Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:16:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84764 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:50:26 PM

Whats the timeframe for phase 1 and for phase 2?

Phase 1 ends either May 1st or when 1,000 Bitcoin worth (first 10 million) are sold.  Phase 2 ends June 1st or when 4,000 Bitcoin worth are sold (10 million at 30,000 satoshi = 3,000 bitcoin + phase 1 1,000= 4,000 total).

One million are being held by escrow to be sold post ICO to build the token's support reserve.  Those 1 million will be put on the market above 30,000 Satoshi.  The reserve will support the token on the market and the infrastructure necessary to keep the token going long term.  We plan to implement Openledger's voting system to allow community decided projects using the reserve, but that is farther down the line.

Cheers!

Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:52:06 PM

I have worked with Vanbex team members on multiple projects doing PR work, so I am not surprised to see someone from Vanbex pop up as a connection on LinkedIn.  There were a ton of people that helped out with Factom, and Vanbex was definitely a part of that.

Cheers!

Chris

Next time u decide to do this put more effort into the Presentation .. or just dont do it .. This will fail as it should..

Consider a launch like other successful ICO in the past .. Just copy their ICO .. If it worked for them it will work for you ..

Embed your Youtube Presentation not just a link

Use proper Graphics .. format your pages properly .. Use good HTML templates ..

Give as much info on the Principals

Use a exchange that is known like Poloniex  nobody will trust https://www.ccedk.com/

Have a block explorer to show u have a working coin ..

Have a proper Vault with COinbase set up with multi-Sig

Without this u will fail to get anyone to throw any BTC at this ...

If this is important to u then u will put some effort into it ..

Anyone can do what u have done here in 1 day .. People arent that stupid .. Most assume u are a scam its your job to make it at least look real .. whether it is or not ..
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:52:15 PM

And what about bounties? Sig campaigns or anything??
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:56:55 PM

And what about bounties? Sig campaigns or anything??

There will be a Proof of Action campaign soon, which will follow the revamp. 

Consider this a soft launch.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

Anyone can do what u have done here in 1 day .. People arent that stupid .. Most assume u are a scam its your job to make it at least look real .. whether it is or not ..

What we have done over the past couple years has nothing to do with website design.  I think it would be very easy to steal someone's format and copy their ICO presentation, but we would get flack for that too Wink

If you think we haven't tried to contact Poloniex or Bittrex, I understand why you would think we're rookies or something.

My post count here does not represent my participation in crypto-currency accurately.

Please, be patient.

Or you don't have to, it's your choice.  Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

Joerii (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:59:58 PM

Chris Bates' presentation at NetExplo.
Bitland won the Netexplo Award 2016!

click the image to watch the video!

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
xboxsold

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:08:51 PM

Chris Bates' presentation at NetExplo.
Bitland won the Netexplo Award 2016!

This is what i mean about proper HTML .. You page should have been formatted as such from the start..

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21728.msg282917.html#msg282917

Whats this about a email attack ..
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:16:54 PM

Whats this about a email attack ..

That's a warning about fishing emails someone send out that look like they're from OpenLedger. Thanks for reposting the warning.

xboxsold

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:31:34 PM

Something is not so clear but i think i know the answer by reading  .. Do you have a coin out now or not??? Do you have a Blockchain ?? do u have proof of escrow if your goals are not met will u refund ?? There is nothing clear about any of this ..

By the way when i say copy a successful lunch i dont mean literally .. i ment offert what they offer .. good info from the start not scattered in posts all over the place..

Apparently you have raised 10BTC so far .. Dont look good for 1000 does it..
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:44:27 PM

Something is not so clear but i think i know the answer by reading  .. Do you have a coin out now or not??? Do you have a Blockchain ?? do u have proof of escrow if your goals are not met will u refund ?? There is nothing clear about any of this ..

By the way when i say copy a successful lunch i dont mean literally .. i ment offert what they offer .. good info from the start not scattered in posts all over the place..

The escrow account is here as I posted earlier:

http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

Cadastral Blockchain is here:

http://cryptofresh.com/a/CADASTRAL

As far as getting to 1000 Bitcoin, it only takes one big investor to reach that. 

Our information is on our website, as that has been our center of information, not Bitcointalk.  We have a ton of articles out about Bitland right now, and would be impossible to repost them all.

I mean, there was an article posted yesterday on 8btc about Bitland.

http://www.8btc.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative

If goals are not met, the token will continue to be held in escrow and sold at a price above Phase 2 price that has not yet been set. 

To put this in context, Bitland is going for a government contract to get through years 2-4.  If year 1 is successful, the funding of development will shift to government contracts.  In this regard, the profits that come from those contracts have been outlined in the White Paper to take 20% of ALL profits and put them directly towards support of the Cadastrals and the infrastructure.

We are only trying to get 4,000 in the ICO so that we can get government contracts for much more to get to the full scope of development.

I believe if you read the White Paper, you'll see that the scope of this project goes well beyond an application, or anything that has really been attempted in the digital currency arena.  This is about bringing transparency to government, and actually implementing blockchain solutions.  You have to be able to show a government that something works on a small scale before they will adopt it nationwide.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:50:20 PM

To put that into perspective:

If Bitland secures a 20 Million dollar government contract, 4 million of that will go towards reserve/token support.  

That reserve will be subject to the vote of community decision on what to do with it in the future, as Openledger is building in a voting system that will allow DAO operations based on whatever the community decides.  The future voting system is part of why we decided to team with Openledger/Bitshares/CCEDK.

To be quite honest, based on the potential associated with unlocking land capital, we could easily raise 40,000 bitcoin, but we want the pilot to be done as lean as possible to show that we can do it lean.  In that regard, once we can show the government and the locals that a solar-powered wi-fi network can be implemented, and the resulting capacity to monitor land transactions, it will be a matter of the packaged solution being sold to governments with developing areas.  90% of Africa is undocumented.  Half of the world's arable land is within that 90% of undocumented land.  One company won't be able to do it all, so realistically the room for growth is just too dramatic to really understand without watching something like the 15 minute presentation that Joeri posted earlier. 

When you see the grand scale, it's pretty phenomenal.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 08:04:00 PM

I met Minter Dial when I went to Paris to present Bitland at the Netexplo Awards.  He has a podcast and I was fortunate to have been asked on as a guest.  It's about 45 minutes long, but it's a pretty good explanation of what Bitland is trying to do with the grand scope, and it's much easier to hear on a podcast than see in text.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 10:25:35 PM

in 2014, I wrote an 8 part series comparing the early stages of the crypto-rush to the Gold Rush.

You can see links to all of them on my Academia page, as the original articles were published on The Coin Front.

I will post the last part here, as that to me represents a relevant work that attempted to forecast how digital currency would evolve from the perspective of 2014.  I will let you all be the judge of how accurate you believe it to be Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

From September 7, 2014:

Proto-Dynamism: Death Of The Middle Man

“In very few instances do people really know what they want, even when they say they do.”

While that quote may sound familiar, it is not the infamous quote by Steve Jobs often referenced to allude to the “product first, customer input second” attitude that is a major problem with the profiteering approach to trade.

As the eighth and final part of a series covering the American economy from The Gold Rush to the Crypto Rush, the freedom to expound on the historical trends and postulate on potential scenarios inherently has limitless potential, and simultaneously has the bias of the author as an inescapable lens through which events will be forecast.

In this case, an attempt to remain completely objective about events which have not yet occurred will be an exercise in futility, so we will focus on utopian outcomes with the acknowledgement that the author has a positive outlook for things to come.

The Middle Man
As the articles analyzed historic trends to try and draw parallels to modern times, one of the elements that can be demonstrably proven as a common characteristic of both eras is the prevalence of the “middle man”, which is defined as:

A trader who buys from producers and sells to retailers or consumers.

Historically, an intermediary was a way to either establish a third party trust system, and a way to generate income for a person or company with exclusive access to products or goods. While this system on its own works well, in tandem with the unpredictability of human behavior and greed, the process of using intermediaries between a user and a product has caused tremendous drains on the global economy.

One of the paragons of Keynesian theory, the Nike Corporation have repeatedly disregarded ethics in the name of profit.

While it is well known that Nike continues to use sweatshops to get products at the lowest possible cost to turn around and sell them at the highest possible returns, their lack of ethics does not seem to bother their customer base. This would seem to fly in the face of all things rational, but it’s the nature of the market. As many capitalism purists defend these practices in the name of the free market, those who study thermo-economics look at the practices of companies like Nike as a problem beyond ethics.

As the middle man continually drains capital, energy, and trust from an economy, they have the potential to bring entire systems to a screeching halt. Unfortunately, many executives who understand nothing but the principle of buy low, sell high do not understand long term planning or conservation of energy. Whether real estate bubbles, stock market bubbles, or Dutch Tulip bubbles, the “buy low, sell high” intermediaries have repeatedly entered markets and drained them of their economic energy just to move on to do the same to a new market.

Squeezing Out The Middle Man
As the cycle has repeated many times throughout history, consumers are finally getting access to new ways to avoid the middle man.

One of the biggest and best examples in recent history was when “Napster” was created to allow person to person file transfers, and thus began the downfall of the entire music distribution industry. While the fight against person to person file sharing was initially led by Lars Ulrich of Metallica, other musicians came out in favor of file sharing, and the band Radiohead even went on to release an album that allowed users to download an album for free or donate. Many years later, the effect of P2P file sharing on the “middle men” of music distribution is undeniable, as the record industry lost half of its sales over a decade.

What can be gleaned from the Napster phenomenon is that when centralized institutions face person to person alternatives, the centralized institution is usually made to look like the worse option. As central banks and credit card companies scramble to understand cryptocurrency and how they can try to control it, major developments in the decentralization of currency transfer have been happening.

As central banks rely more and more on government bailouts to exude their control over the commerce of “Keynesian-based” economies, governments that used the middle man approach are running out of funds as well, and cannot perpetuate the shell game. This is not only a good thing for consumers, it is the perfect storm of centralized debt and consumer lack of trust for centralization.

The consumers that have been exploited and drained of their economic energy by the centralized banking systems will not likely stay with these centuries old feudal systems when faced with a viable and accessible option. If capital is able to freely flow around the centralized systems, they will eventually have no capital to perpetuate themselves, as they fundamentally have no concept of producing anything valuable for society.

The Birth Of The Proto-Dynamo
With the advent of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), the entire process of turning an idea into a tangible item gets taken out of the hands of corporations, and the development becomes an intimate exchange between the crowd and the actual developers. When an idea is presented to the crowd, the ideas that the crowd deems fit get funded.

Kickstarter is one of the most well-known crowd funding sources for start-up projects; but as cryptocurrency takes off teams like Mastercoin, Swarm, and Counterparty have created systems that allow crowd-funding to take on the direct route cutting out the middle man. As these systems are improved upon to create “trustless” infrastructures where there are safeguards to prevent exploitation within a trade, viable options to centralized banking are closer to reality.

If one looks at the Crypto Rush objectively, there have been more technological developments within the past six months than there were for the previous three years. This is perfectly in line with the technology associated with the gold rush, as the first miners were able to easily make money with pick-axes and panhandling, but as the gold became scarce, hydraulic drills and tech more advanced tech became necessary to mine the ore.

Just the same with the influx of pyrite or “fool’s gold” following the gold rush, the “fool’s alts” have made an entire community jaded to the point of throwing out the word “scam” as if it were a common salutation. In the wild west of Cryptoland, the harsh realities of economic Darwinism coupled with the fantastic possibilities of thermo-economics have created a machine which I will call a “proto-dynamo”.

It is important to establish the “Proto-dynamo” as concept that represents an entirely new paradigm of economic infrastructure. The concept alludes to the “dynamo” which is a machine that uses opposing magnetic forces to efficiently produce/convert energy. The principle behind the dynamo is to use opposing forces within the same machine to get a consolidated output of energy. If the new paradigm of “protodynamism” can be represented by an electrical generator, the old paradigm of Keynesian theory can be represented by a meat grinder in which ten pounds of product goes in one side, and six ounces of tasteless sausage comes out the funnel possibly tainted with formaldehyde or some random pesticide that is unpronounceable.

Since this article is not simply meant to take cheap shots at Keynesian theory, we will continue to delve into the necessity of Proto-dynamism. As Marshall McLuhan predicted with his “global village” theory, the growth of mass media has quickly made information extremely accessible to the average individual. In tandem with an infrastructure that allows crowd-funding to bring ideas to fruition as fast as possible, progress of technology that is useful to society will be able to hit the most efficient point that has ever been recorded.

The Arab Spring has been an actual revolution fueled by technology and information sharing that would not have been possible without the ability to quickly share strings of 140 characters. With the ability to share information comes the ability to have shared experiences. What have been forecasted as digital tribes by Mcluhan are the logical extensions of a globe trying to break free of the archaic and imperialist paradigm of nation-states.

On one hand, the homogenization of the public forum allows a space for shared experience which can facilitate empathy. On the other hand, a globalized forum necessitates the coexistence of potentially opposed ideologies.

All that said, the perfect storm of a populace that has little trust for centralized authority and a newfound opportunity for decentralized systems is upon us. It is impossible to know what tomorrow brings, but if we look at history, we have likely the smartest generation of humans with the most access to capital and information. From where I am sitting, the future looks pretty awesome.

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:06:38 PM

The escrow account is here as I posted earlier:

http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

Cadastral Blockchain is here:

http://cryptofresh.com/a/CADASTRAL

As far as getting to 1000 Bitcoin, it only takes one big investor to reach that.  

Our information is on our website, as that has been our center of information, not Bitcointalk.  We have a ton of articles out about Bitland right now, and would be impossible to repost them all.

I mean, there was an article posted yesterday on 8btc about Bitland.

http://www.8btc.com/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative

If goals are not met, the token will continue to be held in escrow and sold at a price above Phase 2 price that has not yet been set.  

To put this in context, Bitland is going for a government contract to get through years 2-4.  If year 1 is successful, the funding of development will shift to government contracts.  In this regard, the profits that come from those contracts have been outlined in the White Paper to take 20% of ALL profits and put them directly towards support of the Cadastrals and the infrastructure.

We are only trying to get 4,000 in the ICO so that we can get government contracts for much more to get to the full scope of development.

I believe if you read the White Paper, you'll see that the scope of this project goes well beyond an application, or anything that has really been attempted in the digital currency arena.  This is about bringing transparency to government, and actually implementing blockchain solutions.  You have to be able to show a government that something works on a small scale before they will adopt it nationwide.

Cheers!

Chris

xboxsold has asked some good questions on the forum here but applying the same logic across the board ultimately leads to a fallacious argument at this point. This project is indeed very different from other ICOs we have seen and it is realistic to believe that it may not get the largest support from those in this forum. However, an Angel investor or two is exactly what I think you guys may be able to draw in for the financial support you need to get it off the ground. Because this project is more likely to be carried by major media outlets (due to its altruistic nature), it is a matter of time before some deep pockets take notice. Have you guys thought about reaching out to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:35:52 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 12:04:44 AM by tabali tigi

xboxsold has asked some good questions on the forum here but applying the same logic across the board ultimately leads to a fallacious argument at this point. This project is indeed very different from other ICOs we have seen and it is realistic to believe that it may not get the largest support from those in this forum. However, an Angel investor or two is exactly what I think you guys may be able to draw in for the financial support you need to get it off the ground. Because this project is more likely to be carried by major media outlets (due to its altruistic nature), it is a matter of time before some deep pockets take notice. Have you guys thought about reaching out to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?

Oh yes, absolutely!  There are a lot of things going on that can't really be discussed openly or put into literature until it has happened or has a contract.

After Bitland was picked up on Forbes.com Investing Section, it's only a matter of time before an Angel Investor sees it really.  I hope other major outlets continue the momentum!

And I agree that this may not be the forum that will provide us with a ton of support, but in 2016 you can't do anything in crypto without posting a thread here.

Cheers!

Chris

kame

Activity: 324

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:48:59 AM

Hi I'll be watching innovation rising from great Africa Wink keep up!!

Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 02:55:36 PM

Here's our new tutorial video that shows how you can fund your OpenLeder account with Bitcoin. That's a step you need to take before you can buy Cadastrals ( Bitland's token )

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:31:28 PM

You guys need to have that hype factor.Maybe today great technology is not enough,learn some PR.Look how Lisk and Waves are doin.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 07:19:04 PM

You guys need to have that hype factor.Maybe today great technology is not enough,learn some PR.Look how Lisk and Waves are doin.

We are working on it, and honestly I know where you're coming from as an observer.

You all must understand that PR and marketing has been 80% of the cost of non-profits, and why they have been wasting a ton of money.  We have been putting all of our resources towards everything except PR and marketing up until now, and are in the middle of a planned image overhaul.  

Look at Phase 1 as the soft launch for people who can see past the 2013 style web design.  

Phase 2, that website won't look anything the same.

Or for example, it might take 3-4 weeks to get a professional quality video done. 

PR is undeniably important.

We're not taking this lightly.

However, also keep in mind that we haven't ramped it up and we've managed to make it into Forbes.com investing section and win a Netexplo world Innovation award for the initiative.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2016/04/05/bitlands-african-blockchain-initiative-putting-land-on-the-ledger/#48d826211029
https://www.netexplo.org/en/intelligence/innovation/bitland

So...

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 07:48:24 PM

PR in non-profit ventures has been a major issue. Since the foundation for the Bitland project must be unbiased and work for the benefit of the people and the government (without putting the government interests above the people's), it is an NGO entity.  The enterprise organization of Bitland Global will be developing the software that gets licensed to other governments.

Bitland NGO's will be the local organizations for each country, so right now if you've seen on Twitter there is "Bitland Ghana".

What they are doing is operating on the ground there, going around making B2B contacts with commercial property owners, investors, agriculture representatives, and the mining unions.

So, for example there is a major problem with illegal mining in Ghana, so if we can get more of the legal miners signing through Bitland to have smart contracts securing their operations; having the government oversight will THEN allow contracts between investors and development contractors.  ROIs can be guaranteed in the contracts legally, because there will be government oversight on that part of the infrastructure.

Partnering with Openledger was a great short term benefit, because we will be able to implement their future voting structure to allow the community to have an immutable and observable say in operations.

We're not trying to go beyond our need for the pilot, which is why we have set our limit for the ICO.  Once we get through the pilot project, governments will be the ones funding development, and the original people who got in on Cadastrals will understand the long term benefit then.

What I was referring to earlier with Non-profits spending most of their funds on advertising comes from examples like this:

"More than half of the organizations treat less than 15 percent of their advertising as overhead. For those organizations, if advertising were their only expense, their program spending ratios would be greater than 85 percent—an excellent figure by any standard. Once again, this phenomenon is not unique to the largest charities. The example of the Wounded Warrior Project is instructive. Among its over $49 million in advertising and promotional expenses, only 1 percent is treated as overhead; the rest is considered program spending. That is, advertising expenses are actually what boosts their program spending ratio above 80 percent. This is hardly a circumstance of overhead ratios forcing a nonprofit to cut advertising."

I hope this gives some insight as to why we are just NOW shifting resources to PR.

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: