Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ¤¤¤¤ antrun.de - Antrouter R1 Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤  (Read 97792 times)
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:15:27 PM

Where abouts do you put the  --suggest-diff 64 (is that how you enter it aswell?)?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minibit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:08:50 PM

Where abouts do you put the  --suggest-diff 64 (is that how you enter it aswell?)?

Put it in the password field. Separate the password and the parameter with a blank:

--suggest-diff 22
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:12:42 AM

Where abouts do you put the  --suggest-diff 64 (is that how you enter it aswell?)?

Put it in the password field. Separate the password and the parameter with a blank:

--suggest-diff 22

Not to low?

(no alt coin)

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:17:41 AM

@Glue: yes it´s a resitor and a capacitor covered by the glue and its connected to 53355´s  PIN 1 (you can see on my picture there is the print on the left site of glue, R31 (Resistor) and C29 (Capacitor)
Very strange is, that R40 (you can see it on top of R31) is missing on my PBC, but on yours it was connected before?

Another possibility is to trace the tracks and find a point to cut a track and just leave it all in place?
Yes, thats will be the next step, I think!

@pics: okay, no problem Smiley!
 I´ll do it this eve or tomorrow, when I´m back at home.

andY

Andy after looking at your pictures I have a new theory on the Glue.  Smiley

You can see on this picture the same glue being used to hold the Light Pipes in place, which makes sense. I wonder if the blob on the zero ohm resistor was put there by mistake?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Ant777

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:53:18 PM

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1GyB7NjGCEcXmKD4mu3ybo5D6BuTig3o8w 
South Africa
gt_addict

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:57:44 PM

Well after some tinkering last night I've found out my R1 will hash at 200 & 250m but only for a couple of minutes. The green led doesn't flash but I get accepted shares and it reads it on the ckpool app as 12ghs. I've got a fan on it but can't seem to get it to stay hashing. Anyone have any ideas? Wifi is disabled and suggested diff is set to 12.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

minibit

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:37:08 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 02:01:27 PM by minibit

--suggest-diff 22

Not to low?

(no alt coin)

I don't know what the right diff is for our speed. Ckpool automatically set the diff to 8 for my hashing rate. That's what I have set now.. The picture is older, with a higher diff..

What do you use?
ammi84 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

done - welcome on board :-) happy sharing!!
RichBC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:22:23 PM

Well after some tinkering last night I've found out my R1 will hash at 200 & 250m but only for a couple of minutes. The green led doesn't flash but I get accepted shares and it reads it on the ckpool app as 12ghs. I've got a fan on it but can't seem to get it to stay hashing. Anyone have any ideas? Wifi is disabled and suggested diff is set to 12.

To be honest I am having problems with any frequency above 200MHz. It seems more difficult this time round than back last Year when I first started playing and I have no idea why that is? Here are my experience with a few observations and comment that may or not help?

200Mhz is sort of ok, generally speaking hashing starts when you power up or if after a stop the Cron Job has to restart things. Occasionally usually after a Day or so's running it stops and you need to do a reboot.

As you then progress up in frequency I find that starting becomes less reliable and restarts become more frequent and also less reliable. 225MHz not much worse than 200MHz then at 250MHz and 275MHz initial starting noticeably less reliable, sometimes I need to Save & a Apply 3 or 4 times to get things going, or sometimes Reboot and the Save & Apply a few times. Note I have upped the Core Voltage on when I get to 250MHz so that is not the Problem.

300MHz not having any luck getting things going at all, although I have run at this frequency before.

My next step is to stop randomly trying things Smiley take a far more systematic approach and work my way slowly up through the frequencies again, making some notes and also looking for some more things to Monitor and check. I am also going to connect a UART, which I have done before , and remind myself what can be monitored there?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
andymanone

Activity: 432

Save the past & use the future ©

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:43:46 PM

@Glue: yes it´s a resitor and a capacitor covered by the glue and its connected to 53355´s  PIN 1 (you can see on my picture there is the print on the left site of glue, R31 (Resistor) and C29 (Capacitor)
Very strange is, that R40 (you can see it on top of R31) is missing on my PBC, but on yours it was connected before?

Another possibility is to trace the tracks and find a point to cut a track and just leave it all in place?

andY

You can see on this picture the same glue being used to hold the Light Pipes in place, which makes sense. I wonder if the blob on the zero ohm resistor was put there by mistake?

Rich

Hmm, I have the same glue blob here Smiley , but it seems even more, that it´s cover a another resistor (or resistors), but the light pipes are not fixed with the blob, I can remove the Pipes w/o problems...

andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
RichBC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:06:17 PM

andY

Rich

Hmm, I have the same glue blob here Smiley , but it seems even more, that it´s cover a another resistor (or resistors), but the light pipes are not fixed with the blob, I can remove the Pipes w/o problems...

andY

OK my mistake I had thought the glue was holding the light pipes. Unfortunately rather than explaining things we now have two mysterious blobs of glue covering components for no apparent reason?

Rich

gt_addict

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:11:49 PM

To be honest I am having problems with any frequency above 200MHz. It seems more difficult this time round than back last Year when I first started playing and I have no idea why that is? Here are my experience with a few observations and comment that may or not help?

200Mhz is sort of ok, generally speaking hashing starts when you power up or if after a stop the Cron Job has to restart things. Occasionally usually after a Day or so's running it stops and you need to do a reboot.

As you then progress up in frequency I find that starting becomes less reliable and restarts become more frequent and also less reliable. 225MHz not much worse than 200MHz then at 250MHz and 275MHz initial starting noticeably less reliable, sometimes I need to Save & a Apply 3 or 4 times to get things going, or sometimes Reboot and the Save & Apply a few times. Note I have upped the Core Voltage on when I get to 250MHz so that is not the Problem.

300MHz not having any luck getting things going at all, although I have run at this frequency before.

My next step is to stop randomly trying things Smiley take a far more systematic approach and work my way slowly up through the frequencies again, making some notes and also looking for some more things to Monitor and check. I am also going to connect a UART, which I have done before , and remind myself what can be monitored there?

Rich

Have you got a copy of the cron job I could pinch? Also where do I put it? I'm not computer savvy with programming etc  Roll Eyes

RichBC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:16:19 PM

Have you got a copy of the cron job I could pinch? Also where do I put it? I'm not computer savvy with programming etc  Roll Eyes

You should already have a Cron Job running. You can check in System Tab & then Scheduled Tasks. There should be a line there showing the frequency it runs at and the path to the file?

Rich

andymanone

Activity: 432

Save the past & use the future ©

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:23:20 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 01:24:58 PM by andymanone

@Glue: yes it´s a resitor and a capacitor covered by the glue and its connected to 53355´s  PIN 1 (you can see on my picture there is the print on the left site of glue, R31 (Resistor) and C29 (Capacitor)

andY

Andy after looking at your pictures I have a new theory on the Glue.  Smiley

Rich

andY

OK my mistake I had thought the glue was holding the light pipes. Unfortunately rather than explaining things we now have two mysterious blobs of glue covering components for no apparent reason?

Rich

No prob Smiley

Btw , I got my R1 running with 400MHz for about 2:30 minutes with 22 GHs  Smiley
(using about 17,9 Watts from the wall, but than stops...  Sad

But I see, the reason for it was only, that the heatsinks are going too hot, nevertheless I used a big air cooling ...
(I use a external Powersupply with 5Volts and 10A, two (one every side) 140mm Fans and the Vcore I increased to 0.85 Volt)

But I got another very strange effect  Huh, when I use frequencies between 225MHz and 350MHz.
It works after starting with full hash rate and than it goes slower and slower but doesn´t stop.
The temperature of the heatsinks are okay and enough cooled  Huh
No idea what there happens...

andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
RichBC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:23:53 PM

Trying to change frequency on antrun.de, fine with Frequencies up to 250MHz but at 275MHz and above I get Please provide valid input.

Rich

RichBC

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:33:00 PM

Btw , I got my R1 running with 400MHz for about 2:30 minutes with 22 GHs  Smiley
(using about 17,9 Watts from the wall, but than stops...  Sad

But I see, the reason for it was only, that the heatsinks are going too hot, nevertheless I used a big air cooling ...
(I use a external Powersupply with 5Volts and 10A, two (one every side) 140mm Fans and the Vcore I increased to 0.85 Volt)

But I got another very strange effect  Huh, when I use frequencies between 225MHz and 350MHz.
It works after starting with full hash rate and than it goes slower and slower but doesn´t stop.
The temperature of the heatsinks are okay and enough cooled  Huh
No idea what there happens...

andY

Well done on 400MHz. As I said I have been there but at the moment I am struggling even at 250MHz to get things hashing reliably. I am actually running at 275MHz at the moment but had a lot of Save & Applies to get it going, but has been running for 30 Mins, do not know if it will restart when I get a stop?

Yes I have frequently had the going slower problem, often ends up at around 1.5GH/s, also the Cron Job restarting cgminer does not seem to get it going again. Save & Apply sometimes works, also a Reboot sometimes works.

Rich

minibit

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:57:14 PM

Trying to change frequency on antrun.de, fine with Frequencies up to 250MHz but at 275MHz and above I get Please provide valid input.

Rich

Hi Rich, Thanks for the info! I sent a bugfix and some additional stuff to ammi.
gt_addict

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:37:52 AM

Have you got a copy of the cron job I could pinch? Also where do I put it? I'm not computer savvy with programming etc  Roll Eyes

You should already have a Cron Job running. You can check in System Tab & then Scheduled Tasks. There should be a line there showing the frequency it runs at and the path to the file?

Rich

Cheers for the pointer on where it is. All I have in there is this:-

*/3 *  *   *   *     /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

Is that right or do I need something else in there so when I crank up the freq an it starts hashing then drops off to 0 I can restart it.

Thanks.

RichBC

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:58:12 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 07:55:41 AM by RichBC

Rich

Cheers for the pointer on where it is. All I have in there is this:-

*/3 *  *   *   *     /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

Is that right or do I need something else in there so when I crank up the freq an it starts hashing then drops off to 0 I can restart it.

Thanks.
Yes that is correct at 3 Minute intervals it runs cgminer-monitor, which is the Cron Job.

The thing on frequency is to work up a step at a time. A standard R1 should be ok up to 200MHz. What frequency can you get to and everything keeps working?

Rich

gt_addict

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:26:12 AM

131.75m is what it's happiest at. But this morning I stuck it on 175m while I'm at work (yes working on a Sunday, the life of a plasterer lol) and so far when I looked on the ckpool app it's currently fluctuating between 5-7ghs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: