Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84775 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 07:46:10 PM

This reminds me of URO. Reading the ANN I get the same distinguished feeling that someone is trying to scam the shit out of people.

As I am about to finish my second Master's degree I find it hard to understand how someone doesn't simply try to back-trace my information or something.

It would be VERY easy to confirm whether I went to Indiana University, got two degrees from there, or have accomplished anything remotely noteworthy.

Random fact about me:

I am in every Moe's Southwestern Grill as wall art.

While I understand the hesitance for people to look at ONLY the ANN and pass judgement, my face is LITERALLY all over North America.

If you have a Moe's Southwestern Grill in your area, you can go in there and look around to see the same "Chris Bates" from Bloomington, Indiana on the walls, and it will in fact be the exact same person as the "Larry Christopher Bates" in the ANN, because that is "me".

https://moessouthwestgrill.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/moe%E2%80%99s-announces-winners-of-the-dead-ringer-contest/

Also, if anyone would like to Skype, my name on there is "Larry.Christopher.Bates".

A video chat can go a long way to let someone know that I am a "real" person, and if you ask me questions on the spot, my ability to answer without Google might persuade you that I've got some great intentions with some major goals.

When you're trying to do something game changing, I understand the skepticism.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 07:52:41 PM

I worked in the fMRI laboratory at Indiana University as a lab technician.  THAT is where I learned how to code a while back.  I co-authored a published study as an undergrad, which you can find here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2577936/

While I was finishing my first Master's degree, I applied my coding knowledge to create generative music systems that would create new music based on computer input.  I have worked in all kinds of fields, and currently I have been working in digital currency for the past 3 years to various effects.

I am currently editing a White Paper that I wrote for Synereo, and am about to write a second White Paper for that team. 

If you want to find out if I am real or not, it would be VERY easy to do so Smiley

I hope this gives some insight as to my experience, as I won't go into everything, but if you want to find everything, it's there.

Here is an award-winning Medical Action Game I worked on back in like 2009:

http://www.medicalactiongames.com/bodyguard/

Here is an augmented reality educational gaming company I worked for from 2009-2013

http://www.edutainmentsystems.com/

I try to stay busy, and on the bleeding edge if possible

Cheers!

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

Why you guys dont want to have signature campaigns? Hey Chris, if I wear a signature like that Magnet guy can I have couple of cadastral after it goes live?
Bradedwards

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:06:19 PM

Hey guys, I used to be the editor for The CoinFront. Chris Bates did some writing work for me back then, and has also worked for me since then in other business ventures.

It seems like there's some questioning of his identity - just wanted to put in my two cents and vouch for him.

For what it's worth he's a great guy, talented and passionate about what he does. I have a lot of confidence in any project he gets behind.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:09:08 PM

Why you guys dont want to have signature campaigns? Hey Chris, if I wear a signature like that Magnet guy can I have couple of cadastral after it goes live?

If you make your own new one, I will give you 100 Cads personally.

If you wear the one he made, I will give you 25.

Chris

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:11:47 PM

Put something like this in your signature Smiley

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1434155.0][size=16pt][color=orange]Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry[/color] - get your Cadastrals at the Initial Crowd Offering! ** CLICK **
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:15:20 PM

Nice project! I also invested some BTC in it Smiley Good luck!
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:23:42 PM

Nice project! I also invested some BTC in it Smiley Good luck!

Thank you for your support! 

Cheers!

Chris

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 05:36:13 AM

Only 2 more weeks of cheap Cadastrals left, after that, price is up 300%
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:20:15 AM

I have a question. I know that Stellar is also doing a lot of financial infrastructure in africa. I'm asian dude, so can you guys explain how Stellar is doing atm and how you guys are gonna be creating synergy with them and stuff like dat. Thnx

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:11:45 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 10:56:14 AM by tuvok007

I just did,tnx. Just that "click" word I dont like,can you make a few other sigs?And also I think that smaller signatures like bogdanco and tabali tigi has are more elegant that the large ones.

Ok Chris thats 25 Cads for me,will remind you after the ico ends. Grin

I have a question. I know that Stellar is also doing a lot of financial infrastructure in africa. I'm asian dude, so can you guys explain how Stellar is doing atm and how you guys are gonna be creating synergy with them and stuff like dat. Thnx

Yeah,thats a good question!
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:38:13 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 09:08:15 AM by ArpFlush

Tempting project. Hm, can we buy land with our CADS?  Smiley

The goal is not that people will be "buying" the land, but holders of Cadastrals will be entering development contracts with locals that are backed by the government and registered on a blockchain.  The goal is to have a method of micro-lending, and also the natural mortgage lending and equity system that comes with having registered land titles, as credit in Ghana and most of Africa is impossible due to not having an "address" to legally hold someone responsible to.  

In addition, the problem with selling land to foreigners is that in the past, governments will displace large groups of people in order to open up land, and then "sell it" to investors after they essentially just stole it.  In order to prevent this type of displacement, the idea is that foreign investors would be able to invest in development, get an agreed upon ROI with the party issuing the contract, and that way the locals can still live on their land, benefit from the development, and their local economy will grow due to the new influx of capital and resources.  The investors get their ROI with government oversight and transparency through the blockchain.

So it is about more than "buying land".  It is about making sure that the development is fair, free of corruption, and the long term solution is reducing the violent conflicts while simultaneously developing the country.  This way development doesn't become a matter of "charity", and investors can actually help developing countries accelerate through the process, be guaranteed to see their return, and make something tangible.

I hope this gives more insight into what the goal of Cadastrals is.

Cheers!

Chris

Thanks Chris, but isn't there a chance that gov's won't accept this solution as they can't steal/sell land anymore?
Anyway, I invested a little bit and I hope this project gets noticed by some bigger investors too  Wink

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
BogdanCo

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:40:53 AM

I just did,tnx. Just that "click" word I dont like,can you make a few other sigs?And also I think that smaller signatures like bogdanco and tabali tigi has are more elegant that the large ones.

Yeah,thats a good question!

I think it depends on the "status" of users. For example I'm "full member" and you are "sr. member". Also "hero" has the same big signature.
tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:14:14 PM

Nope,we are both full members.Can you post your signature code so I can copy it to my profile? Big signatures looks somehow cheap to me and the small ones can be more elegant. Why not the prize for someone who designs perfect sig?

edit: omg I just noticed that I am senior member, wtf? few days ago I was just full member.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 12:52:11 PM

=
Thanks Chris, but isn't there a chance that gov's won't accept this solution as they can't steal/sell land anymore?
Anyway, I invested a little bit and I hope this project gets noticed by some bigger investors too  Wink

No, the entire pilot has the oversight of the Land Administration Project.  The only way this can work is with government oversight/cooperation.

The government is in the middle of transition, and the political parties in Ghana are not sure who will win the election.  We are working with both sides so that in case the government transitions to a different party, the pilot doesn't have to be reset.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 12:54:41 PM

Honestly this is the first I am hearing of "Stellar" or them having to do with anything in Africa.  The situation across Africa is not homogeneous.  While remittance is an issue almost everywhere, the nuances that afflict each country end up being very different, so I am not sure exactly what Stellar is working on, but I am sure they have a specific problem that they need to focus on.  We are in talks with a few different operations to join forces, and while Stellar isn't one of them they may be an organization that would be worth looking into working with.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 01:11:38 PM

Deal Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

BogdanCo

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:25:21 PM

Deal Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

Only he gets 25 Cads? Tongue
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 01:27:55 PM

Deal Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

Only he gets 25 Cads? Tongue

Okay, to keep it fair, the next 100 people who switch their sigs to the Bitland ICO, I will send you all 25 Cads out of my pocket.

Once you have switched the sig, please message me on the forum.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 01:29:35 PM

Here is some more information on the Land Administration Project:

The objective of the Restructuring of the Land Administration Project for Ghana is to undertake land policy and institutional reforms and key land administration pilots for laying the foundation for a sustainable decentralized land administration system that is fair, efficient, cost effective, and ensures land tenure security. This phase of the program will focus on the effective implementation of the policy and institutional reform agenda in the sector, whilst carrying out some pilots in connection with, inter alia, decentralization of deeds registration, systematic titling, demarcating allodial boundaries, reducing backlog of land disputes, alternative dispute resolution, community based land use planning and management, development of a computerized land information system, establishment/strengthening of customary land secretariats, inventory of state acquired and occupied lands, revaluation of district assemblies' properties, and establishing geodetic reference points.**

The World Bank has set aside something like $350 million to fund projects like this.  They have to get through pilot phases in order to get the major funding, so "Bitland" is in the pilot phase.

The way we have set up the infrastructure, any major contracts that the Bitland team secures will directly benefit the Cadastral community.

Ghana is not the only government that we are currently in talks with, but that will be a press release when the time is proper.

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: