Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.gamebet.gg Launches GameBet Coin (GBT) eSports -- SALE OVER!!!  (Read 208176 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KidRocks

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:23:07 AM

Will the ICO distribution be limited? like only one user can buy limited amount of GBT from one IP or something? What if some whale decides to jump first and buy GBT for, example, 400 BTC? he can own half of total supply and that can be really bad. GBT will be centralized and held by just few guys.

How to win against PayPal Chargeback/disputes guide :

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albertocp

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

I'm hoping they have major coverage of the International for DOTA2.
Every year i throw in like $300 of the items I collect while playing with my friends,
I honestly never thought it was valuable before but the market place they have offers some options.
IluhaHA

Activity: 183
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:29:50 AM

You can’t expect anyone to invest when your numbers don’t back a million dollar valuation - However I would be willing to buy some of the coins later and play the market depending on how it does upon initial release.

Does no good to say things like this here. I've even detailed WHY it's not worth close to $1m. Non-investors that wish they were investors are here and will bash anything you say because of their ignorance. And then when they don't ROI, they'll come crying "OMG WE WERE SCAMMED" when they weren't.

I'd love to see an idea like this work, but its valuation is obviously way off. As long as non-investors keep blindly throwing their money at things saying "OMG ITS A BITCORNS AND NOW WELL BE RICH LOL" it'll never end. I think I've seen two legitimate investment opportunities over the past few months.

The ROI has no time limit though I think that's what the people who are investing count on - you can earn endlessly, if the product sticks around anyway.

Great! I'm starting up a new grocery store. Okay, so WMT is worth something like 800b, Kroger around 300b. Toss me some money and I'll give you a valuation of 500b (in between). Those two have set precedence for how much I'm going to be worth later -- in some unknown period of time -- so it's a great deal!

(Disclaimer: Uh, no. That's not how the real world works. I can tell you for a fact no accredited investor would be involved with this because they aren't stupid)

These guy's hide their face and real names, they probably aren't seeking credited investors, but none the less you have a solid point - this is why I'm probably not going to buy into the ICO but I will play the exchange game when the price falls, and it will probably fall let's be honest.

The point behind the accredited investor comment is... if you're not an accredited investor, there's a reason for that, and it means you obviously don't have the knowledge and expertise to handle a real investment logically (otherwise you'd have already worked your way up to accreditation status). While there's a lot of people in here arguing about how great of a deal this is/the site is/etc., I can promise you none of them match that criteria, and it's pretty obvious why.

How can you judge that based on this ICO though? they put out a product and seem to have their shit together compared to others, my friend in my country this much work has never been put into nothing and has never been done by people who can not handle them selves under pressure... but who knows maybe you are right?
Novalok

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:12:28 AM

I Would be interested in investing once we get to know the team. is there any type of biography page or similar. where can i follow the updates for this? do you have a twitter or facebook.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:54:30 AM

You can’t expect anyone to invest when your numbers don’t back a million dollar valuation - However I would be willing to buy some of the coins later and play the market depending on how it does upon initial release.

Does no good to say things like this here. I've even detailed WHY it's not worth close to $1m. Non-investors that wish they were investors are here and will bash anything you say because of their ignorance. And then when they don't ROI, they'll come crying "OMG WE WERE SCAMMED" when they weren't.

I'd love to see an idea like this work, but its valuation is obviously way off. As long as non-investors keep blindly throwing their money at things saying "OMG ITS A BITCORNS AND NOW WELL BE RICH LOL" it'll never end. I think I've seen two legitimate investment opportunities over the past few months.

The ROI has no time limit though I think that's what the people who are investing count on - you can earn endlessly, if the product sticks around anyway.

Great! I'm starting up a new grocery store. Okay, so WMT is worth something like 800b, Kroger around 300b. Toss me some money and I'll give you a valuation of 500b (in between). Those two have set precedence for how much I'm going to be worth later -- in some unknown period of time -- so it's a great deal!

(Disclaimer: Uh, no. That's not how the real world works. I can tell you for a fact no accredited investor would be involved with this because they aren't stupid)

These guy's hide their face and real names, they probably aren't seeking credited investors, but none the less you have a solid point - this is why I'm probably not going to buy into the ICO but I will play the exchange game when the price falls, and it will probably fall let's be honest.

The point behind the accredited investor comment is... if you're not an accredited investor, there's a reason for that, and it means you obviously don't have the knowledge and expertise to handle a real investment logically (otherwise you'd have already worked your way up to accreditation status). While there's a lot of people in here arguing about how great of a deal this is/the site is/etc., I can promise you none of them match that criteria, and it's pretty obvious why.

Is it just me or is this guy just here to heckle?
I don't see any logic in his points or data for that matter

Oh well, anyway I'm pumped to get in on this kroger investment bro.
IluhaHA

Activity: 183
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:40:16 PM

Don't blame him for watching out for investor my friend he is only trying to help
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:47:53 PM

Don't blame him for watching out for investor my friend he is only trying to help

+

If this were a legitimate opportunity, I'd absolutely love to invest (and they'd have already hit their asking amount over a week ago). It's an area I know very well.

Though I will say that it's not just to protect others, it's to protect those of us that are actually seasoned. The number of actual opportunities in these forums are very rare, and that's all due to one thing: people blindly throwing their money at things they know nothing about.

I wish I could say that this will be a lesson to a lot of 'investors,' but most of them are just going to follow the same path with the next (non)opportunity because for some reason, their greed overpowers their ability to think critically.

(Side note: do I think the project as a whole will fail? No. It's just grossly overvalued for what state it's in. GBT will absolutely be dropping in value as soon as it's released. I'll follow it on the side and when its valuation finally makes sense, I will get slightly involved, though I'll greatly limit myself due to the incompetence already seen -- or greed -- from the team)

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
pablocality

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

i.imgur.com/RK7GDbw.jpg

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:28:17 PM

+

If this were a legitimate opportunity, I'd absolutely love to invest (and they'd have already hit their asking amount over a week ago). It's an area I know very well.

Though I will say that it's not just to protect others, it's to protect those of us that are actually seasoned. The number of actual opportunities in these forums are very rare, and that's all due to one thing: people blindly throwing their money at things they know nothing about.

I wish I could say that this will be a lesson to a lot of 'investors,' but most of them are just going to follow the same path with the next (non)opportunity because for some reason, their greed overpowers their ability to think critically.

(Side note: do I think the project as a whole will fail? No. It's just grossly overvalued for what state it's in. GBT will absolutely be dropping in value as soon as it's released. I'll follow it on the side and when its valuation finally makes sense, I will get slightly involved, though I'll greatly limit myself due to the incompetence already seen -- or greed -- from the team)

Ranlo is speaking logical sense.  
His grocery store analogy is humorous, but very applicable.  This company is over valued.

I, too, have no reason to assume the business will not succeed, as it appears to be providing a good, desired service.  But, as far as prudent investing goes...
orryde

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

Re-Evolution

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:32:25 PM

+

you said earlier in thew thread that sometimes you like taking risks on investments like this. I think you should stand by your earlier word and pick up some gbt because i doubt this coin is ever going to be cheap. Im not selling any and the ones I did buy iI have a 24 month plan with. I'll be holding ling time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Betting on e-Sports with Steam Items & Crypto
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
■■■■■ GBT Loyalty Reward Program Steam Marketplace Sportsbetting ■■■■■
starswper

Activity: 196

Hillary For President.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:13:41 PM

i want to buy in but i know bittrex won't add ...

Why not buy in the ICO?

no he means because bittrex wont list this coin ever because they do not list gambling coins but there are many many other gambling coins and they are all traded somewhere. just not bittrex.

Not true. They have Clam listed, and that's 100% a Dice coin. https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CLAM
Bittrex is also not the exchange you want an altcoin listed on, it's Poloniex 100%

But is clam different because they are only a dice application compared to gamebet which is a gambling platform or do you still think we have a chance of attaining a bittrex approval and listing.

Trump=Death
starswper

Hillary For President.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:23:58 PM

how will you use the money? what will you do with the raised funds? if you assume for example raising $100k worth: your staffing plans? new developers? management? the specifics of your marketing strategy and why it costs so much? how long will the money last? exactly how much are you being paid? (in usd)

If you read the 1st page announcement they have a section for what the money raised will go to. and in their b-plan it is also mentioned (b-plan is also on the 1st page)

Trump=Death
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:23:59 PM

Why not buy in the ICO?

no he means because bittrex wont list this coin ever because they do not list gambling coins but there are many many other gambling coins and they are all traded somewhere. just not bittrex.

Not true. They have Clam listed, and that's 100% a Dice coin. https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CLAM
Bittrex is also not the exchange you want an altcoin listed on, it's Poloniex 100%

But is clam different because they are only a dice application compared to gamebet which is a gambling platform or do you still think we have a chance of attaining a bittrex approval and listing.
gamebet is offering dividends from a company based on shares of GBT. so that is the actual reason it won't get listed on bittrex.
starswper

Hillary For President.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:25:06 PM

Why not buy in the ICO?

gamebet is offering dividends from a company based on shares of GBT. So that is the actual reason it won't get listed on bittrex.

ohhhhhhhhhh  Shocked
So it has nothing to do with gambling.
correct?

Trump=Death
etparle

Activity: 238

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:47:04 PM

Who cares for bittrex. with 20 other exchanges to choose from it wont be long till GBT is traded on the exchanges. If I was forced to take a guess id say within 3 days of the coin being launched one of the exchanges will pick it up.
etparle

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:37:07 PM

OUCH! Cry
Ad Finem was the favorite and got annihilated 2-0 in a best of 3.

etparle

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:49:31 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 06:22:02 PM by etparle

What was the two investments you are talking about?
hgamezoom

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:40:44 PM

the top investor keeps buying and it keeps making my stash smaller.  Sad now i have no choice to buy more but this time im smarter. im waiting for the last 10 minutes to send in my btc.  then i wont be further diluted.
i just wish the top investor does not do the same.
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:52:52 PM

the top investor keeps buying and it keeps making my stash smaller.  Sad now i have no choice to buy more but this time im smarter. im waiting for the last 10 minutes to send in my btc.  then i wont be further diluted.

You guys have money to blow. Lol I never invest more than 1 Btc in an ico because anything can happen.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:58:24 PM

you said earlier in thew thread that sometimes you like taking risks on investments like this. I think you should stand by your earlier word and pick up some gbt because i doubt this coin is ever going to be cheap. Im not selling any and the ones I did buy iI have a 24 month plan with. I'll be holding ling time.

I take investment risks. I don't gamble. This is no different than a slot machine right now -- you're playing with a -EV situation. That's not how you make money, it's how you lose it. At a value of 100k (not 1m, like it is), it'd still be a pretty speculative play, but I'd have taken part. At that point it turns into a risky investment, rather than a straight-up gamble. To put it into perspective, risky investments are high-risk, high-reward situations. Gambles are high-risk, low-reward ones. The latter is a horrible deal from a financial perspective.

Both were private (the interesting part is I haven't seen a single actual, full-on business plan posted in these forums from anyone other than CBTC (who does a great job, but has had a lot of issues in the past)). I don't throw money at things blindly. I like to see my income rise, not fall. Research is key. Understanding the business and its management are key. Understanding the risk ratio of the business is key. Knowing the competition, market, and risks are key. There's so many things people neglect here, but I guess this is why it's an unregulated area -- so 'businesses' can keep taking advantage of fools.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
hgamezoom

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:34:08 PM

the top investor keeps buying and it keeps making my stash smaller.  Sad now i have no choice to buy more but this time im smarter. im waiting for the last 10 minutes to send in my btc.  then i wont be further diluted.

You guys have money to blow. Lol I never invest more than 1 Btc in an ico because anything can happen.

its not money to blow. its money to invest. blowing money away is like using ponzi double your money in 2 hours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: