Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84764 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 02:17:53 PM

D10E Panels are posted:

http://www.d10e.org/agenda/

On a panel with Christian Saucier of Ubitquity, and David Yerger of Bitgo.  Panel will be moderated by Ragnar Lifthrasir who is President of IBREA.

This is about Real Estate now.  The Real Estate industry is paying attention to the blockchain.

Smiley

Cheers!

Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abitbol167

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:38:21 PM

I am a mainstream professional ;-)

And you have 0 activity here proving my point Smiley

You are busy doing mainstream professional stuff.

Cheers!

Chris

Well, jokes appart, I am really a mainstream professional. Insurance to be precise, somewhat related to netexplo.
But that's not my point. I was just here to grab informations on the bitland project and how well it is (or not).
I was a little bit disapointed by the youtube channel, wondering why it has turned into a copypasta of weird video about a guide about logistics.
Then I found the crowdfunding campain that was unsuccesfull.
Then I found the ICO and the CADASTRALS page
Then this.

I've read (in diagonal) the white paper and the most surprising part was the one about CMMI (I didn't expect it).

I also don't know why, in the FAQ, you talk about graphene as a MIT project and linking to a MIT open source licence from a javascript project called graphene (but not the same as ex cryptonomex https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene.

So basiquely, I was wondering how well was bitland.

But I see that it's still active, that a good point.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 04:31:46 PM

Well, jokes appart, I am really a mainstream professional. Insurance to be precise, somewhat related to netexplo.
But that's not my point. I was just here to grab informations on the bitland project and how well it is (or not).
I was a little bit disapointed by the youtube channel, wondering why it has turned into a copypasta of weird video about a guide about logistics.
Then I found the crowdfunding campain that was unsuccesfull.
Then I found the ICO and the CADASTRALS page
Then this.

I've read (in diagonal) the white paper and the most surprising part was the one about CMMI (I didn't expect it).

I also don't know why, in the FAQ, you talk about graphene as a MIT project and linking to a MIT open source licence from a javascript project called graphene (but not the same as ex cryptonomex https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene.

So basiquely, I was wondering how well was bitland.

But I see that it's still active, that a good point.

Okay, I will give a little explanation:

The youtube channel you see is the Bitland Ghana team.  We have given them some autonomy to see what they do locally.  They are working to get the attention of the local farmers and unions, so their videos and rhetoric are no where near catered to "this" audience, because that is not who they are focused on. 

As we will be opening a Bitland center soon in a new location, it will THEN become much more clear to everyone how the branding will work.

Since Bitshares is built on Graphene protocol, and we use Bitshares for our base level security, that is why we include Graphene.  As far as I know, Bitshares uses the MIT protocol, and not the cryptonomex one, but I could be wrong.  We are working on our own protocol, and building the Alpha, so in reality the Graphene protocol is purely for security layer.  Our voting/oracle protocols are being built, and have nothing to do with Graphene.

There is a WHOLE lot going on behind the scenes with our development, and like I said:  Our Alpha protocol is being developed and has nothing to do with Graphene.

Oh, we are VERY active right now, and more active than ever Smiley

Thanks for checking in Smiley

And yes, no one expects the CMMI

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 04:36:46 PM

Also, concerning the success of the crowd sale:

We raised about $40k USD...with that we -

Have a 3 year lease on the Bitland Center in Kumasi
Have almost completed the development of an Alpha
Made major connections with large companies in real estate, media, and banking industry
Postured to open new Bitland Center in yet undisclosed location

Objectively we have done more with $40k than the DAO did with $160 million.

If you go back and look at the rhetoric, we have been asserting the Lean Method to approaching our scaling the entire time.

We are trying to build and make progress.  We have done that with $40k, and are only moving forward.

I salute everyone who participated, including the gentleman who put $.08 towards the Bitland crowd sale.  We did this with a REAL small community, and that is all it took. 

This crowd sale was a 100% a success as far as I'm concerned.

You guys rock!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 04:57:23 PM

Do not forget to read Decentralized Conglomerate White Paper that I just finished first draft of:

https://steemit.com/decentralized/@chris-bates/decentralized-conglomerate-the-new-paradigm-of-digital-leadership-emerges

It was started before DAO fell apart, but was completed the weeks following.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 05:01:13 PM

Well, thank you everyone who took the time to contact Bittrex on Steemit:

"bittrex-bill  ·  22 hours ago
Could you ask the team members of Cadastral to contact us?"

You guys are the real MVPs

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 05:41:35 PM

In reference to Cryptonomex Graphene fork:

Yes, I looked into it and you are correct that Bitshares had forked onto Cryptonomex Protocol.  As I said, since that is our base layer security, they are working on their protocol and it really doesn't affect our alpha, as our protocol deals with a different layer.  Regardless, I will have to update white paper at some point to reflect.

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 06:54:55 PM

https://steemit.com/graphene/@pnc/update-graphene-technology-blockchains-and-applications-graph

Someone took the time and effort to make a graph of the Graphene based projects.  Pretty cool of them to do!

Cheers!

Chris

abitbol167

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:55:41 AM

Thanks man !

Sal's

Antoine
dirtygraham

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:38:39 AM

Hello Bitlanders,

My name is Graham, and I am an investigating Journalist working on a story about serial-scammers/fraudsters in Crypto-Currency, and my desk has assigned me to look into Larry Christopher Bates who is involved in this Bitland-projects and many others.

I need your help gathering information about Larry Christopher Bates who has been involved in a series of scams and failed projects, and I will list some - and hopefully I get some responses either publicly or privately from you - the users that know who is who in Crypto.

If you could do me the favor and come to my bitcointalk-thread and help me gather information, I would be very happy.

Thank you so much for your contribution

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1548350.new#new

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 11:55:43 AM

HA!  This is hilarious...

An "investigative journalist"...?

This is rich...

I love that I have someone who has devoted their existence to me...

This actually quite awesome Smiley

You know you are making waves when you get an entire journalist to yourself...

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 11:59:15 AM

"DAO Loses $60 Million, But I am Investigating Chris Bates"

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Cool

This should turn out pretty amazing

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:08:40 PM

A quick perusing of this character's profile shows that they are HEAVILY invested in Horizon, and clearly have some special interests as they are running a hedge fund of some sort:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.msg14926364#msg14926364

this person isn't a "journalist"...

"I manage a private fund that is currently worth 530 Bitcoins in real value. We have issued an HZ-asset, a dividend-share - but here is the problem: The current Market-Cap for Horizon is only 199 Bitcoins.

If we are to pay our investors back their money at some point, we will have a real serious problems on our hands as our clients trade our HZ-asset/shares with other people... So if we are to liquidate the fund, we would need to set up a private coin/swap in order to buy back the HZ-assets in Bitcoins since our funds value is higher then the value of the entire HZ-network and therefore makes it mathematical impossible to use it for the purpose it was intended."

They are either a scam artist, or an actual hedge fund manager who is playing games...

Now...

Shall we try this again "Graham"?

Or should I call you "Fyrstikken"?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/21ejkh/scam_exchange_cryptorush_implodes_with_epic_drama/

I know that is you Fyrstikken...

Smiley

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:13:35 PM

From "Dirty Graham"

"Good Morning.

It is amazing how much FUD-text poor people can write. Why don´t you guys write on steemit instead where you get paid for it? lmao

So the price went down, big deal - just buy them cheaper and hodl for the longest time."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529178.msg15443934#msg15443934

Yes...the guy who talks down about "poor people" and the way they should go to steemit is a "journalist with integrity"

GTFOH

Fyrstikken, you are horrible at what you do.

Get out of here

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:32:15 PM

Funny enough, I happened to post this to Steemit this morning:

https://steemit.com/revolution/@chris-bates/how-can-cryptocurrency-move-forward

I originally wrote this article "Apr 7, 2014". It was a weird time for crypto. People who were trying to advocate transparency were not well received. I was trying to advocate for transparency and government cooperation because regulation is really the only way to protect people, whether self-regulation or government oversight. People NEED protection.

I hope after the DAO disaster this article has better reception Smiley

How Can Cryptocurrency Move Forward?

If there is one thing that almost everyone in the crypto world has in common, it is the loss of money through scams or larceny.

Whether it is a pump and dump, an attack on an exchange, or a long con, it has been nearly impossible to remain unscathed in the free market of the crypto economy. With new regulations on the horizon from the US government concerning tax laws, many crypto users are looking at the potential to have their currency taxed not only for the coming years, but also retroactively. What has NOT been discussed, however, is any protection for cryptos. It seems governments want to take money from the crypto communities through taxation, but they want to leave us to fend for ourselves.

Who can the crypto community trust to protect it from the scammers and thieves?

To better understand this dilemma, we should examine why “trust” is fundamentally at the basis of a
functional community.

In social scientist Francis Fukuyama’s book, 'Trust: The Social Virtues and The Creation of Prosperity(1996)', he presents the following argument: at the basis of every functional society, trust must exist, and even further the more trust a society has, the easier it is for that society to create prosperity. To summarize, Fukuyama posits that a society with laws can function not just because of the laws, but because people trust the laws will be enforced, so things like ownership and legal contracts become possible because people invest their own trust in the system.

He makes the case that it’s easier to create a large consolidated firm in a place where there is more trust. He also mentions that in light of new technology, people would be able to connect on smaller scales and create firms that were not based around countries or local economies, but also functioned on the trust between individuals. In essence, it is the trust that allows firms to work as a unit towards the same goal.

While it’s not easy to accurately measure trust, it’s easy to see that trust in the crypto world is fading, and it is mainly due to the scammers and thieves, not because of the systems themselves.

Since the crypto world is largely based around anonymity, our first level of trust is gone. We don’t know the names or faces of people we are dealing with. Such a simple gesture goes a long way in establishing trust, but not many people in the crypto world want to take that first step. Now that we know that many countries will not only tax crypto, but they will not actively protect them, another level of trust is gone, which would have been the legal system to protect this realm.

But the worst thing affecting trust now, is the thieves and scammers themselves. While these types are not unique to the crypto world, since this technology is so early in its inception, they have the potential to cause mass distrust in the crypto world and cause it to fall apart. With the current state of the crypto economy, we are all faced with a choice. Do we retreat to what feels safe, and what we feel we can trust in the old legal system and old currency, or do we band together as individuals and force the thieves out on our own since the governments will not and cannot do it?

The crypto world is the Wild West. We have no Wyatt Earp, so we must all be the sheriff.

BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:40:21 PM

From "Dirty Graham"

"Good Morning.

It is amazing how much FUD-text poor people can write. Why don´t you guys write on steemit instead where you get paid for it? lmao

So the price went down, big deal - just buy them cheaper and hodl for the longest time."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529178.msg15443934#msg15443934

Yes...the guy who talks down about "poor people" and the way they should go to steemit is a "journalist with integrity"

GTFOH

Fyrstikken, you are horrible at what you do.

Get out of here

Just don't feed the Troll, if you ignore him it will go away... we all saw his last posts Smiley)
Keep up the good work Chris and make Bitland a success! Smiley
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 02:06:49 PM

Just don't feed the Troll, if you ignore him it will go away... we all saw his last posts Smiley)
Keep up the good work Chris and make Bitland a success! Smiley

Thank you sir!

Bitland mentioned in International Banker today Smiley

http://internationalbanker.com/finance/blockchain-impacting-industry/

Cheers!

Chris

BogdanCo

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:11:15 PM

Does it works for you guys the openledger platform now? I can't enter in my account, it keeps telling me to create my first account... So how can I access my Cadastrals?
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:28:47 PM

Does it works for you guys the openledger platform now? I can't enter in my account, it keeps telling me to create my first account... So how can I access my Cadastrals?
Bogdan, see if you have any button in the top right corner, just left of the "Create Account" Button. I always start looking on the top banner bar to try to get into my OL account.

Sorry if this isnt helpful, OL is difficult to say the least
BogdanCo

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:01:21 PM

Bogdan, see if you have any button in the top right corner, just left of the "Create Account" Button. I always start looking on the top banner bar to try to get into my OL account.

Sorry if this isnt helpful, OL is difficult to say the least

I have there the settings button. But I still can't figure out how to enter in my account...

Edit: I just saw now on the lower right corner that it's asking me to backup and I am responsible for my own backup. I never did any backup of my wallet, I thought the coins are stored on the openledger... are you kidding me? I switched from Firefox Mozilla to Chrome yesterday, and uninstalled Mozilla. Don't tell me I lost my coins... Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: