Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:03:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84773 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 02:17:07 PM

Nice to see progress!

Can you clarify what is the role of Cadastral after you have launched the first operation centers? Do people have purchase them before they can register their land?

No, Cadastral will serve as the blockchain on which records will be attached.  The individuals will not have to pay for registration beyond what the normal fees incurred through Ghana government are.  Effectively the government will purchase the Cadastrals, and the individuals will pay whatever fees the government normally charges.  In the mean time, the registry will start to become consolidated onto the Cadastral Blockchain.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 03:05:33 PM

Talked to the landlord today.  It is a pretty interesting experience, as he does not speak English and only speaks Twi, so we had to have his son moderate.  It is amazing to be on the verge of securing the first center, and I sincerely appreciate everyone who has participated so far!  I look forward to making this happen many times over.

Cheers!

Chris

Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:15:20 PM

When can I expect my cadastrals from winning the twitter contest to come through?

I am holding out on sending out PoA tokens until market stabilizes to prevent people from dumping the token. 

The unfortunate side effect of the "giveaways" that people want is that it incentivizes dumping the token.  So in the first week of the market release, I am holding the "free" tokens to be released once there is enough by support to not let the token be dumped to oblivion.

Does this make sense?

Chris

Makes sense. Yeah no worries. Just doing some accounting.

The amount of coins used in PoA is very small comparing to the total amount of coins. Therefor those can hardly dumb the coin to oblivion.

At least you should tell when you are planning to send them.

So its been about 2 weeks since I first asked about the twitter giveaway tokens, I get you want the market to "stabilize", but yeah this is market manipulation even if you are not trying to... you need to release those tokens sir.

So, when can I expect to see my tokens? I am not planning on selling them, but you have to understand IOU's in crypto land mean jackshit... I would rather put my hopes and prayers behind a "token" of some sort....

Please Respond and provide a firm date when I will see my giveaway tokens , Thanks  Grin Grin Grin
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 03:20:55 PM

So its been about 2 weeks since I first asked about the twitter giveaway tokens, I get you want the market to "stabilize", but yeah this is market manipulation even if you are not trying to... you need to release those tokens sir.

So, when can I expect to see my tokens? I am not planning on selling them, but you have to understand IOU's in crypto land mean jackshit... I would rather put my hopes and prayers behind a "token" of some sort....

Please Respond and provide a firm date when I will see my giveaway tokens , Thanks  Grin Grin Grin

Yes it was absolutely an attempt at preventing NEGATIVE market manipulation.  All actions on the market qualify as "manipulation".  All "manipulation" is not equal or negative.  Whatever you choose to do with your tokens will be manipulation.  Also, you won those tokens for nothing.  It's not an "IOU", it was a gift.

You purchased tokens, and this increased your holdings by 25% Smiley 

Now, other people might have received them for free and just dumped them because they put nothing into the ICO.  Now your "prize" is worth $118 based on last market trade.  So again, all manipulation is not equal.

Oh...check your account Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

kame

Activity: 324

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:48:00 PM

Yes it was absolutely an attempt at preventing NEGATIVE market manipulation.  All actions on the market qualify as "manipulation".  All "manipulation" is not equal or negative.  Whatever you choose to do with your tokens will be manipulation.  Also, you won those tokens for nothing.  It's not an "IOU", it was a gift.

Now, other people might have received them for free and just dumped them because they put nothing into the ICO.  Now your "prize" is worth $118 based on last market trade.  So again, all manipulation is not equal.

Cheers!

Chris

some people concerns about manipulation of market so far and I've been think about it little. Then, I found "LISK" is holding rewards to their delegates for a moment... in this crypt currency world, it is happening in nature...

In anyway, as usual... "Go Bitland!"

Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:04:07 PM

Cheers!

Chris

Received!!! Thank you much Chris!

Best of luck Bitland!! Holding strong!
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 04:33:12 PM

Thanks for the support everyone!

Chris

jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:40:25 PM

Nice to see progress!

Can you clarify what is the role of Cadastral after you have launched the first operation centers? Do people have purchase them before they can register their land?

No, Cadastral will serve as the blockchain on which records will be attached.  The individuals will not have to pay for registration beyond what the normal fees incurred through Ghana government are.  Effectively the government will purchase the Cadastrals, and the individuals will pay whatever fees the government normally charges.  In the mean time, the registry will start to become consolidated onto the Cadastral Blockchain.

Cheers!

Chris

Got it, but how the tokens will then serve the blockchain? I understand that the point is to store the records to the blockchain, but still I don fully understand the role of the tokens as there is no POS or POW. If there would e.g be POS, I would understand the concept, as owning of the tokens would generate interest and thus there would be incentive to hold them and secure the blockchain.

Please dont get me wrong. I just try to understand how this will work. Not to challenge you!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
0ctavian

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:07:25 PM

Hey Chris, nice to see everything going well and forward with Bitland  Smiley

Are you in Ghana right now? If yes, could you show us some pictures of the center and the location?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 06:02:28 PM

Nice to see progress!

Cheers!

Chris

Got it, but how the tokens will then serve the blockchain? I understand that the point is to store the records to the blockchain, but still I don fully understand the role of the tokens as there is no POS or POW. If there would e.g be POS, I would understand the concept, as owning of the tokens would generate interest and thus there would be incentive to hold them and secure the blockchain.

Please dont get me wrong. I just try to understand how this will work. Not to challenge you!

There is POS, but it's the Bitshares blockchain.  Essentially Cadastrals are a colored coin on top of Bitshares, and Cadastrals get their own chain, and every user gets their own chain.  But Bitshares "workers" are securing the network, so no worries Smiley

It is a great question, so please do not worry about offending or anything like that Smiley

Here is the Bitshares explorer where you can see active workers:

http://www.cryptofresh.com/

head_block_num: 7,031,592
  head_block_age: 2 seconds ago
  chain_id: 4018d784..dad512c8
  participation: 100%
  active_witnesses: 27
  committee_members: 11
  block_interval: 3 seconds
  maintenance_interval: 1 hour
  recently_missed_blocks: 0
  last_irreversible_block: 7,031,560
  powered_by: graphene
  more_info: bitshares.org

This approach helps avoid bloat, while allowing side chains/micro chains to be on top of Bitshares.

Hope this makes sense!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 06:18:42 PM

Hey Chris, nice to see everything going well and forward with Bitland  Smiley

Are you in Ghana right now? If yes, could you show us some pictures of the center and the location?

I am not in Ghana, but Narigamba lives there and is from there.  I will be going some time during the summer and also later in the year.  I DO have pictures and a video of the center, but this is also the space before it is anywhere near finished.  I am about to go make the wire transfer to the landlord now.  They are going to finish the interior, and then we have to start outfitting it with the funds we have, and until we get more from phase 3, roll with what we can.  But we have this particular facility for 3 years now, so we have time to work Smiley  Obviously it won't take that long...

video of interior

Cheers!

Chris

0ctavian

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:00:46 PM

Perfect, thank you! Good idea with the logo on top.
jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:30:27 AM

hi chris. i also participated in the twitter campaign and received confirmations but never received info on how to get the tokens. can you help?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 01:23:47 PM

hi chris. i also participated in the twitter campaign and received confirmations but never received info on how to get the tokens. can you help?

Please send your OpenLedger account information to Chrisbates01@gmail.com, and I will send your tokens today.

Cheers!

Chris

jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:28:48 PM

There is POS, but it's the Bitshares blockchain.  Essentially Cadastrals are a colored coin on top of Bitshares, and Cadastrals get their own chain, and every user gets their own chain.  But Bitshares "workers" are securing the network, so no worries Smiley

It is a great question, so please do not worry about offending or anything like that Smiley

This approach helps avoid bloat, while allowing side chains/micro chains to be on top of Bitshares.

Hope this makes sense!

Chris

Now, you got me confused Smiley

If workers secure the blockchain and get rewards in bitshares, then what is the role of Cadastral? E.g. in Ethereum you have to pay a fee when you send transactions to smart contracts and that gives value to the ethers, but this concept you are now implementing is new to me.

I am assuming that you are storing the land records in some sort of smart contracts, right?

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:50:19 PM

Just got my twitter campaign bounty,tnx!
tj303

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:51:37 PM

Time to reach out to the Swedes about Bitland,

http://www.coindesk.com/sweden-blockchain-smart-contracts-land-registry/
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 06:19:50 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 07:00:45 PM by tabali tigi

There is POS, but it's the Bitshares blockchain.  Essentially Cadastrals are a colored coin on top of Bitshares, and Cadastrals get their own chain, and every user gets their own chain.  But Bitshares "workers" are securing the network, so no worries Smiley

Hope this makes sense!

Chris

Now, you got me confused Smiley

If workers secure the blockchain and get rewards in bitshares, then what is the role of Cadastral? E.g. in Ethereum you have to pay a fee when you send transactions to smart contracts and that gives value to the ethers, but this concept you are now implementing is new to me.

I am assuming that you are storing the land records in some sort of smart contracts, right?

Yes, the point is to have a dedicated chain for land records and smart contracts related to land registration.  This will reduce bloat, as there is no reason to have "all transactions" in the same place.

Also, don't try to compare this project to "ethereum".  It has an entirely different point and premise, and will only cause you further confusion.  I understand the need to find some sort of relative concept, but it's DEFINITELY not ethereum.

If anything "Bitshares" would what you would compare to Ethereum in this case, and where Bitland is an actual organization using colored coins with a dedicated blockchain to represent "real life goods and services", where as in the case of Ethereum, the projects that have been built on top of it are trying to do the same thing over and over, so it doesn't REALLY look like transitioning into the real world market, because technically they're not. 

We are getting into "blockchain based real estate", but starting in disparate economies so that ROI is greater.  Like I said, if you are trying to look at this like "Ethereum", you are looking at the wrong aspect of the protocol.  In order for blockchain to be applied in real world, there needs to be organizations that actually bring it to real people and real businesses.  That is MAINLY what bitland is doing, we just happen to have our own microchain on top of Bitshares macrochain.

Cheers

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 06:20:30 PM

Saw that this morning!  Interesting news Cheesy

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 07:12:53 PM

Oh, sorry!

I also misunderstood your question!

There will also be a Cadastral Oracle that takes a small fee for the transaction, but if it is a local farmer in Ghana for example, the GOVERNMENT would purchase their entry credits, and not the individual.  Then witnesses will receive Cadastrals for being the "witness" to a "Bitland Oracle" transaction.

So there WILL be a reward mechanism for those who hold Cadastrals, as the "Witnesses" will be randomly selected from the active list of Cadastral holders.

To be clear, there WILL be a "smart contract" system using Cadastrals that has an Oracle and Witnesses.  We are working on the information flow and going to have an Alpha relatively soon Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: