Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923801 times)
CryptoCoderz (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 506

Coderz of the Crypto variety

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 10:29:54 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2016, 10:43:02 PM by CryptoCoderz

"Value" is not a valid argument IMO. The value of the entire chain depends on the practical use for it. If the practical use requires a high amount of coins (which was the reason I voted against lowering the coin amount during swap), if having much fewer coins would essentially render the whole thing unusable for the planned use cases, then well we will need another swap to increase the amount of coins again. Re-using unclaimed coins from other people is politically incorrect though, albeit much simpler than doing another swap.

@CryptoCoderz What negative effects would result from the hard cap being reached "too fast"? I don't think mining plays an essential role in applying a currency...

Okay so here's the rundown.

If we burn:

- Everyone hardforks and chain is completely re-calibrated (hardcap must be redone or the chain will never reach the 50B intended Cap)
- This will cause delay in development as there will need to be time put in for updating, upgrading all nodes and informing all exchanges, service providers of hardfork.
- The Devs go back to raising funds for giveaways and promotions as we would all only have our personal balances like before and hence why there were little bounties ever tied to this, everything else was given away
- On the positive the chain will payout longer before hardcapping.

If we DONT burn:

- Development can focus on features and updates
- The chain technically would have picked up where it left off (as ESP2 was premined the same amount as ESP1 will be mined out to as of the end of swap date)
- Unswapped Espers2 would go into a community voted upon "trust" address. Where they would sit in stasis only being scraped at for community agreed upon faucets, giveaways, competitions and such (THIS WOULD BE A COMMUNITY FUND)
- Overall market value doesn't become affected as the unswapped coins will never be spent by the dev team in any markets yet current  and new users would benefit from being able to run faucets and the like.

That's our outlook on the situation. There is considerable voicing in favor of burning for market value increase, this will not increase the market value at all. There are still 50Billion total coins to be made, if many are burned it simply means the the miners and bagholders will gain more over a longer period of time to offset the burn and ESP2 would not longer pickup from ESP1's spot in terms of total mined coins.

As for the political correctness we agree with. It is absolutely unfair for the dev team to split it up like a fat bonus check or anything of the sort and that was never the intention.
We simply thought of this as an excellent opportunity to utilize already accounted for coins from the first chain that were not claimed due to users exiting or other reasons for Pushing Espers, we don't even have a faucet for users to be able to go to to get into this, we don't really have any bounties to offer other than the ones that the dev members personally choose to pay for, it's a little ridiculous and a COMMUNITY fund would solve this issue.

Everything would be voted upon by the community including what faucets were used, what the payout rate is, what giveaways to run, and the list goes on of course.
Otherwise like we said before, we do not mind burning them and we will if that is the final decision by the community.

"Value" is not a valid argument IMO. The value of the entire chain depends on the practical use for it. If the practical use requires a high amount of coins (which was the reason I voted against lowering the coin amount during swap), if having much fewer coins would essentially render the whole thing unusable for the planned use cases, then well we will need another swap to increase the amount of coins again. Re-using unswapped coins from other people is politically incorrect though, albeit much simpler than doing another swap.

IMO value is also given by the trading volume but as long as the coin is traded in litoshis it has from zero to very low attention

Burning the coins would have ZERO impact on value

Reading through this I tend to think stick with the plan rather than burn anything. I am hardly knowledgeable enough to know the effects of burning or not but to me a resource for marketing and promotion of Espers seems rather needed at this stage. The coin must be known about, does that not go hand in hand with usability and liquidity, value even?
As the hard work of the developers is added to Espers these new features must be promoted to attract new users to the project bringing along with them strength and life to Espers.

This ^^^ is what we're trying to say. Again IF it is decided not to burn the COMMUNITY would be the one's in control of the functions that dispense anything from the fund

just send me all the unswapped :-)
or burn them...

by the way is it possible to let the coin symbol to ESP instead of ESP2
as investor i'm always suspicious about coin version 2

Once ESP1 shuts down the ticker will be changed from ESP2 to ESP. It is only a temporary measure during swap.

@Everyone,

We only argue to state a possible beneficial alternative to burning that we saw. We want to work with you and aren't going to twist anyone's arm.
That being said informing you all that there is an alternative to burning that also doesn't wind up in a dev's pocket is possible and probably a great choice.

Again, we will burn if that's the end decision but let's discuss this a little more first. We have some time prior to swap end to discuss proper usage of the unswapped coins.
(Bear in mind that the Novaexchange swap will not account for 2 of the Dev's funds being swapped and few other users as there were some manual swaps done)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
 ▀         

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀
▐░▌         ▐░▌ 
▐░▌          ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌
 ▀               ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▓▒░░ Secure Emailing
    ▓▒░░ Site-On-Blockchain
         ▓▒░░ Proof-of-Reliability
▓▒░░ HMQ1725
    ▓▒░░ CryptoCoderz
         ▓▒░░ Bitcointalk ANN
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:50:27 PM

I say give them all away in the form of promotions. Get more exposure. When you give them away, the value may increase. If you burn them, they are destroyed and value is not affected.

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:51:05 PM

If we burn:

- Everyone hardforks and chain is completely re-calibrated (hardcap must be redone or the chain will never reach the 50B intended Cap)
- This will cause delay in development as there will need to be time put in for updating, upgrading all nodes and informing all exchanges, service providers of hardfork.
- The Devs go back to raising funds for giveaways and promotions as we would all only have our personal balances like before and hence why there were little bounties ever tied to this, everything else was given away
- On the positive the chain will payout longer before hardcapping.

If we DONT burn:

- Development can focus on features and updates
- The chain technically would have picked up where it left off (as ESP2 was premined the same amount as ESP1 will be mined out to as of the end of swap date)
- Unswapped Espers2 would go into a community voted upon "trust" address. Where they would sit in stasis only being scraped at for community agreed upon faucets, giveaways, competitions and such (THIS WOULD BE A COMMUNITY FUND)
- Overall market value doesn't become affected as the unswapped coins will never be spent by the dev team in any markets yet current  and new users would benefit from being able to run faucets and the like.

After a quick read-through, I'm leaning more towards NOT burning.  The positives seem to outweigh those of burning - and a community fund would undoubtedly benefit the coin & community if properly utilized.  Burning ESP seems to be way too much effort for not much reward.  Why go back to raising funds (if choosing to burn) when we could have a trust address filled with ESP?  Those coins could be used for bringing in new members as stated above - giveaways (and faucets, promos, etc.) is what made ESP so popular in the first place Smiley

Waiting to hear other's input before I keep blabbering!
CC-Resurgam

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 10:55:52 PM

I Would recommend NOT burning. simply because the coins would Not go to developers, but rather the community. it would allow the devs to test, give out, support and effectively promote the entire Espers Project.

i personally believe this could be invaluable for the project. but again the community has the final say. if the community as a whole tells to either to do it or not to do it we will listen. if it is a near tie, then the dev team will have the final say. therefore please voice your opinions, alternate solutions, or even a counter argument.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
neguinho

Activity: 561

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 11:04:13 PM

I let my ESP2 in novaexchange Huh

E1337

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:01:20 AM

Could be 50% burn 50% keep for bounties and future promotions

I think we should burn some for the following reasons:

2 month of miming by both chains (esp1 and esp2)
First days of PoS (before 20000 block) on esp2 chain was generated over 250million coins  Grin
Tastiger

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:00:36 AM

First days of PoS (before 20000 block) on esp2 chain was generated over 250million coins  Grin

Isn't any effect that would be achieved by burning (reducing coins) already done by doing the 10:1 swap in the first place? What will a little more reduction achieve really? If there is an opportunity for this coin and community to benefit from a promotional fund shouldn't that path be taken rather than a path with negligible effect on the coin or even potentially slowing development? Consider 250million coins just a little in the direction of those that favoured no swap in the first place - on balance we should be focusing on these coins circulating, not the total somewhat up or down
anarchrist

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:57:59 AM

save the coins!
CryptoCoderz (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 04:24:56 AM

This is also an option, thanks for coming around and rebutling with us Smiley Let's see how this develops so we can have a plan of action by the end of the swap.

Yeah the ESP2 chain rushed before the recent softfork with Patch 5. The new v0.8.4.3 will address the last of the chain speed instabilities. Can't wait to finish the damn thing.

Isn't any effect that would be achieved by burning (reducing coins) already done by doing the 10:1 swap in the first place? What will a little more reduction achieve really? If there is an opportunity for this coin and community to benefit from a promotional fund shouldn't that path be taken rather than a path with negligible effect on the coin or even potentially slowing development? Consider 250million coins just a little in the direction of those that favoured no swap in the first place - on balance we should be focusing on these coins circulating, not the total somewhat up or down

It wouldn't have an affect to the market but it's still doable as a compromise, remember we have to try and keep everyone happy. All people have different opinions and we should take them all into account. Let's see what else is said and we'll go from there.

save the coins!

Save the coins! Tongue

Thank you guys very much for being responsive and working with us.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
 ▀         

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀
▐░▌         ▐░▌ 
▐░▌          ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌
 ▀               ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▓▒░░ Secure Emailing
    ▓▒░░ Site-On-Blockchain
▓▒░░ HMQ1725
    ▓▒░░ CryptoCoderz
         ▓▒░░ Bitcointalk ANN
nullroute

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:38:59 AM

My opinion is we do not burn.  It would allow the DEV team to focus more on the core functionality that will bring value to the project and to the coin itself.  I do understand the PC aspect, but if the original holders had 2+ months to swap the coins and did not care enough to do so, well that is their fault.  They would loose their coins anyways at that point, so if they go back into a "pool" or back into the community to help promote the coin, then so be it. 

Im looking forward to the functionality of the coin, and not seeing the DEV team have to dedicate time to stuff that was already done to recalibrate / duplicate work.  Im a computer programmer, and I completely understand what it feels like to have to duplicate work over and over because of various reasons.  So I feel their pain if they have to redo all that work again!

I do not feel that less coins is going to bring value to the coin.  It will bring quick sellers to dump coins for profit.  Im here for the long haul, and i want to see this point succeed.  This means Site on Chain, Secure Messaging, Etc.  In addition the coin supply is meant to be larger than most others, due to the fact that the functionality they are working on will cost something to use.  Just part of the uniqueness of this coin.

This is just my 2 cents. 
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:51:28 AM

I Would recommend NOT burning. simply because the coins would Not go to developers, but rather the community. it would allow the devs to test, give out, support and effectively promote the entire Espers Project.

i personally believe this could be invaluable for the project. but again the community has the final say. if the community as a whole tells to either to do it or not to do it we will listen. if it is a near tie, then the dev team will have the final say. therefore please voice your opinions, alternate solutions, or even a counter argument.
Something else to consider: "the community as a whole" is not all represented on this forum to discuss ideas. How many wallets is there? How many voices are talking.. It is a forum (not a election box).. Many others who hold espers by me strongly oppose this too.. so if there is a vote somehow we must keep in mind all forums and all folks who might not really be in crypto yet besides Espers and all those who may not have English as there first language. this is almost near impossible to decide what the community in whole wants. And how do we know if these votes are real votes how do we prove it.. This is a unnecessary distraction if not a impossible task.. It's just best to keep growing the community and espers

something else: "the community has the final say" I don't mean to be rude but the developers need to lead the way and they have the final say.. look at other projects.. Of course. But any successful project must have leaders and wise decisions makers.. Not blow by the wind voting or what's popular right now.. this didn't start out with rights (many just hold tokens and have contributed nothing. some have) just a common goal to take this to the finish line.. Economics aside any project to be successful it must follow it's outline. If we are to succeed we must keep leading.. (maybe not everyone will tag along) But to keep the vision we must not sway, right or left,, we must stay on course..  

I agree with this.

@CryptoCoderz, I definitely see your point. I can also see how using unswapped coins for a "community fund" would make sense from a philosophical standpoint ... although the same argument from DigitalCurrencyConsultant applies to that fund, unless you have some Decred-like community voting you should not only base your decisions on voices in this forum (including me)! Do what is right.  Cool

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
CryptoCoderz (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 06:00:46 AM

Something else to consider: "the community as a whole" is not all represented on this forum to discuss ideas. How many wallets is there? How many voices are talking.. It is a forum (not a election box).. Many others who hold espers by me strongly oppose this too.. so if there is a vote somehow we must keep in mind all forums and all folks who might not really be in crypto yet besides Espers and all those who may not have English as there first language. this is almost near impossible to decide what the community in whole wants. And how do we know if these votes are real votes how do we prove it.. This is a unnecessary distraction if not a impossible task.. It's just best to keep growing the community and espers

something else: "the community has the final say" I don't mean to be rude but the developers need to lead the way and they have the final say.. look at other projects.. Of course. But any successful project must have leaders and wise decisions makers.. Not blow by the wind voting or what's popular right now.. this didn't start out with rights (many just hold tokens and have contributed nothing. some have) just a common goal to take this to the finish line.. Economics aside any project to be successful it must follow it's outline. If we are to succeed we must keep leading.. (maybe not everyone will tag along) But to keep the vision we must not sway, right or left,, we must stay on course..  

I agree with this.

@CryptoCoderz, I definitely see your point. I can also see how using unswapped coins for a "community fund" would make sense from a philosophical standpoint ... although the same argument from DigitalCurrencyConsultant applies to that fund, unless you have some Decred-like community voting you should not only base your decisions on voices in this forum (including me)! Do what is right.  Cool

We will build in a voting system into the wallet eventually if this is decided upon.
In the meantime we'd setup a voting area whether it be this thread or a new page on the cryptocoderz website to accommodate for current proposed giveaways/events and community votes/opinions

There would be community meetings scheduled biweekly to consult each other on what events to run and how to run them. That are later put up for vote.
Also I personally would like to think Espers isn't a half-bad community itself, I rather like everyone around.

My opinion is we do not burn.  It would allow the DEV team to focus more on the core functionality that will bring value to the project and to the coin itself.  I do understand the PC aspect, but if the original holders had 2+ months to swap the coins and did not care enough to do so, well that is their fault.  They would loose their coins anyways at that point, so if they go back into a "pool" or back into the community to help promote the coin, then so be it. 

Im looking forward to the functionality of the coin, and not seeing the DEV team have to dedicate time to stuff that was already done to recalibrate / duplicate work.  Im a computer programmer, and I completely understand what it feels like to have to duplicate work over and over because of various reasons.  So I feel their pain if they have to redo all that work again!

I do not feel that less coins is going to bring value to the coin.  It will bring quick sellers to dump coins for profit.  Im here for the long haul, and i want to see this point succeed.  This means Site on Chain, Secure Messaging, Etc.  In addition the coin supply is meant to be larger than most others, due to the fact that the functionality they are working on will cost something to use.  Just part of the uniqueness of this coin.

This is just my 2 cents. 

Thank you for your input Smiley we appreciate it big time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
 ▀         

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀
▐░▌         ▐░▌ 
▐░▌          ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌
 ▀               ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▓▒░░ Secure Emailing
    ▓▒░░ Site-On-Blockchain
▓▒░░ HMQ1725
    ▓▒░░ CryptoCoderz
         ▓▒░░ Bitcointalk ANN
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:03:12 AM

Thank you for your input Smiley we appreciate it big time.

We should chat on Crypto-city one of these day to discuss some future stuff.  Grin

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:28:50 AM

Burning or not burning, it will not affect ESP2, unless the not-swapped is swapped by the team, which AFAIK is not going to happen.
So please everybody recalibrate all your thought and views.

alexcfr

Activity: 304

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:32:11 AM

Ok, do not burn it.

I say give them all away in the form of promotions.
Get more exposure.

Exemple : Sell them at a good price to vote on new exchange. (livecoin etc)
Tekna

Activity: 268

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:01:37 AM

Team is wise enough to think about good solutions to spend properly an amount that can lead the coin where investors want it to go.

I expressed my opinion in previous discussions, for me this is a clear "no burning", and I'm here from the beginning as an investor. This coin has a story that cannot be changed with only a  drop in the total amount of coins (we are not talking about a coin born for the market, gosh! We are talking about a coin that have a long term project, and for this it requires a plan of working that devs have calculated! And the huge amount is part of this!). What can change the value now is the action of devs and gold ears that can listen what is happening here (chinese exchanges, business that want to integrate ESP as a payment method ecc.), and we can do it only through a massive promotion!!
The first promotion goal had gone but now all the project has a second chance to use properly a huge amount to tell the world where it can arrive.
For me a choice that will burn a single ESP is a mad choice!
Girls talk too much, I know, but if I see an action that burns coins I will bang my head against the wall lol
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:06:37 AM

I thought about after I read what you guys wrote.

Burning them is not a good choice. Thats now clear to me too.

Thanks.

Using the coins for promotion or bounties may be better.

E1337

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:30:57 AM

What is amount of unswapped coins? Over 5 billion?
Shpetim

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Hello!
I withdraw my espers from cryptopia but those not comin'g in my wallet, mu sync of transactions not completed still, is that cause? please tell me.
So is that cause sync.
God day.
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:55:59 PM

Hello!
I withdraw my espers from cryptopia but those not comin'g in my wallet, mu sync of transactions not completed still, is that cause? please tell me.
So is that cause sync.
God day.

Hi,

yes, they surely will be shown in your wallet when everything is up to date.

But you can also check the transaction here:

http://espv2.miningalts.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: