Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 10:18:30 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 42786 times)
server

Activity: 815

~\/~

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:46:41 AM

I am usually a calm and pretty laid-back guy but this is seriously testing my fucking patience! (pardon my french) Yifu (and the rest of the Avalon team), why you gotta treat your loyal customers like shit? Either send our units soon before they are totally worthless or send us back our Icarus/Lacellot units. For those of us who were foolish enough to pay you right away,how about you refund us? Do you think it's fair that all of us paid $250+ to ship you the FPGA units right away thinking you'd promptly deliver on your promises only so that you can turn around and screw us with delays and lack of communication? If you were in our shoes would you want to be treated this way? If you have any honor you'd do right by your loyal customers (who funded your little adventure), otherwise you're really nothing more than just an amateurish douchebag who can't act like an adult and take responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

If you want us to fuck off at the very least have the balls to tell us and then promptly return our property (icarus boards or btc payed to you) and we can all go our own separate ways. Many of us are loyal to your team but you are trampling over whatever respect and loyalty we have for you. You are not the hottest flavor of the month anymore so stop acting like you're too important to talk to us.

+1

But maybe we can use our "RMA-credits" for Next Gen (Zhang) Avalon hardware ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:22:25 PM

I am usually a calm and pretty laid-back guy but this is seriously testing my fucking patience! (pardon my french) Yifu (and the rest of the Avalon team), why you gotta treat your loyal customers like shit? Either send our units soon before they are totally worthless or send us back our Icarus/Lacellot units. For those of us who were foolish enough to pay you right away,how about you refund us? Do you think it's fair that all of us paid $250+ to ship you the FPGA units right away thinking you'd promptly deliver on your promises only so that you can turn around and screw us with delays and lack of communication? If you were in our shoes would you want to be treated this way? If you have any honor you'd do right by your loyal customers (who funded your little adventure), otherwise you're really nothing more than just an amateurish douchebag who can't act like an adult and take responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

If you want us to fuck off at the very least have the balls to tell us and then promptly return our property (icarus boards or btc payed to you) and we can all go our own separate ways. Many of us are loyal to your team but you are trampling over whatever respect and loyalty we have for you. You are not the hottest flavor of the month anymore so stop acting like you're too important to talk to us.

+1

But maybe we can use our "RMA-credits" for Next Gen (Zhang) Avalon hardware ?

If he does not respond in two days, we should send a note to him, copy administrators and all members that were involved in trade-ins and ask him to provide us with DHL tracking number for our avalons or refund us BTC3/Icarus board plus shipping&duties.  If he does not ship avalons or pay us in 5 days, he should be tagged a "SCAMMER" and we all should leave "Trust" feedback for this guy just to make sure he does not treat others same way that we were treated. 

I don't think we should be paying for avalons.  He should be refunding us all the lost earnings since the end of April.  That is when they supposed to be shipped.  He said it himself, the avalons have been priced with ROI of one month of earnings.  We lost 4 months of earnings.  By my count he should be sending us 4 avalons for each Icarus board for FREE.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1409

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:34:18 PM

Agreed. We've been abused by Yifu & Company. I gave them a glowing review at the time they first announced their first batch. The only reason I didn't buy in the first batch was because I *did* have trade-ins. Now look at how we're being treated. Send back our Icarus or give us a refund.

OrganofCorti's Neighbourhood Pool Watch - The most informative website on blockchain health
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:29:55 PM

Just watch him come back and do :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJyGJQx2Fgk

Watch around 2:20 all the way to the end.

NEXT!!!
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:49:51 PM

Maybe the only reason for the trade in program was that they needed our FPGAs for the control units  Grin

server

Activity: 815

~\/~

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:47:28 AM

Wonderfull Avalon news for the special ones:

"...In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed."

I guess you need to be really special to believe this. Tongue

(waiting 4+ months now on a confirmation/offer for the hardware I traded in)
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:20:36 PM

Wonderfull Avalon news for the special ones:

"...In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed."

I guess you need to be really special to believe this. Tongue

(waiting 4+ months now on a confirmation/offer for the hardware I traded in)

They should really not say stuff like that.  Makes them look like they are trying to convince someone.

Just ignore what they say, watch what they do.

I tell you what should have had happened. 

When Mr. Chen got our boards, after a two/three week trade-in window, he should have emailed the list back to Yifu,
Yifu should have checked the list against ngzhang database of customers, clean it up and send out notifications and
ship avalons.

Failure to do anything, even a simple email, was all across.  It seems like Yifu hates business so much that he refuses to follow any
common business practices.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 2338

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:28:02 PM

I wonder in which parallel universe the trade-ins "are being processed"....

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:29:19 PM

I wonder in which parallel universe the trade-ins "are being processed"....

They know there is no Gen 2 for them.  The competition is heating up and they will not be able to compete on any level as a business.
They fucked up and it will be next to impossible to regain the trust.   Even if they announce the new chip tomorrow, most people will ignore them.
I think BFL did not get too many Monarch orders, same will be with Avalon.

So who knows, maybe they sold the chips to the highest bidder and planned their retirement, personal security etc.

There are plenty of Avalon chips from "Albanian" sources on Alibaba  Wink

For me the first red flag was when they ignored cgminer developers (Kano and Con) and refused to give them the hardware.  I could not believe
it.  Kano and Con offered to work on S/W for free, and this guy said he does not care what they do in their spare time.  WTF.  I ignored that
one.  I thought, well, Kano just picked up a sparring partner.  In retrospect, this was a mistake.  Any reasonable h/w maker would send out units to Kano, Con and Luke-Jr so that both cgminer and bfgminer are supported off the bat.

The second red flag was when one of the first trade-in customers reported problem with custom duties (right here in this thread), Yifu came in and said the customer is lying and if he wants he can refuse to honor the trade-in.  Some customers, reported their packages returned because Yifu employee did not want to pay $20 for duty.  My package was already in transit at that time so I did not have a choice. Paid BTC5 coins to settle the duties for my package.

In all, I lost my Icarus boards, about BTC7.5 coins in shipping & duties.  And this guy issues "news" that trade-ins are being processed?
He has some nerves, I tell you.

EDIT: I left a negative feedback for this guy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=68196
greaterninja

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

I'm out $1800 in Trade-ins, fees,  unless Yifu corrects this issue.

Profits lost are not even mentioned.  :/
greaterninja

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:56:37 AM

I'm out $1800 in Trade-ins, fees,  unless Yifu corrects this issue.

Profits lost are not even mentioned.  :/

8/21/2013;  Haven't heard anything back from Yifu about my trade-ins.   Will leave neutral feedback on his Trust Link as I am somewhat happy and disappointed.

4 months later:  2/3 transactions have been complete with Avalon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=68196
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:18:26 PM

Has anyone sued the Avalon team yet?

greaterninja

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:14:47 PM

Has anyone sued the Avalon team yet?

A bit disappointing.  Wish Yifu would get off his ass and take care of this stuff.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:00:57 AM

I'm a bit more than disappointed. I sent them 60+ btc and got nothing to show for it. Had I known I would've spend those btc elsewhere.

tucenaber

Activity: 320

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:21:47 AM

I'm a bit more than disappointed. I sent them 60+ btc and got nothing to show for it. Had I known I would've spend those btc elsewhere.

I'm really sorry for you. I never thought Yifu would sink so low. Luckily I never received a payment address.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1409

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:04:21 PM

They're registered in Nevada:
https://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=ozwghIfOnmFj64qH4nYDaA%253d%253d

If anyone speaks to a lawyer and wants to start a US-based class-action, I'll lend my recorded losses to help with the case. I also have some PMs back and forth with Yifu that might assist in this process. If they are seeking outside funding in the millions of dollars, a class-action could greatly impact such proceedings and force them to deal with us. It seems like a civil suit is the best option available.

It sucks. I really supported Yifu in this, but because I had trade-ins I didn't participate in Batch #1. I did participate in Batch #2, but I figured I'd receive the trade-ins before the Batch #2 units. In fact, I had made several investment decisions based on the trade-ins happening, as did many of you, I'm sure. I don't know why Yifu decided to just completely ignore/neglect the trade-ins.

OrganofCorti's Neighbourhood Pool Watch - The most informative website on blockchain health
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:01:51 PM

Go "talk" to him (or his relatives)...

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=2282+E+15,+Brooklyn,+NY,+United+States&hl=en&ll=40.59437,-73.955562&spn=0.011047,0.020041&sll=40.594581,-73.955873&layer=c&cbp=13,263.34,,0,7.1&cbll=40.594608,-73.955608&hnear=2282+E+15th+St,+Brooklyn,+Kings,+New+York+11229,+United+States&t=m&z=16&panoid=R1fTyM5xqc-ZjnMWRAKZFw

Notice bars on the windows.  Must be the place  Wink
ms205

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

And what the hell with trade in? They have any plan to execute promised actions or, at least, return our units?

Why chinese so lame - they can make first chips of that kind in the world but have fatal troubles with simply logistics... It horrible!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:04:13 PM

For sure that must be it. I see a Honda on the street as well - could be Yifu's car or maybe by now he traded it in for a Mercedes S class with his newfound Avalon riches. That white van is probably FBI, CIA, or Chinese Mafia, etc. Ok, joking aside I doubt he lives at that address now, but if anyone is in Brooklyn and can verify.

dylan186

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:50:41 AM

Still no order in my account
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.