Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25576 times)
DontMineMe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:25:16 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 06:09:19 AM by DontMineMe

Pringles.png

Don't pop your top just yet.  They still need to be bumped, packaged, and most importantly, thoroughly tested.

This ^^

Some of you are blind aren't you? There hasn't been really any tests on the BFL "chips" that are "on the way to the US".

Hurry up and WAIT lol

Suckerz....  Grin Grin Grin
I have to agree. I just posted a thread about this (that was deleted for some reason). These chips still have to make their way across the world to the US (i'm willing to bet they're not overnight airmailed....), assembled, and tested. That process alone will take weeks, and much longer if there's any sort of issues (let's face it, this is untested product - there will be issues). I was very late to the party (order number 18k), and i honestly don't expect to receive mine until well after the summer. I won't be able to get in early, or recoup my investment quickly, but let's face it - a jalapeno is going to be the minimum you'll need to make any sort of profit mining here very soon.

You just gave me a shot of reality , I don't like it. I hope you are wrong!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:27:18 AM

meanwhile, network hash grows at 2% a day...I have been one of the patient ones, but this is starting to tick me off

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:40:21 AM

meanwhile, network hash grows at 2% a day...I have been one of the patient ones, but this is starting to tick me off

'patient ones' is a more charitable description than what others may be tempted to use Smiley

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:31:41 AM

Someone apply for the Communications Director - North America job at BFL so customers can get timely, accurate updates.

http://butterflylabs.com/jobs/

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:08:43 AM

For those following the timeline:

Transport wafers same day to bumping facility - DONE
2 days in bumping facility - DONE?
Transport to substrate and packaging - I'm guessing they're somewhere
1 - 2 days for substrate and packaging - between these two steps?
Transport to assembly house
< 24 hours at assembly house
~1 day for chip verification/testing
Transport to Kansas City
Bulk assembly / send out demo units
Ship bulk units

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 04:24:49 AM

Per Josh, they aren't done at the bumping facility. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day.
repentance

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:39:31 AM

Per Josh, they aren't done at the bumping facility. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day.

Hope kano can change his return flight then because it doesn't sound like there's going to be much to see in Kansas City this week.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:30:48 PM

BFL_Josh - 02-18-2013 06:25 PM -- Ok, I just got a call.. I guess the guy that we normally talk to is off for Presidents Day... forgot it was a holiday today, so that's why we haven't gotten a call back from
him. We have a call in elsewhere, but it's getting a bit late now. However, presuming the chips are done tomorrow, we'll be able to test the chip out before it's packaged, so we should know pretty much everything we need to know fairly soon and start the process on the other 6 wafers and the bulk of the chips after that.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:16:43 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 02:41:46 PM by MrTeal

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/85-perennial-question-when-will-my-order-ship.html
Quote from: BFL_Jody
As our ASIC chips make their way through the final packaging before they are joined to the boards and assembled into BitForce miners, we are having shipping cartons delivered and assembly people ready to complete the final step. If all goes well we will ship the first units this month. Those are the orders made last June. If you order now, because of the backlog of orders, you may not get your order until May or June of this year. We are not good enough prophets to tell you exactly what day your order will ship. If you ordered between June of last year and February of this year, your order will most likely be shipped before June of this year. We will update our shipping expectations once we have shipped out a few and see how fast this whole process goes. Please continue to check this blog, since I will be telling the ORDER DATE which we are shipping every day.

Sweet, if you ordered between June last year and Feb this year, your order should ship by June. Most likely.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:15:34 PM

I am just curious what the next excuse is...

"Bumping facility was robbed only leaving the boxes the chips came in and some mysterious fans that were placed in the boxes."

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'd go with something like "The mean bad government confiscated all our chips."  That would explain why they have zero which can be proven to work, and also would deflect rage away from their poor abused selves.

An added advantage is that they could also string 'customers' along for a few more month with stories about how their lawyers are about to make a breakthrough in return of the property and so forth.  I think that most of BFL's 'customers' could probably be kept on the line for years judging by the past performance.

<Before I read post 112, I wish to reply to this, post 111.>

With "so forth" consisting of Mt Gox safeguarding the chips, releasing them once the original true owners have been identified after providing proper paperwork.

I just thought of another one.  How about: "Damn bumping facility screwed up and fried the whole batch!"

If people didn't believe that every single one chip got nuked, they might be able to come up with an Avalon and sand the markings off it.

I do like the idea of trying to extract an identity theft kit from the victims though.  Not sure how to work that one in.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 03:09:07 AM

Hope kano can change his return flight then because it doesn't sound like there's going to be much to see in Kansas City this week.
Kano cannot change his plans as he has to leave on Saturday.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 03:14:46 AM

Kano cannot change his plans as he has to leave on Saturday.

FYI Smiley

I've got my plane tickets to BFL - Kansas City today (email booked digital ticket details from the travel agent) arranged by Josh
So my flight to the USA, leaving Sydney on the 17th Feb (my time) - to be back here in Aus again on the 23rd.

... so I going from Oz (Aus) to Kansas (City) ... isn't that back to front? Cheesy
repentance

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:52:43 AM

It's Wednesday afternoon here in Australia now.  If kano's going to be back here in Australia on Saturday 23rd, then he hasn't got much time left in the US - the journey back takes the best part of a day.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:19:54 AM

It's Wednesday afternoon here in Australia now.  If kano's going to be back here in Australia on Saturday 23rd, then he hasn't got much time left in the US - the journey back takes the best part of a day.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130223T09&p0=405&msg=Kano%27s+return+flight
repentance

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:25:43 AM

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130223T09&p0=405&msg=Kano%27s+return+flight

That's wrong.  In order to arrive back here on 23 February Australian time, he'd have to leave the US either late Friday night or early Saturday morning our time at the latest (it's a really long flight).  If he was to leave the US midnight Friday our time, that's less than 54 hours away - unless the bumping facility pulls it's finger out, he's not even going to see any chips get tested.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:27:30 AM

That's wrong.  In order to arrive back here on 23 February Australian time, he'd have to leave the US either late Friday night or early Saturday morning our time at the latest (it's a really long flight).  If he was to leave the US midnight Friday our time, that's less than 54 hours away.
What date and time should I set it too?

I thought the tickets were for the moment you leave to get on the plane and not when you arrive? Could you clarify?
repentance

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:36:57 AM

I thought the tickets were for the moment you leave to get on the plane and not when you arrive? Could you clarify?

He said "...to be back here in Aus again on the 23rd." which suggests he'll be back in Australia on 23 February.

2355 Australian time on Saturday 23rd (which would just barely count as arriving back here on Saturday) is 0655 Kansas City time on Saturday 23rd - but that's the time he'd be arriving back in Australia, not the time he'd be leaving the US.  The flight is at least 18 hours and could be more depending on what route he's taking, so he'd have to depart Kansas City by 1300 Friday Kansas City time - so set it to that.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 07:40:46 AM

Here you go, here are a handful of pics Kano has to show for his trip (note, no chips):
http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:42:07 AM

Thanks for the explanation, the clock has been revised:

BFL sends Kano back, "Return To Sender"!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:55:43 AM

Nice trip so far. Noticed they are prepping the SC Minirigs with a supplementary power supply. (Didn't know they made those)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054

At $89 it is economically priced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: