Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:38:10 PM

There's quite a few of us here from the community. Answering to constant scam claims is time consuming and soul destroying. The devs themselves are working on launching the new platform (possibly within the next few days) and so they are pretty busy and not many (if any) questions need a dev to respond just yet. All the questions are basic, mostly about GAW.

Slack is the best place to get hold of the Devs / Team directly:

https://slack.ionomy.com/

When you launch a new coin/platform, and you seek to raise funds through an ico, surely you have an obligation to actually engage with the people whose money you are asking for?

I understand that it can be hard work to keep up with when you're trying to be productive, but in the the next few weeks I'll be launching a new store, I'll be on here touting it & I'll expect people to do the right thing and point out any issues we might have missed as we were working on it.  It might take up time, but it'll be worth it, after all, you can't get people involved unless you engage.

Same goes for the devs of this new platform & coin.

With Slack being the place that is manned 24x7 by the dev/platform team and community, I do wonder the reason to leave this thread open - locking it might be a better option.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:39:52 PM

Honestly, a lot of us got screwed with the GAW scam. I know it's tempting to say this is just the same thing. But please just read the whitepaper, then each of the things on your list can be discussed individually as to what is right/wrong with them.

I don't know if MrCoins is a shrill or a troll. There is no way anybody could loose 300 btc in paycoin and then say this coin isn't a scam.

I have a feeling he's just doing this cos he likes the attention.

Anyways, can't be bothered, think it's fairly obvious to everyone that this is a scam. Only people that disagree are the newbie accounts. Possibly newbies might have an interest in Ionomy lols.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:40:36 PM

There's quite a few of us here from the community. Answering to constant scam claims is time consuming and soul destroying. The devs themselves are working on launching the new platform (possibly within the next few days) and so they are pretty busy and not many (if any) questions need a dev to respond just yet. All the questions are basic, mostly about GAW.

When you launch a new coin/platform, and you seek to raise funds through an ico, surely you have an obligation to actually engage with the people whose money you are asking for?

I understand that it can be hard work to keep up with when you're trying to be productive, but in the the next few weeks I'll be launching a new store, I'll be on here touting it & I'll expect people to do the right thing and point out any issues we might have missed as we were working on it.  It might take up time, but it'll be worth it, after all, you can't get people involved unless you engage.

With Slack being the place that is manned 24x7 by the dev/platform team and community, I do wonder the reason to leave this thread open - locking it might be a better option.

But then, how would they let the wider crypto public know about their ico, where to find them etc?

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:40:55 PM

So people can't ask questions? Good luck locking it, do you think people are out of line asking these questions because of Paycoins history? I do not.

ionomy (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:47:08 PM

This is PoS3 (or SPoS), please read the white paper. It's all fixed block rewards. For both masternodes and regular wallets.

https://ionomy.com/about/whitepaper

Honestly, a lot of us got screwed with the GAW scam. I know it's tempting to say this is just the same thing. But please just read the whitepaper, then each of the things on your list can be discussed individually as to what is right/wrong with them.

How come you're the one here putting up a continuous defense of this, along with a handful of other accounts occasionally posting?

I think someone else expressed the same surprise that the dev tam isn't here answering questions about their new venture and it's being left to former xpy community members at this time

I understand that it can be hard work to keep up with when you're trying to be productive, but in the the next few weeks I'll be launching a new store, I'll be on here touting it & I'll expect people to do the right thing and point out any issues we might have missed as we were working on it.  It might take up time, but it'll be worth it, after all, you can't get people involved unless you engage.

We will try to answer any questions/concerns that users might have which is related to ION or ionomy.com and nothing else, so feel free to ask any questions regarding ION/ionomy!
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:49:17 PM

This is PoS3 (or SPoS), please read the white paper. It's all fixed block rewards. For both masternodes and regular wallets.

How come you're the one here putting up a continuous defense of this, along with a handful of other accounts occasionally posting?

I think someone else expressed the same surprise that the dev tam isn't here answering questions about their new venture and it's being left to former xpy community members at this time

I understand that it can be hard work to keep up with when you're trying to be productive, but in the the next few weeks I'll be launching a new store, I'll be on here touting it & I'll expect people to do the right thing and point out any issues we might have missed as we were working on it.  It might take up time, but it'll be worth it, after all, you can't get people involved unless you engage.

We will try to answer any questions/concerns that users might have which is related to ION or ionomy.com and nothing else, so feel free to ask any questions regarding ION/ionomy!

Can you answer why ION has a shockingly similar code/business model/architecture to Paycoin?

Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

Can you answer why ION has a shockingly similar code/business model/architecture to Paycoin?

This thread is not always monitored.

To speak to the team direct, go over to slack, they will address your questions in real-time.

ladrx

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:54:39 PM

Why should we believe that Ionomy is NOT a scam when it seems to be nearly a carbon copy of the known paycoin scam and is run by one of the same people - Adam Matlack?

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:55:15 PM

The ION source code has not been released yet, how do you know its similar to any coin out there?

Again, we are only answering to REAL questions, thanks.
skinnyboy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:55:36 PM

This thread is not always monitored.

To speak to the team direct, go over to slack, they will address your questions in real-time.

Given it appears the dev appears to be here, instead of directing people away from the thread, let's have the Q&A ovr here, where we can all see it without opening up new windows/apps :-)

skinnyboy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:57:07 PM

The ION source code has not been released yet, how do you know its similar to any coin out there?

It's a real enough question, without the source code the only resource that can be read into is the whitepaper, and that does have a striking resemblence to xpy.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:58:36 PM

Firstly you are using Eduffields masternode system, you are using POS 3.0 developed by the Blackcoin development team (2.0), the source code isn't released yet but these assumptions are based on your whitepaper.

ladrx

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:02:15 PM

Please provide documentation of ionomy's FinCEN approval as a licensed money services business (MSB).

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:02:30 PM

Why should we believe that Ionomy is NOT a scam when it seems to be nearly a carbon copy of the known paycoin scam and is run by one of the same people - Adam Matlack?

Everyone is right to their own opinion, if you feel that way then there is nothing we can do apart from releasing the wallet and the promises that we have set out and prove you wrong.
I am not sure there is an altcoin out there who have developed mobile games so not sure what you mean by similar...
ionomy (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:09:32 PM

Please provide documentation of ionomy's FinCEN approval as a licensed money services business (MSB).

ionomy.com is registered in Singapore, as you may already know, Singapore does not regulate virtual currency at the moment.
Ref: http://www.mas.gov.sg/moneysense/understanding-financial-products/investments/consumer-alerts/virtual-currencies.aspx
skinnyboy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:15:04 PM

ionomy.com is registered in Singapore, as you may already know, Singapore does not regulate virtual currency at the moment.
Ref: http://www.mas.gov.sg/moneysense/understanding-financial-products/investments/consumer-alerts/virtual-currencies.aspx

How would this impact people from a legal perspective if they had reason to feel they'd been wronged?

Why did you pick Singapore?

Mrdeeds

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:20:26 PM

So people can't ask questions? Good luck locking it, do you think people are out of line asking these questions because of Paycoins history? I do not.

Asking questions is the best thing to do. Calling something a scam and not posting evidence, even when asked for just isn't right. It's to easy to do this from the fairly anonimity behind your computer screen. It always makes me think that people who do this either have no social life and are very mad at the world. Or they have a very mean wife and are very mad at the world.
I would love to read some accusations combined with proof. Haven't seen any sofar. Wink

(                       incent                       )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETTER LOYALTY THROUGH SMARTER REWARDS
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

Asking questions is the best thing to do. Calling something a scam and not posting evidence, even when asked for just isn't right. It's to easy to do this from the fairly anonimity behind your computer screen. It always makes me think that people who do this either have no social life and are very mad at the world. Or they have a very mean wife and are very mad at the world.
I would love to read some accusations combined with proof. Haven't seen any sofar. Wink

Here is evidence that I have got:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/ion-coin-warning-cb686fb6e7a4#.ej5bfwdnv

ionomy (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:26:29 PM

How would this impact people from a legal perspective if they had reason to feel they'd been wronged?

This is something you should consult with a local lawyer in your country before you make any investment.

We view Singapore as a good place to launch new cyrptocurrency start up, and we were drawn to it because of go coins success being based out of Singapore as well.
skinnyboy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:29:00 PM

This is something you should consult with a local lawyer in your country before you make any investment.

We view Singapore as a good place to launch new cyrptocurrency start up, and we were drawn to it because of go coins success being based out of Singapore as well.

Are all the details, names etc, of the founders of the company/other business entity available to the public for the purpose of legal protection?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: