Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for people to store some of the forum's money  (Read 35631 times)
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:13:14 PM

I run CoinLenders which currently has 3000 BTC less than what BTC it had during it's peak. BTCINVEST's performance speaks for itself.

Full reserve would be 0.5% yearly.

Nice try.

This is why it is fallacy to allow random people to hold your money, just because they have some positive rating and run some service that holds some good amount of coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

Can someone point me to the page of this thread where the "Random people holding funds" VS "A multisig address" was debated ?

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

What is the forum going to do with all of this money anyway?

I run CoinLenders which currently has 3000 BTC less than what BTC it had during it's peak. BTCINVEST's performance speaks for itself.

Full reserve would be 0.5% yearly.
LOL
Good one
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:22:55 PM

This is why it is fallacy to allow random people to hold your money, just because they have some positive rating and run some service that holds some good amount of coins.

Obviously I didn't base my decision-making solely on reputation, or I would have accepted TF's offer.

I plan to switch to multisig in the next few months. I didn't do it initially because Bitcoin-Qt didn't support it natively, but it does now. If you're interested in being a treasurer, post here.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
woodrake

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:24:03 PM

I don't have a full year's rep, but I've handled circa 1,500 BTC of others' money in the last few months through the CIPHERMINE securities.

I'm an internationally-respected technology entrepreneur and openly share my identity. I am also a major contributor to the litecoin forum. Further, I am an information security expert.

Finally, I own Memset Ltd, a hosting company. Our data centres are certified by CESG (the British NSA) to Impact Level 2, and soon to be IL 3. Our new data centre is rated to IL 4 (ie. sufficient for sensitive, restricted government data). All my staff have HMG Security Clearance.

Despite being a relative newcomer, I am a committed supporter of the cryptocommunity. I have also demonstrated my trustworthyness through CipherMine, and I'm about to launch CipherTrade - a multi-cryptocoin securities site to replace BTCTC and LTCG.

I would charge nothing to store some of your BTC, and would expect nothing in return. I merely want to help the security of the forum. To that end I would be happy to provide you with a heavily secured server in my high-sec data centre which I'd keen disconnected from the 'net (and probably powered down) once the transfer was complete. The machine would have on-disk encryption the key for which only I would know (assuming you wanted that). For additional security I could simply hold an encrypted wallet on the machine to which you had the key (ie. it would need both of us to unlock).

I make this offer genuinely and with no self-interest.

Kate.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

Obviously I didn't base my decision-making solely on reputation, or I would have accepted TF's offer.

I plan to switch to multisig in the next few months. I didn't do it initially because Bitcoin-Qt didn't support it natively, but it does now. If you're interested in being a treasurer, post here.

What will the multisig treasurer set up look like?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
im3w1l

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:28:40 PM

I think you should refund the donations partially (obviously after getting in contact with everyone, so you don't send to an abandoned address...), since the forum has more money than it needs.
fxkevin

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:29:18 PM

I will throw my name in the hat.

I am the Founder & CEO of FXPIG (http://fxpig.com). We are currently based in NZ but will be relocating to Malta once our MFSA license is ready which should be by the end of this year.

I am also in the process of opening a Bitcoin Exchange and am working on a way to make Bitcoin more 'AML/KYC/Compliance' friendly so we can accept it at FXPIG and allow people to trade it at a regulated broker.

Cheers,
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:37:44 PM

I think that the treasurers will be split into several multisig setups with 4 or 6 treasurers each, and each such multisig will require 50% agreement in order to make spends. (I'm more worried about treasurers disappearing than trying to steal the money.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

I know that I don't meet all the requirements but I can give out some personal info like address and phone number. I can store any amount and will charge 1% (upfront) per year. I will be safely creating 10 paper wallets each with 10% and put it in a bank vault. I know this isn't the best deal out there, but pm me if your interested.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:23:09 PM

I know that I don't meet all the requirements but I can give out some personal info like address and phone number. I can store any amount and will charge 1% (upfront) per year. I will be safely creating 10 paper wallets each with 10% and put it in a bank vault. I know this isn't the best deal out there, but pm me if your interested.

No!
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:29:54 PM

No!

No? Cheesy

moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:32:59 PM

I know that I don't meet all the requirements but

Nope little buddy, revisit this around 2018.

- You probably need to have been active in the Bitcoin community for at least a year.
- You probably need a very high OTC rating.
- You need to have dealt with far more BTC at one time than what you'll be holding for the forum.

Plus, you meet none of the requirements, or the probably reqs.
/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:34:33 PM

I think that the treasurers will be split into several multisig setups with 4 or 6 treasurers each, and each such multisig will require 50% agreement in order to make spends. (I'm more worried about treasurers disappearing than trying to steal the money.)

Well then just choose most active and reliable users who can provide multiple communication methods and have some other business running for their living.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:13:50 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 03:42:02 AM by Dabs

I'm still here! Is this an attendance thread?

Although I am responsible for what was then valued at a few thousand bitcoins worth (in fiat) some time ago, because of the BTC price increase the past couple of days, the bitcoin equivalent has naturally lowered to a few hundreds worth.

In my view, bitcoins are bitcoins, regardless of value, so you can still entrust me with whatever you or the forum deems a comfortable amount. And if we end up using multi-sig, there should be either clear instructions, or an app that can do this (open source, of course) to make it easy.

I'm known by at least one wallet developer (hive) and the founder of one relatively large cryptocurrency related business in the country (tagbond / tagcoins, who put up $5M USD as capital), and I also regularly receive donations meant for the victims of the recent Super Typhoon Haiyan.

The other stuff I do, I think I already posted in this thread earlier this year.

DPR has supposedly been arrested so ... I've been accused of being Chuck Norris, although I'd much prefer to be associated with Steven Seagal (I like martial arts, particularly Aikido) or Arnold (just because he's THE terminator).

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:30:37 AM

I'm still here! Is this an attendance thread?

Although I am responsible for what was then valued at a few thousand bitcoins worth (in fiat) some time ago, because of the BTC price increase the past couple of days, the bitcoin equivalent has naturally lowered to a few hundreds worth.

In my view, bitcoins are bitcoins, regardless of value, so you can still entrust me with whatever you or the forum deems a comfortable amount. And if we end up using multi-sig, there should be either clear instructions, or an app that can do this (open source, of course) to make it easy.

I'm known by at least one wallet developer (hive) and the founder of one relatively large cryptocurrency related business in the country (tagbond / tagcoins, who put up $5M USD as capital), and I also regularly receive donations meant for the victims of the recent Super Typhoon Haiyan.

The other stuff I do, I think I already posted in this thread earlier this year.

You have one rating on OTC!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:33:29 AM

If you think you are able to hold the money for the forum you probably shouldn't be holding the money for the forum. The people that ask to hold the forum money are usually the ones that will scam look at TF. We would all have our pitch forks out for him if he had the forum's money, we all be yelling at theymos also. Instead smart theymos saw that he wasn't able to hold the money. So again if you think you should be holding the money you probably shouldn't.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:49:13 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 07:11:05 AM by Dabs

Yeah, I don't do much OTC as in the OTC website. I do more localbitcoins (and I only have 2 ratings there) because all my other transactions are personal or meet-ups.

I do have ratings here, although many people have questioned the forum's own trust system.

Those who don't want to hold the money, even if they can, should not. That is different to those who can, and those who should. They've got to qualify for both. Some people should, but won't.

I don't know what theymos saw, or didn't see.

I'm just here, it does not affect me whether or not I am chosen. I am just confident that if I am entrusted with other people's money, I can keep it safe.

I also just recently (a few minutes ago) had the privilege to transfer about 200 BTC worth of fiat (at the current rate of about $500 USD per BTC) from one bank account to another.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 02:23:58 PM

I'm interested in being the treasurer. Johnk can vouch for me and he's on my Whatsapp contact.
I run a Bitcoin Consultancy from Kuala Lumpur, have an automated escrow site and done a few manual escrows in this forum.
I attended Bitcoin Singapore last week and met famous people like Roger Ver, Asher Tan/Ryan Zhou from Coinjar, Johann from Monetas and lots more.

thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:16:23 PM

The DZMC (DyslexicZombei Miner Coop) has done a decent amount of funds transfers. This is the current main address

https://blockchain.info/address/14YUzGrVPBdCAf6VpJuLVDVciVyzfZJiSu

There is another with about 250-300 but that was before I took over moving funds around.

200 BTC refunded in less than 72 hours for the ATM GB.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324225.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325528.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: