Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25576 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:11:31 AM

Maybe Sonny wrote BFL_Josh's template and Josh just posted it?

hmm

My theory is that Josh has been with BFL a lot longer than what we've been led to believe.

Remember when members here were ready to go to KC and check out BFL, but Josh jumped in and said no need, for he's already there? In fact, directly across the street. Here's the pics, all!

What are the odds that four people in a small group all double space at the beginning of a sentence: BFL; Sonny V; Sonny K; Josh?

They're in a little trap if they want to claim that BFL is Sonny V. They never did answer the question as to who is Sonny K. Did Kano or Luke meet Sonny K? If they did, did he look like Sonny Vleisides?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:27:43 AM

Never met another Sonny.
Though I will add that double spaces are common all over the planet Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:02:15 AM

Never met another Sonny.
Though I will add that double spaces are common all over the planet Tongue

That is true, even on this forum, and even Satoshi. But on a percentage basis, 4 different people from a small sample, all of which are the only ones posting/ed on this forum is rather particular.

Is it safe to assume that Sonny K = Sonny Vleisides?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:21:40 AM

Interesting catch PG.

Here's something just as interesting:

With our forthcoming trade-in program for existing BFL Singles, FPGA owners wishing to make the move to our BitForce 'SC' ASIC solution, we will be launching a very limited pilot program to convert some of the FPGA boards to mine Litecoins.

Since the majority of our resources are focused on our Mini Rig and BitForce 'SC' ASIC fronts right now, this will be a very very limited program, and will be strictly limited to just forty (40) FPGA Litecoin boards (LTC Singles). After the run of 40 LTC Singles, there will be no more. You do not have to be a current BFL Single owner to purchase an LTC Single and in fact there will be no preferential treatment given to people who are trading their BFL Singles in. We will go strictly by the pre-order list, and then first-come-first-serve if there are any units left. These converted and LTC Singles will be available to anybody who wants to buy them.

We currently have a prototype mining at ~718kh/s at around 78W using the standard power supply we include with our regular BFL Singles.  We are pricing these at $499 or LTC equivalent for pre-orders, but (and if any are left) they will be priced at $599 at launch date some time in October and will carry our standard 6-month warranty.

Starting right now, you can reserve up to five (5) LTC Singles, and keeping with the spirit of the program, we will accept Litecoins and only Litecoins for pre-order.  If you'd like to reserve 1-5 of the 40 LTC Singles, you can send a 2000 LTC deposit for each unit you'd like order to the following address, which will be counted toward your final purchase:

mod notice: BFL confirms this to be a fraud

Be sure to send a copy of your Transaction ID to project_scrypt@butterflylabs.com and include how many units you wish to reserve.  Please limit your pre-order to 5 units, though we admit this will be mostly an honor-system sort of thing. BFL-Engineer will be here shortly to fill in any technicals.

Regards,
BFL-Scrypt

I'm busted.  This was a scam attempt.  But since nobody was actually hurt, I don't get a Scammer tag right?

Again, a double space poster. But there's an even weirder part. Scrypt declared it a scam attempt. An attempt to steal money. Yes! But nobody sent any. Prior to any money changing hands, an email would need to be sent. To what andress, you ask? This one: project_scrypt@butterflylabs.com.

Toward the end of that thread, theymos bans him.

Bottomline, he could have done better and claimed a troll attempt, for that would make sense. But admitting to trying to steal money via a butterflylabs.com email account is totally bazard.

Folks, I think we have a serious situation on our hands, and you don't want to know what I'm thinking. But I will state this: I believe BFL has been playing good-cop/bad-cop and they're going for the long con. It's beginning to all add up now, and I don't mean in BFL's favor.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:39:28 AM

Interesting catch PG.

Here's something just as interesting:

With our forthcoming trade-in program for existing BFL Singles, FPGA owners wishing to make the move to our BitForce 'SC' ASIC solution, we will be launching a very limited pilot program to convert some of the FPGA boards to mine Litecoins.

Since the majority of our resources are focused on our Mini Rig and BitForce 'SC' ASIC fronts right now, this will be a very very limited program, and will be strictly limited to just forty (40) FPGA Litecoin boards (LTC Singles). After the run of 40 LTC Singles, there will be no more. You do not have to be a current BFL Single owner to purchase an LTC Single and in fact there will be no preferential treatment given to people who are trading their BFL Singles in. We will go strictly by the pre-order list, and then first-come-first-serve if there are any units left. These converted and LTC Singles will be available to anybody who wants to buy them.

We currently have a prototype mining at ~718kh/s at around 78W using the standard power supply we include with our regular BFL Singles.  We are pricing these at $499 or LTC equivalent for pre-orders, but (and if any are left) they will be priced at $599 at launch date some time in October and will carry our standard 6-month warranty.

Starting right now, you can reserve up to five (5) LTC Singles, and keeping with the spirit of the program, we will accept Litecoins and only Litecoins for pre-order.  If you'd like to reserve 1-5 of the 40 LTC Singles, you can send a 2000 LTC deposit for each unit you'd like order to the following address, which will be counted toward your final purchase:

mod notice: BFL confirms this to be a fraud

Be sure to send a copy of your Transaction ID to project_scrypt@butterflylabs.com and include how many units you wish to reserve.  Please limit your pre-order to 5 units, though we admit this will be mostly an honor-system sort of thing. BFL-Engineer will be here shortly to fill in any technicals.

Regards,
BFL-Scrypt

I'm busted.  This was a scam attempt.  But since nobody was actually hurt, I don't get a Scammer tag right?

Again, a double space poster.  But there's an even weirder part.  Scrypt declared it a scam attempt.  An attempt to steal money.  Yes! But nobody sent any. Prior to any money changing hands, an email would need to be sent.  To what andress, you ask? This one: project_scrypt@butterflylabs.com.

Toward the end of that thread, theymos bans him.

Bottomline,  he could have done better and claimed a troll attempt,  for that would make sense.  But admitting to trying to steal money via a butterflylabs.com email account is totally bazard.

Folks, I think we have a serious situation on our hands, and you don't want to know what I'm thinking.  But I will state this: I believe BFL has been playing good-cop/bad-cop and they're going for the long con.  It's beginning to all add up now, and I don't mean in BFL's favor.

Then explain this  Cheesy Who are you..........identify yourself  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:23:56 PM

It gets better:

I would really appreciate being whitelisted.  It's in place to prevent bots, spammers, and scammers.  I'm none of the above and have a previous account that I no longer wish to be associated with.  Going through this process a second time is not enjoyable.

The above is indicative of all of Lab_Rat's posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=70379

Now compare that with: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=70315;sa=showPosts

BFL_Lab_Rat                  Jr. Member   2012-10-22   13   
Lab_Rat                     Newbie           2012-10-23   7   

labrat84

I think it mostly depends on if you think that ButterflyLabs is going to ship on time and where you think you are or will be on the pre-order list.  From what i understand they are going to start shipping to the pre-orders next month, but no guarantee on when you will get yours if you are just now ordering.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

It gets better:

Phin,

Just my opinion, but the double-space thing is weak sauce.  It's not completely valueless in hypothesis testing, but nearly so.

As a slight asside, I think I remember from typing class (and I learned, under great duress, on a manual typewriter) that double-spaces were appropriate in separating sentences.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:45:39 PM

It gets better:

Phin,

Just my opinion, but the double-space thing is weak sauce.  It's not completely valueless in hypothesis testing, but nearly so.

As a slight asside, I think I remember from typing class (and I learned, under great duress, on a manual typewriter) that double-spaces were appropriate in separating sentences.

Your point is well taken, for I did take typing in HS in the late 70's, and a DS was indeed the norm at the beginning of a sentence, as well as before the Zip Code.

But, what I have done is spend Bryan's quarter and offer up a clue. Jody is over 60 years old and has been typing her entire life, but doesn't use a DS. It's a hard habit to break, one I chose in breaking while writing online early on.

A much younger person would probably not use DS in their pennings, yet there's a handful of BFL diehards at such a tender age choosing to do so.

Josh is well versed...I repeat, Josh is well versed in creating discontent online to further an agenda. This fact is well documented.
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:19:28 PM

If the money is good and you don't have to deliver anything, as they have proven so far, there are easy and legal ways to siphon all the money out of the company and into your own pocket.

I like the DS analysis, even if it is borderline paranoia. Maybe there is sth to be found about KnC too...
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:06:53 PM

Geez PG...

Then you must be BFL as well then, since you (and billion others) use SP when writing. I do that as well... unless I'm writing something more official papers (legal/business etc). Although the formal way is DS, few if any would probably notice or care if you use SP.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:27:03 AM

Double spaces after sentences are normal when typing on a typewriter.  It used to be the accepted practice but is now considered outmoded when using a keyboard.  I would say that the only thing it really proves is that the typist learned to type on a typewriter, or from a typing teacher without current skills.  Two spaces after sentences is no longer considered correct by any current style guild (APA, MLA, etc).

Yes, that was intentional.  
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:46:56 AM

I will be sure to put newlines at the end of my sentences from now on.
I don't want the lynch mob thinking I am from BFL.
 Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: