Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US  (Read 25576 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:58:48 AM

Here you go, here are a handful of pics Kano has to show for his trip (note, no chips):
http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

Nice plane.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:00:43 AM

Here you go, here are a handful of pics Kano has to show for his trip (note, no chips):

Nice plane.
http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N793US

Confirmed flight path: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N793US

stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:32:52 AM

@puertolibre a personal question. even though i am a bfl customer and dont even know if i receive a paid (09/2012)product this year ( it sucks , yes i know it ...)  , havent YOU got tired of all this? I mean all the mocking and all of the endless arguing with that unbelievable person (i have worst worst for it but maybe another time) ...
Considering your ignore button is becoming even more yellowish that the day before.
Even i dont know if bfl is running for the hills or they have their chips soaking in unicorn blood ( pfff some people's arrogance is annoying) , but i am sicked of this situation.
Most of the time i dont want to read about it , much less to comment on it.
I remember that you were an avalon customer. Arent you a bit dissapointed of how you are being treated? Is this your way of venting?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:30:40 AM

@puertolibre a personal question. even though i am a bfl customer and dont even know if i receive a paid (09/2012)product this year ( it sucks , yes i know it ...)  , havent YOU got tired of all this? I mean all the mocking and all of the endless arguing with that unbelievable person (i have worst worst for it but maybe another time) ...
I have long been tired of it. I only come on these days to read up on Avalon and when I will receive mine.

I only sporadically post in the BFL threads anymore. I don't think anyone does actually.

To be very honest it is very boring these days. I don't see the point (anymore) in arguing with said person.

Considering your ignore button is becoming even more yellowish that the day before.
I actually cannot see it. I use one of the default skins of the forum (the ugly one). In that skin the forum's ignore picture is broken. So I am unaware of what the color of it is.

In either case, I don't believe the ignore button is very effective as other people will quote my text and it'll appear one way or the other. I also see that the Bitcoin community is very loose on friendships so there isn't much point to building up knowledge of who is for what.

I work on my computer at different times of the day and have multiple monitors to track different business. So when I get around to it, I leave one window open and that's how I notice the "going on's".

Like I mentioned before, the other turd is not interesting anymore. Avalons shipping is seemingly gonna take a while so there is not really much to check up on.

Even i dont know if bfl is running for the hills or they have their chips soaking in unicorn blood ( pfff some people's arrogance is annoying) , but i am sicked of this situation.
Most of the time i dont want to read about it , much less to comment on it.
I remember that you were an avalon customer. Arent you a bit dissapointed of how you are being treated? Is this your way of venting?
I am bothered by it.

Frankly I just want my Avalon to arrive so I can stop checking the forum every day. Thats what gets me into "fights" with the other turd.

If you check my recent posting I barely bother with the come backs anymore. It just seems like a waste of time these days.

------------------

Beyond that, I probably know just slightly more than the average Avalon customer. (perhaps not?)

So that keeps my temperament/venting in check as I keep checking for updates at different times of day and night. I expect the units will be arriving soon as the Customs backlog clears.

As for BFL, no one needs to pound the sand in their corner anymore. They seem to create a crater all on their own at every turn. If the chips fail to pass the test, it is "game over" as is said.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:23:39 AM

LOL.  You "sporadically" post in the BFL threads. That's the best joke I've heard today. Dude your life revolves around the BFL threads. Just check any thread that mentions BFL and your there trolling. Shouldn't you be staring at you avalon rig mining away....oh wait.   Cheesy
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:09:40 PM

LOL.  You "sporadically" post in the BFL threads. That's the best joke I've heard today. Dude your life revolves around the BFL threads. Just check any thread that mentions BFL and your there trolling. Shouldn't you be staring at you avalon rig mining away....oh wait.   Cheesy
From his last 20 posts there are 17 about BFL, the grumpy old guy has no life at all without this forum and it's BFL threads. Just like that Micon poker clown, seems Frizz23 died and reincarnated into him, the fool keeps making up accounts to promote his "CES video showing Micon is a fail" on the BFL forum. Practically always ending with him showing his anal fixation. Don't you just love that ignore button?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:28:31 PM

I just realised that you went so far as to check in the airplaine flight. With the best intentions to a fellow human, find a hobby , fast!
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:25:15 PM

I only come on these days to read up on Avalon and when I will receive mine.

I only sporadically post in the BFL threads anymore. I don't think anyone does actually.

I just realised that you went so far as to check in the airplaine flight. With the best intentions to a fellow human, find a hobby , fast!

From his last 20 posts there are 17 about BFL

ROFL "I swear I'm just here to check up on Avalon! I barely even look at the BFL threads! But when I do, I post in them nonstop, and I stalk Josh like it's my job."

Srsly who gives a fuck about Kano's airplane ride. A few pics and a nice shot of the hotel right behind their office was enough for me to prove it was real!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:40:44 PM

"You're lost!"
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

junk coming out of my mouth

You dont have shame at all? lying though your teeth?

I bet the doctor in the delivery room slapped your mom when he saw you. Now he regretted not dropping you in a trash can.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:15:29 PM

You sound slightly uncivil. Wait riling up your nerves? Have a coke, relax.

There's nothing to worry about. Everything's cool. No reasons to get all up in arms.

It's not like, say, moderators are deleting posts of BFL customers asking where their ordered product is and...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145479.0

.... oh.... oh dear...  Sad
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:20:28 PM

Thanks Kano.  It's cool to see the operation at work even if they're just waiting for the chips.

Good luck to anyone waiting for Avalons as well.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:25:23 PM

That's a whole lot of SC Mini Rig cases. Kind of drives home exactly how high the difficulty is going to skyrocket when BFL gets around to shipping them.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

You'd think they would've waited to fly someone across the globe until they had a product to demonstrate.

repentance

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:43:53 PM

You'd think they would've waited to fly someone across the globe until they had a product to demonstrate.

As 22 February was their "worst case scenario", "if everything goes wrong" shipping date, I suspect that the plan was for kano to fly home with one of the first BFL units assembled.

Hopefully BFL has learned something about the dangers of setting target dates when you're directly controlling very few steps of the overall project and when you're placing a very small order compared to the average customer in the sector.

All these months later, none of us even know who the project manager/administrator is.  It's obviously not Josh or Jody.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:08:53 PM

Hopefully BFL has learned something about the dangers of setting target dates when you're directly controlling very few steps of the overall project and when you're placing a very small order compared to the average customer in the sector.

Good one.

The problem is that accurate shipping estimates and continuing pre-order sales revenues are incompatible concepts. Nobody is this grotesquely incompetent. Avalon got a couple units out, ASICMiner is online, BFL needed something. Another nonsensical timeline gives them something to placate the faithful while difficulty continues to rise.

repentance

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2013, 11:49:32 PM by repentance

The problem is that accurate shipping estimates and continuing pre-order sales revenues are incompatible concepts.

While this is largely true, it doesn't explain the inability to meet a solid target date for Batch 1.  I think part of their problem is that once the date for completion of the chips slipped, any dates they had locked in for bumping and packaging couldn't be met and they then became dependent on those facilities being able to squeeze them in around other orders.  They're not AMD or Intel, and this isn't a millions of chips run, so they don't have the kind of leverage to get booked orders bumped for their urgent run.

In their shoes, I'd forget about assembling back-orders in-house.  Originally they thought they'd be able to quickly catch up on back orders if they contracted out assembly for batch 1 only.  That's clearly not going to be the case - people ordering now are looking at a delivery date 2-3 months away if everything goes well. 

It's no longer clear when BFL might be able to make the transition to an order turnaround time of less than a week.  They either need to stop taking new orders until they catch up or they need to accelerate their manufacturing process because inability to deliver quickly is going to affect the profitability of their units as everyone - including their own Batch 1 customers - brings more hashing power online. 

It will cost them a lot more to accelerate manufacturing, but that has to be weighed against sales lost due to their inability to deliver units in a known, reasonable time-frame.  A single ordered now could be worthless if delivered in June due to massive difficulty jumps over the next few months.  It's probably not even worth keeping Jalapenos in their product line after the second batch of 6,000 chips is completed and assembled. 

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:20:23 AM

You sound slightly uncivil. Wait riling up your nerves? Have a coke, relax.
Yep, what greyhawk says.

@ BFL posse
<Sip> yep, buy some coke and get over it.

As you can see the Yes, Men clown posse has shown up.

Lets see,

There is Poon-Tang:
The guy who thinks on the BFL forums that any customers who ask about when they will receive their produce = a bunch of trolls.

Not a hardcore fanboi but close.

SloK, needs zero introduction:
Total Fanboi with BFL. Insults anyone who asks questions both on and off the BFL forum.

Sterigum,
I don't know too much about him but tends to favor BFL in the few posts that he does endeavor to type.

etc.

It's like someone ordered them to line up against a wall on command to form a unified front of objectionable stupidity.

----------------

To fill in the clueless posse I used to be an amateur investigator.My Google-fu is pretty weak. If you didn't know that you could pull up that information from publicly available resources....well that is pretty sad.

There's nothing to worry about. Everything's cool. No reasons to get all up in arms.

It's not like, say, moderators are deleting posts of BFL customers asking where their ordered product is and...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145479.0

.... oh.... oh dear...  Sad
<Shrug>
Clearfly

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:26:54 AM

Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:36:23 AM

Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........

I think everyone is waiting for this kind of notice! Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: