
httpster

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

The Idea of Disconnecting MasterCard Exchange before We even have the new Visa Card is Very BAD Idea . I thught the MasterCard will work for 60 days from the email Receiving Time !!!  Grin Grin

That Shouldn't happen

Indeed, in the newsletter they said MC will work for the next 60 days, but no mention of disabling top-up immidiately. Basically no one can use ATM anymore, until new card arrive.
fxaddicted

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:04:50 PM

Still waiting a reply regarding MasterCard Exchange . I can't believe this is true . how come you Disable that before anyone get the Visa replacement and what happen to "60 days" you guys mention about MasterCard ? this is Crazy

i don't know Who's in charge right there but i can tell you his not doing good job with this Company . i have been very Loyal Customer for the last Year and i try hard to stay with you but now it seems so hard to do that and you give us every reason to just run away Because things getting worse and worse

doktor83

Activity: 2562
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 12:56:07 PM

60 days to spend your money from the card, but it looks like no more card loading...

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
httpster

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:24:15 PM

Here's the FAQ: MasterCard to Visa changeover

https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003269525
marty123

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:13:22 PM

Ordered debit card before few days to be on DHL, still no tracking number.
Vito.Gambino

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

People stay away, these guys are scamming
I can now confirm that they are blocking cards (loading) for no reason and pretending that nothing is wrong
I sent money into my account some days ago. . . Normally it takes 2 days, but its been 5 freaking days and still no money.
I contacted them and they said it takes anything from 5-7 days to reflect.
I did a simple check on my browser using a debugging tool to inspect the elements and it turns out my account has been blocked all along!
Use the inspect element tool in your browser and you should see the words see : Model is blocked in the code example below

<div class="address" ng-show="$ctrl.model.isActivated" aria-hidden="false"><span ng-bind="::$ctrl.model.name" class="ng-binding">MasterCard  • • • 5526</span></div>

<div class="status ng-hide" ng-show="$ctrl.model.isBlocked" aria-hidden="true" style=""><label translate="AccountDetails.CardBlocked" class="ng-scope">Card blocked</label> ·<a class="action-link contact-support" ng-click="openZendeskLink()" helper-link-key="plasticCard"><span ng-transclude=""><span translate="Common.Details" class="ng-scope">Details</span></span></a></div>

They were hiding it from me all along!
doktor83

Activity: 2562
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 05:04:01 PM

Wirex support can you tell me if i load my virtual card now, will i be able to transfer funds from it to my plastic Visa, once i get it ?

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Wirex (OP)

Activity: 388

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:45:31 PM

I use wirexapp for almost one year, since they were called E-coin and they always had a shitty service but always had the necessary to use it. Today I am done, I will clear how exactly this company is scamming people.

Guys, I will swap to other services and I dont get involved with a company that threats their customers like idiots, they are scamming us and we continue using their services.

I sent a ticket in order to close my account with them, they can keep my $56 USD which are locked somewhere, I thank to god is not more than that.

Hello GustavoWirex. First and foremost, I will like to offer you an apology for any inconvenience the service might have caused you. We are sorry you want to leave Wirex. However, I think it is important to address your points one by one:

Evidence #1: Money disappeard from my Plastic Master Card which I had $10 USD without using for some weeks, then it got reduced to $0.81
https://gyazo.com/fb3e528dce15a79d2dfda7afa811324c
In the evidence also are not showing my last transactions with the card (this got cleared so I can not claim how it disappeared)

#1 That can happen for a number of reasons. Maybe your "some weeks" were actually months, and the Monthly fee of 1 USD was collected. Maybe It was a glitch in the system Either way, I cannot help you or check anything about this without a support ticket number. So you should send it so we can track it and investigated further.

Evidence #2: Their ridiculous rates for BTC/USD card its almost 30%. Here is a gif when today price is $1756 www.preev.com rates and wirex claims $1747.49 which is good, but when we proceed the trade
it converts into 30% less, nice scam WIREX, good job.

https://gyazo.com/c94bc6f2f53351294a43e95d14a2944e

Paying 0.007384 BTC which is worth $13 USD in preev right now:
https://gyazo.com/81bd7e409baf20bd9645c77322f2ae8d
I will get $10 in the card.
This is 30% fees

#2: The Wirex exchange rates is explained in detail in this article:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509

As explained, the rate now depends on the amount being exchanged. The more you exchange, the better the exchange rate. Therefore, loading your card once with $500 will give you better rates than loading your card $100 five times in a row. Also, before you approve the exchange, you can see the how much you are going to get in the card, so no one is scamming you.

It's important to mention that lately, many companies dealing with bitcoin (xapo being the most recent one) announced that they would not be able to cover blockchain fees for users anymore, due to increasing number of transactions. As you surely know, the Blockchain fee is not a Wirex fee, It is the same fee for other wallets to wallet-on-chain bitcoin transfers.

Evidence #3:
I withdrawn money to the visa card TWO WEEKS AGO:
https://gyazo.com/6a9b8bdca326aa3f11ae14c33cbe2722

Funds disappeared in the air, paypal obviously sent the money as is not the first time I withdraw money there, but e-coin ignores my tickets for two weeks. And yes my account is verified.

#3: All about Paypal transaction can be found here:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000599249-FAQ-about-PayPal

As you already metioned, If you have done this many times, you know transfers from PayPal to Wirex card accounts may take up to five days. If the money was still not deposited onto your card after this timeframe, please contact PayPal for support. So basically funds don't "dissapear in the air". This transaction is handled by the issuing bank, and it might take some time to clear them out.

Finally, Wirex have been around for 3 years already, and developed the service way further than any other bitcoin debit card service. Why bother "scamming" our users, When we can aim for long term success? Come on friend, I know you are bitter about your experience, but it's better to be real, than loud.

I hope you find a better experience for you in other service. On our side, again we offer you our sincerest apology, and we will keep working to offer better and bigger options to Wirex users, like the new Expedite Card Delivery for only 9 USD, the soon to release Card-To-Card transfers, and small exchange amounts outside of the blockchain network)

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
Wirex (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:48:57 PM

People stay away, these guys are scamming
I can now confirm that they are blocking cards (loading) for no reason and pretending that nothing is wrong
I sent money into my account some days ago. . . Normally it takes 2 days, but its been 5 freaking days and still no money.
I contacted them and they said it takes anything from 5-7 days to reflect.
I did a simple check on my browser using a debugging tool to inspect the elements and it turns out my account has been blocked all along!
Use the inspect element tool in your browser and you should see the words see : Model is blocked in the code example below

<div class="address" ng-show="$ctrl.model.isActivated" aria-hidden="false"><span ng-bind="::$ctrl.model.name" class="ng-binding">MasterCard  • • • 5526</span></div>

<div class="status ng-hide" ng-show="$ctrl.model.isBlocked" aria-hidden="true" style=""><label translate="AccountDetails.CardBlocked" class="ng-scope">Card blocked</label> ·<a class="action-link contact-support" ng-click="openZendeskLink()" helper-link-key="plasticCard"><span ng-transclude=""><span translate="Common.Details" class="ng-scope">Details</span></span></a></div>

They were hiding it from me all along!

Hello. Wirex is not on the habit of scamming anyone. We actually have developed the Bitcoin debit card service way further than any other bitcoin debit card service. Why bother "scamming" our users, When we can aim for long term success? Come friend, be real.

As you might know already, for We sent an email 2 days ago, Wirex is making a changeover from MC cards to Visa cards. All you need to know about the changeover to visa can be found here:
https://wirex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003269525

We sent an email to days ago. Pelase check and review how the process will work,"

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
Wirex (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:50:28 PM

Wirex support can you tell me if i load my virtual card now, will i be able to transfer funds from it to my plastic Visa, once i get it ?

Hello. The card-to-card feature will be available soon. However, I suggest you to wait until you got your New Visa card to exchange your bitcoins. Just in case Wink

Wirex (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:52:51 PM

Watch Out guys. Wirex Mastercards suddenly blocked!!!

They are migrating to Visa, but they've just suddenly cut loading Marstercards without prior announces.

Hello. That's correct. All you need to know about the changeover to visa can be found here:
https://wirex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003269525

We sent an email three days ago. Please check and review how the process will work.

Wirex (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:53:42 PM

Why this insane exchange rate

1728$ is actual btc rate at 9:47 am forum time

1364$ is wirex btc exchange rate

27% markup, is this not fair?

we are losing 1/3 rd of our Bitcoin withdrawal.

Can you guys please fix this today. Please do not charge from us your customers more than 5 to 10%.

Hello. In the last update, we changed the way the exchange rate behave. If you want more information about Wirex Exchange rate, please visit our help website:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: