Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69313 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:30:58 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 05:36:26 AM by kano

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

By the way, remove my personal details from your BFL forum. (You stated where I live (city) in one of your threads.)

That is your official 24 hour notice. Be sure to remove it from any subsequent quotes made by other members. I'll check back in 1 day to see if it has been removed "Mr. Stalker".
City really is not an issue.

I've run a (free) site for kids (primary age) for many years - thought it's 'idle' at the moment.
The site directly promotes (and requests) to not use their real first name (and doesn't allow a last name for children) - and explains about making up a nick.
I had to make up specific rules about what they were allowed to post and decide what was restricted enough to avoid any identification
(based on no other information available)
The site is fully moderated by me - no info goes on it that I don't approve (or edit with a note of some sort)

City is the lowest level of identification I allow - and I've never had a complaint about it or issues brought up about it.
(though I did make a mistake about it early on and allowed 'School' but revoked it at my decision early on in a review of what I allowed and what some kids wanted to post)
Of course posting someone's city may have issues of personal choice, but it really isn't an issue of identification unless you are silly enough to hand out your full name to everyone and have an uncommon name.
... hmm my full name is in the cgminer source and I'm from Sydney ... lucky my name is common Cheesy

P.S. the site had over 65,000 accounts (parents and children) at it's peak around 2006 so it wasn't a small unknown site ... maybe I should go back to doing that in my spare time rather than BTC Tongue lol

P.P.S. someone delete the Radacoin post above Tongue Thanks.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:36:24 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 12:27:57 AM by PuertoLibre

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

By the way, remove my personal details from your BFL forum. (You stated where I live (city) in one of your threads.)

That is your official 24 hour notice. Be sure to remove it from any subsequent quotes made by other members. I'll check back in 1 day to see if it has been removed "Mr. Stalker".
City really is not an issue.

I've run a (free) site for kids (primary age) for many years - thought it's 'idle' at the moment.
The site directly promotes (and requests) to not use their real first name (and doesn't allow a last name for children) - and explains about making up a nick.
I had to make up specific rules about what they were allowed to post and decide what was restricted enough to avoid any identification
(based on no other information available)
The site is fully moderated by me - no info goes on it that I don't approve (or edit with a note of some sort)

City is the lowest level of identification I allow - and I've never had a complaint about it or issues brought up about it.
(though I did make a mistake about it early on and allowed 'School' but revoked it at my decision early on in a review of what I allowed and what some kids wanted to post)
Of course posting someone's city may have issues of personal choice, but it really isn't an issue of identification unless you are silly enough to hand out your full name to everyone and have an uncommon name.
... hmm my full name is in the cgminer source and I'm from Sydney ... lucky my name is common Cheesy

P.S. the site had over 65,000 accounts (parents and children) at it's peak around 2006 so it wasn't a small unknown site ... maybe I should go back to doing that in my spare time rather than BTC Tongue lol

P.P.S. someone delete the Radacoin post above Tongue
Regardless, it has been explicitly requested to be removed by the affected party. (me in this case)

He may very well chose to refuse. We can cross that bridge if it ever develops that way.

Kano, it is just bad form to leave it up if someone requests it to be taken down.

P.S. Someone just mentioned that apparently ASICMiner "Tychos ASIC" (whoever that is?) has folded shop. Extremely bad news....
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:44:21 PM

Tycho's Asic project, not ASICMINER... as far as I know....
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:02:33 AM

LOL

BFL had 3 months lead time on AVALON yet AVALON shipped first.

Fucking fail!  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 01:32:30 AM

LOL

BFL had 3 months lead time on AVALON yet AVALON shipped first.

Fucking fail!  Grin Grin Grin

That remains to be seen. If they did then good for them.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:55:23 AM

Taken from the Avalon thread:
Now that you are approaching 90 days, I supposed BFL will do the right thing and overclock yet again to compensate their good (and patient) customers with another 20GH/s. Bringing your total to about 80Gh/s.
Quite possibly, yes.
Will 60GH/s be the final number, or will we see higher than that?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:10:38 AM

Now that you are approaching 90 days, I supposed BFL will do the right thing and overclock yet again to compensate their good (and patient) customers with another 20GH/s. Bringing your total to about 80Gh/s.
Quite possibly, yes.
Well, they've said before that the chips were designed to go up to 1GHz. If the change to FCBGA fixes thermals problems, 80GH/s shouldn't be a huge problem. 7.5GH/s per chip with 16 fully unrolled cores would imply a clock speed of 469MHz (close to the 500MHz that's been talked about before, so even 10GH/s per chip would be 625MHz if they don't have to cut out cores to improve yields.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 04:45:17 AM

Quite possibly, yes.
Well, they've said before that the chips were designed to go up to 1GHz. If the change to FCBGA fixes thermals problems, 80GH/s shouldn't be a huge problem. 7.5GH/s per chip with 16 fully unrolled cores would imply a clock speed of 469MHz (close to the 500MHz that's been talked about before, so even 10GH/s per chip would be 625MHz if they don't have to cut out cores to improve yields.
First, how did you determine that 469MHz number? Second, I thought that the 500MHz number they were throwing out was for the old 40GH/s number. Now that they're running at 60GH/s, I has assumed they were clocking it closer to 750MHz, and that the final number of 80GH/s was going to be the max of 1GHz.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:05:28 AM

Look at the die shot.

16 fully unrolled cores, each producing 1 hash per clock cycle.
7500MH/s / 16 cores = 468.75MHz.

From what I remember of the announcement, the 500MHz mark was what they moved too.

Edit: Found it.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/104-shipping-2-3-weeks-2.html#post1461
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:24:31 AM

Look at the die shot.

16 fully unrolled cores, each producing 1 hash per clock cycle.
7500MH/s / 16 cores = 468.75MHz.

From what I remember of the announcement, the 500MHz mark was what they moved too.

Edit: Found it.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/104-shipping-2-3-weeks-2.html#post1461
Ah ok. That update from Josh was 10/9, and they upped their specs exactly when, end of September? They were so close I got confused and thought the 500MHz number was for the old spec.

So lets say ~500MHz means 60GH/s @ 60W. So lets say they went to 800MHz: we're talking almost 100GH/s @ 120W? Totally just guessing here.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:56:03 AM

I really hope we can all calm down. Me and PL have come to an understanding and I hope you can too Inaba. If we all have a shrewd of decorum when we post then hopefully clown/stalker/sexoffenders like Micon will just get kicked out of the community.

Says one of the biggest clowns himself.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 04:36:31 PM

It appears that one of three things is about to happen,

A) BFL lost 25k of chips due to genuine malfunctions.

B) BFL lost 25k chips they initially tried to turn a Frankenstein QFN to FCBGA configuration. (The operation was unsuccessful and 25,000 Frankensteins died)

Note: Which implies that they only expected to receive 75k by Feb 10th. So that means there may be a delay coming up for later customers.

C) For whatever reason the Fab only got 75k chips done for them on time. (Unlikely IMO)
As they usually go out at the same time.

----------------
Written by the "Excuses guy":
We only have 75k chips to start off with, not 100k anymore, just a point of fact. See update tonight or tomorrow for more information on this as well.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/796-just-ordered-my-jalape%F1o-2.html#post11856
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 07:16:06 PM

all of a sudden 25% less chips.

LOL a moving target can be expected when someone really doesn't know when things will be done.

Next it will be that the mini rigs will be 0.9Th/s instead of 1.5TH/s and the power will be 50% higher than expected.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:05:15 PM

LOL a moving target can be expected when someone really doesn't know when things will be done.

Next it will be that the mini rigs will be 0.9Th/s instead of 1.5TH/s and the power will be 50% higher than expected.

WHAT?!? BFL wrong about a specification estimate? ...surely you jest. Please cite 12 examples of something a BFL rep said that turned out to be inaccurate, then find 12 moar. I'll give you 90 seconds which should be more than enough time. Tongue

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:31:04 PM

WHAT?!? BFL wrong about a specification estimate? ...surely you jest. Please cite 12 examples of something a BFL rep said that turned out to be inaccurate, then find 12 moar. I'll give you 90 seconds which should be more than enough time. Tongue

Josh is obviously a lacky that just spouts out the next "estimate" given by the "engineers" which are working in a blackbox.

I seriously think that BFL started out with good intentions to create ASICs but then as things didnt go according to plan they panicked and made bad development decisions (money management) and are now caught in a place where they have tons of irritated customers that will cancel should they delay one more time but at the same time have no control over the actual creation of the chips/devices and can only go on the "engineer" who they paid a ton of $$ to produce these things for them.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 more delays and set of excuses and possibly have BFL run because they don't have enough money to cover ALL customer preorders should they all request a refund at the same time. (PONZI-like).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:35:10 PM

Didn't Josh say their engineers get nada if they don't produce? Odd if any respectable engineer works that way, but I do recall it being said.

No BTW, I'm not going fishing for it. ;p I get queasy going through pages of BFL fabricated bs.

I also don't believe JZ is just a little Indian within the organization. If that were the case he'd have been sh1tcanned long ago for grotesque incompetence.

BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:15:12 PM

He mentioned that they only get paid when delivering a working product.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:19:37 PM

He mentioned that they only get paid when delivering a working product.

I thought it was in reference to the FAB. I'll hunt it to give everybody piece of mind.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:25:25 PM

That didn't take long: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/690-13-jan-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-5.html#post10399

Another delay we've had to endure is the fact that we have effectively tied the ASIC teams payment to the success of the chip. If the chip were to be a failure they don't get paid... so they have incentive to get it right but that has made them very cautious and slow to approve final masks (This is why we can refund all pre-orders we want and why we have the capital to do what we need to do without a failure putting us in bankruptcy).

I'm pretty sure that's what creativex was eluding to.
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:28:56 PM

Has to be because thats what i meant to Smiley

Could someone (or inaba himself) explain to me why he's not using his BFL Account do comment us trolls?
Just curious?

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: