Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25576 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:20:47 AM

To clarify why the flight doesn't show up on any flight-tracker - only IFR and Flight-Planned VFR Flights will show up on a tracker.  If the flight was performed as a simple VFR flight (Which it most likely was since Josh is only a Private Pilot with No Instrument Certification) then it wouldn't have been recorded in most databases.

You were a brave one Kano, Flying with someone who's only had a license for six or seven months in a rental airplane Smiley

Enigma
Well, I certainly wasn't worried Smiley ... and the landing was VERY smooth indeed.
Definitely a highlight of the visit for me.

... not sure if I'm brave Smiley ... though ... I did once ride a motorcycle long ago in peak hour traffic for a year and was never scared of the stupidity I could do with it ... until I was hit by a truck and had to stop riding ... coz I couldn't walk for 3 months and the bike was not longer usable Tongue (It was the trucks fault)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Enigma81

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:24:25 AM

Well, I certainly wasn't worried Smiley ... and the landing was VERY smooth indeed.
Definitely a highlight of the visit for me.

Glad you enjoyed your flight.  I've been a private pilot (with Instrument and Multi-Engine Ratings) for about 15 years now.  I love it up there.

The smooth landing was certainly attributable to a well trained pilot, but also comes courtesy of the low-wing design.  Because of ground-effect, one has to practically coax/convince the aircraft to land Smiley

Enigma
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

No I didn't take pictures of staff.
I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of people, so I took them of everything else.

The picture of the plane is the same plane we got into Tongue
That picture is as we were walking to it.
That is Josh who piloted it and I sat next to him in the front - it's a 4 seater (as you can see), 2 front, 2 back.

The jpg headers are simply what GIMP copied (as it says) from the original and saved in the new files I created.
(The originals are all 3264x2448 except where I used the front facing camera to photograph myself)
The Pix folder on my server is also in my Dropbox, so I just load the original picture from my local Dropbox (yes the phone and Nexus photo folders are linked to my Dropbox also), scale it, and then re-save it in the Dropbox Pix folder that is linked in the Pix folder on that web server of mine.
No manual file transfers required by me from anywhere to anywhere, just short Dropbox transfer delays  Smiley
(though I'm not sure when I enabled that, it may have been after the first few pictures - but I'm not sure exactly when I did that)

As I said (no idea who or how many people) the 'Test Room' picture I took later and added later since I noticed I had missed it.

No idea what the problem is with the flight photos. I'm pretty sure I got them in order (unless the taking off one was a landing one Tongue)
We landed where we took off ... on the 19th. All photos should be on KC time, but my laptop is on Sydney time.
May well be the source where you get that data is slow or useless - since it lists the last flight as 12th and we flew on the 19th.

Yes I met everyone mentioned at the top of the page (even Jody's name is there ...)

The second photo was taken by me alone.
As I have said, it was a short walk from the Hotel to BFL, so on the first morning I simply walked there.
(after using Google Map to realise it was less than a 2 minute walk)

I am very satisfied with your explanation, Kano.

There should be no doubts in people's minds that Kano did visit the plant, took pics with his Australian smartphone, and flew with Josh.

Any pics of the pre-order money sitting in a vault?  Grin

Seriously, thanks a lot, bud, for your efforts and hope you enjoyed your vacation in the States.

Serious last question: Wasn't there supposed to be a second guy on this tour?

~Bruno K~
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 03:32:08 PM

I have alerted Homeland security to the Australian Terrorist and his terror cell at BFL.... :p

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:10:30 PM

The smooth landing was certainly attributable to a well trained pilot, but also comes courtesy of the low-wing design.  Because of ground-effect, one has to practically coax/convince the aircraft to land Smiley

I've logged many passenger hours in high-winged tail-dragers or on floats.  Recently I was a passenger in a Cherokee and it was unbelievable how nice it landed.  Attributed to low wing design, but the pilot was private but I think reasonably skillful.  Even a shitty pilot can grease one on often enough so a sample of one landing does not mean much.

I've yet to get my pilots license.  Flying is fun, but expensive and thus not worth it to me.  When BTC gets into the 4 figures USD per, I'll likely change my mind on this Smiley  Also stopped riding a motorcycles (on the street) after a crash.  Risk/reward ratio not favorable.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:30:14 PM

I have alerted Homeland security to the Australian Terrorist and his terror cell at BFL.... :p
Well ... now that you mention it, I did seriously get an SMS from the Govt about half an hour 'after' I walked through customs ... that was unexpected Smiley
(Centrelink seems to have direct access to customs information ... ... scary)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:21:21 PM

Some progress

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

Some progress

12 Feb 2013: The chips have been delivered by FedEx to the bumping facility.
27 Feb 2013: A photo was taken of the chips.

15 days to take a photograph, and you call that progress?

Buy & Hold
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:29:47 PM

15 days to take a photograph, and you call that progress?
They are claming that they will know whatever the chips work or not tonight. That is a progress.
I want to get up tomorrow and to know it.

Quote from: Josh@BFL.forum
I finally went to bed around midnight last night and these pics rolled in around 2AM, so I wasn't up to post them.

However, here's a couple pics of the test wafer at the testing facility. They will be putting the chips through testing today (Wednesday) and we should have results back sometime later tonight. I will post when I have more information on that front.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

Well ... now that you mention it, I did seriously get an SMS from the Govt about half an hour 'after' I walked through customs ... that was unexpected Smiley
(Centrelink seems to have direct access to customs information ... ... scary)

It's no secret that Centrelink data matches with other government agencies, including the Department of Immigration - they tell you that themselves on their website.  Whether going overseas affects your payment depends on what payment you're receiving.

Newstart is suspended while you're out of the country because you're not available for work during that period.  The risk in not telling Centrelink in advance that you'll be going overseas is having your payment cancelled rather than suspended.  If you've failed to notify them in advance, they may also ask for explanation about why you went overseas and who paid for the trip.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

Is Kano on Australian Welfare?

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/centrelink-website

Now I am not "base" enough to joke about that (cause soon most of us will be on welfare in one way or another as economies of scale deteriorate), but now I understand the rest as it comes into focus if this is the case.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:11:14 PM

Now I am not "base" enough to joke about that (cause soon most of us will be on welfare in one way or another as economies of scale deteriorate), but now I understand the rest as it comes into focus if this is the case.

Not necessarily.  Centrelink administers income support payments but it also administers payments for children, which are received by many families who are not "low income" by most definitions (it's complex to explain how this works, but depending on whether or not both parents are working and the number of children, these payments don't totally cut out until the family income is somewhere between $90,000 and $150,000 pa).

Going on a short overseas trips is only an issue for people whose payments are conditional on some kind of activity - such as looking for work.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:29:07 PM

ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.

Seriously Crazyates, you have your tongue so far up BFL's ass... come on, how much are they paying you?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 11:07:29 PM

Just curious - if the chips are square and the wafer is round.. isn't that kind of a waste of some chips... 

or do the partially cut-off chips just not hash as fast Wink
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:13:03 PM

Just curious - if the chips are square and the wafer is round.. isn't that kind of a waste of some chips... 

Wafers have to be round. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czochralski_process

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

Not necessarily.  Centrelink administers income support payments but it also administers payments for children, which are received by many families who are not "low income" by most definitions (it's complex to explain how this works, but depending on whether or not both parents are working and the number of children, these payments don't totally cut out until the family income is somewhere between $90,000 and $150,000 pa).

Going on a short overseas trips is only an issue for people whose payments are conditional on some kind of activity - such as looking for work.

Kano did mention that he has a medical issue. I'm guessing that that's what the card would be for.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:17:58 PM

Almost everyone in Australia is on some kind of welfare or government handout. When you take government handouts and tax breaks into account. Even millionaires get welfare in Australia lol.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:44:23 PM

Meanwhile Tongue

http://www.kano-kun.net/

Redid my links from before and added a couple more posts Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 12:32:10 AM

Meanwhile Tongue

http://www.kano-kun.net/

Redid my links from before and added a couple more posts Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts
Valle

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

I've noticed that this phone of bfl's chip have geostamp pointing to Unive in Fremont, CA: http://ow.ly/i/1EM8o
The company produces ASICs from 130nm to 600nm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: