Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
snowman8

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:42:00 PM

So what did we determine on this coin? Is it a scam? legit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

It's run by people either involved in the GAW scam or too stupid to realize it was a scam.

They claim the business is registered but it has been coming up on 40 hours since the OP said he would find out and inform us in this thread with the specifics to the company's registration, not sure how it takes so long for a legitimate business to prove they are registered.

It's up to you to figure out whether or not you think it's a scam or not.
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 03:53:41 PM

It's a very high risk venture.

The model is more interesting that many coins i've been involved in, the old XPY.io platform was nice to use so a new coin with a platform makes it at least more fun that just trading the waves on Bittrex.

I swapped my XPY for ION during the swap stage so i'll be here for a while. It can't be worse that XPY but as for putting in new money.... Don't invest more than you can afford to lose - if in doubt, wait a few weeks/months to see how things turn out.

There's a lot of details to be worked out (the coin isn't launched yet) but the basic model has been outlined, i like the whitepaper and the slack community is very active. I'd like to see more details though before i threw 100 BTC into it.

IMO the main risk is whether the model will work and whether their early games will be good enough to get the exposure needed for success.

I wish the team the best of luck with their project, i'm coming along for the ride and will assess as it unfolds over the coming months.
snowman8

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:59:18 PM

The model is more interesting that many coins i've been involved in, the old XPY.io platform was nice to use so a new coin with a platform makes it at least more fun that just trading the waves on Bittrex.

I swapped my XPY for ION during the swap stage so i'll be here for a while. It can't be worse that XPY but as for putting in new money.... Don't invest more than you can afford to lose - if in doubt, wait a few weeks/months to see how things turn out.

There's a lot of details to be worked out (the coin isn't launched yet) but the basic model has been outlined, i like the whitepaper and the slack community is very active. I'd like to see more details though before i threw 100 BTC into it.

IMO the main risk is whether the model works, not that it is an intentional scam to steal your BTC.
May have to hop into slack. I took a break from crypto in 2015 but came back to invest (Lisk, maybe Waves). I see ICOs are back with a vengeance. So I was reading through many of the ICO threads. Thanks for the info!
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:08:19 PM

IMO the main risk is whether the model works, not that it is an intentional scam to steal your BTC.
May have to hop into slack. I took a break from crypto in 2015 but came back to invest (Lisk, maybe Waves). I see ICOs are back with a vengeance. So I was reading through many of the ICO threads. Thanks for the info!

Not sure why you would waste your time sorting through the slack channel when they can't even post something simple like info about their business registration here after they said that they would.
snowman8

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:09:21 PM

Agreed. Probably because they don't have it!  Tongue
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 04:23:44 PM

Agreed. Probably because they don't have it!  Tongue

On the business registration I asked the same question...

The business is not a new registration, it's been running the XPY.io platform (not XPY the coin) and so it was actually registered sometime in 2014, right now a name change to "Ionomy" is in progress and it is not completed or showing online yet. This was the official response from Huey in Slack.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:19:20 PM

Agreed. Probably because they don't have it!  Tongue

On the business registration I asked the same question...

The business is not a new registration, it's been running the XPY.io platform (not XPY the coin) and so it was actually registered sometime in 2014, right now a name change to "Ionomy" is in progress and it is not completed or showing online yet. This was the official response from Huey in Slack.

Why would you put your faith in a company when user ionomy was unable to get that information and share it here, like he said he would?

Why did he just say that instead of providing us that information so that we can see i for ourselves and find out how official this is and who is willing ot put their names on it?
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:21:48 PM

ahhh this is still here

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
TheEvilSocks

Activity: 127

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:27:36 PM

forgive me if someone else has asked this question.

what is the relationship between this project and the paycoin scam ?

Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:16:44 PM

What is the relationship between this coin's devs and PayCoin (XPY) ?

The coin developer for ION has zero relation or affiliation to anything related to Paycoin or XPY.

So this Adam Matlack is a different Adam Matlack? Smiley

Adam helped write and edit the whitepaper, but is not a coin developer.

So if Adam "Paycoin" Matlack just wrote the ION whitepaper, who exactly is hiding behind the username ionomy here? A little bit of transparency would be nice.
Otherwise people could get the idea that ION is Paycoin 2.0

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 06:33:24 PM

Same people who kept paycoin on life support after Garza left (since about a year ago) and failed are now asking for money for this new ionomy project. I'm sure Mr-Coins will offer you some spin on that, but this is a cold hard fact. Don't get distracted by shills.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:05:30 PM

I have questions to the ION team:  If I am interested in games that use cryptocurrencies, why wouldn't I just use a game that utilizes Bitcoin? For what reason should I buy a new altcoin that was cloned from another alt and has a premine of more than 50%? How is ION interesting to anyone else but the Paycoin bagholders who got some ION for free?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mrdeeds

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:44:03 PM

As far as I know the people who tryed to save what was left from paycoin after the Garza scam finally left the coin behind and are trying to create a whole new coin with new features and new developers. To bad that because of so many people are yelling scam and a not to active topic starter, the topic is turning into a namecalling contest.

I say it is legit and could have a future but needs better communication.

(                       incent                       )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETTER LOYALTY THROUGH SMARTER REWARDS
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:51:48 PM

As far as I know the people who tryed to save what was left from paycoin after the Garza scam finally left the coin behind and are trying to create a whole new coin with new features and new developers. To bad that because of so many people are yelling scam and a not to active topic starter, the topic is turning into a namecalling contest.

Why would the people who failed at adding new features and developers to paycoin succeed now?

How long does it take them to answer a simple question? How will they be able to do anything that is actually hard?
Mrdeeds

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:28:38 PM

Why would the people who failed at adding new features and developers to paycoin succeed now?

How long does it take them to answer a simple question? How will they be able to do anything that is actually hard?
Paycoin was doomed from the moment the scam came out. Because there where so many involved some people stood up and tryed to save what was left of it. It didn't work out. That's why they abandoned it. It is not fair to call these people scammers just because they tryed to save a scammed coin. Not fir the coin but for the people involved.
I agree there is a lack on communication. They obviously chose to mainly start this topic as a announcement topic only. It's there good right if they want it this way imo. They have stated several times to go to their Slack channel if you have questions. They choose to do it this way and it's not their fold that many people here don't want to go to that Slack channel to have their questions answered. In stead of going there they're just calling ion a scam. Not fair imo. But I will probably be called a shill for stating this. Because that's just the way some people react in this place. Smiley

(                       incent                       )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETTER LOYALTY THROUGH SMARTER REWARDS
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 08:34:24 PM

Paycoin was doomed from the moment the scam came out. Because there where so many involved some people stood up and tryed to save what was left of it. It didn't work out. That's why they abandoned it. It is not fair to call these people scammers just because they tryed to save a scammed coin. Not fir the coin but for the people involved.
I agree there is a lack on communication. They obviously chose to mainly start this topic as a announcement topic only. It's there good right if they want it this way imo. They have stated several times to go to their Slack channel if you have questions. They choose to do it this way and it's not their fold that many people here don't want to go to that Slack channel to have their questions answered. In stead of going there they're just calling ion a scam. Not fair imo. But I will probably be called a shill for stating this. Because that's just the way some people react in this place. Smiley

Some did go to slack and if I understand correctly feedback from there is not flattering either. Polite but no answers to real questions. Apparently this thread together with the slack chat form a modern day equivalent of "you won a cruise - cal this number".
pcminerx

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:40:57 PM

It is not the same developer team, and that in itself already increases the chances of success. It is build around a business model whereas many alt coins do not have this, including paycoin. Success does not depend entirely on the core dev, although the wallet and chain should not have any problems of course. Is bitcoin a success? What defines success? The blockchain technology is a success, banks are creating their own chains. Coin adoption is the challenge. So it is not about the coin, it is about the ecosystem. Building a digital economy sounds like a good idea to me. People should use coins but also have an incentive to hold them instead of trading them.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:52:42 PM

Why do you and mr. coins keep saying that like it matters?

the user that started this thread was in here answering questions, and specifically said that he would come back to this thread and post an answer to a specific question. He still hasn't done that.

"tryed to save what was left of it" is also a big red flag to me. It WAS doomed from the start, and people that fell for it and/or wasted time or energy trying to fix show a severe lack of intelligence for wasting their time/falling for such an obvious scam.

IF they are completely separate, they should be yelling and screaming it out loud to show and prove to everyone that they are completely separate.

Even if they do that, I seriously question the intelligence of anyone getting into this particular type of business with people stupid enough to get scammed by Garza with paycoin. The fact that they are starting the same half-truth and question avoidance characteristics of GAW is another big red flag. How many red flags is too many?
pcminerx

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:08:30 PM

Why do you and mr. coins keep saying that like it matters?

the user that started this thread was in here answering questions, and specifically said that he would come back to this thread and post an answer to a specific question. He still hasn't done that.

"tryed to save what was left of it" is also a big red flag to me. It WAS doomed from the start, and people that fell for it and/or wasted time or energy trying to fix show a severe lack of intelligence for wasting their time/falling for such an obvious scam.

IF they are completely separate, they should be yelling and screaming it out loud to show and prove to everyone that they are completely separate.

Even if they do that, I seriously question the intelligence of anyone getting into this particular type of business with people stupid enough to get scammed by Garza with paycoin. The fact that they are starting the same half-truth and question avoidance characteristics of GAW is another big red flag. How many red flags is too many?

Failures can reveal what we need to accomplish to achieve our goals or even what’s the best route to reach that target. Failures can reveal unexpected gaps in our competencies to reach our shared goals, competencies that we need to address if we are to succeed in our collective efforts. Is failure and trying again a reason to question one's intelligence? Keeping the community together using the staker platform xpy.io was the right decision and the only way to start a new project. A coin will not succeed without a community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: