Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84775 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:10:00 PM

i never fall for Nigerian Prince.

Come on dude.  At least be original.

Don't you think it's a little rude to call someone a "Nigerian Prince" because of skin color?

I am American personally, and Nari is from Ghana.  This is a pretty disgusting response.  

I would hope that people will cease this tired line of ad-hominem attacks that is not only completely baseless, in 2016 it's ignorantly offensive.

I am about to finish my second Master's degree in cyber security for large scale organizations.  I have worked too hard to allow someone to hurl slander in my direction.

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:15:04 PM

I don't have any connection with them, I only installed a few Mikrotik accesspoints and they have a great range and are cheap compared to Cisco. They are not easy to setup though, but there's enough forum support for it.

One of the reasons that we chose to use CISCO in our estimates as the basis for the network is because of their reputation and reliability.  It would be possible to work with a new company, but in this scenario it adds a lot of risk at the benefit of cutting cost, which is one of the major mistakes that many corporations make when it comes to scaling.  We will definitely look into this option, but for a pilot it may be too risky.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:57:15 PM

Here is a Forbes article about Bitland and our partnership with Openledger/Bitshares that just recently came out:

Blockchain-based initiative in West Africa aims to stamp out corruption and is touting to “free up trillions of dollars” in locked capital for infrastructure development. It’s a bold stab by a bunch of tech pioneers from the US, Denmark, Ghana and further afield at fighting government corruption and empowering people through legal ownership.

Blockchain technology, which underpins Bitcoin and has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies, functions as a powerful decentralized ledger that records every transaction and stores information on a global network that cannot be interfered with. Not surprisingly a number of banks see blockchain technology as being ripe to be leveraged in areas including exchanges and remittances.

As such, the blockchain offers huge advantages in cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the “immutable nature of decentralized ledgers” according to one of the pioneers behind the new initiative, Ronny Boesing, CEO and founder of Danish cryptocurrency exchange CCEDK.

However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated. Still, the project from Bitland, a development platform embracing an educational initiative, aims to show the local population how the new technology can bring their country into the future. The mission itself has been outlined in a 22-page white paper.

“Bitland puts the human element back into the decentralization movement by bringing blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face,” says Boesing.

The organization reveals that its goal is to provide services that allow individuals and groups to survey land and record title deeds on the Bitland blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as a liaison with the government to help resolve disputes.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:06:52 PM

Here is a Forbes article about Bitland and our partnership with Openledger/Bitshares that just recently came out:

Blockchain-based initiative in West Africa aims to stamp out corruption and is touting to “free up trillions of dollars” in locked capital for infrastructure development. It’s a bold stab by a bunch of tech pioneers from the US, Denmark, Ghana and further afield at fighting government corruption and empowering people through legal ownership.

Blockchain technology, which underpins Bitcoin and has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies, functions as a powerful decentralized ledger that records every transaction and stores information on a global network that cannot be interfered with. Not surprisingly a number of banks see blockchain technology as being ripe to be leveraged in areas including exchanges and remittances.

As such, the blockchain offers huge advantages in cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the “immutable nature of decentralized ledgers” according to one of the pioneers behind the new initiative, Ronny Boesing, CEO and founder of Danish cryptocurrency exchange CCEDK.

However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated. Still, the project from Bitland, a development platform embracing an educational initiative, aims to show the local population how the new technology can bring their country into the future. The mission itself has been outlined in a 22-page white paper.

“Bitland puts the human element back into the decentralization movement by bringing blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face,” says Boesing.

The organization reveals that its goal is to provide services that allow individuals and groups to survey land and record title deeds on the Bitland blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as a liaison with the government to help resolve disputes.

That should be in the OP Smiley

I'll PM Joeri.
xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:37:43 PM

Problem is Marketing.. I want to invest but i dont see this getting many investors.

Most dont know or want to deal with Openledger . Too complicated for most.

The Design of the Logo and presentation is poor.

Its Africa.. Most people dont trust that area cuz many scams , mostly Nigera.

also FACTOM is already marketing this very successfully and their coin went from Top Coin to Zero.

Please feel free to disagree ..

If u sell for less on ICO thats would be better .. sell for 1 SAT that way investors can have the bottom price.

This coin will most likely dump value to less than .04 cents US. Just look at the markets . They are littered with valueless coins.

Nice Presentation. You should have put this on the page. It sold me..

http://www.bitland.world/2016-netexplo-bitland-presentation/

Pheonike

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:43:18 PM

Have you guys thought about working with Akon and his Africa Solar project?

http://akonlightingafrica.com/
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:15:37 PM

Problem is Marketing.. I want to invest but i dont see this getting many investors.

Well, let's get this baby on the road then!

It was pretty easy, maybe a how-to video can explain it a bit (haha) better.

I agree, the OP needs restyling but it doesn't change the project.

Africa is a big continent and has many countries, Nigeria is just one of those countries. It's like saying "I don't want to do business with Germany because I got scammed by someone from *fill in another country in Europe*. Africa is so big that a lot of other countries fit into it.

also FACTOM is already marketing this very successfully and their coin went from Top Coin to Zero.

Almost every coin is tumbling down now Bitcoin is going up in value. Factom is still ~500% up from initial ICO price and is doing just fine.

I do Grin

If u sell for less on ICO thats would be better .. sell for 1 SAT that way investors can have the bottom price.

At 1 Satoshi the ICO would raise about 0.21 BTC if all Cadastrals were sold.

This coin will most likely dump value to less than .04 cents US. Just look at the markets . They are littered with valueless coins.

A lot of them are valueless because they are... valueless clones of clones of clones...

Yeah, like it too Smiley
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:27:33 PM

I am a former Community Leader for Factom (Currently a Community Leader for Synereo).  They have a program that is not specifically designed for tracking land titles or doing surveys, so comparing this to Factom is like comparing SQL and Openmaps.  Factom is not prepared to handle the complexities of what goes along with registering titles, which is why the Bitland team has been working over the past couple years to make sure that the overall infrastructure is taken into account beyond the application.  Factom doesn't have a local infrastructure, and access to Factom would depend upon the local ISPs and government infrastructure, both of which are unreliable.  

So, I definitely have heard the comparison before, but my work with Factom has shown me where there is much more than an application layer that needs to be taken into account.  Further Factom depends upon first world infrastructure to work.

As far as our marketing and logo, those have been the areas where have put the least of our resources as to not only run lean, but up until now that is really extraneous to the actual work that has gone on with the LAP and locals in Ghana.  I understand that there is a certain expectation of how things "should" look, but please understand that we have all been operating out of pocket for the last two years, and have put a lot of money personally into getting this project off the ground.  It's not haphazard, but like I said "marketing" and the "logo" have literally been the least on our priorities for the last few years.  

Cheers!

Chris

xboxsold

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:27:52 PM

The question were not for me .. for the General Public .. I already have a wallet . with many coins inside ..  Its not hard or expensive to get good graphics Fiverr  $5 logo would help.. If a coin has a bad ICO or launch then there is not much possibilities thats marketing will improve after the fact .. Less people means less buyers to sell to means less likely for profits after the ICO.. Investment to retur ratio .. Remember everyone coming to a ICO is not aware of any details unless u give them.. You have great DEVS.. Great VIDEO .. Great Project .. But if u sell it poorly then its all for nothing.. I would have hired a HTML programmer to do tha page .. and a graphic artist to do more graphics .. This launch was not thought out properly.. Its too bad..
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:32:21 PM

The question were not for me .. for the General Public .. I already have a wallet . with many coins inside ..  Its not hard or expensive to get good graphics Fiverr  $5 logo would help.. If a coin has a bad ICO or launch then there is not much possibilities thats marketing will improve after the fact .. Less people means less buyers to sell to means less likely for profits after the ICO.. Investment to retur ratio .. Remember everyone coming to a ICO is not aware of any details unless u give them.. You have great DEVS.. Great VIDEO .. Great Project .. But if u sell it poorly then its all for nothing.. I would have hired a HTML programmer to do tha page .. and a graphic artist to do more graphics .. This launch was not thought out properly.. Its too bad..

Many people will come in and say all of the things that we should have done,  or how things should be changed.  Many will offer criticism, but very few will offer help.  So, while I completely understand your criticisms, and not necessarily disagreeing with them, I think it's very easy to come in and criticize our web design, and use it to dismiss everything else we've accomplished. 

Like I said, I am not necessarily disagreeing with you on what you are saying, but there is a lot going on that we can't really discuss which would explain why we are doing things the way we are. 

I will say it like this:

No matter what we would have presented initially, someone would have found something "wrong" with it, or our approach.

Everything gets a complete makeover at some point, as will our website, logo and everything.

It's not a matter of "if". 

Cheers!

Chris

xboxsold

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:33:49 PM

He is not referring to it in a racial way .. Remember all the SCAM EMAILS "form nigeria about a wealthy prince story died or whatever and u can get the 5 million dollars if u send me the tax money first"

Thinks before u react to a post .. you took it the WRONG WAY .. or at least the way u expected to take it .. you way to sensitive ..

ALso

Im not here to take u down .. Im here to offer my view as a customer.. Constructive HELPFUL Criticism..

It like going to a Restaurant with Bad Food and the Owner Defending his Bad Food .. Customers will just not come back no matter how u defend it .. Simple
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:36:24 PM

He is not referring to it in a racial way .. Remember all the SCAM EMAILS "form nigeria about a wealthy prince story died or whatever and u can get the 5 million dollars if u send me the tax money first"

Thinks before u react to a post .. you took it the WRONG WAY .. or at least the way u expected to take it .. you way to sensitive ..

No, I'm not too sensitive at all.  It's just a tired ad-hominem attack.  If I were too sensitive, I would engage in a flame war.  I am 33 years old, and with the things I have done I believe it's an unacceptable insult that is borderline slander.  

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:47:01 PM

Im not here to take u down .. Im here to offer my view as a customer.. Constructive HELPFUL Criticism..

It like going to a Restaurant with Bad Food and the Owner Defending his Bad Food .. Customers will just not come back no matter how u defend it .. Simple

No, I completely understand where you're coming from. 

I'm not defending anything, but explaining where I am coming from.  If I can't explain our side without being looked at at "defensive", then I am not sure how I can explain our current situation.  We were looking at new proofs for a logo earlier today, but just not rushing to decide.  Like I said, I am not disagreeing with your criticisms.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:49:35 PM

I agree, the OP needs restyling but it doesn't change the project.

EVERYTHING is getting restyled, not just the OP.  It has been discussed thoroughly.  Joeri, the person who originally posted this can say that these exact things have in fact been discussed before they came up in the thread.

Cheers!

Chris

johnnysof

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:50:44 PM

Hi, I also would like also to show my positive impression on this project. Very original and hopefully helpful for the country (and not only Smiley
By the way, is there a page, where we could see how the ICO goes (e.g. how many Cadastrals were sold already, what is the current price, you mentioned in a previous post there is phase 1 and 2, and so on). I think it would be good if after someone sends the BTC to the escrow there is place to check if they were received properly and get some kind of proof of investment.

Keep the good work!
memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:58:08 PM

I did google and found something strange about the founder. Grin

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:08:24 PM

I did google and found something strange about the founder. Grin

At first it looks like you found something.

But when you do the search yourself and click the links, you end up with people working with Bitland or Factom.

The second result shows me another picture though, but working with Factom:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yesconnie

Working with Bitland:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-mclaughlin-4897b84a

Working with Bitland:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/elliot-hedman-99a736a7

So seems like Google is giving strange results, based on those connections.
Nothing suspicious here.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:15:32 PM

I have worked with Vanbex team members on multiple projects doing PR work, so I am not surprised to see someone from Vanbex pop up as a connection on LinkedIn.  There were a ton of people that helped out with Factom, and Vanbex was definitely a part of that.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:47:21 PM

Hi, I also would like also to show my positive impression on this project. Very original and hopefully helpful for the country (and not only Smiley
By the way, is there a page, where we could see how the ICO goes (e.g. how many Cadastrals were sold already, what is the current price, you mentioned in a previous post there is phase 1 and 2, and so on). I think it would be good if after someone sends the BTC to the escrow there is place to check if they were received properly and get some kind of proof of investment.

Keep the good work!

Thanks for the kind words!  You can check the escrow account here:  http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

All of the funds and transactions will be visible at that link.

Here is the page that gives a step-by-step how to purchase, and also the details of the phases:

http://www.bitland.world/how-to-purchase-cadastrals/

Cheers!

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:48:32 PM

Whats the timeframe for phase 1 and for phase 2?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: