Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450438 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:07:16 PM

EK, I fully understand what you are saying. I also really, really appreciate what you are giving to this project.
This is perhaps one of the difficult moments in the projects life we need to get through together.

I don't want to upset you or anybody. If anything, I would rather help a little bit, if I can.

I really do think having a tradable token would relief pressure here and allow people to get involved.
Like you said, you need to focus on coding, designing and basically get the thing done.
To allow you to have more time for this, we need people to do other outstanding and necessary things; website, PR etc.. Like you said, I believe above, we need more people joining the project.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:08:56 PM

We were on a roll, the impatience of some has pissed of the devs. Yes the alts are on the rise, but it could be a bubble. This isn't a pump and dump project. Look at Decent, all the fud they get and they won't launch until "THEY" say they're ready. So if EK states that the project is not ready for launch, we should listen. He's trying to do something unprecedented in the crypto space. Roll Eyes

NEM was tradable as an asset on NXT for months before they actually released.

EK / Coralreefer - would it be technically possible to do something similar?

I mean you guys could issue 100M Elastic-tokens on NXT and distribute it to the donators. People could just sign their NXT addresses with btc private key they used to make the donation, so you could send corresponding amount.

At this point we would be liquid and we would *not* have to release the Elastic.

When time comes to release MVP (I don't believe there is such thing as product that has 100% of features and is bug free) you would ask all the owners of Elastic tokens to send back the tokens to the issuer. That would probably require having an address on Elastic handy, so it could be included in that transaction.

Although I don't favour the token releasing first approach it is even quicker and easier to create a token on the WAVES platform.  If people are dead set on it, it might be easier.  Personally I would still rather wait until EK is satisfied with everything and do a full launch.  Nobody else has done that.

As a token on its own we would just be one amongst an ocean of others.

Bagwell

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:11:42 PM

If our devs are upset ( which I don't think they are)

I can only speak for myself, but I must admit that I AM a bit upset. And I more and more get the feeling that someone professional needs to take the lead - officially and long term.

First of all, sorry that I do not "report back" every few minutes - but I have no time for fluff talk. I also do not want to feel obligated that I must report my actions after all. Of course, I would share interesting new things that I thought of and that I think might be interesting for the community. This is by the way, why I do not want to be offered any BTC anymore for finishing some arbitrary steps (like in a work contract) because I simply do not want to become anyone's bitch.

What really drives me nuts is this: A few months back the whole thing was a lot of fun, we were multiple intelligent devs (others more intelligent than I am, no doubt, but I give my best): we were sharing thoughts, implemented prototypes, tested the whole stuff and made great progress. The knowhow in Elastic is a result of many hours of many highly talented people (thanks to coralreefer, or a friend from ireland who left recently) - some of them very qualified working in very high positions. I have put so much love into this; 14 months of my life - every single day, every single weekend, saturday and sunday full time, and even burned the midnight oil frequently.

But in the last few days/weeks things are getting really uncomfortable here. I feel there is a chaos, some people spread FUD, others want to launch the mainnet "right away" rambo-style, some devs are being accused of whatever (that's the reason some already left). Me personally, I am getting regularily accused of scamming (some people still believe that we have no code), people try to find out my real name (just ask?) and threaten to dox me (yes, it's one candidate who is active here in this thread and who actually is indeed motivated to get involved to some degree).

Anyway, I still stick around but honestly - despite all my love for this project - if I hadn't any XEL (which is not that much) I would have gone away long time ago.

Also: I am not running here anything, I am not an owner of anything, I have some XEL like you guys and I want to show - with you together - how a real supercomputer has to be made. The sentiment of the "supercomputer market" confirms, that this topic is hot and worth to be pursed. But if someone needs PR, then please do some PR. I can't code 14 months daily, write documentations, do PR, run a website (which I never would), administrate a forum, answer some dickheads to their threats, report back every time, etc.

Finally: I think it would be best for Elastic if some professional "team", foundation, or whoever would take over this loose community project and give it some structure. I think it's not good when multiple people run into totally contrary directions at the same time

Guys EK is a KIGN! ... EK take some time for yourself, go outside - take some fresh air! Community must be a little patience! This is a huge project for just one guy!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

Guys, please stop with ur greedy behaviour and let the project ripe.

Thanks for everything, devs.
clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:53:35 PM

What greedy behaviour?  I don't understand your remark.
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:01:52 PM

What greedy behaviour?  I don't understand your remark.

Please don't start this guys . We need to be calm and not blow this project apart . Kindly use PM's for personal reasons or questions . At least that's what i do when i feel misunderstood .
@Devs Guys your vision for this project is our vision . You can continue as you wish . I think that's what the majority of the community wants .

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
clivemy

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:14:28 PM

What greedy behaviour?  I don't understand your remark.

Please don't start this guys . We need to be calm and not blow this project apart . Kindly use PM's for personal reasons or questions . At least that's what i do when i feel misunderstood .
@Devs Guys your vision for this project is our vision . You can continue as you wish . I think that's what the majority of the community wants .

I think EK made it very clear that this project needs some professional help.

In fact, he went so far as to mention it at the beginning and the end of his last comment.

That means coming up with the money to pay for that professional help.
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 08:21:28 PM

voting, lite wallet, mainnet, full functionality launch or a simple logo. We want to just best and we are discussing how can do this. Everyone says own ideas. This is good things.
Everyone want to best for Elastic with no doubt. We can discuss anything with respect and we need to be open minded for any possibilities, don't be upset or angry for that.

I have technically skills. If you want I can make a new website (on my free time), I can publish a lot of nodes (mainnet or testnet whatever), I can test to hardening. But I cant develop with EK our Elastic Code because I Dont know Java PL. I don't have good English writing or speaking. I can't write our technically document, I cant write blog post. But somebody can do.
But all of this about best for elastic.

I dont like a lot of talk, I just tried to work / contribute to Community. (elastic.pw,wallet.elastic.pw,node2.elastic.pw,some blog posts, and a lot of time etc.Ty for bought domain @cyberhacker)

I don't want to be rude but I need to say.
Talk is cheap guys, Just do it for Community.

If you want to see wallet.elastic.pw with testnet, I will. I can transfer domains and some accounts (Elastic.pw, Elastic-Coin twitter, Elastic Community Github ) to who want to. pm me.
I don't want to post anymore about anything, if you need something I can help with around of my abilities,  pm me.
Thanks, Community. I know we are the best Community.

signature not found.
clivemy

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:38:09 PM

voting, lite wallet, mainnet, full functionality launch or a simple logo. We want to just best and we are discussing how can do this. Everyone says own ideas. This is good things.
Everyone want to best for Elastic with no doubt. We can discuss anything with respect and we need to be open minded for any possibilities, don't be upset or angry for that.

I have technically skills. If you want I can make a new website (on my free time), I can publish a lot of nodes (mainnet or testnet whatever), I can test to hardening. But I cant develop with EK our Elastic Code because I Dont know Java PL. I don't have good English writing or speaking. I can't write our technically document, I cant write blog post. But somebody can do.

I dont like a lot of talk, I just tried to work / contribute to Community. (elastic.pw,wallet.elastic.pw,node2.elastic.pw,some blog posts, and a lot of time etc.Ty for bought domain @cyberhacker)

If you want to see wallet.elastic.pw with testnet, I will. I can transfer domains and some accounts (Elastic.pw, Elastic-Coin twitter, Elastic Community Github ) to who want to. pm me.
I don't want to post anymore about anything, if you need something I can help with around of my abilities,  pm me.

I'm a technical writer and I'm willing to write anything that needs writing.

I've offered to do this before.

The problem is, a lot of the information needed for the website, Press Releases, description of what Elastic can do, is stored in EK's head and no where else.

As long as EK is busy developing, he doesn't have the time to provide the information so we can document everything and get the information about Elastic out to the world at large.
devking

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:40:10 PM

I'm a technical writer and I'm willing to write anything that needs writing.

I've offered to do this before.

The problem is, a lot of the information needed for the website, Press Releases, description of what Elastic can do, is stored in EK's head and no where else.

As long as EK is busy developing, he doesn't have the time to provide the information so we can document everything and get the information about Elastic out to the world at large.

I am a full stack developer. I can help you with some tasks.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:59:13 PM

Hi,

I want to start by saying that I am one of the project's DONORS and not investors (here since the beginning), been watching this thread for a long time and now I really don't like what I am see. Many people pushing their agenda to make quick buck, have the nerve to accuse lead developers in something as they own them something, spreading FUD e.t.c.

My personal opinion, to solve this nasty situation is very simple.

All this project, till now, is only 3 people more or less, which are technical core, that actually did all by themselves. If, and only if, THEY want, will be added to core PR guy and maybe business strategist by THEIR descision and they will lead this project together technically and in all other areas, as they are the one who actually did almost everything (without disrespecting community ACTUAL help, not the choosing logo's color on 20 pages). All the rest, like me, be calm and wait, and remember one thing... the fact that you DONATED money to project or better, your have burning desire to buy some project tokens in the future, don't give you any special rights to be rude or keep posting your idea time after time after time after time.
I think not only me tired of polls, logos, tokens, votes again and again and again.

Thanks for listening.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:03:20 PM

understand your feeling.  we know your are ready to help any time and ready to take action.

we talked a lot through bct and skype.   I know you want move forward.

i think there is some misunderstanding. we are not impatient and not trying to push EK. but to get peripheral things just in case of "lite/mvp" mainnet launch.

EK is the core of elastic, without him, XEL is piece of shit for sure. we have reiterated that for thousands of times.

there won't be any mainnet or leader, without EK's nod or greenlight.

we are just trying to get things straight little by little, with out any CONSENSUS.  

i am not feeling any upset.

even XEL goes zero value.  I have no complaints at all.

glad to be part of XEL in the wild east of crypto, no matter of gains or pains.

thanks to EK for his unbelievable contributions.
clivemy

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:44:45 PM

We have coralreefer and unvoid saying that it would be a good idea to release a lite wallet.

We have EK suggesting it should go to a vote and also saying that we should get some professional help to actually run the project.

So doesn't that mean that it's only reasonable to discuss the pros and cons of what course to take?

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:46:51 PM

To become a bit more productive, here the new model for the POW submissions.

The Problem:

The problem was, that we need to incentivize miners to work on jobs that have really hard-to-solve bounties. With a too low chance of finding a bounty, there is no real incentive to work on that jobs, except we have so-called POW payments, which occur periodically and pay out small amounts of XEL to the workers.

These POW submissions need to be rate limited so a work author can specify to pay out x XEL / hour - this is what we earlier tried to achieve with the retargeting algorithm. The problem was, that POW submissions were regular transactions. If multiple jobs are live, which require different times to be executed, it was really hard to rate limit them individually. Also, block times are not predictible which makes things even harder. Means: We want that both the long and the short jobs are both limited in a way, that both jobs generate x POW packages per time frame.

The Solution:
We have multiple internal blockchains: every job has its own internal blockchain which consists only of POW blocks. These can be rate limited easily by a KGW or DGW. This is a simple outline of the procedure:

- Work is started
- A new "internal" blockchain for this work is created and POWs are generating blocks in this chain. That is a blockchain that is not visible to the average user, it is just there to throttle the rate at which POWs are generated
- KGW limits block time to 1 min (or whatever value)
- All POW blocks that are already confirmed in the inofficial internal POW-blockchain remain as "unconfirmed transactions" in the real XEL blockchain.
- Once included in a real block, the POW submitters get paid out and the "inofficial" blockchain gets a new "checkpoint" so it can't be forked backwards beyond that point.

First tests show, that we can rate limit multiple jobs with different complexities very precisely to a desired rate per time frame.

Just putting it here, so devs can discuss this and post their own ideas if any obvious flaws are visible to them.

Let's do what can't be done Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUl-kUJoO4w
randomdude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:55:57 PM

Late to the party, sorry in advance for repeating other people's questions but I cannot go through the 200 pages here:

How is the Elastic Project different from Ethereum?
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

The Problem:

The problem was, that we need to incentivize miners to work on jobs that have really hard-to-solve bounties. With a too low chance of finding a bounty, there is no real incentive to work on that jobs, except we have so-called POW payments, which occur periodically and pay out small amounts of XEL to the workers.

These POW submissions need to be rate limited so a work author can specify to pay out x XEL / hour - this is what we earlier tried to achieve with the retargeting algorithm. The problem was, that POW submissions were regular transactions. If multiple jobs are live, which require different times to be executed, it was really hard to rate limit them individually. Also, block times are not predictible which makes things even harder. Means: We want that both the long and the short jobs are both limited in a way, that both jobs generate x POW packages per time frame.

The Solution:
We have multiple internal blockchains: every job has its own internal blockchain which consists only of POW blocks. These can be rate limited easily by a KGW or DGW. This is a simple outline of the procedure:

- Work is started
- A new "internal" blockchain for this work is created and POWs are generating blocks in this chain. That is a blockchain that is not visible to the average user, it is just there to throttle the rate at which POWs are generated
- All POW blocks that are already confirmed in the inofficial internal POW-blockchain remain as "unconfirmed transactions" in the real XEL blockchain.
- Once included in a real block, the POW submitters get paid out and the "inofficial" blockchain gets a new "checkpoint" so it can't be forked backwards beyond that point.

First tests show, that we can rate limit multiple jobs with different complexities very precisely to a desired rate per time frame.

Just putting it here, so devs can discuss this and post their own ideas if any obvious flaws are visible to them.

understanding : 30% 20% nahh.... lil bit
confident in dev: 100% +
excitement : 100% +

One year ago i thought this is "just a coin" and threw just few cents in the ico. But now..holy shit! Fuck the profit. Proud to be a part of it!

ps: don´t tell my wife but i love you  Cheesy
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:37:35 PM

I'm a bit desappointed to see that http://l.elasticexplorer.org/#lg=1&slide=3 is winning.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice logo, but it's similar to ripple in a certain way.

Thx for all the propositions !

I like the " E " on this one  http://l.elasticexplorer.org/#lg=1&slide=126 simple and efficient

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:17:56 PM

Hi all,

It would be nice if the impatient people please get a life or start contributing in a way which excites the devs and also the community.
EK said it already a few times that he doesn't like the way some community members are behaving, please respect him, EK is putting his heart and soul in this project, for the love of in something he believes in, and not to make some impatient people rich.

What is very important at the moment, and that is also what EK is saying, is that Elastic needs professional help. Every project got at least one or more managers and a strong foundation with plenty of funds for development, bounty's, website, logo and so on.

I have offered this earlier, but nobody responded back then, so I will do it again;

I offer to become the manager of XEL;

Firstly I will setup a crowd fund raising; Where we at least have to bring in 200 BTC with the community so we establish a strong foundation to pay devs, pr, website and other costs.

My tasks will be;

-Creating a core team
-Marketing(twitter campaigns, articles)
-Make sure we have a good looking website/content/logo
-That people will start writing content
-Just managing the project business wise in the direction we all want to see it; top 5 in coinmarketcap.

My skills are: organising, bringing the right people together, communication, business skills.

I have done this also for the QORA project a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure I can do this next to my crypto start up I have in real life.

@EK, let me know what you think of this and of course other community members. I think we all agree every project needs an manager who is leading the project into the right direction.

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:38:40 PM

The Problem:

The Solution:

- Work is started

EK, you are a true champion! It is inspiring to see your dedication and your work, and it is my great honor to be part of this amazing community with this amazing project.
I thank you deeply and sincerely!
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:14:34 AM

Firstly I will setup a crowd fund raising; Where we at least have to bring in 200 BTC with the community so we establish a strong foundation to pay devs, pr, website and other costs.

Are you joking ? 200 BTC ( $360,000 ) to get a nice website ??! Don't you see everyone working here as a volunteer ? We , as a community, might seem divided but in reality we all care for this project and are well united to do the right thing and we don't need a $360,000 website. Meantime, you're welcome to join our team as a volunteer .

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: