Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:14:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:14:04 AM

I guess many people here including me had enough BTC to pay one full order...
Anyone sent btc on the first wave, where people could chose tradein option?

Why are they doing this? No contact? Where is Yifu?

From what I remember, the reason why they did the trade-ins as a whole separate thing is because so many people were "ordering" trade-ins that there was no limitation on the number of orders. You didn't have to actually pay anything to get a trade-in order, so they scrapped that for the second round of Batch #2 orders. It was at that point several of us ordered thinking that we had to order enough to cover our trade-ins, but then, a few months later we were told that no, the second round of orders was for full Avalon orders.

I don't mind that I paid for more than my trade-in, but I *do* mind that I sent in several Icarus units that have not been mining for a month now, and I'm apparently not getting that much of an advantage on my Feb 27th order of 50+ BTC per Avalon when the price was under $30 over the batch #3s who made their payment when the price was over $100.

With the direct ASIC chip orders as well, it's looking like I might not ever get an ROI on the ordered ASICs, which I think is the reason why they had to break the promise to the trade-ins, but every day they delay the trade-ins, is lost revenue, so I don't know which is the more moral route for them to take here. Seems like no matter what, everyone's gonna be upset, especially since ASICMiner *is* shipping, and fast, too.

You missed the fact that on february second orders there WAS one option to pay for tradein: I sent more than 181 bitcoins and got confirmed by walletbit.

So its paid, I delivered fpga when they asked, now its Avalon turn to deliver my units, they are delivering february third, february 18th...I did my part, Avalon should honor their as well.

As for batch3, I wish I could ask for refund right now, they announced shipping to be on early may, with 30 day ROI, diff 10.000.000.

We all agree to avalons terms but without the guy coming here and talking with people that trusted him, we can only say that those were misleading terms.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:40:13 PM

we really need someone to ask Yifu the question face to face.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:14:59 PM

Is there a deadline of when we can trade in?
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:00:12 PM

You missed the fact that on february second orders there WAS one option to pay for tradein: I sent more than 181 bitcoins and got confirmed by walletbit.

So its paid, I delivered fpga when they asked, now its Avalon turn to deliver my units, they are delivering february third, february 18th...I did my part, Avalon should honor their as well.

As for batch3, I wish I could ask for refund right now, they announced shipping to be on early may, with 30 day ROI, diff 10.000.000.

We all agree to avalons terms but without the guy coming here and talking with people that trusted him, we can only say that those were misleading terms.

Okay. Well, they supposedly "ran out of stock" for trade-in orders so I didn't see that. If what you are saying is true, then yeah, holy crap, I understand that has got to be doubly-frustrating. I hope they get your order cleared first and ASAP.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:31:05 AM

Okay. Well, they supposedly "ran out of stock" for trade-in orders so I didn't see that. If what you are saying is true, then yeah, holy crap, I understand that has got to be doubly-frustrating. I hope they get your order cleared first and ASAP.

The words of some ASIC providers in this community are as valuable as shit. I was so surprised that no one thrown an egg on the face of that fat boy.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:27:38 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 06:55:57 PM by coretechs

I did the same thing.  For a brief amount of time there was a trade-in option with a 3-unit limit and I was also able to get an order in at 181 BTC for 3-units, confirmed by WalletBit.  A few moments later the trade-in option disappeared.

At the conference, Yifu mentioned that they were delayed for various reasons and that they hoped to be able to start shipping in a few weeks.  He covered some of the reasons for the delays in the talk he gave.  The video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc

I think the best thing to do is to be patient and try not to annoy the Avalon team.  The terms were clear and there was plenty of lively discussion about them before batch-2 ordering began, so now we simply have to wait.  Just be glad you didn't order a set of BFL SC upgrades on June 23 when the exchange rate was at $6...  Embarrassed

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
Raize
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:03:47 AM

At the conference, Yifu mentioned that they were delayed for various reasons and that they hoped to be able to start shipping in a few weeks.  He covered some of the reasons for the delays in the talk he gave.  The video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he did this, but are you specifically, or is any other previous Icarus miner in this thread seriously planning to preorder the next-gen miner from yifu/ngzhang/xiangfu when they ask for the money to develop it later this year? Do you plan on doing a trade-in of your Avalon for an "Excalibur"? I'm not. At least, not right now.

They don't even have to promise us a delivery date/time, just feed us the info on what they are doing or waiting for once per week. It'd do wonders for prolonging the length of their business. Hell, at this point I'd even be happy with a monthly newsletter...

Yifu talks a lot in that video about how they were just waiting for some big group to come in and completely dash their hopes at hitting a release on time. They shouldn't ignore that threat, because it's still there. If they want to do this seriously and make billions instead of millions, they really ought to be fostering a customer base for their next gen chips, and one way to do that is to provide a regular update on what is going on for current trade-in orders.

I'm not bitter about this, just quite disappointed. When the Icarus devices were being developed and sold on here, ngzhang was very forthcoming with the community. I'm hoping they still have a desire to do that. Not because they have to, but because they want to.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:50:38 AM

I think the best thing to do is to be patient and try not to annoy the Avalon team.  The terms were clear and there was plenty of lively discussion about them before batch-2 ordering began, so now we simply have to wait.  Just be glad you didn't order a set of BFL SC upgrades on June 23 when the exchange rate was at $6...   Embarrassed

Damn, you just had to remind me of that (exchange rate when BFL offered...).

needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:49:11 PM

So in reality the famous 1st of March update should be read:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - your unit will ship soon.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Embarrassed

NO PSAKING!
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:57:48 PM

At this point I have totally given up on receiving the trade in units promptly. I would be happy if at LEAST they honor their promise and offer us the original batch 2 price ($1500 per unit).

Icoin (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:59:54 AM

A man's word is his bond.

New SMT line is now fully operational as of this weekend.

... next two weeks .... and send out those trade-in payment emails.

Sit tight, it won't be long now.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:59:22 AM

are you guys now opening support tickets or just wait and hope  Huh

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Raize
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:39:53 PM

Did anyone get this?

Production is happening, it is now time to address ordering issues and ship units.

Before opening a ticket, make sure the following is true.

1. you have an account on store.avalon-asics.com with all your information filled out, including address, phone number and such.
2. your bitcoin transaction id, blockchain.info url preferred.
3. the email you use for ordering ( if it is different from the store account. )

The support ticket has added fields for trouble type, which batch you belong, a chip order or regular batches and etc.

Finally, if you have an ticket older than June 1st, make another containing all the information using the new form at

SUPPORT.AVALON-ASICS.com

Considering all this is information they should already have, is this a phishing email? Why do they need me to provide them something the payment processor should be providing them? What is the difference between avalon-asic.com and avalon-asics.com?
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:53:06 PM

only a typo...

support.avalon-asic.com

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:56:11 PM

Code:
kjj@inana:~$ dig support.avalon-asics.com

; <<>> DiG 9.4.1-P1 <<>> support.avalon-asics.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 39187
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;support.avalon-asics.com.      IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
avalon-asics.com.       10800   IN      SOA     ken.ns.cloudflare.com. dns.cloudflare.com. 2013041909 10000 2400 604800 3600

If it is a phishing email, worst ever.  But it doesn't look any different from their usual newsletter emails.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:29:47 PM

Sorry, I seem to have gotten confused. They do seem to own both domains, but it seems this was an email sent out to curb support requests from people whose order is NOT listed on the store page. If your order is listed there, I guess you don't have anything further to do.

This email didn't mention anything about doing this "if and only if" you are having problems, which is the cause of my confusion.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:29:56 PM

Did anyone get any response to their "trade-in" tickets (on their new fully functioning ticketing system)?

Did you?

I did, for my already paid order. For unpaid I still have to open the ticket
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

up

Team Avalon?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:48:02 AM

my store status was updated 4 days ago:

Order #108xx June 13, 2013 Trade-in-paid ฿234.00 for 3 items

But what I paid was 60 bitcoin for each, in february 02. Im still waiting the tracking number while I see many feb18 orders arriving... insane.

In my status page I can also find a link for the product:
http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-unit-trade-in-2

Highlight:
If you order now this batch is scheduled to start shipping by March 10th and before April 15th.   Cheesy
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:52:02 PM

did anyone get a response  Huh  Cry

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: