Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:17:13 PM

Also, I'm sure that the masternode opperators will vote on things that benefit them the most to increase their holdings...

And then masternode operators would be left with worthless coins in their possession pissing off everybody (miners, investors etc).

Do you even understand what are you writting or are you just having fun?

Masternode owners will only vote for what's good for Dash because they're long term holders and want their investment to increase.  How can they do that?  By growing Dash.

Example, Greedy MN owners want to take more of the block reward for themselves so they vote to increase their share to 80/10/10 allowing all the miners to leave. Now the security of the hash has been compromised, compromising the system, users leave in droves and the whole network collapses.

And it wouldn't take long either.

You can see, every decision will and has been weighed heavily against what is best for the project BECAUSE they're so heavily invested in the project.

The main point here is that there is nothing that the Masternodes can vote on where their interests are not aligned with the Dash Project. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 09:17:57 PM

can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

Vertoe's post is evidence Dash governance is 100% centralized.

Evan's Duffplanation for not doing a fair relaunch or airdrop is that some whales/early investors (ie Otoh) objected.

Like I said, prove it.

OK, here you go:

High volume of dumping on Cryptsy just now. I'll bet all my DRK that it was the mere mention of the word airdrop. Jesus, I can't believe this has even come up.

That's exactly it. That's also the reason I went into the safe and pulled my paperwallets and have them sent to the exchanges. The second this is greenlighted for a go on the airdrop, I am dumping 5 figures worth. I'm really hoping Evan comes to his senses about this.

Lol, investor confidence used to be an abstract phrase to me. But right now I can feel my own seeping out. Evan needs to comment ASAP.

Yes, please quash this airdrop idea. Will only cause pain. The big early holders have probably dumped most of their coins anyway. Keep up the good work on Darksend instead!

+1 +1 stop Airdrop DRK

Ok, sorry, bad idea . The Airdrop is off and I'll delete the voting thread

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:20:33 PM

Oh, that's not all.

Quote from: Evan
The system is designed in such a way that the founders eventually lose complete control of the voting system. It's on purpose, we are the ones that have the best idea of what needs to be done currently but over the next few years our voting power will become less and less.

"Eventually" is very comforting, and by the way it is false (math is hard, Evan) if founders receive at least 50% of the blockchain funding proposals, or if they mine the difference. Even at slightly below 50%, "eventually" could be deferred for a very, very long time.

Also Evan has decreed that nodes will exist only in data centers. Maybe he should rename it Amazoncoin:

The problems with propagation do not pass from the Bitcoin network to the Dash network, due to the high quality second tier infrastructure. We can require specific infrastructure from our masternodes, which will allow for very quick block propagation no matter the size.

Regarding the airdrop, it was a stupid idea whether it happened or not. Let's break it down. The nature of the instamine problem was too many coins distributed too quickly, so the "solution" was millions more coins distributed too quickly? WTFF?!

Oh, let's not forget:

This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2.4million+ coins to a specific address that I hold.

Wonderful idea Evan.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:24:45 PM

can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

Evan's Duffplanation for not doing a fair relaunch or airdrop is that some whales/early investors (ie Otoh) objected.

Like I said, prove it. The voting information is available in the client and if you're so sure it should be trivial to find a voting pattern to support it.

There is a HUGE difference between centralization and a great leader. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:28:16 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:52:24 PM by stan.distortion

can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals complete with timestamp and collateral transaction identifier is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

Like I said, prove it.

OK, here you go:

High volume of dumping on Cryptsy just now. I'll bet all my DRK that it was the mere mention of the word airdrop. Jesus, I can't believe this has even come up.

That's exactly it. That's also the reason I went into the safe and pulled my paperwallets and have them sent to the exchanges. The second this is greenlighted for a go on the airdrop, I am dumping 5 figures worth. I'm really hoping Evan comes to his senses about this.

Lol, investor confidence used to be an abstract phrase to me. But right now I can feel my own seeping out. Evan needs to comment ASAP.

Yes, please quash this airdrop idea. Will only cause pain. The big early holders have probably dumped most of their coins anyway. Keep up the good work on Darksend instead!

+1 +1 stop Airdrop DRK

Ok, sorry, bad idea . The Airdrop is off and I'll delete the voting thread

That's an irrelevant set of forum posts from before the governance system was even suggested, let alone implemented. You have the entire voting history available to you with timestamps and node identifiers and a while back you where offering to peer review Dash (lol), you've more than enough data there to back up your claims and find conclusive proof whether a single individual or group controls a majority of the masternode network.

You've already had the challenge put to you to break a darksend transaction but so far you've not been able to back up your claims with that, see if you can do any better with this one.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 09:39:14 PM

Also, I'm sure that the masternode opperators will vote on things that benefit them the most to increase their holdings...

And then masternode operators would be left with worthless coins in their possession pissing off everybody (miners, investors etc).

Do you even understand what are you writting or are you just having fun?

Masternode owners will only vote for what's good for Dash because they're long term holders and want their investment to increase.  How can they do that?  By growing Dash.

Example, Greedy MN owners want to take more of the block reward for themselves so they vote to increase their share to 80/10/10 allowing all the miners to leave. Now the security of the hash has been compromised, compromising the system, users leave in droves and the whole network collapses.

And it wouldn't take long either.

You can see, every decision will and has been weighed heavily against what is best for the project BECAUSE they're so heavily invested in the project.

The main point here is that there is nothing that the Masternodes can vote on where their interests are not aligned with the Dash Project.  

LOL, just fucking lol! So the Bitcoin block reward debate has taught you that everyone knows what is best for the network and will only vote for what is good for the network? Point being that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

But my larger point is that the system is set-up to continually reward a bunch of fatcats who do nothing but collect tax/fees/freedom-points on the backs of the dash poor who have little to no say in what they pay in fees, which if I have my say, will kill dash and shortly. So not exactly in your best interest to be claiming to be decentralized, when in fact you aren't, but you're still doing it despite the risk, so weird and contrary to your benevolent oligarch argument.

But look around, who do you see, a bunch of greedy snake-oil salesmen hoping (with little regard to reality) that no one notices the flaw of only idiots would pay you extra for centralized services that other coins do better and almost free. Your selling hype, the reality is there is no decentralization without a trustless way to verify that it is trustless, so your left pitching the illusion of decentralization, the illusion that a system that doesn't employ end-to-end privacy is good enough, the illusion that 11 algos are better than one, the illusion of a fair governance, the illusion that Evan is a genius, and the illusion that if you pitch it to the whole world and everyone would just leave you alone that the average joe is going to pass up the same illusions from a trusted bank or credit company with the backing of their local government and jump on board with a coin with a dubious past, a technology they probably don't understand and laundry detergent as a name.

I'll give you props for selling yourself the dream.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:47:40 PM

Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Like I said, prove it. The voting information is available in the client and if you're so sure it should be trivial to find a voting pattern to support it.

There is a HUGE difference between centralization and a great leader. 

Very true Tante and the guy has proved himself time and time again, he earned that confidence.

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 09:52:21 PM

Another week over with Dash still being the

• fastest
  • strongest
  • largest
  • most valuable
  • most adopted
  • most innovative
  • most reliably developed
  • most quickly developed
  • and technologically most superior

of all privacy-centric cryptocurrencies with the highest marketcap worldwide among those with zero noteworthy competition in sight.

Dr. Dashman concludes:
FeelsGoodMan.jpg

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:20:49 PM

Nice that everyone takes a huge interest in Dash right now. Could construct a pretty good thesaurus for malignant terms just on the 4-crow's last few posts alone.

"Lets see, the instamine flack didn't work so lets say it's about rewarding fat cats..."

"...no no, call it taxation, that'll be good, no-one will notice that the 'tax' is incoming rather than outgoing"

"...greed !, snake-oil, kill Dash !"

LoL !  Cheesy

Fcking sad bunch of clowns the lot of you.

I don't even know if you believe your own b.s. anymore. It's well seen your own interests are gathering dust.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:36:11 PM

Lets see, the instamine flack didn't work so lets say it's about rewarding fat cats...

The two are really one and the same. The coin has operated to reward founders and extreme early adopters from day one and every decision, action or "accident" since then* has support this.

* Including (but probably not limited to):

1. Misleading launch time statement, followed by early launch (insiders knew to be ready anyway)

2. Evan announces serious error after the launch (insiders could easily have gotten the fix earlier, giving an advantage of hundreds of thousands of coins; Evan certainly did have it before he released it)

3. Multiple bugs all cause too many coins to be created too fast; none cause too few coins to be created to slowly.

4. Evan announces instaminers get to keep not only high number of block rewards, but the erroneously-extra coins too

5. Total supply and mining rewards cut (retroactively increasing the instamine)

6. Masternode scheme with extremely high rewards paid to people who already own coins (and further cut to mining rewards, again retroactively increasing the instamine)

7. High minimum masternode coin requirement means small holders are left out entirely and medium holders can't earn compound interest like large holders can.

8. Voting scheme set up according to Evan, "by design" so that founders lose complete control only "eventually" (in reality it doesn't even do that)

You can claim that is all coincidence, accidents, or an unintentional consequence of some other decision, but no one outside of your little fan club and shilling society who is or becomes fully informed is buying it or ever going to buy it.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:38:59 PM

but no one outside of your little fan club and shilling society who is or becomes fully informed is buying it or ever going to buy it.

LoL ! Oh yes they are because otherwise you'd not be spending every other hour frantically monitoring these threads posting the same old crap you've been doing for the last year and a half.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:47:30 PM

but no one outside of your little fan club and shilling society who is or becomes fully informed is buying it or ever going to buy it.

LoL ! Oh yes they are because otherwise you'd not be spending every other hour frantically monitoring these threads posting the same old crap you've been doing for the last year and a half.

There is no evidence anything I've written has been effective nor that it has been ineffective. In reality, I enjoy calling out bullshit when I see it, so that's its own reward, and oh boy does Dash provide me with ample rewards.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:50:02 PM

Look at this.

Far from "no-one buying it" there are so many people "buying it" that the devteam now have a problem on their hands sifting through all the proposals and have to shift up a gear into introducing a load of new project management framework for everything. Nor are they sh*t proposals - they're good ones. The fact that there's any at all is about a mile in front of most offerings.

Also...

He's buying it.

She's buying it.

They're buying it.

He's buying it.

So please don't talk trash "nobody's buying it". You must've got confused with your own recycled atrophying agenda   Grin
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:54:16 PM

now have a problem on their hands sifting through all the proposals

LOL, yeah, you offer an opportunity to sign up to be paid money (often to shill Dash as in Daily Decrypt, Michael Terpin, and Juan S. Galt; who else?) and you're surprised that people are all over it.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:05:17 PM

LOL, yeah, you offer an opportunity to sign up to be paid money (often to shill Dash as in Daily Decrypt, Michael Terpin, and Juan S. Galt; who else?) and you're surprised that people are all over it.

Are you trying to be incoherent or does it just come naturally ?

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for the work they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

And you say your interested in ethics ?  Roll Eyes

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:06:45 PM

I'd trust any one of them a hundred times more than you Smooth, I don't see any of them hanging around some other coins thread spewing endless BS and FUD. See those guys in Toks third link? They're talking about a fundamental of economics, the creation and destruction of value within a community. That's something almost forgotten in todays screwed up economics and it's being implemented in Dash, WTF are you bringing to the table?

I would relax  Cool
Hi toknormal, ok I'll listen you  Smiley

... For example the two monetary researchers that wanted to use Dash as a basis for their Flow Money proposal flat out said it was the most advanced (monetarily) of all on offer. Max Keiser cited it as one of the 3 candidates for "the one" to 20 million viewers.

Who are this researchers? Do you have links? (Max Keiser too)
Thanks in advanced

I had to dig for it through the "General" sub-forum on dashtalk.org, but found it here:  https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-proof-of-labour.8108/  Unfortunately, it didn't pass, so it's not viewable at Dashwhale, but luckily you can find the link to the Dashwhale proposal page through the above link Smiley

It's very unfortunate that this didn't pass.

Dash evolution will support their idea... it's just going to be done differently. Evan style.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Proof_of_Labour
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMpUFjkIPHlczZ2NkI4OUdBcFU/view?pref=2&pli=1

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:15:09 PM

Not exactly I said I enjoy calling out bullshit.

Well here's someone who does it better than you  Wink
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:17:06 PM

Are you trying to be incoherent or does it just come naturally ?

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for what they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

And you say your interested in ethics ?  Roll Eyes

Look guys the game is up. The majority here  knows it was a scam. Dash will have to keep inventing and developing until such a time they create a time machine and then go back to 2013 and launch all over again. Until then all features are pointless and can not save dash.

This project can grow as large as it likes. It's foundations are based upon pure scam. That means it can topple at any time.
Never buy into or become involved with a scam however temping it may be. Lesson learned I hope guys. You'll be yoyo ing up and down from $2-$10 until eventually it either dies or evans is arrested and charged.

Why not look into other projects some are 0.0001 satoshi now. You have far better chance of making way more returns with a few new promising coins that are not scams.

Discuss your scams in the ann scam coin threads. The main board does not tolerate scams mentioned there without them clearly being labelled as the s word.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:43:00 PM

Don't forget everyone. Today myself, fernando and oaxaca will be interviewing Amanda B. Johnson, Host of The Daily Decrypt - We will be discussing a few things:
-DASH
-Libertarian ideas and her past activism
-The Free State Project
-How she came into cryptocurrencies
-Daily workflow/tools to keep up with so many projects
-Burr/Feinstein Proposed Anti Encryption Bill and more.

You can tune in LIVE in about 5 hours. A recording will be made available after the live show. I may be doing another give away during the show. You can tune in at the website link, http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep04/ - or you can tune in below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnckbAVvroI

Watching the recording now, youtube wouldn't load for the live one for some reason. Didn't realise you where up to 4 already, nice Smiley

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 01:03:20 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:45:47 AM by mprep

Good evening everyone.

This thread is becoming quite entertaining! The detractors have sensed the tide turning, and have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at us here. Lots of long winded posts, full of "half-truth, half-spin" that they have been allowed to get away with for two years. Damn, we are popular! You can arrive at your own conclusions why they are here day in and day out, it doesn't take much to figure it out.

I was especially entertained at the detractor's notions that we have no proof of anything. We have almost 20 pages of proof to back up our statements, where the detractors have not provided a single shred of evidence to prove their outrageous claims of the last two years.

We did make some progress today, with two newbie accounts coming out on the side of progress, optimism and decentralized technology. I appreciate you both voicing your views, hopefully you will not be the last. We also made progress with Busterzz, a podcast host who I consider a close personal friend, appearing here to promote his podcasts.

Do you like Amanda B. Johnson from The Daily Decrypt? Here is a great talk with her and the Dash Nation boys, I hope you enjoy:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-round-table-ep04-interview-with-daily-decrypt-amanda-b-johnson-1736214173.html

Once again, a huge thank you to the Dash Nation members appearing here and displaying the values that Dash represents.

To the patient readers of this thread, please don't be shy. We would love to hear from some more readers. Dash Nation is inclusive, professional and solely focused on creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

I invite you to join us.

We'll talk again tomorrow.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: