Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used for Good?  (Read 38269 times)
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:32:34 PM

Definately yes, bitcoin can be use in any good purposes. But nowadays we can't control the mind of people to use bitcoin in good ways. Others might be use bitcoin for some illegal transaction. In using bitcoin it will depends on the situation of a person.. Anyone can do anything they wants to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:21:44 AM

I guess so. Bitcoin doesn't harm anyone when you're just buying stuffs online, earning some, withdrawing some, availing services, or basically being a normal Bitcoin user. As long as you don't go to the darkNet and hire a hitman then pay him with Bitcoins, I think you're not using Bitcoin in a bad way. You could also use Bitcoin in illegal ways but other Bitcoin users won't actually mind about it because it is none of their business.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:30:28 AM

bitcoin is the same as other currencies. can be used to be good or bad. but I think bitcoin more anonymous, so maybe many people utilize this to do a bad thing or for money laundering.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:59:06 AM

Of course it can. Bitcoin can be used for all the good purposes. Nowadays, there're many charity organization or social community that accepts bitcoin as donation. You can use bitcoin for it. Therefore we can help people who needs help in financial and social aspects.
Yes it can be use it for good you can donate to someone who needed money using bitcoin. Or in someone that have emergency situation in money  bitcoin can easy to transfer to someone in need. So  bitcoin can use for good and also in bad things

Those bad things or illegal things are the one stopping the growth of bitcoin. People must see its usage on the good side for investors to come in. Even small ones can do a lot of impact in its economy.
i think not just with more people using bitcoin for illegal activity it's has helped bitcoin growth. for example some countries not allow their citizen playing gambling but we know bitcoin can strong like now because by gambling site.

Cozynunu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:20:03 PM

Bitcoins can be used for allot of things and off course are there people who use bitcoins for good things but there are more people who use them for bad things i think because he is untraceable so they are happy about that.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:08:49 PM

Bitcoins can be used for allot of things and off course are there people who use bitcoins for good things but there are more people who use them for bad things i think because he is untraceable so they are happy about that.
Yes, bitcoin could be used for good things as well for bad things just based on the user. Bitcoin is not completely untraceable, still it supports our privacy. We should not misuse the benefit of being pseudo-anonymous as a lot of good things could be done through bitcoin system, so why just other things?
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:17:48 PM

It can be. But be careful to where you will donate it. Scams are lurking all over the bitcoin community and bad people could create some stories to where they would need funds for an unreal story. This could be something about people with sickness or something else.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:30:28 PM

Bitcoin can be used for good and for bad like any other currency. I mean if you are spending bitcoin on for example charities then you could already argue you are using bitcoin for "good" so it all depends how you look at it.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
haankoammu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:00:04 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, Not more and not less. it can be used for whatever the person using it is doing with it and it's not the fault or a praise to the currency but the person using it, If some people choose to do bad things with BTC then it's their fault, if someone donates it then it's good for them..
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:39:08 PM

Bitcoin its currently money, and money being bitcoin or fiat has always two sides the good one and the dark one, which each one of us may choose where he wanna to invest and what he will buy with the bitcoins, soo doesnt matter where the coins are used at all.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:46:03 PM

If you want to get a short answer then it is a yes, bitcoin is just another currency like others where we can use it to buy and sell or trade and because of some people that use it for illegal things but we can not to stop them.
xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:18:41 PM

Bitcoin can be used for good and for bad like any other currency. I mean if you are spending bitcoin on for example charities then you could already argue you are using bitcoin for "good" so it all depends how you look at it.
Yes 'm agree with you because now many are using bitcoin for good and this one of example i find http://www.coindesk.com/save-children-now-accepting-bitcoin-donations/

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:33:07 PM

One question

Who defines what is good or bad? Is there only one definition? (ok 2 questions Grin)

Nothing defines good or bad, but we define good or bad by what is good for us as a society in general and what is bad.
Without getting in philosophic debates, Bitcoin, just like any other currency, can be used for good or bad. Just like a gun, you can shoot the bad guys or shoot innocent people, it's not the gun's fault.

Apparently not, both the article linked and the OP made a blanket assertion that Bitcoin is, at present, only used for bad things. And I disagree with your assessment that majority opinion matters. That means that if more than half of a population in a given jurisdiction decide that some activity of yours is "bad", then they will force you to stop under threat of official violence. That's highly questionable morality; if the activity isn't causing harm or loss, there is no justification for such behaviour, it amounts to nothing more than arbitrary bullying

Each of us define what is good or bad, people have different views about it. Generally if you hurt anyone with your actions that is bad thing, everything else what you do is I think OK.
I don`t think gun is a good thing generally, gun can just create suffer, in any way if it`s used. Who will tell who is bad and who is innocent? Gun as a thing is a bad product, anyone who use it is a bad person. There is better ways to deal with problems.
We have governments and laws, we have different rules. They define what is good and what is bad.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:53:21 PM

I do not use bitcoin for anyting bad. I use it to buy computers and graphics cards to do some mining.
Yes so am i. I never used bitcoin in bad things. Used it to trade and have more profit and its quiet obvious that users used the bitcoin in good ways and activities. And also it depends to the people using it, if they want to use in a good or bad way.
the same for me to be honest, in my opinion bitcoin should be used only for good things and never bad

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:57:20 PM

I do not use bitcoin for anyting bad. I use it to buy computers and graphics cards to do some mining.
Yes so am i. I never used bitcoin in bad things. Used it to trade and have more profit and its quiet obvious that users used the bitcoin in good ways and activities. And also it depends to the people using it, if they want to use in a good or bad way.
the same for me to be honest, in my opinion bitcoin should be used only for good things and never bad
So how are we going to prevent it?the fact is that we cannot contol the actions of others and If we want bitcoin to become mainstream,we cannot expect it tobe used by good people only

dc1a0

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:34:52 AM

So how are we going to prevent it?the fact is that we cannot contol the actions of others and If we want bitcoin to become mainstream,we cannot expect it tobe used by good people only

I say we should only bother worrying about whether bitcoin is used for good when fiat currencies are only used for good. Welp, given the way politicians use fiat, both officially and unofficially, I guess we can never expect that to happen. Nevermind normal every day huxters, swindlers, drug pushers etc.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:59:42 AM

It is still too early to say that. I can't see bitcoin as stable nowadays. But still, we are hoping for it to show its full potential.
A lot of businesses will still pop up and help with its market's growth. Just keep up and wait.
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:04:35 AM

though there are many billionaire and millionaire but only some person who are very kind and uses money bitcoin earning part for charity . one of my friend who is bitcoin trader , he has blog for donaters but no one donate bitcoin . only our friend curcle's some person donate . i think it is starting to use bitcoin for good .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:22:31 AM

If you want to get a short answer then it is a yes, bitcoin is just another currency like others where we can use it to buy and sell or trade and because of some people that use it for illegal things but we can not to stop them.
things make bitcoin frequently used for illegal activity are because its anonymous
people not required to show their identity to create a bank account called wallet
send money thousands dollar without have to reveal who are them and other anonymous things in bitcoin
this make bitcoin as favourite currency for bad guys
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 05:58:36 AM

It is still too early to say that. I can't see bitcoin as stable nowadays. But still, we are hoping for it to show its full potential.
A lot of businesses will still pop up and help with its market's growth. Just keep up and wait.

This is stable around 600$ from the 800$ in halving period. So do not worry about that buddy. Price will increase with some value at the time of Christmas and new year holidays. So have little patience towards that and use that for make profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: